next target of the left will be talk radio

Why would liberals want to target conservative talk radio.

Because of your general hatred of liberty. You of the left always seek to crush the rights of others, even if those rights have no effect on you. The left is like a frigid old hag denouncing sex, not only do you have no fun, you're determined to ensure no one else does either.

I say that because the way things are right now, the GOP is trying to become a kinder, gentler party, and I don't think conservative red meat lovers who listen to talk radio are going to like that strategy one bit. Furthermore, RW radio hosts like Mark Levin are blasting and basting the GOP leadership like they were working for Debbie Wasserman Shultz.

LOL

The nonsense you leftists believe.

I heard some Republicans who swore in 1994 that the left was done, vanquished for all time. It was bullshit of course, the excess of Clinton had simply led to the pendulum swinging to the right.

Now it's swung to the left, and you leftists are giddy with declarations of a thousand year reich. But it's just bullshit, in a few years it will swing back to the right. It is the way of politics.

And do you know what's coming next? IMMIGRATION REFORM. The GOP is about to embrace what many conservatives consider to be AMNESTY.

Wow, how unique - never before seen.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's see how THAT goes over on conservative talk radio. Like I said, liberals have no reason to go after talk radio when talk radio is in the process of opening up a full scale assault on the GOP which is trying to moderate (it's message, if not it's beliefs). Frankly, I think the GOP is going to have a VERY hard time turning a lot of red meat lovers into a bunch of vegans.

Yawn, leftists are children with no sense of proportion or history.

Why would liberals want to target conservative talk radio.

Because of your general hatred of liberty. You of the left always seek to crush the rights of others, even if those rights have no effect on you. The left is like a frigid old hag denouncing sex, not only do you have no fun, you're determined to ensure no one else does either.

I say that because the way things are right now, the GOP is trying to become a kinder, gentler party, and I don't think conservative red meat lovers who listen to talk radio are going to like that strategy one bit. Furthermore, RW radio hosts like Mark Levin are blasting and basting the GOP leadership like they were working for Debbie Wasserman Shultz.
LOL

The nonsense you leftists believe.

I heard some Republicans who swore in 1994 that the left was done, vanquished for all time. It was bullshit of course, the excess of Clinton had simply led to the pendulum swinging to the right.

Now it's swung to the left, and you leftists are giddy with declarations of a thousand year reich. But it's just bullshit, in a few years it will swing back to the right. It is the way of politics.

And do you know what's coming next? IMMIGRATION REFORM. The GOP is about to embrace what many conservatives consider to be AMNESTY.
Wow, how unique - never before seen.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's see how THAT goes over on conservative talk radio. Like I said, liberals have no reason to go after talk radio when talk radio is in the process of opening up a full scale assault on the GOP which is trying to moderate (it's message, if not it's beliefs). Frankly, I think the GOP is going to have a VERY hard time turning a lot of red meat lovers into a bunch of vegans.
Yawn, leftists are children with no sense of proportion or history.

A Republican civil war is just starting to warm up. I expect the heat to rise considerably from this point onward.

Denigrate, Obfuscate, Eliminate. Right on time. You could set your watch by it.
The Bubble where ipse dixit is the same thing as reality. It's a weird place.

Ohhh, did Pogo get trained to recite a new mantra? How impressive...

It refers back to my own previous post there, Evelyn Wood. "Denigrate, Obfuscate, Eliminate". As in:

Like Boo, you are a bit less rational than the average Manson family member.
or
So, how many cans of oven cleaner do you huff per day?
Indeed you're still at it just above here. You can't help yourself. Thanks for playin'.

If my party continues to follow the line of Talk Radio, the Democrats will be the majority party for the next decade.

You are correct sir. Hard to figure out why they follow unelected gadflies like Rush Plumbob and Grover Poopyhead. It's like they have some kind of need to be dominated. Which is kinda kinky, but I guess at least they're organized.

Most media is owned by big business which, by definition is, right wing.

And yet, Obama was re-elected by a majority of the vote.

THAT is how powerful the right wing radio nutters really are.

BWAHAHAHAHA

So Dudly;

Apple is "right wing?"
Microsoft is is "right wing?"
Oracle is "right wing?"
Google is is "right wing?"
Geico (George Soros) is "right wing?"
Kaiser Permanante (partner to Obama's fascist care) is "right wing?"
Blue Cross is "right wing?"
Government Motors is "right wing?"

If you leftists weren't retarded, you wouldn't be leftists.

While I would agree that corporations are not, by definition, "right-wing", certainly many of the corporations that actually own the media outlets most certainly are.

Clear Channel communications, which is responsible for 50% of radio broadcasting, is owned by Bain Capital and TH Lee Partners. Certainly very conservative organizations.

News Corp is a massive media corporation that owns hundreds of subsidiaries.

The other big media outlets are mostly owned by Comcast, CBS, Viacom, and Disney.

Pretty much the only one of those that can reliably be called "Liberal" is Disney, and really, even then they are only liberal concerning gay marriage.

A Republican civil war is just starting to warm up. I expect the heat to rise considerably from this point onward.

Of course you do, because you are a leftist child with no sense of reality.

You'll be sorely disappointed as your thousand year reich fades in less than a decade.

Reality is going to be a bummer for you. I can tell.

While I would agree that corporations are not, by definition, "right-wing", certainly many of the corporations that actually own the media outlets most certainly are.

Utter and complete nonsense.

General Electric was the power behind NBC and MSNBC - both extremist left - what a big surprise the GE's Jeffery Imelt is an Obama comrade and a far leftist.

ABC is owned by Disney, another giant of leftist progressiveness.

Clear Channel communications, which is responsible for 50% of radio broadcasting, is owned by Bain Capital and TH Lee Partners. Certainly very conservative organizations.

So, should Clear Channel by banned by law, then?

News Corp appears not to promote a particular view. Basically they are whores who will run anything that gains advertising dollars. And there is nothing wrong with that.

The other big media outlets are mostly owned by Comcast, CBS, Viacom, and Disney.

Pretty much the only one of those that can reliably be called "Liberal" is Disney, and really, even then they are only liberal concerning gay marriage.

Seriously, ViaCom is hard left. As are Ted Turner's multiple media conglomerates.

Most media is owned by big business which, by definition is, right wing.

And yet, Obama was re-elected by a majority of the vote.

THAT is how powerful the right wing radio nutters really are.

BWAHAHAHAHA

So Dudly;

Apple is "right wing?"
Microsoft is is "right wing?"
Oracle is "right wing?"
Google is is "right wing?"
Geico (George Soros) is "right wing?"
Kaiser Permanante (partner to Obama's fascist care) is "right wing?"
Blue Cross is "right wing?"
Government Motors is "right wing?"

If you leftists weren't retarded, you wouldn't be leftists.

Are you kidding? Disney-- "liberal"?? Ever been to Disneyland?
(I don't mean that as a recommendation...)

Maybe "a" corporation per se isn't automatically leftist in its politics, but megacorp monopolies are, and that describes all of the mass media-- the alphabets, the CNNs, and the Fox. They're all far more alike than they are different, and far more alike than the apologists for any of them like to pretend.

Operationally, not a hair of difference between 'em. They'll do what it takes to draw listeners and viewers, regardless of the relationship between their tone and the facts, because while the goal of journalism may be objective reporting, these megacorps are not journalists; they're businesses. And the goal of business is profit.

Utter and complete nonsense.

General Electric was the power behind NBC and MSNBC - both extremist left - what a big surprise the GE's Jeffery Imelt is an Obama comrade and a far leftist.

GE no longer owns either.

ABC is owned by Disney, another giant of leftist progressiveness.

In what way, besides gay rights, is Disney "Liberal"? Please be specific.

If gay rights makes someone a "liberal", than Dick Cheney is a liberal.

So, should Clear Channel by banned by law, then?

Because that was either mentioned in my post, at all, or ever a choice in the first place.

Well done with the nonsensical non sequiturs though.

News Corp appears not to promote a particular view. Basically they are whores who will run anything that gains advertising dollars. And there is nothing wrong with that.

That is the largest load of horse-shit in this horse-shit filled thread yet.

News Corp obviously has an agenda, as evidenced by the fact that they defended the Bush administration throughout their 2 terms, despite public opinion to the contrary, and attacked the Obama and Clinton administration throughout their terms.

Therefore, News Corp goes well beyond any possibility of explanation via the "whore to the mighty dollar" excuse.

And the fact that you try to excuse them makes you a shill.

Seriously, ViaCom is hard left. As are Ted Turner's multiple media conglomerates.

As far as I know, Viacom allows a grand total of 2 liberal shows (The Daily Show and the Colbert Report) to air on their networks, both of which are comedy shows, and are the highest rated comedy shows in the United States.

In addition, they air South Park, which consistently rags on liberals, and has a constant conservative bent.

Do you have some example of Viacom showing a general consistency toward a liberal bias aside from an hour on comedy central?

GE no longer owns either.

Irrelevant. Under GE, a leftist giant was created out of NBC, which openly cheered Obama during the supposed "coverage" of the election. MSNBC is nearly a caricature, with a partisanship that makes ThinkProgress blush.

In what way, besides gay rights, is Disney "Liberal"? Please be specific.

The games the left plays...

Disney's Nickelodeon network was recently criticized for blatant indoctrination efforts.

{Is Nickelodeon Politically Indoctrinating Your Children into Supporting Liberal Causes and Democrats?}

Is Nickelodeon Politically Indoctrinating Your Children into Supporting Liberal Causes and Democrats? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

A Disney power hitter;

{Katzenberg, 61, is the cofounder and chief executive of DreamWorks Animation Studios. He was the chief of feature animation at Disney when the company produced “The Little Mermaid,’’ “Beauty and the Beast,’’ “Aladdin,’’ and “The Lion King.’’ He started DreamWorks in 1994 with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen. A steady Democratic donor, Katzenberg was a maximum contributor to then-Senator Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign and to the Democratic National Committee that year. }

Leading donors to liberal causes - Nation - The Boston Globe

Enough of proving water is wet?

Because that was either mentioned in my post, at all, or ever a choice in the first place.

Well done with the nonsensical non sequiturs though.

The theme of the thread is the desire of the left to silence opposition speech. Since Clear Channel distributes Limbaugh, they are clearly a target of the left.

That is the largest load of horse-shit in this horse-shit filled thread yet.

News Corp obviously has an agenda, as evidenced by the fact that they defended the Bush administration throughout their 2 terms, despite public opinion to the contrary, and attacked the Obama and Clinton administration throughout their terms.

ROFL

You mean, they allowed Hannity on a station?

No, News Corp didn't "defend" Bush, their corporate statements say nothing of politics. Yes, they syndicate Hannity, but they also carry Bill Handel, a far left radio host.

They carry whatever gains advertisers.

Therefore, News Corp goes well beyond any possibility of explanation via the "whore to the mighty dollar" excuse.

And the fact that you try to excuse them makes you a shill.

What childish absurdity.

They are a "shill" unless they prohibit anything that might criticize the party, regardless of how many left leaning shows they carry.

As far as I know, Viacom allows a grand total of 2 liberal shows (The Daily Show and the Colbert Report) to air on their networks, both of which are comedy shows, and are the highest rated comedy shows in the United States.

Jon Stewart is the news source of America's left. Comedy central is the intellectual nexus of leftist thought.

In addition, they air South Park, which consistently rags on liberals, and has a constant conservative bent.

Oh yeah, South Park defines the family values right.

You leftists sure are rational....

Do you have some example of Viacom showing a general consistency toward a liberal bias aside from an hour on comedy central?

Comedy Central is the foundation of leftist politics in America - and broadcasts far left idiocy 24X7.

Uncensored, who cares? Both sides, the Dems and my GOP, play the propaganda game. Are you saying both sides should stop? That won't happen, because that is not the American way.

Irrelevant. Under GE, a leftist giant was created out of NBC, which openly cheered Obama during the supposed "coverage" of the election. MSNBC is nearly a caricature, with a partisanship that makes ThinkProgress blush.

Wow, you actually found the one place on television that is actually a left-wing propaganda outlet.

Yes, MSNBC is in fact a left-wing media outlet, and was modeled after FoxNews' example.

And I will fully admit that, because MSNBC is the only actual left-leaning media outlet on TV.

And GE has nothing to do with them anymore. If it was irrelevant, then why would you have mentioned it in the first place?

The games the left plays...

Disney's Nickelodeon network was recently criticized for blatant indoctrination efforts.

{Is Nickelodeon Politically Indoctrinating Your Children into Supporting Liberal Causes and Democrats?}

Is Nickelodeon Politically Indoctrinating Your Children into Supporting Liberal Causes and Democrats? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

A Disney power hitter;

{Katzenberg, 61, is the cofounder and chief executive of DreamWorks Animation Studios. He was the chief of feature animation at Disney when the company produced “The Little Mermaid,’’ “Beauty and the Beast,’’ “Aladdin,’’ and “The Lion King.’’ He started DreamWorks in 1994 with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen. A steady Democratic donor, Katzenberg was a maximum contributor to then-Senator Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign and to the Democratic National Committee that year. }[/url]

Enough of proving water is wet?

Wow, what a load of unmitigated crap that opinion piece was.

Because the Disney model for little girls, Princesses that wait for a man to save them, is ultra-Liberal, isn't it?

Sounds like conservative "indoctrination" to me.

Have you watched "Disney Junior" or "Nickelodeon"? I have, as I have 2 kids, and I can tell you from direct experience, rather than the blatherings of some jackass opinion writer, that there is no bias at all going on there.

The theme of the thread is the desire of the left to silence opposition speech. Since Clear Channel distributes Limbaugh, they are clearly a target of the left.
ROFL

In your twisted imagination, there are apparently a whole bunch of left-wingers calling for the removal of right-wing radio talk.

In reality, there's no-one calling for that, at all, except maybe for a very few lunatic fringe people that are just as crazy as you are.

You mean, they allowed Hannity on a station?

No, News Corp didn't "defend" Bush, their corporate statements say nothing of politics. Yes, they syndicate Hannity, but they also carry Bill Handel, a far left radio host.

They carry whatever gains advertisers.

Bull Shit.

If they did, they would have picked up on the anti-Bush sentiment that led to the rise of MSNBC. But they did not.

They pick all conservative commenters and causes, and stand loyally behind them, just like MSNBC stands loyally behind left-wing causes.

What childish absurdity.

They are a "shill" unless they prohibit anything that might criticize the party, regardless of how many left leaning shows they carry.

What are you even talking about with this? The only people I know that even think that way work for FoxNews.

Jon Stewart is the news source of America's left. Comedy central is the intellectual nexus of leftist thought.

Wow, is that a crock of shit. You need to lay off the kool aid.

You firmly believe that the American left gets it's propaganda from a comedy show.

Well, I guess that someone who listens to Rush Limbaugh would think that.

Oh yeah, South Park defines the family values right.

You leftists sure are rational....

Comedy Central is the foundation of leftist politics in America - and broadcasts far left idiocy 24X7.

Wow, now I understand why you think the way you do. You're completely insane.

If you watched South Park with any frequency, you would have seen all the times they've made fun of the left, whether it was the Al Gore episodes, or the "Smug" episode, or any of the other times that they've taken direct aim at the left.

Propaganda certainly does not have to be of a positive nature.

But still, I watch South Park, because unlike some people, I can enjoy comedic criticism without thinking that there's a vast conspiracy in place to "indoctrinate our children".

Like you do, you crazy black-helicopter survivalist bastard.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:
General Electric owning NBC, when it did, is a perfect example of both what's wrong with megaolopoly ownership of media, and the conservatism those megalopolies live by. GE was, and is, a major manufacturer of both war tools and electrical power generation, including methods controversial from time to time such as nuclear and coal.

Anyone who can't see that a corporation's major investments in war tools and power generation is going to colour and severely limit the coverage of any related topics on a ubiquitous news network that the same corporation also owns (duh), is abjectly naïve. Why would a manufacturing-based outfit like GE even be interested in owning media ... except to control the dialogue about it? Think about it.

So this canard about GE creating a "leftist" network is not only subjective uninformed crapola, it flies in the face of the factual. GE obviously has no interest in anything "leftist". It has interests in making military and aerospace gear and electrical stuff. Nothing "leftist" about that.

As for the "silencing of ClearChannel" heap of steamingly moist bullshit, that suggestion has been floated here for the duration of the thread, yet given no documentation whatsoever after countless invitations to do so. Because there is no documentation. Things that do not exist tend to have that quality.

And yet its proponents, swimming in the swill of their own mythological denial, cannot seem to connect the dots to admit that what they're serving here is a rhetorical turd sandwich. Indeed it was Bill Clinton who signed TelComm 96 into law, the legislative cancer that allowed ClearChannel and others like it to grow like the cancer they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back