NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to address government, WTF are they doing it in a football stadium? Address government by contacting your Congress person, your Senator, the President. Write an opinion piece to your local paper.
Tell it to Merrick Garland.

Garland was rejected by the Senate, I did contact my senators about him and asked them to oppose bringing his name up for consideration
Garland was put up for a vote? Are you really this fucking stupid?

There wasn't enough support for him to actually have a formal vote. Garland was too much of an extremist, and would have ruined the ideological balance on the court, possibly destroying our democracy forever.

If they want to address government, WTF are they doing it in a football stadium? Address government by contacting your Congress person, your Senator, the President. Write an opinion piece to your local paper.

Garland was rejected by the Senate, I did contact my senators about him and asked them to oppose bringing his name up for consideration

There wasn't enough support for him to actually have a formal vote. Garland was too much of an extremist, and would have ruined the ideological balance on the court, possibly destroying our democracy forever.
Oh bull fucking shit. Garland was a moderate.

If McConnell was right then the current nominee should not be considered until after the election. Let the voters decide. Right, jackass?

There was no vote & you lied when you said the Senate rejected him.

Ok, one example, but Jenkins destroyed all the good he did by kneeling at the first preseason game. Yes, the DOJ and FBI are corrupt, much of the corruption happened under Obama, you tell me, did he condone it or try to stop it?

Yes, no Trump has been shot unarmed------------yet.
This is why there is no reason in talking to a Trump supporter

I just showed you an example of a NFL player doing something beyond anthem protests, and you still find a way to say "yea, but..."

Then in the very same comment, despite a Trump official never being shot while unarmed, never being beaten into a confession while in custody -- you still claim that its the DOJ that is corrupt and how black NFL players should be quiet

I think they should protest if they feel motivated to do so. But not during a football game and to disgrace the national anthem, the flag, the military, and everyone who died protecting their right to protest.
Nonsense.

The highest form of patriotism is to engage in peaceful protest, to oppose injustice, and to express one’s opinions and concerns.

What’s disgraceful is the ridiculous notion that one should refrain from peaceful protest to appease those hostile to the issues being protested against.

And let’s make no mistake about it: the right’s hostility to NFL players engaging in peaceful protest has little to do with ‘disrespecting the anthem’ – it has to do with conservatives’ contempt for the black community bringing attention to the unwarranted killing of young black men by the police, something most on the right reject as being a legitimate, important issue to protest.

So what unwarranted killings are you talking about where the officer was guilty of breaking the law and not charged or imprisoned? I know you can't answer, but it's just a fun thing for me to do.

You fucking moron. Police getting away with it is part of the fucking problem.

So name me one instance where that happened you fucken flamer. You leftists are headline readers and don't do any research before you shoot of your mouths. You let the media do the thinking for you instead of trying it yourself one time.

And what happened to the officer?

Yes, you can get shot for not listening because a move you make could be considered life threatening. In most all cases, a grand jury decides not to indict because the officer was within the law when he used deadly force.

If an unarmed man (of any race) approaches me in my car and tries to break in and I have nowhere to go, I can legally fill him with holes, and I won't even get a ticket yet alone charged. That's our law.

Well luckily in the case of the guy who totally followed police commands and was still shot -- luckily there was a guy recording it with a cell phone -- so that officer was charged -- that wouldn't have been the case otherwise. Now if that officer will be convicted, that remains to be seen..

As for your belief that police should be able to shoot anyone who walks up on them or approaches them in their car -- are you claiming that you are in support of this officer shooting this woman for approaching their car?
damond-call.jpg

[

It has nothing to do with cars. So I'll post our law here in the State of Ohio for CCW Holders: A licensed CCW holder is permitted to use deadly force if they believe they or others are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. That's our law and it's very similar to those in other states.

As for police officers that do not find themselves in such jeopardy, if they use deadly force, they are held accountable just like any other citizen. And I believe the case you're talking about (above) has not been investigated completely yet, and I'm sure everything will come out (pro or con) when the investigation is complete. Then we'll see what happens at that time.

The bottom line is that there is nothing to protest. When good police officers use justified deadly force, they are not charged. When bad cops use unjustified deadly force, they pay the consequences.

So, cops feared for their lives & killed people running away.

This idea that you assholes just have to claim you were afraid & you get to kill anyone.

This is one reason you should never ever been allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

Why, because I know the law and how to use it to my advantage?

Show me one instance where a person was running away and got shot by a cop with impunity. But yes, if an officer believes the person getting away is a threat to the public, he does have the legal right to use any means necessary to stop the suspect.

You are the quintessential liberal. You are ignorant of the laws and are pissed off about it. You think the laws are what a liberal makes up at the time.

All police shootings are thoroughly investigated. If it is found the officer was within his power to use deadly force, no charges are brought forward. If there is any question about his use of force, it goes to a Grand Jury. If the Grand Jury finds no laws were broken by the officer, they vote to acquit which is what happens in most cases.

It doesn't get much fairer than that.

Fair???????? You fucking moron. The fucking law is the God damn problem, because idiots like you think it is OK to kill people. You take the law to your advantage??? What the fuck is that? You get to kill people as long as you say " But Mommy I was afraid"?

The police shooting are investigated the the police. Wow, how fair is that?

I saw the head police dick say the white guy was right to kill the guy who pushed him down when the black guy was jurt standing there. Only a fucking moron like you would think that was a "good" shooting.

I have no idea WTF you're talking about. Post a link so we can have an in depth discussion about it and I can research the case.

The laws are written to stop aggression, particularly by you liberals since you're such a violent bunch. If you don't want to get shot by me--don't attack me. It's as simple as that. If you don't want to get shot by a cop, don't give him any reason to think you are making a deadly move on him.

All police shootings have one thing in common: the suspect didn't listen to the orders of the police officer. The problem is you liberals are not as smart as us conservatives. We know the simple solution to the problem is to obey all commands by the officer. Liberals think the solution to the problem is riot and burn down their own city.

Oh bull fucking shit. Garland was a moderate.

If McConnell was right then the current nominee should not be considered until after the election. Let the voters decide. Right, jackass?

There was no vote & you lied when you said the Senate rejected him.

Rubbish, Garland is no "moderate". Hard core leftist, rabid gun grabbing anti-life son of a gun.

Do you really think that he wouldn't have voted with the solid Liberal Wall of Breyer, Ginsberg, Sotomayor and Kangan on every issue?

And remember, this is the individual that was supposed to replace Scalia who got whacked earlier in the year.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.
Still against the 1st amendment I see, like 45.

Government is prosecuting kneelers? You're going to have to prove that, I call bull shit to that
I think he means that when Trump from his office as president was calling for NFL owners to fire NFL players -- which the owners could do, but people may have had a problem with Trump advocating for these players to face consequences for protesting.

I personally feel most of the president's animosity still stems from when he failed miserably to compete with the NFL years ago.

Of course, it couldn't be because he's thankful to be born in a country that allowed him the success he's had.
Is that why Trump didn't think America was great and is that why Trump denigrated the service of military members who were prisoners of war?

Have you ever once heard any NFL player say anything even remotely close to saying "POW's are not not war heroes, war heroes are people who weren’t captured.” -- Can you provide me a link to any NFL player saying something like this about any member of the military?

If not, then you will understand why many of us feel your complaints about NFL players is deeply seated in racism

Excellent point. Totally agree. Someone who writes in his book that his "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases, does not have a high regard for the military in this country.
Trump's Vulgar Admission: Avoiding STDs was "my personal Vietnam" with "few uninfected" women

I think this video is one of the best ever regarding the kneeling, and it's done by a sports announcer Dale Hansen, out of Dallas, Texas

Frankly, Donald Trump is the last person on this planet that should be pointing out what he believes to be the lack of patriotism in others.

Trump-Baby-putin-image.jpg

For the classified information Trump has already given Putin, click this link on this board.
Do You Believe Based on Evidence, Russia Changed Outcome of 2016 Election

For the evidence of collusion click this link. Here you can read one article that was confirmed under sworn testitmony over a year ago by James Clapper, watch 2 FOX NEWS video's and another of Trump admitting to Obstruction of Justice on National T.V.

Then click this link to see how Vladimir Putin actually did change the outcome of the election.

3 different links to 3 different posts on this board.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.
Actually, many NFL players put action behind their protest during the off season -- now you may not have heard about it because they didn't do it in a way to draw attention --also, because the liberal media didn't want to report on it, because of how liberal the media is and all..

But here is one example of why your post is a bunch of BS:

"After the anthem, and off the field, Jenkins’ push for social justice and racial equality continued. Along with four other NFL players, he traveled to Washington, D.C., for a meeting with lawmakers to discuss criminal justice reform."

When Malcolm Jenkins went on a ride along with Philly police he said: "There was a lot I wanted to accomplish by doing it. First, I wanted to kind of learn for myself before I went on advocating and making a lot of noise. I wanted to learn for myself, kind of both ends of the spectrum. What is it that officers are going through? What are their challenges? Their perspective on the issue. Or even if they believed that there was an issue. And then also being able to hear the voices of members of the community that have to deal with police interactions all the time. The third thing I wanted to do is document the conversations that came out of it, between myself and law enforcement."

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins talks about his ride-along with Philly Police Department

So no, NFL players are not just protesting during the anthem and nothing else off the field, you wouldn't know or care because you don't see a problem to begin with --- but you same people are willing to declare the entire FBI and DOJ as being corrupt and I don't recall one single Trump official being shot unarmed.
Oooh, a handful of them. You’re right it sure didn’t make the news.

What exactly is social justice? Can you explain that one?
I will let Dr. King help you to understand what it means "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

In other words, just because you are comfortable personally, the policies and current conditions that are challenges and injustices to others is still something you should GIVE A FUCK about -- if not actively, at least by simply acknowledging that those people have a right to protest those policies and/or conditions and take political action if need be

Doing so makes them no less of an American than you are -- every emancipation effort by every historically oppressed group of people have always been met with fierce opposition by those who were "comfortable"

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Very powerful words. Thank you.

Yes, powerful words. MLK would never have condoned disrespecting the anthem, the flag, or the country. You don't know much about MLK do you?
You would probably be very surprised. Yes I do. Good day.

Government is prosecuting kneelers? You're going to have to prove that, I call bull shit to that
I think he means that when Trump from his office as president was calling for NFL owners to fire NFL players -- which the owners could do, but people may have had a problem with Trump advocating for these players to face consequences for protesting.

I personally feel most of the president's animosity still stems from when he failed miserably to compete with the NFL years ago.

Hey, he won three dollars in that suit. Took the USFL down in the process as one of those failed/collapsed businesses he denies ever being part of but hey, three dollars is three dollars. Just $129,997 short of a Stormy Daniels.

So yeah he's still got a hard-on for the NFL. I think that's what he means by "something else must be small".

Oh and when he said "I guarantee there's no problem" obviously he meant there's "a" problem. He just demonstrated it. Another Rumpic "double negative".

The professional writer proves again he doesn't know how to use quote marks. You really were in fake news, I totally believe you. You're a terrible writer

Don't know about that but in English, by tradition we end sentences with periods.
Oopsie poopsie. One is hoist with one's own petard, isn't one.

Yes? Question in the back?
Lose with dignity

The answer is yes. Every time.

LOL, the professional writer doesn't know the difference between writing things like articles and presentations. Of course you don't. That's why you were in fake news. You're illogical, butt hurt, emotional and can't write

still waiting for an explanation of the context on the ORIGINAL PLAYER PROTESTS ...

Angry, entitled black man kneels because he hates America and doesn't appreciate how great this country has been to him or how much worse it is everywhere else

Angry, entitled orange man squeals because he hates anyone not sucking up to him, plays his robots like a two-dollar banjo and doesn't appreciate how great this country has been to him what with being handed an umpteen million dollar empire by his father who scammed it off the government in the first place.

Fixed it for ya.
Indeed.as much as i hated that facist pig Obama,the one thing I give kudos to him on is he at LEAST recognized it that its the right of an individual to salute the flag or not.when the NFL came up with a reasonable solution,that the kneelers stay in the locker room,he then whines and says that is an even worse idea.I like a lot of stuff trump is doing domestic wise over that facist obama but this is not one of them,this is more in line with many of obamas policys. funny how in THIS case,Obama has been more like a president who believes in the constitution where Trump is just the opposite,closer to how Obama always was during his administration,a dictater. who would have thunk.LOL

When did Trump say that NFL players don't have the "right" to kneel again? I haven't seen that.

So just to be clear. Any time you criticize someone for doing something you disagree with, you're saying they don't have the "right of an individual" to do that. That's your standard

I don't watch sports so I guess I don't get to give a shit.

You realize the thread is accurately titled. If you don't give a shit, click on another link. No one gives a shit that you don't give a shit
Yet you felt the need to reply.......... :eusa_whistle:

:rofl:

Right, I think it was stupid that you commented on something to say you don't care about it. So I said so. What about that didn't you follow?
Seems someone was triggered...... And it twern't me........ :lol:
Let me guess, you have an un-diagnosed control fixation....... :eusa_whistle:

Grow up

So you're saying the President doesn't have first Amendment rights? Where do you get that stupid idea?

Give some examples of when you objected to Obama using his first Amendment rights ...
Didnt say he didnt have first amendment rights, i am saying what people are complaining about -- I already said that president is well within his rights to attack NFL players and call their mothers bitches...

My comment was specifically about his bringing up the first amendment, which has nothing to do with this. Trump isn't violating anyone's first amendment right by exercising his own first amendment rights

As long as you concede that Obama saying the "officer acted stupidly" doesn't mean that Obama hates police

Non-sequitur. What you meant to say was as long as you conceded that Obama has the first amendment right to say the officer acted stupidly. That would be a logical question based on what I said. Yes, Obama had that first amendment right.

As to your question though, that alone didn't mean Obama hates police. But that he said it before there was any evidence in and that he did the same so many other times does mean that. But my argument was about the first amendment
The police officer did behave stupidly, still doesn't mean that Obama hates the police.

Guess who else chided the officer for "repeated missed opportunities to find a better outcome." -- that was the conclusion of the 9 month investigation into the arrest --- but don't feel bad, they blamed Gates too for not immediately acquiescing to the police officer's demands -- because obviously, Gates had no right to be upset about being accused of breaking into his own house. However, the onus is more on the police officer to be the professional, that is the responsibility that goes with being an officer.

As for the first amendment, Trump is entitled to using his, NFL players are entitled to theirs -- however the NFL players are not denouncing military members..

So I will ask you the same question all of the other Trump cucks keep avoiding -- what NFL player ever attacked a military member as not being a hero for being captured in combat?

That doesn't contradict what I said, "he said it before there was any evidence."

Leftists are so illogical. So you think whether or not he was ultimately right or not makes a difference? He said that for every shooting of a white cop and a black man, and no, he wasn't always right. He was usually wrong. Whether or not he was right once doesn't make what he did right

Well if Trump would have just STFU--this wouldn't be going on right now, would it?

NFLvsTrump.jpg

Yes it would, because the actions by the NFL had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do with losing audience and revenue.

In
The fucking national anthem isn't even part of the telecasts.

As we hashed out a year ago but apparently are going to cut and paste all over again because some wags weren't listening to any voice but their own, there's no evidence of "losing audience". The stadia stayed packed, and cherrypicking TV ratings where all sports and all programming of any kind is in decline in favor of streaming and phoning and tableting and the like, is just dishonest hackery.

Just as Alex John Brinkley Jones will see a spike in his own attention simply out of his wailing butthurt about having his YouTube toy taken away, so the NFL would have seen a spike in TV interest, however momentary, at least until the point viewers realized that what y'all are stomping your little feet about isn't even broadcast on TV.

So don't insult readers' intelligence with that bullshit.

If there was any truth to what you say the NFL would not be taking actions to prevent future events. When the NFL started to become sissified, they began to lose viewers. When the kneeling started, they lost even more.

And your causative evidence here is-----?

I'll give you a week so you can see your proctologist to help find it.

In your case, that's your primary care physician.

What difference does it make if the kneeling is televised or not? NFL customers are offended.

I was about to ask what makes you think you can stage political protests at work. Then I remembered you're fake news. Never mind ...

The Senate didn’t “reject him”. They refused to even begin the confirmation process, interview him, or to consider his nomination on the grounds that it was an election year.

Last edited:
Sports is supposed to be an escape from the rigors of everyday life, is sucks when it becomes political.

This is truth. So you've been firing off strongly-worded letters at the Pentagon and the NFL for trotting in these fake patriotism charades at what was supposed to be a football game, haven't you.

Wow, the Pentagon and the NFL started the kneeling?

You just get dumber and more Democrat partisan every day

They certainly started the anthem. But nice try once AGAIN trying to morph somebody else's statement from what it is into what you wish it had been. Verbal history-revisionism. Again, rhetorical fascism and again, fumble.

It's hilarious how you think the Pentagon started the kneeling bringing politics into sport.

Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one?

Upon further review I am forced to amend. I should have added the adjective "desperate" to "Verbal history-revisionism".

NFL players: kneel

Non-leftists: Object

Pogo: Oh ... my ... God, non-leftists started this!!!!

You mentioned your hillbilly logic already

Feel free to show the class where the NFL players union, or any player or players, ever started insisting, "Look, I'm not gonna participate in this game unless we can first have a meaningless fake-patriotism charade on the field where we have a captive audience".

And when you've got that, show the class where those players then demanded "we're not happy being in the locker room when this fake patriotism charade goes on --- make us all trot out and stand there like marionettes!".

Happy huntin' Dumbass.

Interesting. Pogo's getting really defensive and insecure. He needs to be speaking for a crowd of people to prop up his ego because he doesn't have the gonads to speak for himself.

As for your question, people who don't work in fake news like you do where you write political OP-EDs on the front page of the paper, have to follow their employer's requirements whether they like them or not. Or they need to find another job.

Didn't know that, huh hillbilly?

Another fun fact. Outside fake news, almost no one is allowed by their employer to stage political protests at work and for the same reason the NFL shouldn't allow it. All it does is piss off customers.

See how that works? No, huh?

This is truth. So you've been firing off strongly-worded letters at the Pentagon and the NFL for trotting in these fake patriotism charades at what was supposed to be a football game, haven't you.

They certainly started the anthem. But nice try once AGAIN trying to morph somebody else's statement from what it is into what you wish it had been. Verbal history-revisionism. Again, rhetorical fascism and again, fumble.

It's hilarious how you think the Pentagon started the kneeling bringing politics into sport.

Upon further review I am forced to amend. I should have added the adjective "desperate" to "Verbal history-revisionism".

Feel free to show the class where the NFL players union, or any player or players, ever started insisting, "Look, I'm not gonna participate in this game unless we can first have a meaningless fake-patriotism charade on the field where we have a captive audience".

And when you've got that, show the class where those players then demanded "we're not happy being in the locker room when this fake patriotism charade goes on --- make us all trot out and stand there like marionettes!".

Happy huntin' Dumbass.

Interesting. Pogo's getting really defensive and insecure. He needs to be speaking for a crowd of people to prop up his ego because he doesn't have the gonads to speak for himself.

As for your question, people who don't work in fake news like you do where you write political OP-EDs on the front page of the paper, have to follow their employer's requirements whether they like them or not. Or they need to find another job.

Another fun fact. Outside fake news, almost no one is allowed by their employer to stage political protests at work and for the same reason the NFL shouldn't allow it. All it does is piss off customers.

Works both ways. How about you both stfu. lol!

Of course, it couldn't be because he's thankful to be born in a country that allowed him the success he's had.
Is that why Trump didn't think America was great and is that why Trump denigrated the service of military members who were prisoners of war?

Have you ever once heard any NFL player say anything even remotely close to saying "POW's are not not war heroes, war heroes are people who weren’t captured.” -- Can you provide me a link to any NFL player saying something like this about any member of the military?

If not, then you will understand why many of us feel your complaints about NFL players is deeply seated in racism

Excellent point. Totally agree. Someone who writes in his book that his "personal Viet Nam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases, does not have a high regard for the military in this country.
Trump's Vulgar Admission: Avoiding STDs was "my personal Vietnam" with "few uninfected" women

I think this video is one of the best ever regarding the kneeling, and it's done by a sports announcer Dale Hansen, out of Dallas, Texas

Frankly, Donald Trump is the last person on this planet that should be pointing out what he believes to be the lack of patriotism in others.

Trump-Baby-putin-image.jpg

For the classified information Trump has already given Putin, click this link on this board.

For the evidence of collusion click this link. Here you can read one article that was confirmed under sworn testitmony over a year ago by James Clapper, watch 2 FOX NEWS video's and another of Trump admitting to Obstruction of Justice on National T.V.

Then click this link to see how Vladimir Putin actually did change the outcome of the election.

3 different links to 3 different posts on this board.

Leftists circle jerking that somehow you're the true supporters of the military you constantly undercut and blame is classic. No one's falling for that gag, move on

Happy huntin' Dumbass.

Works both ways. How about you both stfu. lol!

Sorry for discussing the thread topic. Any content or just snotty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back