NFL Has Worst Attendance Numbers in over a Decade

From your link:

"Through 12 weeks of play, NFL games are averaging 15.8 million viewers on television, according to figures released Wednesday by the league. In 2017, its games averaged 14.9 million viewers for the full season. That number was 16.5 million for the entire 2016 season and 17.9 million in 2015."

so laying it out like a picture for you, Toro
2015........17.9 million viewers

They have recovered less than a million viewers on average and are still down over a two and three year period.

Nature abhors straight lines, and so this year is a viewership blip up, most likely from zealous counts/estimates, while actual physical fans are deserting the game in droves even more so.

The NFL is dying and I say good riddance.

Ratings are falling for most TV programs.

It must because of all the kneeling.
A 17% drop that just happened to occur along with the kneeling controversy?

You that gullible?

You have to understand something about the NFL - if not a single fan showed up, they'd still make money. The TV contract alone covers all the franchises' operating expenses plus a nice profit.
And you should understand one thing about the NFL; the attendance numbers at the stadium are a leading indicator. Those are the people who put their kids through football programs in middle school and have friends among college alumni that support the college programs.

The NFL did not develop a farm program like baseball because college ball is the predecessor. College football gave birth to professional ball, not the other way around, and without that continuation among old fashioned parents who want their sons to grow up manly men, this kneeling shit is a deal breaker.

You crybabies should just stick to Nascar, pro wrestling, and anything else that doesn't offend your delicate feelings.

I stick to real athletes. Hockey. They play with injuries NFL players would cry about. As for basketball it has gone downhill. To many cry babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame/credit FCC for the attendance decline, figuring more than anything else the decline is due to the FCC flexing some muscle that caused the league to suspend its blackout rule starting back with the 2015 season.

FCC votes to end NFL blackout rule

Oh, that.

Yeah, that is bad for football at all levels and fewer kids are playing now.

Yup. In all seriousness, I think football is eventually going to have to make a very difficult choice. It's either going to go extinct or it's going to need to evolve to suit the undeniable medical findings. Maybe it evolves into a flag football version of itself or something? (Interestingly enough, this is exactly why the forward pass became part of football) Either way, it's going to have to be something less violent, which will inevitably drop its ratings.

There have been several prominent professional players who flat-out didn't want their kids to play football because of CTE.

Top 12 NFL Players Who Wouldn't Let Their Kids Play Football

My team also had a very prominent rookie linebacker who simply decided to quit after his rookie season, citing his concerns regarding CTE. Really smart guy if you ask me.

After leaving San Francisco 49ers after one season to protect his health, Chris Borland isn't looking back

Hopefully wil decline to near zero over the mext ten years. These large negroez and wwhite jocks canbe used for infrastructure projects that their sub-100 IQ will work well for. Unfortunately theyll go from 20 million a year to 20,000 every six months like the rest of people that do physical work

Oh, that.

Yup. In all seriousness, I think football is eventually going to have to make a very difficult choice. It's either going to go extinct or it's going to need to evolve to suit the undeniable medical findings. Maybe it evolves into a flag football version of itself or something? (Interestingly enough, this is exactly why the forward pass became part of football) Either way, it's going to have to be something less violent, which will inevitably drop its ratings.

There have been several prominent professional players who flat-out didn't want their kids to play football because of CTE.

My team also had a very prominent rookie linebacker who simply decided to quit after his rookie season, citing his concerns regarding CTE. Really smart guy if you ask me.

After leaving San Francisco 49ers after one season to protect his health, Chris Borland isn't looking back

Can’t blame them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that.

The NFL and college football need to ditch the protective armor and let people slow down naturally for reluctance to hit someone else unprotected.

Kind of like Rugby does it.

JimBowie1958, post: 21514558

Attendance in all sports is tied to winning. The more a team wins the more the fans show up at home and on the road.

I usually go to a couple of Browns games a year. One in Cleveland and one near where I live in Baltimore.

I usually watch the Browns at a Browns backers bar which pays the NFL handsomely to show out of market games to wayward homesick fans.

This year I didn’t attend a single game (work and vacation interfered) and it had nothing to do with hater Trumpo and all his bitching and moaning because the NFL wisely rejected his attempts to become an owner.

Never the less:

NFL's record revenue puts lie to owners' dire anthem-protest warnings | NFL ...

Jul 17, 2018 ·NFL Each NFL team received $255 million as league revenue was up 4.9 percent, despite a national anthem controversy and shaky TV ratings

The NFL is alive and healthy. 6% annual growth projected through 2027

The Green Bay Packers, the only NFL team that shares financial statements with the public, has posted revenue increases for 15 straight seasons. Leaguewide revenue has grown more than 47 percent since 2012. Commissioner Roger Goodell’s official target is $25 billion in revenue by 2027, or roughly 6 percent annual growth.

But Trumpo - not so much. He may have miscalculated the financial returns that hus White Nationalists Agenda would bring in.

Jul 6, 2018,11:00 am
President Trump's Cash Streams Seem To Be Slowing Down.

Bombastic politics haven’t helped cash flows either. Trump launched his campaign with controversial statements about Mexican immigrants. Within weeks, companies that had partnered with him—including mattress maker Serta, fragrance retailer Perfumania and department store Macy’s—reportedly began cutting ties. On a 2016 federal filing, Trump said he owned five product licensing companies that brought in more than $100,000 in revenues. Two months ago, in his latest financial disclosure filing, Trump said that only one of those businesses now takes in that much money.

President Trump's Cash Streams Seem To Be Slowing Down

You that gullible?

No. The kneeling controversy hurt the NFL.

But that's not the point.

You Orange Jesus worshippers look for anything that reinforce your worldview and try to spin it to suit your politics. You guys' incessant Orange Jesus cheerleading at any data point is ridiculous. Attendance is down and that's because of MAGA. Ratings are up and that's because of nevermind don't pay attention, it's all about Orange Jesus #MAGA. An intellectually honest approach doesn't pick and choose which data set to compare just because it reinforces your political biases.

Here's an article from six years ago about declining NFL attendance. Must because of MAGA!

After peaking in 2007, NFL attendance steadily has declined

From your link:

"Through 12 weeks of play, NFL games are averaging 15.8 million viewers on television, according to figures released Wednesday by the league. In 2017, its games averaged 14.9 million viewers for the full season. That number was 16.5 million for the entire 2016 season and 17.9 million in 2015."

so laying it out like a picture for you, Toro
2015........17.9 million viewers

They have recovered less than a million viewers on average and are still down over a two and three year period.

Nature abhors straight lines, and so this year is a viewership blip up, most likely from zealous counts/estimates, while actual physical fans are deserting the game in droves even more so.

The NFL is dying and I say good riddance.

Ratings are falling for most TV programs.

It must because of all the kneeling.

You that gullible?
So many other factors have contributed to the drop

How do you account for the drop in network viewership in prime time?
More kneeling?

You Orange Jesus worshippers look for anything that reinforce your worldview and try to spin it to suit your politics. You guys' incessant Orange Jesus cheerleading at any data point is ridiculous.
This sounds like projection.

I can agree with someone without 'worshipping' them, cant you?

I have said many times that Trump was not m y first choice, but I support him as PotUS like I supported Obama, its just that you libs are so obsessed with trump and distort his message so much I end up defending him alot more than I should have to in a fair and reasonable discussion.

Take this discussion for example, I was talking about the NFLs apparent disloyalty to our Republic.

So why do you feel the need to link it to Trump?

Strange. They were sure that insulting their customers would be the ticket to success.

Maybe they have not done it enough yet. STAY THE COURSE.

24nfl-web-articleLarge.jpg
NASCAR’s attendance is down even more. Maybe they should try kneeling?
They banned the confederate flag. Political correctness kills everything.

Strange. They were sure that insulting their customers would be the ticket to success.

Lol if that’s why you stopped watching NASCAR then you never cared at all about NASCAR. Meanwhile, just like 2017, the NFL will soon announce record revenues.

Lol if that’s why you stopped watching NASCAR then you never cared at all about NASCAR. Meanwhile, just like 2017, the NFL will soon announce record revenues.
I've never watched NASCAR dumbass. Nothing exciting about watching cars drive in a circle.

I've never watched NASCAR dumbass. Nothing exciting about watching cars drive in a circle.
Why would you possibly think I care? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back