Nike made a business decision not a political statement

Nike has 127 footwear factories in 15 countries.
Vietnam, China,and Indonesia manufacture 94% of Nike footwear.

Nike has 363 apparel factories in 37 countries.
China, Vietnam, and Thailand manufacture 52% of Nike apparel.

Kap is making millions off slave labor from countries with horrible human rights track records.

Social justice, huh?

The irony is beautiful isn't it?
Where's Ivankas and Trumps shit made?

Why don't you show the same disdain for Nike as you do them.....hack?
Well in short sassy nike didn't bullshit for months about bringing business back to america Made in america was their watchword ,trumps ,,,not nikes

Hahaha so that makes it ok? Youre such a fcking fraud
Fraud??? come on shithead How many companies do business outside our country ?? The point is if some one like drumpf complains but has his own goods made overseas what does that make him??

Well in short sassy nike didn't bullshit for months about bringing business back to america Made in america was their watchword ,trumps ,,,not nikes

Fraud??? come on shithead How many companies do business outside our country ?? The point is if some one like drumpf complains but has his own goods made overseas what does that make him??
President.

If any of you repubs are angered by Nike just ignore them like you do police brutality

Who's ignoring it? When it happens, that's when we address it. But what we don't do is address false claims of police brutality.

If an officer has to defend himself with deadly force, or use force to subdue a suspect, that is not police brutality. Sorry.
How many unarmed shot in the back or while on the ground do you need to see before changing your mind set ?? 10? 50? 100?

How about you showing me just one or two? And I don't mean bad cops, I mean cops that actually broke the law and were never prosecuted or charged?

It's not that there isn't bad cops, it's just that anytime you see an officer needing to get physical or defending himself does not constitute breaking the law. And if the law was broken, they pay for it.
Ray google it there's plenty to see

Oh, so that's the game we are going to play? You make the claim and I'm supposed to find your evidence?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way in forums. You make the claim, you provide the proof if called on it. Pick the case, I'll study it and give you an honest opinion.

But your statement here is exactly what I'm talking about. If you ask any of these kneelers the same thing I'm asking you, I would get the exact same response: they don't have an idea.

So what are they so pissed off about? Because they had improper upbringing. They were trained that there is no authority above them; they don't have to listen to anybody. They are supposed to be allowed to do whatever they want. F the pigs.

Well sorry, but that's not the way it works in a civilized country.
How many you want Ray
Sacramento police fire 20 shots at unarmed Stephon Alonzo Clark
Protesters block freeway after videos show Sacramento police firing 20 shots at unarmed black man
Mar 22, 2018 - Sacramento police released a body cam video of the fatal shooting of an ... this week of an unarmed black man by police, disrupting rush hour traffic and ... Clark was shot Sunday as police said they were responding to a call ...
Sacramento police release video of fatal shooting of Stephon Clark
https://www.nbcnews.com/.../sacramento-police-release-video-fatal-shooting-unarmed...
Mar 22, 2018 - Stephon Clark, 23, was killed Sunday night as police and Sacramento County sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call reporting that a man ...

You're complaining...albeit selective complaining....fraud

Selective?? who here isn't guilty

Who's ignoring it? When it happens, that's when we address it. But what we don't do is address false claims of police brutality.

If an officer has to defend himself with deadly force, or use force to subdue a suspect, that is not police brutality. Sorry.
How many unarmed shot in the back or while on the ground do you need to see before changing your mind set ?? 10? 50? 100?

How about you showing me just one or two? And I don't mean bad cops, I mean cops that actually broke the law and were never prosecuted or charged?

It's not that there isn't bad cops, it's just that anytime you see an officer needing to get physical or defending himself does not constitute breaking the law. And if the law was broken, they pay for it.

Oh, so that's the game we are going to play? You make the claim and I'm supposed to find your evidence?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way in forums. You make the claim, you provide the proof if called on it. Pick the case, I'll study it and give you an honest opinion.

But your statement here is exactly what I'm talking about. If you ask any of these kneelers the same thing I'm asking you, I would get the exact same response: they don't have an idea.

So what are they so pissed off about? Because they had improper upbringing. They were trained that there is no authority above them; they don't have to listen to anybody. They are supposed to be allowed to do whatever they want. F the pigs.

How many you want Ray
Protesters block freeway after videos show Sacramento police firing 20 shots at unarmed black man
Mar 22, 2018 - Sacramento police released a body cam video of the fatal shooting of an ... this week of an unarmed black man by police, disrupting rush hour traffic and ... Clark was shot Sunday as police said they were responding to a call ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/.../sacramento-police-release-video-fatal-shooting-unarmed...
Mar 22, 2018 - Stephon Clark, 23, was killed Sunday night as police and Sacramento County sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call reporting that a man ...

Several thing here: For one, I could not find any followup on the case which means it's probably still under investigation. Two, the guy was running from the police. All police shootings have this one thing in common: the suspect refused to obey the orders of the police which brings us to three: had he stopped when police told him to, he would be alive today.

So now you want to say that the police were in the wrong because a criminal who was running away from the officer had something his his hand which they took for a gun; a likely possibility.

Want to try again?

Maybe Colin Kaepernick might be a great Shoe salesman, because he certainly can’t play football worth a shit

Nike has 127 footwear factories in 15 countries.
Vietnam, China,and Indonesia manufacture 94% of Nike footwear.

Nike has 363 apparel factories in 37 countries.
China, Vietnam, and Thailand manufacture 52% of Nike apparel.

Kap is making millions off slave labor from countries with horrible human rights track records.

Social justice, huh?

The point is that this whole thing isn’t about social justice and Kap being a hero for those who suffer from human rights abuse

It’s about politics, and your post about Trump proves it.

You are a fraud, just like Kap.

Time will tell. But I know several people in my circle that already turned off the NFL for good. It's a very personal thing for us. And for sports lovers, turning off sports is a lot harder than looking for a new brand of footwear. That's easy, especially with the internet these days.

Man, you got to let the Gator have that one. He claims Nike's choice to use Colin Keapernick and the reaction it received is "much ado about nothing". In that sense, he's probably right, it doesn't really mean anything. It probably won't do squat for improving the inequity the players were protesting, and won't do much of anything as far improving relationships in the sports community and among their fans.

Nike may figure out how to make a buck out of virtue signaling though, lots of free advertising, and it worked for President Trump.

How many you want Ray

Several thing here: For one, I could not find any followup on the case which means it's probably still under investigation. Two, the guy was running from the police. All police shootings have this one thing in common: the suspect refused to obey the orders of the police which brings us to three: had he stopped when police told him to, he would be alive today.

So now you want to say that the police were in the wrong because a criminal who was running away from the officer had something his his hand which they took for a gun; a likely possibility.

Want to try again?
They took for a gun ?? Please ray if you believe that BS you believe pigs fly

Obama's Bus Made in America? Not Entirely

You're flailing and it's noticed.

How many you want Ray

Want to try again?
They took for a gun ?? Please ray if you believe that BS you believe pigs fly

So in the pitch dark, they could decipher a cell phone from a gun from 20 feet away? Can you do that, especially if your life may be on the line?

No charges unless you can provide a site to them. No conclusive results from the investigation either.

Now if your hero football goofs want to do something about this, why don't they get up off their knees and attend black schools in the area to explain to kids they need to obey every order by a police officer if in that situation? What would stop more black shootings by police officers, doing that, or kneeling and looking like an idiot?

HA he can only trust his children now and may I add you ,,,He should resign and you should leave this board for a month or 2

Time will tell. But I know several people in my circle that already turned off the NFL for good. It's a very personal thing for us. And for sports lovers, turning off sports is a lot harder than looking for a new brand of footwear. That's easy, especially with the internet these days.

Man, you got to let the Gator have that one. He claims Nike's choice to use Colin Keapernick and the reaction it received is "much ado about nothing". In that sense, he's probably right, it doesn't really mean anything. It probably won't do squat for improving the inequity the players were protesting, and won't do much of anything as far improving relationships in the sports community and among their fans.

Nike may figure out how to make a buck out of virtue signaling though, lots of free advertising, and it worked for President Trump.

Well there is negative coverage and positive coverage. My prediction? Unless they back out of the deal, Nike will suffer sales losses. Let's give it until November and see the results. I wish Vegas had bets on this. My money would be planted right there.

I will be spending my money on other sporting apparel companies. Nike might not notice that I am no longer buying their products for myself and my kids, but I am not going to patronize a company that shits on our police and supports a guy who claims he was blackballed, yet turned down $7 million to play for the Broncos.

Fuck Cap.
Nike understands there will be many like you but many more will act the opposite of you. That demographic is younger and richer and will be around a lot longer than you.

“Nike understands there will be many like you but many more will act the opposite of you. That demographic is younger and richer and will be around a lot longer than you.”

Translation:
“Nike understands there will be many good, patriotic folks like you but many more will act like unAmerican pieces of shits. That demographic is younger, less American, richer and will be around a lot longer than you. America isn’t American anymore.”

Elmer is making the assumption that all younger people are anti-police or anti-American. To some degree, you will probably find more younger people that feel that way than older people, but I'm sure there is an equal amount of younger people that feel the same way we do.
The majority of young people are not anti-police or anti-American. They interpret the NFL taking a knee as a statement on racial injustice trying to make America better and it is not anti-police.
The "we" you refer to is a diminishing population who do not understand the world we currently live in.
You make incorrect assumptions because you think like it is still 1960.
The world is passing you by and you are trying to hold it back because you cannot keep up.
The new world can be a better place than the world you want but it will not be without many problems. One of the problems are people like you.
And now applaud racial injustice Nike. My how coincidental to their hypocrisy

HA he can only trust his children now and may I add you ,,,He should resign and you should leave this board for a month or 2
Were you playing with outlets?

Were you playing with outlets?
name of my store for 40 years the outlet

Forum List

Back