Nike made a business decision not a political statement

Nike has 127 footwear factories in 15 countries.
Vietnam, China,and Indonesia manufacture 94% of Nike footwear.

Nike has 363 apparel factories in 37 countries.
China, Vietnam, and Thailand manufacture 52% of Nike apparel.

Kap is making millions off slave labor from countries with horrible human rights track records.

Social justice, huh?

If any of you repubs are angered by Nike just ignore them like you do police brutality

How did it finish the day darling?

Reading issues?

A 3% drop, most of which took place in the first hour.

So, when their stock is back above where it was yesterday by the end of the week, does that mean you will then think this was a good move since you are basing this on stock price?

It will take a few weeks before we know. However investors will be watching much closer now. When they see sales drop off (which they likely will) that's when they start dumping their shares. After all, investors don't care about politics, they care about the performance of the company.

The annual shareholder meeting for Nike is in 2 weeks. Since the last meeting Nike stock has gone up more than 50%. I think the shareholders are doing ok.

Nike stock has been on the increase since 2010. They were doing very well which is probably why they are trying this dangerous stunt now.

But investors make money when the stock goes up, not when it's stagnant or going down. When that happens, people get rid of the stock for something more active.

I can't think of any investor that could actually think this stupidity will help their portfolio. It will either have no effect or a negative effect.

It's like any stock, perform or it'll be ditched. Most large firms were buying Nike yesterday but they buy in blocks of shares, they get a $1.00 price increase and make millions. They were simply doing business and don't care about Nike's or Kaeperdick's "cause". It's all about the money. If Nike under performs they will ditch it and find a mover

Sounds pretty much like day traders. What they really have to worry about are fund managers that buy large amount of shares for their clients; hundreds of thousands of shares. When they sell out, it's a huge hit to a company.

How did it finish the day darling?

Reading issues?

So, when their stock is back above where it was yesterday by the end of the week, does that mean you will then think this was a good move since you are basing this on stock price?

It will take a few weeks before we know. However investors will be watching much closer now. When they see sales drop off (which they likely will) that's when they start dumping their shares. After all, investors don't care about politics, they care about the performance of the company.

The annual shareholder meeting for Nike is in 2 weeks. Since the last meeting Nike stock has gone up more than 50%. I think the shareholders are doing ok.

Nike stock has been on the increase since 2010. They were doing very well which is probably why they are trying this dangerous stunt now.

But investors make money when the stock goes up, not when it's stagnant or going down. When that happens, people get rid of the stock for something more active.

I can't think of any investor that could actually think this stupidity will help their portfolio. It will either have no effect or a negative effect.

The fact it had such a tiny impact on their stock shows me it was not all that dangerous. I think you are assuming there are a lot more people that think like you than there really are.

The results are not going to show overnight or even over the next couple of weeks. What you see the stock do today, tomorrow or even next week doesn't mean a thing.

Outside of my IRA, I don't deal much with stocks. But I do have a couple of years of experience in the commodities market. If it's one thing I learned there, it's not to worry about what the commodity is doing--worry more about what other investors are doing. When you can spot that, that's the time to buy or GTF out of the investment.

Reading issues?

It's like any stock, perform or it'll be ditched. Most large firms were buying Nike yesterday but they buy in blocks of shares, they get a $1.00 price increase and make millions. They were simply doing business and don't care about Nike's or Kaeperdick's "cause". It's all about the money. If Nike under performs they will ditch it and find a mover

Sounds pretty much like day traders. What they really have to worry about are fund managers that buy large amount of shares for their clients; hundreds of thousands of shares. When they sell out, it's a huge hit to a company.
Smart investors wait till good companies stock goes down ,,,,it's called a buying opportunity

Reading issues?

Everything is about the money, that is the fuel of our capitalistic society.

For two years I played a stock that as a company never turned a profit and ended up in bankruptcy. Patriot Coal (PCX) it was a perfect swing trader's holding, it's price moved all over the place and it was a darling of the big brokerage firms and banks. Once I figured out their buying and selling trends I made a freaking fortune off that stock

It didn't matter to me or the big boys that company wasn't turning a profit and never would turn one, we simply played the game

If any of you repubs are angered by Nike just ignore them like you do police brutality

Who's ignoring it? When it happens, that's when we address it. But what we don't do is address false claims of police brutality.

If an officer has to defend himself with deadly force, or use force to subdue a suspect, that is not police brutality. Sorry.

Smart investors wait till good companies stock goes down ,,,,it's called a buying opportunity

Correct, but the question they have to ask themselves is if it will go back up? Controversial issues like this don't favor that. It all depends on the sales, not if a few clowns are burning their own shoes or not.

Who's ignoring it? When it happens, that's when we address it. But what we don't do is address false claims of police brutality.

If an officer has to defend himself with deadly force, or use force to subdue a suspect, that is not police brutality. Sorry.
How many unarmed shot in the back or while on the ground do you need to see before changing your mind set ?? 10? 50? 100?

Kap is making millions off slave labor from countries with horrible human rights track records.

Social justice, huh?

The irony is beautiful isn't it?

How many unarmed shot in the back or while on the ground do you need to see before changing your mind set ?? 10? 50? 100?

Hundreds are shot in the back gang style in Chicago. Quit actng like you care.

How about you showing me just one or two? And I don't mean bad cops, I mean cops that actually broke the law and were never prosecuted or charged?

It's not that there isn't bad cops, it's just that anytime you see an officer needing to get physical or defending himself does not constitute breaking the law. And if the law was broken, they pay for it.

Social justice, huh?

Where's Ivankas and Trumps shit made?

How about you showing me just one or two? And I don't mean bad cops, I mean cops that actually broke the law and were never prosecuted or charged?

It's not that there isn't bad cops, it's just that anytime you see an officer needing to get physical or defending himself does not constitute breaking the law. And if the law was broken, they pay for it.
Ray google it there's plenty to see

Social justice, huh?

How should I know? We do know that kapernick hates america though .

Social justice, huh?

Why don't you show the same disdain for Nike as you do them.....hack?

Social justice, huh?

Well in short sassy nike didn't bullshit for months about bringing business back to america Made in america was their watchword ,trumps ,,,not nikes

Social justice, huh?

Well in short sassy nike didn't bullshit for months about bringing business back to america Made in america was their watchword ,trumps ,,,not nikes

Hahaha so that makes it ok? Youre such a fcking fraud

Ray google it there's plenty to see

Oh, so that's the game we are going to play? You make the claim and I'm supposed to find your evidence?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way in forums. You make the claim, you provide the proof if called on it. Pick the case, I'll study it and give you an honest opinion.

But your statement here is exactly what I'm talking about. If you ask any of these kneelers the same thing I'm asking you, I would get the exact same response: they don't have an idea.

So what are they so pissed off about? Because they had improper upbringing. They were trained that there is no authority above them; they don't have to listen to anybody. They are supposed to be allowed to do whatever they want. F the pigs.

Well sorry, but that's not the way it works in a civilized country.

Forum List

Back