Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

As Trump brilliantly tweeted: "what was Nike thinking?!"

It was thinking that its ad would appeal to its target demo and result in more people wanting to buy their product.

Ace Metrix polled consumers on how Kaepernick’s signing would impact their plans to spend money with Nike. Thirteen percent of those surveyed said they were less likely to purchase from Nike after viewing Kaepernick’s first ad. That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Conversely, a staggering 56 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to purchase from Nike after seeing the commercial.

Kaepernick's Nike commercial 'is a big hit with consumers'

And it appears Nike was right.
Oh, so Nike thinks that by pissing off half the country it can increase its sales and stock prices? It appears that Nike is yet another company that is run by out of touch delusional Leftards.

Among those watching the ad those less likely to buy are outnumbered almost 5 to 1 by those who are more likely to buy.

You're just outnumbered.
Is that why its shares are falling? I predict some Nike execs are going to be fired before this is over.

Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

Nike investors aren't happy about the Colin Kaepernick ad

Nike Loses $3.75 Billion in Market Cap After Colin Kaepernick Named Face of 'Just Do It'

More ominous, in my opinion, is the fact that their favorability rating in the eyes of the public is dropping. Now, obviously, whether or not that matters depends on whether or not this blows over quickly.

Nike Sustains Swift Reputation Hit Following Kaepernick Ad

1. Nike’s Favorability Drops by Double Digits: Before the announcement, Nike had a net +69 favorable impression among consumers, it has now declined 34 points to +35 favorable.
  2. No Boost Among Key Demos: Among younger generations, Nike users, African Americans, and other key demographics, Nike’s favorability declined rather than improved.
  3. Purchasing Consideration Also Down: Before the announcement, 49 percent of Americans said they were absolutely certain or very likely to buy Nike products. That figure is down to 39 percent now.
  4. The Effect on the NFL Seems Small, For Now: Forty percent of consumers said Nike’s campaign does not make them more or less likely to watch/attend NFL games — 21 percent said more likely and 26 percent said less likely (14 percent didn’t know).

This will be just a blip like the stock price drop was.

Creating jobs in China and Vietnam, instead of America
Using a high profile athlete for an ad campaign,
that refuses to stand for the National Anthem,...

What's the difference?

I stopped buying Nike looong ago

What's the difference?

With Nike's stock up over 50% this year.....there are plenty of folks who kept on buying.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

Seems that your hopes are overblown as sales of Nike online jumped 31%.

I just returned my new Nike's to the store. I told the clerk they hurt my feet when I stand for the National Anthem.

I just returned my new Nike's to the store. I told the clerk they hurt my feet when I stand for the National Anthem.

Apparently there are far more people buying than returning.

A new report from Edison Trends says Nike’s online sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday of Labor Day weekend this year. That’s notably better than last year’s 17% seasonal increase.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales but the data does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement.

Kaepernick Campaign Gives Nike a Big Sales Boost

Though that doesn't track brick and mortar. So that may be different.

Straight patriotic white males no longer matter to much of the retail world.
Nike knows they'll gain more than they'll lose, and if they contribute to the country's divide, they don't give a shit.

Straight patriotic white males no longer matter to much of the retail world.
Nike knows they'll gain more than they'll lose, and if they contribute to the country's divide, they don't give a shit.

The old, angry ones perhaps.

And Nike shares are back up to their pre-ad levels in less than a week. With a 31% bump in online sales, over $160 million in free publicity and those more likely to buy Nike outnumber those less like by a ratio of nearly 5 to 1.

So much for the 'boycott'. What did Shakespeare say again about 'sound and fury'?

What's the difference?

Nike hasn't needed you for a loooonnngg time.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

So much for Nike 'will pay the price' ...their stock prices (Class A and B) are now ALL the way back to their post CK announcement drop. ALL THE WAY BACK.

Nike Inc. Cl B

And Nike Sales have jumped (apparently) 31% since they started the ad campaign in question.

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show

I LOVE IT.

You hate-filled, Trumpbots - desperately trying to take away Americans freedom of speech/expression - have FAILED TOTALLY in this case.

Freedom loving Americans have spoken.

:yes_text12:

Have a nice day.

First off the racists and bigots cant afford Nike.....the company knew that the ad will help more than harm. You cant explain business to odiots who voted in a bankrupt conman.

The left's new hero is now getting their asses sued for the "boys club" toxic work environment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...suit-targets-phil-knight-nike-board-over.html

A second sweeping lawsuit has been filed against Nike Inc. in the wake of reports about a "boys' club" culture at the sportswear company.

This time, the lawsuit was filed on behalf of the company's shareholders, not former employees. It targets Nike's board of directors and co-founder Phil Knight, who stepped down from the board in 2016 but remains an emeritus director.

The lawsuit also names departed Nike Brand President Trevor Edwards as a defendant along with CEO Mark Parker.

Four law firms, including New York-based Pomerantz LLP, filed the lawsuit Friday in Multnomah County on behalf of three Nike investors.

The plaintiffs claim Nike's directors breached their fiduciary duty by "knowingly" ignoring a "hostile work environment that has now harmed, and threatens to further tarnish and impair (Nike's) financial position, as well as its reputation and goodwill."

The left's new hero is now getting their asses sued for the "boys club" toxic work environment.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...suit-targets-phil-knight-nike-board-over.html

A second sweeping lawsuit has been filed against Nike Inc. in the wake of reports about a "boys' club" culture at the sportswear company.

This time, the lawsuit was filed on behalf of the company's shareholders, not former employees. It targets Nike's board of directors and co-founder Phil Knight, who stepped down from the board in 2016 but remains an emeritus director.

The lawsuit also names departed Nike Brand President Trevor Edwards as a defendant along with CEO Mark Parker.

Four law firms, including New York-based Pomerantz LLP, filed the lawsuit Friday in Multnomah County on behalf of three Nike investors.

The plaintiffs claim Nike's directors breached their fiduciary duty by "knowingly" ignoring a "hostile work environment that has now harmed, and threatens to further tarnish and impair (Nike's) financial position, as well as its reputation and goodwill."

TOTALLY irrelevant. What a desperate spin job.

This is about people like you trying to remove people's rights to freedom of speech/expression...not Nike. I don't give a shit about Nike. As soon as this ad campaign is over, they can go out of business, for all I care.

What matters is a company took CK as their campaign focus (it doesn't matter which one)...and that company is profiting from doing that.

That proves that FAR more Americans believe in Freedom of speech/expression over your Trumpbots', North Korean-like, 'MUST ALWAYS DO WHAT WE SAY DURING NATIONAL ANTHEM OR YOU ARE NOT PATRIOTIC' bullshit.
You preach 'forced conformity'...while the rest preach 'freedom'.

On top of which - most of you are old...most of them are young.

They are the future...you are not.

Have a nice day.

This is about people like you trying to remove people's rights to freedom of speech/expression...not Nike. I don't give a shit about Nike. As soon as this ad campaign is over, they can go out of business, for all I care.

What matters is a company took CK as their campaign focus (it doesn't matter which one)...and that company is profiting from doing that.

That proves that FAR more Americans believe in Freedom of speech/expression over your Trumpbots', North Korean-like, 'MUST ALWAYS DO WHAT WE SAY DURING NATIONAL ANTHEM OR YOU ARE NOT PATRIOTIC' bullshit.

Have a nice day.

I see you're another dupe thinking this is about freedom of speech. This has nothing to do with speech as a "right".
Kaepernick's protest, along with his fellow kneelers are on a private employers time and dime, and there is no First Amendment rights.
Americans offended by the way the kneelers are going about their protest, have every right to voice their opposition.
Both the left and the right have made attempts to punish their opposition by proposing boycotts, when they see someone making political statements they do not agree with.
Recently, for instance, the left went after Roseanne Barr, and sure enough she is no longer employed.

In the case of Kaepernick, he will be forever remembered as bringing light to an important cause.
He'll also be forever remembered for offending millions of Americans and injecting politics into sports on a massive scale, ruining what was an escape for millions of us from the constant negative news from around the world.
The politics and social justice wars were intended to be aired by cable news, newspapers, talk radio, Congress, and the like.
Sports should have been a time where we could put aside our differences and forget about the ills of the world for a few precious moments of escape.
Thanks to Colin Kaepernick that joyous escape has been ruined, and now made even worse by Nike.

Have a nice day.

I see you're another dupe thinking this is about freedom of speech. This has nothing to do with speech as a "right".
Kaepernick's protest, along with his fellow kneelers are on a private employers time and dime, and there is no First Amendment rights.

There is freedom from government infringment. And with the Federal Government trying to compel private employers to fire employees for expressing their first amendment rights.....the 1st amendment becomes an issue.

What's the difference?

ROFLMFAO

So, a thought crossed your mind...
What a loooonnngg and lonely journey that must've been!

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup
and shit out a better comeback!

What's the difference?

ROFLMFAO

So, a thought crossed your mind...
What a loooonnngg and lonely journey that must've been!

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup
and shit out a better comeback!

Hey, here’s another, how are book sales for the Woodard book?

Try to think hard and lonnnnnnggggg.

Forum List

Back