NFL ratings plummet to near 20-year low (TERRIBLE!)

Most Left Wingers are drooling dolts.
Player contracts have a moral clause in them.
If the Player's behavior is criminal, immoral or even just an embarrassment to the franchise they can be fined or fired.

The black players are making more demands. They are so stupid they don't recognize the losing hand they are holding.
What losing hand are they holding?
The more successful they are in complaining, the less successful they are in game play.

I wish them a lot of luck. Keep up the good work until the shareholders start demanding blood and a pound of flesh per player.
What makes think protesting impacts their game performance? Do you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time or something?
You do see what's happening.

The protesting will go on until the financial losses start to hurt.
And then the NFL will hire Kap and the money will start coming back in.

NFL teams won't touch Kap with a ten foot pole because it will cost them millions in revenue.

The NFL continuing to allow their players to protest during game time will lead to more lost revenue. If people don't like America and it anthem, then they can leave. Plenty of other countries out there.

What losing hand are they holding?
The more successful they are in complaining, the less successful they are in game play.

I wish them a lot of luck. Keep up the good work until the shareholders start demanding blood and a pound of flesh per player.
What makes think protesting impacts their game performance? Do you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time or something?

NFL teams won't touch Kap with a ten foot pole because it will cost them millions in revenue.

The NFL continuing to allow their players to protest during game time will lead to more lost revenue. If people don't like America and it anthem, then they can leave. Plenty of other countries out there.
That may be true but they will lose millions more in revenue from black viewers and other people of color.

Dont be a white snowflake. In the US you have the right to protest that which you disagree with. No where in the constitution does it say you have to move to another country because you dont like this one or the racist national anthem.

That may be true but they will lose millions more in revenue from black viewers and other people of color.

Dont be a white snowflake. In the US you have the right to protest that which you disagree with. No where in the constitution does it say you have to move to another country because you dont like this one or the racist national anthem.

So why are negroes just now protesting the anthem? They've had no problem with it for decades of professional sports.

I stated I have no problem with them protesting on their own time. During game time they are paid professionals.

I never said the constitution said anything of the sort, I merely stated an obvious fact, if you think this nation is racist, you can move. But I understand why you don't, Africa is too scary a place to move to.

So why are negroes just now protesting the anthem? They've had no problem with it for decades of professional sports.

I stated I have no problem with them protesting on their own time. During game time they are paid professionals.

I never said the constitution said anything of the sort, I merely stated an obvious fact, if you think this nation is racist, you can move. But I understand why you don't, Africa is too scary a place to move to.
I dont know what a negro is. Do you mean Blacks? You must dumb or lived under a rock if you think this is the first time a Black person protested against the national anthem.

Doesnt matter if you had a problem or not. That has nothing to do with anything. The point is that no one can tell them when they can make a political statement as long as they do their jobs.

I never said you mentioned the constitution. I brought it up to educate you.

I dont know what a negro is. Do you mean Blacks? You must dumb or lived under a rock if you think this is the first time a Black person protested against the national anthem.

Doesnt matter if you had a problem or not. That has nothing to do with anything. The point is that no one can tell them when they can make a political statement as long as they do their jobs.

You don't know what negro means, and you're calling someone else "dumb"?
Negro | Definition of Negro in English by Oxford Dictionaries

I agree the players can protest whenever they want. But their employers also have the right to fire them if they do it on their time and they don't like it.

I agree the players can protest whenever they want. But their employers also have the right to fire them if they do it on their time and they don't like it.
Show me in their contracts where it say they can be fired for not standing for the anthem? This isnt like your job at Mcdonalds. These are contracted professionals with attorneys.

Show me in their contracts where it say they can be fired for not standing for the anthem? This isnt like your job at Mcdonalds. These are contracted professionals with attorneys.

I don't know what is in their contracts pertaining to protesting. Doesn't change the fact that if they allow them to keep protesting, the NFL will be boycotted by the fans. The teams will lose money and players will lose a lot of money.

I don't know what is in their contracts pertaining to protesting. Doesn't change the fact that if they allow them to keep protesting, the NFL will be boycotted by the fans. The teams will lose money and players will lose a lot of money.
The NFL is already being boycotted by the Black community. We have a saying in the hood. "All money aint good money" You white boys better add it your lexicon.

Dont be a white snowflake. In the US you have the right to protest that which you disagree with.

If the company permits players to protest on company time, fine. But the company may suffer consequences due to customers exercising their rights.

The NFL is already being boycotted by the Black community. We have a saying in the hood. "All money aint good money" You white boys better add it your lexicon.

Since you insist upon making it about race, let's just realistically say the black community doesn't have quite the financial influence you think.

Dont be a white snowflake. In the US you have the right to protest that which you disagree with.

If the company permits players to protest on company time, fine. But the company may suffer consequences due to customers exercising their rights.
Such is life. Kap doesnt have a job because he stood up for his beliefs. Everything you do has consequences.

Since you insist upon making it about race, let's just realistically say the black community doesn't have quite the financial influence you think.
Thats not what the marketing companies think. I believe they would know more about this than some random white boy on the internet.

Such is life. Kap doesnt have a job because he stood up for his beliefs. Everything you do has consequences.

We can accept that as an axiom.

Thats not what the marketing companies think. I believe they would know more about this than some random white boy on the internet.

Oh? What do they think?

Where lies the bulk of disposable income in current society?

Oh? What do they think?

They think we have over 1 trillion in spending power.Why else do you think they make a lot more commercials catering to Blacks?

Increasingly Affluent, Educated and Diverse: African-American Consumers

"Black buying power is projected to reach $1.2 trillion this year and $1.4 trillion by 2020, according to a report from the University of Georgia’s Selig Center for Economic Growth. That’s 275 percent growth since 1990, when black buying power was $320 billion. Already black consumers represent the largest consumers of color group in the marketplace, the report shows. That trend will continue as the country becomes more diverse, driven in part by growth in immigration from the Caribbean and Africa."

Last edited:

Oh? What do they think?

They think we have over 1 trillion in spending power.Why else do you think they make a lot more commercials catering to Blacks?

Increasingly Affluent, Educated and Diverse: African-American Consumers

"Black buying power is projected to reach $1.2 trillion this year and $1.4 trillion by 2020, according to a report from the University of Georgia’s Selig Center for Economic Growth. That’s 275 percent growth since 1990, when black buying power was $320 billion. Already black consumers represent the largest consumers of color group in the marketplace, the report shows. That trend will continue as the country becomes more diverse, driven in part by growth in immigration from the Caribbean and Africa."

If true, do you believe that constitutes the greatest percentage of disposable income in the United States?

They are making more commercials catering to blacks for the same reason they make commercials in Spanish or showing white men as idiots when compared to their brilliant wives. Political correctness. It's all the rage.

Keep in mind I have no dog in this hunt. Race means nothing to me, only behavior.

Sports and politics don't mix.

Ever since backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick decided to turn the NFL into a liberal protest, Americans have been turning off the television and staying away from the stadiums.

It has become so bad, overall ratings for the NFL has sunk to their worst ratings in nearly 20 years.

NFL ratings plummet to near 20-year low (TERRIBLE!)
Well, what happened is that people tuned out initially, because of faux patriotism. Then they realized that they didn't miss it much, as it is a stupid sport.

I feel there's more reason for the drop than politics. Video games, brain disease CTE, deflategate, too many commercials, same-old teams receiving more attention than warranted, team disloyalty to their cities, etc.

No. College football ratings are up.

NFL fans are turned off by the politics. ESPN is not helping at all. Most businesses do not allow protests on company time and do not allow controversial statements from visible employees. It harms a business when reps or employees insult half the customer base.

The players have their protest. The fans who quit supporting the business as a result have their boycott. Working as intended. If the business is not pleased with the result, it is on the NFL to tweak their approach/position.

Yeah, good call about college football. Ever since the NCAA agreed with Obama's call for college football playoffs my interest in following the college game perked up.

Forum List

Back