NFL Ratings Down - Potential To Lose 44% of Viewers If Protests Continue

No, you are trying to put words in my mouth. There are all kinds of people that agree there is a problem with relations between the Black community and the police. Many people also understand that part of the problem is not just that Blacks believe police are treating them unfairly, but that Blacks also don't respect the fact that cops many times are just trying to do their job and things get escalated when it doesn't need to be because Black people won't just comply.

You hit the nail on the head.

There is a solution to stop these police shootings: listen to the orders of a police officer. That's it.

Some blacks don't have the intelligence or education to figure that out yet, so they riot and burn down their own neighborhoods instead. They destroy police cars and sometimes set them afire. They think they're getting even with police, but too stupid to realize it's their fellow taxpayers that have to replace those vehicles, pay for the overtime of police, and suffer the losses of businesses that won't reopen.

As long as protesting doesn't break any laws I don't have a problem with it. No I don't agree with kneeling during the anthem but that doesn't mean what I believe in this situation is right. Or wrong. Protesting is an american right. Keep it within the law and I support and condone it even if I don't agree.

Colin Kaepernick Tops Jersey Sales In NFL

lin Kapernick is not even listed as the starting quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers as of September 6, but there is no player in the National Football League selling more jerseys than the backup QB. As of this morning, the top seller on NFLShop.com is a Kaepernick Nike Scarlet Game Jersey, besting Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham as the most popular jersey leading into the 2016 NFL regular season.

Kaepernick jerseys have experienced a steady climb in popularity since the QB decided that he would not stand for the National Anthem during 49ers preseason games. His explanation was that he would not stand up because he refused to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

This has certainly struck a chord with a wide demographic, causing some people to burn Kaepernick jerseys and many others to buy the jersey of a QB they have never before supported for a team they could care less about. The purchase of a Kaepernick jersey has become much more than a sign of support for a football player; people believe that buying a jersey is backing a cause.

Report: Jersey sales for 49ers' Colin Kaepernick skyrocket after protest

lin Kapernick is not even listed as the starting quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers as of September 6, but there is no player in the National Football League selling more jerseys than the backup QB. As of this morning, the top seller on NFLShop.com is a Kaepernick Nike Scarlet Game Jersey, besting Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham as the most popular jersey leading into the 2016 NFL regular season.

Kaepernick jerseys have experienced a steady climb in popularity since the QB decided that he would not stand for the National Anthem during 49ers preseason games. His explanation was that he would not stand up because he refused to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

This has certainly struck a chord with a wide demographic, causing some people to burn Kaepernick jerseys and many others to buy the jersey of a QB they have never before supported for a team they could care less about. The purchase of a Kaepernick jersey has become much more than a sign of support for a football player; people believe that buying a jersey is backing a cause.

People are buying them... so they can burn them. Or wipe their feet on them.

Mattress seller uses Kaepernick jersey as doormat

That's because people are buying them to burn.

You've been wrong about everything you've said.

A few morons burning his jersey while enriching him hardly makes his jersey the top seller in the NFL. It's the top seller because of the people who support him .. like me. I bought mine last week .. my wife bought hers yesterday.

Colin Kaepernick Says He'll Donate His Cut of Jersey Sales to Charity

There are a lot of people buying Colin Kaepernick jerseys right now. While there are still many people who are upset with the 49ers quarterback for refusing to stand during the national anthem prior to preseason games, there are also many who want to show their support for him by snatching up his jersey. So many that Kaepernick currently has the highest-selling jersey in the entire NFL.

Outside of fans buying his jersey, there have also been several prominent celebrities who have gotten in on the action and purchased Kaepernick’s No. 7 jersey.

You don't like Kaepernick .. so what?

His protest is peaceful .. and quite obviously, effective.

A few morons burning his jersey while enriching him hardly makes his jersey the top seller in the NFL. It's the top seller because of the people who support him .. like me. I bought mine last week .. my wife bought hers yesterday.

There are a lot of people buying Colin Kaepernick jerseys right now. While there are still many people who are upset with the 49ers quarterback for refusing to stand during the national anthem prior to preseason games, there are also many who want to show their support for him by snatching up his jersey. So many that Kaepernick currently has the highest-selling jersey in the entire NFL.

Outside of fans buying his jersey, there have also been several prominent celebrities who have gotten in on the action and purchased Kaepernick’s No. 7 jersey.

Wrong about everything? Yep, you just lost my respect. I tried to debate in a civil way with you, and you just HAD to try and get that last jab in.

Wrong about everything? Yep, you just lost my respect. I tried to debate in a civil way with you, and you just HAD to try and get that last jab in.

I don't need the 'respect' of someone who cries foul and runs rather than defending and countering the points of the argument. You not liking my comment hardly makes it uncivil.

As I've said from the beginning of this conversation, you don't appear to understand the nature of protest.

Regardless of how much you don't like him, his cause, or how he protests .. his cause and protests have grown. His protest has grown outside of the NFL and sports.

THAT is the entire point of his protest .. to expand awareness .. thus reaction. THAT is the nature of protest..

I've said nothing to you uncivil .. truth hurts more

I don't need the 'respect' of someone who cries foul and runs rather than defending and countering the points of the argument. You not liking my comment hardly makes it uncivil.

As I've said from the beginning of this conversation, you don't appear to understand the nature of protest.

Regardless of how much you don't like him, his cause, or how he protests .. his cause and protests have grown. His protest has grown outside of the NFL and sports.

THAT is the entire point of his protest .. to expand awareness .. thus reaction. THAT is the nature of protest..

No, you don't get the point, and you won't open your eyes or ears to anything other than what you already believe. I've said it a couple times already, protesting something is fine, but when you disrespect others to try and get your point across, you are failing. The picture of the Black medalists at the Olympics? They were standing. I've never "run" from this conversation, I've just said things you won't listen to. Period.

I'm going to give you a famous quote...

"The right to swing my fist ends where another man's nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

The fact that you think protesting in a way that disrespects others is ok, as long as it draws attention to a cause blows my mind. You never answered my question before, do you always believe the ends justifies the means?

So should the police be able to stop every black man driving his car or walking down the street to search them for drugs or guns... because they will eventually find some carrying them? Hey, it's all about the fact that the cops are going to get some guns and drugs off the streets right? The ends justifies the means.

No, you don't get the point, and you won't open your eyes or ears to anything other than what you already believe. I've said it a couple times already, protesting something is fine, but when you disrespect others to try and get your point across, you are failing. The picture of the Black medalists at the Olympics? They were standing. I've never "run" from this conversation, I've just said things you won't listen to. Period.

I'm going to give you a famous quote...

"The right to swing my fist ends where another man's nose begins." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

The fact that you think protesting in a way that disrespects others is ok, as long as it draws attention to a cause blows my mind. You never answered my question before, do you always believe the ends justifies the means?

So should the police be able to stop every black man driving his car or walking down the street to search them for drugs or guns... because they will eventually find some carrying them? Hey, it's all about the fact that the cops are going to get some guns and drugs off the streets right? The ends justifies the means.

If I've offended you with my comments brother, I apologize .. not intended. That being said, honest debate can not be engaged by people with thin skin. Again, no disrespect intended.

I do recognize the point you're trying to make .. I simply don't agree with it. More importantly, you and I are looking at Kaepernick and his protest for entirely different outcomes. You're looking for popularity and at nebulous measures like 'the most hated man in the NFL' and 'disrespect.' None of which have anything to do with the benchmarks of protest.

By every measure that is critical to protest, his protest has proven to be successful and effective. That many people who do not support his protest feel disrespected has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with outcomes. I defy you to suggest a more effective means of protest to an audience that has ignored blatant police murders for hundreds of years.

The anthem represents a nation that had to be forced .. through protest .. to grant relative freedom to its black citizens a mere 51 years ago. Most of the people on this board have alive longer than black American citizens people have been 'free' in this country .. though we've been here more than 400 years. Kaepernick's protest exposes that truth once again to the world. His protest also represents a nation that allows him the right to do that.

Effective protest couldn't care less about the sensitivities of people more offended by peaceful protest than the offense .. nor should it.

Yes! An NFL player that actually gets it. And he happens to be from my favorite college and plays for my favorite NFL team. Current Cincinnati Bengal, and former Notre Dame player Tyler Eifert:

“There are some issues going on right now, and I think the whole country is well-aware of it. It’s on the news every single day,” Eifert said via ESPN. “That time during the national anthem isn’t about you, it’s not about me. It’s about the greatness of this country, paying our respects to it and all the opportunities that it offers.”

Iloka and Eifert comment on Kaepernick’s movement

Forum List

Back