Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

You are imagining that it’s against the military and other nonsense.

Being a veteran and working with the military for nearly 20 years, I can easily say yes it is insulting to the military.
Not as insulting to them as the cheering of dead black people is to black people.

Who is cheering the deaths of black people? This is what we mean by imagined slights.

If dead black people upset blacks so much, maybe they will address their own black on black murder rates. Those numbers far outweigh the few cop shooting perps.

LOL...you are right. The next time a 'black' encounters a racist cop, hell bent on eradicating him from the planet? He should not run. He should say:

'Excuse me sir? I wish to address your intentions with that gun you are aiming at my temple while you have your foot on my neck?'

Neither you nor I have ANY factual data as to how many 'blacks' have been murdered by police. And save the 'official' stats. You should know perfectly well that every crime committed by cops is not prosecuted.

So to claim/indicate otherwise is silly, IMO.

This is besides the point anyway, you Trumpbots would hate what CK did even if it could be proven that he was right. You are just obsessed about forcing people to respect the inanimate object that is the national anthem as much as you do.

Personally, when I was in the reserves...I could have cared less if someone else loved the flag/national anthem or hated it. Because I did - and still do - believe that freedom of expression is an all important right that must not be removed in any way (which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do, I suspect).

Now you will answer me with some hate-filled, close-minded Trumpbot blather probably...no offense.

I cannot be bothered to debate closed minded people.

So we are done here.

Good day.
You are competing for the dumbest poster of the month. You Leftards and your delusions.

Dude, do not feel threatened, nobody can take that title from you!

Nice try, Sparky, but I've never given a tin shit about your warped perspective on the world before, so what makes you think I'm going to accept it as gospel now?

I wish you lots of luck somehow turning Colin Whatshisnose into a hero without reminding people to be pissed off at the little shit every time they see him.

If what you 'gave tin shits about' had a thing to do with Nike's sales or stock performance, your post might have some relevance to this thread.

Back in reality, most analysts have concluded that Nike will win the one, as the demos they are targetting are younger. Not angry old white people.

Exactly.

Celebrities show their support of Colin Kaepernick's Nike ad
Nike's Colin Kaepernick Deal Adds Up When You See Customer Data ... And We Did

Young people generally support him...and they are the demographic Nike is shooting for...not old conservatives.

If Chevy Trucks had done this...I would say, 'they will regret it BIG time'.
But Nike? I am not sure...but my guess is it will not hurt them REMOTELY as much as Trumpbots hope it does. It could even help them BIG time.
Those kids parents buy their expensive Nike shoes. I imagine a lot of kids wont be wearing them from now on. They will become fans of different brands as a result. Reebok is loving this Kap nonsense.

How many kids parents are going to give in when little Jimmy comes home all upset because he is the only one without the new LeBrons?

Well, you've definitely shown us the difference between your parenting style and effective parenting.

Yep, not effective at all. I did not just have a daughter graduate from nursing school, take her state boards less than two weeks after graduating, passed them and now after two job interviews has two job offers to choose from. Oh wait, yes I did.

You are probably too stupid to know this ,but the point of parenting is to prepare your children to be adults. And the wife and I did that in spades!

If what you 'gave tin shits about' had a thing to do with Nike's sales or stock performance, your post might have some relevance to this thread.

Back in reality, most analysts have concluded that Nike will win the one, as the demos they are targetting are younger. Not angry old white people.

Exactly.

Young people generally support him...and they are the demographic Nike is shooting for...not old conservatives.

But Nike? I am not sure...but my guess is it will not hurt them REMOTELY as much as Trumpbots hope it does. It could even help them BIG time.
Those kids parents buy their expensive Nike shoes. I imagine a lot of kids wont be wearing them from now on. They will become fans of different brands as a result. Reebok is loving this Kap nonsense.

How many kids parents are going to give in when little Jimmy comes home all upset because he is the only one without the new LeBrons?

Well, you've definitely shown us the difference between your parenting style and effective parenting.

Yep, not effective at all. I did not just have a daughter graduate from nursing school, take her state boards less than two weeks after graduating, passed them and now after two job interviews has two job offers to choose from. Oh wait, yes I did.

You are probably too stupid to know this ,but the point of parenting is to prepare your children to be adults. And the wife and I did that in spades!

Yeah, I don't see how arbitrarily forbidding your kid from certain brand sneakers has anything to do with effective parenting.

Exactly.

Yeah, I don't see how arbitrarily forbidding your kid from certain brand sneakers has anything to do with effective parenting.

These people do not know the first thing about effective parenting, no doubt they are raising their children to be mindless drones that do what the party tells them to do, just like their parents.

Exactly.

Congrats.

Don't tell Trump that. The purpose of having kids for him is to have people to surround yourself with when the whole world realizes you are 'suspect'.

And....to have an option if things don't work out with your wife.

I still cannot watch this video...it is just too creepy.

Exactly.

Congrats.

Don't tell Trump that. The purpose of having kids for him is to have people to surround yourself with when the whole world realizes you are 'suspect'.

Trump did not raise any of his kids, they all were sent off to boarding schools.

Congrats.

Trump did not raise any of his kids, they all were sent off to boarding schools.

True (I guess - I don't know)...but I said 'having', not 'raising'... ;)

And don't knock boarding school too much. When your parents are awful, it is better to be at boarding school (usually). Though I agree it is hardly 'raising' someone when you whip them off to somebody else.

Being a veteran and working with the military for nearly 20 years, I can easily say yes it is insulting to the military.
Not as insulting to them as the cheering of dead black people is to black people.

Who is cheering the deaths of black people? This is what we mean by imagined slights.

If dead black people upset blacks so much, maybe they will address their own black on black murder rates. Those numbers far outweigh the few cop shooting perps.

LOL...you are right. The next time a 'black' encounters a racist cop, hell bent on eradicating him from the planet? He should not run. He should say:

'Excuse me sir? I wish to address your intentions with that gun you are aiming at my temple while you have your foot on my neck?'

Neither you nor I have ANY factual data as to how many 'blacks' have been murdered by police. And save the 'official' stats. You should know perfectly well that every crime committed by cops is not prosecuted.

This is besides the point anyway, you Trumpbots would hate what CK did even if it could be proven that he was right. You are just obsessed about forcing people to respect the inanimate object that is the national anthem as much as you do.

Personally, when I was in the reserves...I could have cared less if someone else loved the flag/national anthem or hated it. Because I did - and still do - believe that freedom of expression is an all important right that must not be removed in any way (which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do, I suspect).

Now you will answer me with some hate-filled, close-minded Trumpbot blather probably...no offense.

So we are done here.

Good day.
You are competing for the dumbest poster of the month. You Leftards and your delusions.

Dude, do not feel threatened, nobody can take that title from you!
Pathetic Leftard has nothing to offer again.

Exactly.

Congrats.

A die hard idiot believes that one.

1zunnuqiy7k11.jpg
OMG. You can’t get any dumber.

Never bet on that. They can ALWAYS get dumber.
mrmcj2pbpnk11.jpg

8viz2jef4nk11.jpg
If you want to address a supposed problem, the multimillionaires should actually do something, shitforbrains.

But they know it’s bullshit so don’t spend a dime.
USA is not supposed to be a plutocracy. We must depend on our political leaders to address this. But it doesnt help when our current leader exacerbates the problem. First step would have to be to walk back the endorsement of brutality.

So I am only imagining these assholes are kneeling during the anthem?

LOL gawd you’re an idiot.
You are imagining that it’s against the military and other nonsense.

So we are done here.

Good day.

In other words you have no counter to the fact that far more blacks die to black on black violence than by “racist white cops”. It’s a clear cut case of selective outrage in order to push the anti-white agenda of the left.

Ace Metrix polled consumers on how Kaepernick’s signing would impact their plans to spend money with Nike. Thirteen percent of those surveyed said they were less likely to purchase from Nike after viewing Kaepernick’s first ad. That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Conversely, a staggering 56 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to purchase from Nike after seeing the commercial.

Kaepernick's Nike commercial 'is a big hit with consumers'

So those more likely to purchase Nike outnumbering those less likely outnumbered almost 5 to 1.

And over $160 million in free publicity.

The positive impact of Kaepernick’s advertisement wasn’t the only good news for Nike, either. Apex Marketing – which analyzes the value of social-media impact on brands – reported that in the first three days after the announcement of Kaepernick as a spokesperson, Nike reaped “buzz” mentions that equated to $163.5 million in value. Which means Nike would have had to have doled out that much money to receive the same kind bang it received from the Kaepernick announcement.

Oh, whatever will Nike do.

A 4 billion dollar "slight hit". :laugh:

Out of 135 billion, yeah it is. Context is everything.

The context I'm seeing here is that it's easy to dismiss 4 billion as "a slight hit" when not a single penny of it is YOURS.

Do you own Nike stocks? If not then a penny of it is not your either.

Nike is up more than 53% in the last year, do you think investors are really pissed about this blip on the radar? Hell, they have gotten 2.5 of that 4 billion back already.

What difference does it make if any of it is mine? I'M not the one waving off $4 billion as chump change in service of my political agenda.

If you had 135 bucks and lost 4 of it would you lose your mind like you are now?

Besides, they have more than half of it back already. It was blip, it happens in the markets. Nike had a bigger dip back in June, were you losing your mind over it too?

Yeah, that's totally the same. :eusa_hand:

Besides, if you think it's just about a dip in the stock prices, and then it's all over, you're whistling past the graveyard, punkin. This isn't even remotely over yet.

Exactly.

"I has anecdotal Internet evidence, so I WIIIIIN!!!"

Uh huh.

You are probably too stupid to know this, but nothing you've said is even relevant to what I said, much less a rebuttal. But thanks for playing.

Exactly.

You wouldn't.

You wouldn't.

But then I wouldn't try to force my political views on my kids either.

These people do not know the first thing about effective parenting, no doubt they are raising their children to be mindless drones that do what the party tells them to do, just like their parents.

Oh, yeah. THAT'S what it is. Giving your kid expensive, name-brand frivolities leads to them being successful as adults; telling them no and making them work for luxuries makes them "mindless drones that do what the party tells them to do".

You know, there are only two things that prevent your insults and digs from being devastatingly effective: the fact that they're fucking stupid and senseless, and the fact that the first fact makes you look like an utter ass napkin whose opinion is valueless.

But besides that, I'm just cut to the quick. No, really.

Forum List

Back