NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

How do you know what the players do in their off time?

I will let Dr. King help you to understand what it means "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

In other words, just because you are comfortable personally, the policies and current conditions that are challenges and injustices to others is still something you should GIVE A FUCK about -- if not actively, at least by simply acknowledging that those people have a right to protest those policies and/or conditions and take political action if need be

Doing so makes them no less of an American than you are -- every emancipation effort by every historically oppressed group of people have always been met with fierce opposition by those who were "comfortable"

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Very powerful words. Thank you.

Yes, powerful words. MLK would never have condoned disrespecting the anthem, the flag, or the country. You don't know much about MLK do you?

neither did the players ... RW idiots are clueless

bullshit, by kneeling at the anthem they are doing exactly that, and they are doing it or purpose because they hate the country that made it possible for them to make millions playing a GAME.

Kneeling proves nothing as you have no idea what they felt when they did it. People can love a country but not like one or more aspect(s) of it. And you would have to actually know what each kneeler thought to accurately make that statement.

So...where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that every/most NFL kneelers hate America?

The ritual calls for an action to show unity and loyalty to the nation and your fellow citizens.

A persona actively does the OPPOSITE action of what is called for.

The only reasonable conclusion is that they wanted to show the OPPOSITE of what the ritual was meant to show.

And if there was any doubt, (there wasn't) Kaerpernick verbally clarified his intent, to show disrespect to the nation and it's citizens.

tumblr_pdbn7z869k1x620p1o1_500.jpg

[
I think they should protest if they feel motivated to do so. But not during a football game
I agree.

and to disgrace the national anthem, the flag, the military, and everyone who died protecting their right to protest.

This part of your post is stupid. It does no such thing. Protesting injustice in a non-violent manner is in the best traditions of our nation. But you can't do it at work.

Your constitutional rights end at my nose -- so no, throwing objects at someone is not protected by free speech

I'm not saying to throw bricks or flashlight batteries at these goofs, just trash. Nothing that will hurt them, just something to allow the fans their freedom of expression.

Like when Hulk Hogan was revealed to be the 3rd Man in the New World Order, in the biggest betrayal in the history of Pro Wrestling, the fans filled the ring with trash, chucking paper cups and all that at Mr. Hogan, Mr. Nash and Cuban immigrant Razor Ramon.
How about squirting water at the goofs?

sorta like how Charlie Kirk and Candace had water squirted on them and you conservatives got all in your feelings like it was Bull Connor unleashing water cannons on civil rights marchers -- but you are now saying its ok to throw things? got it.
green-eggs-protest-900x600.jpg

Mr. Kirk was merely trying to have a meal, he wasn't involved in a protest at all.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

How do you know what the players do in their off time?
Check in with their parole officer?

Actually, many NFL players put action behind their protest during the off season -- now you may not have heard about it because they didn't do it in a way to draw attention --also, because the liberal media didn't want to report on it, because of how liberal the media is and all..

But here is one example of why your post is a bunch of BS:

"After the anthem, and off the field, Jenkins’ push for social justice and racial equality continued. Along with four other NFL players, he traveled to Washington, D.C., for a meeting with lawmakers to discuss criminal justice reform."

When Malcolm Jenkins went on a ride along with Philly police he said: "There was a lot I wanted to accomplish by doing it. First, I wanted to kind of learn for myself before I went on advocating and making a lot of noise. I wanted to learn for myself, kind of both ends of the spectrum. What is it that officers are going through? What are their challenges? Their perspective on the issue. Or even if they believed that there was an issue. And then also being able to hear the voices of members of the community that have to deal with police interactions all the time. The third thing I wanted to do is document the conversations that came out of it, between myself and law enforcement."

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins talks about his ride-along with Philly Police Department

So no, NFL players are not just protesting during the anthem and nothing else off the field, you wouldn't know or care because you don't see a problem to begin with --- but you same people are willing to declare the entire FBI and DOJ as being corrupt and I don't recall one single Trump official being shot unarmed.

Ok, one example, but Jenkins destroyed all the good he did by kneeling at the first preseason game. Yes, the DOJ and FBI are corrupt, much of the corruption happened under Obama, you tell me, did he condone it or try to stop it?

Yes, no Trump has been shot unarmed------------yet.
This is why there is no reason in talking to a Trump supporter

I just showed you an example of a NFL player doing something beyond anthem protests, and you still find a way to say "yea, but..."

Then in the very same comment, despite a Trump official never being shot while unarmed, never being beaten into a confession while in custody -- you still claim that its the DOJ that is corrupt and how black NFL players should be quiet

I think they should protest if they feel motivated to do so. But not during a football game and to disgrace the national anthem, the flag, the military, and everyone who died protecting their right to protest.

- The anthem and the flag. Where does it say in the Constitution that one must 'show respect' to either? And where does it state in the Constitution that to kneel during the national anthem disgraces the flag or the national anthem?

- The military and those who died serving in it. Those who serve in the military are sworn to protect the Constitution. How exactly does people kneeling during the national anthem go against the Constitution? And how EXACTLY does it disrespect the military? The military has NOTHING directly to do with the national anthem. It applies to every American equally...not to the military more than any other organization/group of people.
And I was in the military - so save the 'you would know if you had served' baloney. Well, I did. And the flag and the national anthem meant little more to me then than they do now...which is to say almost nothing. They were/are just a song and a piece of cloth to me.
I do NOT respect inanimate objects.
And everyone I have known who does respect inanimate objects is/was (IMO) either stupid and/or weak and/or mentally disturbed to some extent (funny; they are usually the same people who are religious...and I would describe religious people similarly - weak and/or ignorant and/or desperate).

Last edited:
Actually, many NFL players put action behind their protest during the off season -- now you may not have heard about it because they didn't do it in a way to draw attention --also, because the liberal media didn't want to report on it, because of how liberal the media is and all..

"After the anthem, and off the field, Jenkins’ push for social justice and racial equality continued. Along with four other NFL players, he traveled to Washington, D.C., for a meeting with lawmakers to discuss criminal justice reform."

When Malcolm Jenkins went on a ride along with Philly police he said: "There was a lot I wanted to accomplish by doing it. First, I wanted to kind of learn for myself before I went on advocating and making a lot of noise. I wanted to learn for myself, kind of both ends of the spectrum. What is it that officers are going through? What are their challenges? Their perspective on the issue. Or even if they believed that there was an issue. And then also being able to hear the voices of members of the community that have to deal with police interactions all the time. The third thing I wanted to do is document the conversations that came out of it, between myself and law enforcement."

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins talks about his ride-along with Philly Police Department

So no, NFL players are not just protesting during the anthem and nothing else off the field, you wouldn't know or care because you don't see a problem to begin with --- but you same people are willing to declare the entire FBI and DOJ as being corrupt and I don't recall one single Trump official being shot unarmed.

Ok, one example, but Jenkins destroyed all the good he did by kneeling at the first preseason game. Yes, the DOJ and FBI are corrupt, much of the corruption happened under Obama, you tell me, did he condone it or try to stop it?

I just showed you an example of a NFL player doing something beyond anthem protests, and you still find a way to say "yea, but..."

Then in the very same comment, despite a Trump official never being shot while unarmed, never being beaten into a confession while in custody -- you still claim that its the DOJ that is corrupt and how black NFL players should be quiet

I think they should protest if they feel motivated to do so. But not during a football game and to disgrace the national anthem, the flag, the military, and everyone who died protecting their right to protest.

And how EXACTLY is kneeling during a football game disgracing the national anthem, the flag, the military and those who died serving in it?

- The anthem and the flag. Where does it say in the Constitution that one must 'show respect' to either? And where does it state in the Constitution that to kneel during the national anthem disgraces the flag or the national anthem?

- the military and those who died serving in it. Those who serve in the military are sworn to protect the Constitution. How exactly does people kneeling during the national anthem go against the Constitution? And how EXACTLY does it disrespect the military? The military has NOTHING directly to do with the national anthem. It applies to every American equally...not to the military more than any other organization/group of people.
And I was in the military - so save the 'you would know if you had served'. Well, I did. And the flag and the national anthem meant little more to me then than they do now...almost nothing. They were/are just a song and a piece of cloth to me.
Since you were in the military, you know that if you don't stand for the National Anthem there are disciplinary actions.

And how EXACTLY is kneeling during a football game disgracing the national anthem, the flag, the military and those who died serving in it?

- the military and those who died serving in it. Those who serve in the military are sworn to protect the Constitution. How exactly does people kneeling during the national anthem go against the Constitution? And how EXACTLY does it disrespect the military? The military has NOTHING directly to do with the national anthem. It applies to every American equally...not to the military more than any other organization/group of people.
And I was in the military - so save the 'you would know if you had served'. Well, I did. And the flag and the national anthem meant little more to me then than they do now...almost nothing. They were/are just a song and a piece of cloth to me.
If you have to ask you do not get it. Its is called respect and I see you have none.

The stupidity.

Twitter is an NFL partner...so this dumbass is using an NFL partner to protest the NFL. Rightwingers are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Twitter announces a new deal for year-round NFL content that includes live video, but no games
Actually using an NFL partner to protest the NFL is pretty clever. Wonder how long Twitter will let this go on before they Alex Jones them.

More like Never.

Far and away the most popular/most profitable sport in the world and second only to EPL and LaLiga in worldwide fame...and you think Twitter is going to turn their back on them? That post was all day stupid.

Meanwhile back in reality...using an NFL partner only enriches both the partner and the NFL. It's almost as dumb as your post was....but I think you edged her out on idiocy.

Congratulations.

What is the range of the anthem?

Should people serving beer stop ? What about the cameramen and people in the bathroom ?

The stupidity.

Twitter is an NFL partner...so this dumbass is using an NFL partner to protest the NFL. Rightwingers are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Twitter announces a new deal for year-round NFL content that includes live video, but no games
Actually using an NFL partner to protest the NFL is pretty clever. Wonder how long Twitter will let this go on before they Alex Jones them.

More like Never.

Far and away the most popular/most profitable sport in the world and second only to EPL and LaLiga in worldwide fame...and you think Twitter is going to turn their back on them? That post was all day stupid.

Meanwhile back in reality...using an NFL partner only enriches both the partner and the NFL. It's almost as dumb as your post was....but I think you edged her out on idiocy.

Congratulations.
You are a dipshit I was thinking that Twitter would ban the girl that sent that tweet not that Twitter was going to ban the NFL

The stupidity.

More like Never.

Congratulations.
You are a dipshit I was thinking that Twitter would an the girl that sent that tweet not that Twitter was going to ban the NFL

"Twitter would an the girl that sent..."

Gee, wonder why I couldn't decode your meaning. Mix in a spell check fuck-stain.

Nonsense.

The highest form of patriotism is to engage in peaceful protest, to oppose injustice, and to express one’s opinions and concerns.

What’s disgraceful is the ridiculous notion that one should refrain from peaceful protest to appease those hostile to the issues being protested against.

And let’s make no mistake about it: the right’s hostility to NFL players engaging in peaceful protest has little to do with ‘disrespecting the anthem’ – it has to do with conservatives’ contempt for the black community bringing attention to the unwarranted killing of young black men by the police, something most on the right reject as being a legitimate, important issue to protest.

Oooh, a handful of them. You’re right it sure didn’t make the news.

What exactly is social justice? Can you explain that one?
I will let Dr. King help you to understand what it means "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

In other words, just because you are comfortable personally, the policies and current conditions that are challenges and injustices to others is still something you should GIVE A FUCK about -- if not actively, at least by simply acknowledging that those people have a right to protest those policies and/or conditions and take political action if need be

Doing so makes them no less of an American than you are -- every emancipation effort by every historically oppressed group of people have always been met with fierce opposition by those who were "comfortable"

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Very powerful words. Thank you.

Yes, powerful words. MLK would never have condoned disrespecting the anthem, the flag, or the country. You don't know much about MLK do you?

neither did the players ... RW idiots are clueless
Most on the right are frightened.

Conservatives fear change, fear dissent, and fear the expression of opposing views; and as authoritarians conservatives will seek to compel conformity by denouncing that which they fear by accusing those dissenting as being ‘un-patriotic,’ ‘un-American,’ and ‘disrespectful.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back