Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

Nike counted on cashing in on the controversy, but they're betting that the left wins the culture war, and that the right forgets them in a week and goes on about its business, the way it used to do.

If they're wrong, then Colin Whoosywhatsit is going to be remembered as an asshole, and they're going to be remembered as anti-American. And they are by no means guaranteed to win their bet, no matter what you think.

More accurately, they are betting that picking a side on a sports related social issue will appeal to their primary demographic: younger folks.

And what is remembered depends largely on who is remembering. With the folks most offended by Nike's call....old, angry white people, having a limited shelf life for remembering anything. While the younger demo having much, much more time.

Nice try, Sparky, but I've never given a tin shit about your warped perspective on the world before, so what makes you think I'm going to accept it as gospel now?

I wish you lots of luck somehow turning Colin Whatshisnose into a hero without reminding people to be pissed off at the little shit every time they see him.

If what you 'gave tin shits about' had a thing to do with Nike's sales or stock performance, your post might have some relevance to this thread.

Back in reality, most analysts have concluded that Nike will win the one, as the demos they are targetting are younger. Not angry old white people.

Exactly.

Celebrities show their support of Colin Kaepernick's Nike ad
Nike's Colin Kaepernick Deal Adds Up When You See Customer Data ... And We Did

Young people generally support him...and they are the demographic Nike is shooting for...not old conservatives.

If Chevy Trucks had done this...I would say, 'they will regret it BIG time'.
But Nike? I am not sure...but my guess is it will not hurt them REMOTELY as much as Trumpbots hope it does. It could even help them BIG time.
Those kids parents buy their expensive Nike shoes. I imagine a lot of kids wont be wearing them from now on. They will become fans of different brands as a result. Reebok is loving this Kap nonsense.

"I imagine" being the key phrase in your analysis.

More accurately, they are betting that picking a side on a sports related social issue will appeal to their primary demographic: younger folks.

And what is remembered depends largely on who is remembering. With the folks most offended by Nike's call....old, angry white people, having a limited shelf life for remembering anything. While the younger demo having much, much more time.

Nice try, Sparky, but I've never given a tin shit about your warped perspective on the world before, so what makes you think I'm going to accept it as gospel now?

I wish you lots of luck somehow turning Colin Whatshisnose into a hero without reminding people to be pissed off at the little shit every time they see him.

If what you 'gave tin shits about' had a thing to do with Nike's sales or stock performance, your post might have some relevance to this thread.

Back in reality, most analysts have concluded that Nike will win the one, as the demos they are targetting are younger. Not angry old white people.

Exactly.

Young people generally support him...and they are the demographic Nike is shooting for...not old conservatives.

But Nike? I am not sure...but my guess is it will not hurt them REMOTELY as much as Trumpbots hope it does. It could even help them BIG time.
Those kids parents buy their expensive Nike shoes. I imagine a lot of kids wont be wearing them from now on. They will become fans of different brands as a result. Reebok is loving this Kap nonsense.

How many kids parents are going to give in when little Jimmy comes home all upset because he is the only one without the new LeBrons?
I assume most parents dont give in to pressure from children. That would be silly.

Exactly.

How many kids parents are going to give in when little Jimmy comes home all upset because he is the only one without the new LeBrons?
I assume most parents dont give in to pressure from children. That would be silly.

'I assume' being another key passage in your analysis. Right up there with 'I imagine'.

Nike's sale numbers will be a firm indicator of the wisdom of their campaign.

Exactly.

As opposed to your "factual" opinion of Kaps effects on these stocks and how quickly they will bounce back? You can shove your hypocrisy up your ass. That shit isnt going to sell here.

Exactly.

As opposed to your "factual" opinion of Kaps effects on these stocks and how quickly they will bounce back? You can shove your hypocrisy up your ass. That shit isnt going to sell here.

I've merely stated what has happened: 3 days of rising stock prices since the post-Kapernick announcement dip. With more than half of the lost share value restored. With the stock on course to return to pre-Kap levels by the middle of next week.

These are just trend lines based on what the stock has actually done.

If you attribute the dip in price to the blowback from the Kapernick announcement (which seems reasonable, given the timing), then the stock's performance seems to indicate that the blow back hasn't really amounted to much. With over half of it having already dissolved.

And I don't think 'hypocrisy' means what you think it means.

Exactly.

I've merely stated what has happened: 3 days of rising stock prices since the post-Kapernick announcement dip. With more than half of the lost share value restored. With the stock on course to return to pre-Kap levels by the middle of next week.

These are just trend lines based on what the stock has actually done.

If you attribute the dip in price to the blowback from the Kapernick announcement (which seems reasonable, given the timing), then the stock's performance seems to indicate that the blow back hasn't really amounted to much. With over half of it having already dissolved.

And I don't think 'hypocrisy' means what you think it means.
Your ridiculous opinion is just an opinion, hypocrite.

For the record, a hypocrite is someone who chastises others for the same shit they do themselves. Are you really that dumb?

Exactly.

The sort of parents who are pissed off at flag-kneeling enough to burn their Nike products? No, I'm guessing those parents tell their kids to save their allowance if they want expensive crap.

Give it time. Most people who most disliked his kneeling are old and are NOT the demographic Nike is shooting for.

It may not work in the long run...but it is impossible to know that after a few days. It's an ad campaign, they take time to sink in.

Clearly, the old farts on the right (especially Trumpbots) desperately want this to fail.

That alone has me hoping it will work.
True, 30 years from now Nike might be doing better.

By next week, Nike will be doing better.
Would you like to bet on it? How about this... if Nike stocks bounce back next week, I never post on USMB ever again, but if their stocks haven't fully recovered, YOU never post again. So do you stand by your statement or not? Let's bet on it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...UKEwj3rNK8sqfdAhXqmOAKHe3pBc4Q6M8CMAB6BAgDEAI

You lose asshole, now get lost

Exactly.

You must not know many parents.

Kneeling during the National Anthem has nothing to do with our feelings about BLM or any of your other plethora of imagined slights.
This whole thing is about a slight you inbreds have imagined up, you trash little redneck.
So I am only imagining these assholes are kneeling during the anthem?

LOL gawd you’re an idiot.
You are imagining that it’s against the military and other nonsense.

Being a veteran and working with the military for nearly 20 years, I can easily say yes it is insulting to the military.
Not as insulting to them as the cheering of dead black people is to black people.

Who is cheering the deaths of black people? This is what we mean by imagined slights.

If dead black people upset blacks so much, maybe they will address their own black on black murder rates. Those numbers far outweigh the few cop shooting perps.

Exactly.

Dude, you supporting Skylar's position is the best argument I could ever get for MY position.

Thanks.

If your 'disdain' and other feelings had any relevance to Nike's stock price, perhaps.

Alas, your feelings don't really play into this. With Nike having received massive publicity and endorsements for their newest campaign. And the 'fury' of angry old white people of a mere 3 dollar drop....dissolving by the day.

At the current rate of ascent, Nike's stock will be back to pre-Kapernick level by the middle of next week.

"Alas, your opinion is irrelevant because feelings don't play into this. MY opinion, however, is brilliant gospel because rich people know everything, OBVIOUSLY!"

. . . . Aaaaand the repeat of the "angry old white people!!!" meme pushes you into the ignorant parrot category.

You can go. I wouldn't want Nike's BoD to have to wait too long to be serviced.

You're taking this all far too personally. Nike is just a company that made a business decision to pick the same side on a social issue as its primary demographics.

And most analysts agree its a solid call on Nike's part in the longer term. And the negative effects in the shorter term appearing to be slightly lower stock prices for about a week.

Which isn't that big a deal. Especially on a stock up over 50% on the year.

You're flattering yourself far too much. You and your lovebot need to learn the difference between being noticed and mattering.

Clearly they are. They fucked up bad, now they have to pay for it, literally.

Laughing....their stock is down by about a 1.75....less than half of its post Kapernick announcement lows. The stock has been trending upward for 3 days.

They took a slight hit at the announcement and are recovering quickly. At this pace they'll hit their pre-announcement highs by the middle of next week.
A 4 billion dollar "slight hit". :laugh:

Out of 135 billion, yeah it is. Context is everything.

The context I'm seeing here is that it's easy to dismiss 4 billion as "a slight hit" when not a single penny of it is YOURS.

Do you own Nike stocks? If not then a penny of it is not your either.

Nike is up more than 53% in the last year, do you think investors are really pissed about this blip on the radar? Hell, they have gotten 2.5 of that 4 billion back already.

What difference does it make if any of it is mine? I'M not the one waving off $4 billion as chump change in service of my political agenda.

Exactly.

Dude, you supporting Skylar's position is the best argument I could ever get for MY position.

Thanks.

If your 'disdain' and other feelings had any relevance to Nike's stock price, perhaps.

Alas, your feelings don't really play into this. With Nike having received massive publicity and endorsements for their newest campaign. And the 'fury' of angry old white people of a mere 3 dollar drop....dissolving by the day.

At the current rate of ascent, Nike's stock will be back to pre-Kapernick level by the middle of next week.

"Alas, your opinion is irrelevant because feelings don't play into this. MY opinion, however, is brilliant gospel because rich people know everything, OBVIOUSLY!"

. . . . Aaaaand the repeat of the "angry old white people!!!" meme pushes you into the ignorant parrot category.

You're taking this all far too personally. Nike is just a company that made a business decision to pick the same side on a social issue as its primary demographics.

And most analysts agree its a solid call on Nike's part in the longer term. And the negative effects in the shorter term appearing to be slightly lower stock prices for about a week.

You're flattering yourself far too much. You and your lovebot need to learn the difference between being noticed and mattering.

You need to learn the difference between a multi-day blip on stock valuation, and genuine trends in a stock's valuation.

As its the latter than informs investors. With Nike trading what looks to be a slight lowering in stock value for about a week for tremendous publicity.

Exactly.

Well, you've definitely shown us the difference between your parenting style and effective parenting.

Thanks.

You need to learn the difference between a multi-day blip on stock valuation, and genuine trends in a stock's valuation.

As its the latter than informs investors. With Nike trading what looks to be a slight lowering in stock value for about a week for tremendous publicity.

He probably does not want to learn. He probably just hates anyone who supports what CK did. And now that his (probable) Messiah Trump has told
him what to think on this...he is dutifully obeying.

Sad.

This whole thing is about a slight you inbreds have imagined up, you trash little redneck.

Being a veteran and working with the military for nearly 20 years, I can easily say yes it is insulting to the military.
Not as insulting to them as the cheering of dead black people is to black people.

Who is cheering the deaths of black people? This is what we mean by imagined slights.

If dead black people upset blacks so much, maybe they will address their own black on black murder rates. Those numbers far outweigh the few cop shooting perps.

LOL...you are right. The next time a 'black' encounters a racist cop, hell bent on eradicating him from the planet? He should not run. He should say:

'Excuse me sir? I wish to address your intentions with that gun you are aiming at my temple while you have your foot on my neck?'

Neither you nor I have ANY factual data as to how many 'blacks' have been murdered by police. And save the 'official' stats. You should know perfectly well that every crime committed by cops is not prosecuted.

So to claim/indicate otherwise is silly, IMO.

This is besides the point anyway, you Trumpbots would hate what CK did even if it could be proven that he was right. You are just obsessed about forcing people to respect the inanimate object that is the national anthem as much as you do.

Personally, when I was in the reserves...I could have cared less if someone else loved the flag/national anthem or hated it. Because I did - and still do - believe that freedom of expression is an all important right that must not be removed in any way (which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do, I suspect).

Now you will answer me with some hate-filled, close-minded Trumpbot blather probably...no offense.

I cannot be bothered to debate closed minded people.

So we are done here.

Good day.

1zunnuqiy7k11.jpg
OMG. You can’t get any dumber.

Never bet on that. They can ALWAYS get dumber.
mrmcj2pbpnk11.jpg

8viz2jef4nk11.jpg
If you want to address a supposed problem, the multimillionaires should actually do something, shitforbrains.

But they know it’s bullshit so don’t spend a dime.

LOL...you are right. The next time a 'black' encounters a racist cop, hell bent on eradicating him from the planet? He should not run. He should say:

'Excuse me sir? I wish to address your intentions with that gun you are aiming at my temple while you have your foot on my neck?'

Neither you nor I have ANY factual data as to how many 'blacks' have been murdered by police. And save the 'official' stats. You should know perfectly well that every crime committed by cops is not prosecuted.

So to claim/indicate otherwise is silly, IMO.

This is besides the point anyway, you Trumpbots would hate what CK did even if it could be proven that he was right. You are just obsessed about forcing people to respect the inanimate object that is the national anthem as much as you do.

Personally, when I was in the reserves...I could have cared less if someone else loved the flag/national anthem or hated it. Because I did - and still do - believe that freedom of expression is an all important right that must not be removed in any way (which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do, I suspect).

Now you will answer me with some hate-filled, close-minded Trumpbot blather probably...no offense.

I cannot be bothered to debate closed minded people.

So we are done here.

Good day.
You are competing for the dumbest poster of the month. You Leftards and your delusions.

Laughing....their stock is down by about a 1.75....less than half of its post Kapernick announcement lows. The stock has been trending upward for 3 days.

They took a slight hit at the announcement and are recovering quickly. At this pace they'll hit their pre-announcement highs by the middle of next week.
A 4 billion dollar "slight hit". :laugh:

Out of 135 billion, yeah it is. Context is everything.

The context I'm seeing here is that it's easy to dismiss 4 billion as "a slight hit" when not a single penny of it is YOURS.

Do you own Nike stocks? If not then a penny of it is not your either.

Nike is up more than 53% in the last year, do you think investors are really pissed about this blip on the radar? Hell, they have gotten 2.5 of that 4 billion back already.

What difference does it make if any of it is mine? I'M not the one waving off $4 billion as chump change in service of my political agenda.

If you had 135 bucks and lost 4 of it would you lose your mind like you are now?

Besides, they have more than half of it back already. It was blip, it happens in the markets. Nike had a bigger dip back in June, were you losing your mind over it too?

Forum List

Back