🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nine Sailors Disciplined For Iran Screwup

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Looks like they gundecked their maintenance, and got really sloppy.

Nine face discipline for errors that led to U.S. sailors' Iranian arrest

The Navy’s five-month investigation, which has been the subject of congressional scrutiny for months, found that the sailors piloting the boats didn’t properly plan the voyage, that the upkeep of the boats declined during the five-month deployment and caused a critical mechanical failure and that the staff ashore failed to properly track the riverine command boats.

Among the key findings of the investigation:
  • The sailors from Coastal Riverine Squadron 3 did not brief or even plan their route from Kuwait to Bahrain. While the original route would have avoided Iran’s territorial waters around Farsi Island, the crew immediately deviated from their original course to make up for a late start.
  • The crew did not report regularly to their operational handlers on shore when they sighted land unexpectedly.
  • Task Force 56, the riverine squadron’s immediate superior in 5th Fleet, tasked the sailors beyond their capabilities and limitations and fostered a “can do/will do” culture.
  • The tactical operations center charged with tracking the transit failed to do so and reacted poorly when things started going wrong.
Their sloppiness and carelessness caused an international incident.

In all, nine officers and enlisted are being disciplined for the incident, including three members of the boat crew, the commanding and executive officers of the riverine squadron, the commodore and chief of staff of the group in charge of the riverines and two members of the shore support staff, according to a defense official familiar with the ongoing personnel actions.

that's the way Navy is------screw up is not allowed----mistake is not allowed.

The Navy’s five-month investigation, which has been the subject of congressional scrutiny for months, found that the sailors piloting the boats didn’t properly plan the voyage, that the upkeep of the boats declined during the five-month deployment and caused a critical mechanical failure and that the staff ashore failed to properly track the riverine command boats.

• The sailors from Coastal Riverine Squadron 3 did not brief or even plan their route from Kuwait to Bahrain. While the original route would have avoided Iran’s territorial waters around Farsi Island, the crew immediately deviated from their original course to make up for a late start.
  • The crew did not report regularly to their operational handlers on shore when they sighted land unexpectedly.
  • Task Force 56, the riverine squadron’s immediate superior in 5th Fleet, tasked the sailors beyond their capabilities and limitations and fostered a “can do/will do” culture.
  • The tactical operations center charged with tracking the transit failed to do so and reacted poorly when things started going wrong.

In all, nine officers and enlisted are being disciplined for the incident, including three members of the boat crew, the commanding and executive officers of the riverine squadron, the commodore and chief of staff of the group in charge of the riverines and two members of the shore support staff, according to a defense official familiar with the ongoing personnel actions.

Given the state of US/Iran negotiations at the time, it was a major screwup

I blame global warming.

No, really!

See, the rising oceans pushed them into Iranian waters. It wasn't their fault!

As much as it hurts me to say this, they were supposed to be the elite force of the Navy. The best trained and able to overcome all odds.

There is no excuse for not maintaining one's equipment - unless the supply chain did not provide the parts or equipment needed. If that WAS the case, then:wtf: someone on the logistics chain should pay for it.

But, what bothers me most is that what every person who enters the military learns is that, when questioned, one is only supposed to give, Name, Rank, and military ID number.

No more. No less.

That they blabbed and cried made me want to puke.

They looked pretty fucking UNSAT in the videos I saw of them that the Iranians posted. Not surprised. Same type of Navy we had when Carter was president. Low morale, drug useage, shitty leadership, no funding, ships rotting at piers, all the good guys have gotten out. Oh... I forgot - Obama has added queers into the mix now as "OK" to serve.

I tell ya - had those fucking filthy pig-fuckers attempted to commandeer a Mike-8 boat with me as the CPOIC of the boat - and all my men standing ready by my side - we (1) would never be allowed to be captured and (2) would have killed as many of those fucking camel-fuckers as possible.

But today's Navy -

No worries - Trump willl rebuild it, just like Reagan rebuilt the military after Carter fucked it up.

They looked pretty fucking UNSAT in the videos I saw of them that the Iranians posted. Not surprised. Same type of Navy we had when Carter was president. Low morale, drug useage, shitty leadership, no funding, ships rotting at piers, all the good guys have gotten out. Oh... I forgot - Obama has added queers into the mix now as "OK" to serve.

I tell ya - had those fucking filthy pig-fuckers attempted to commandeer a Mike-8 boat with me as the CPOIC of the boat - and all my men standing ready by my side - we (1) would never be allowed to be captured and (2) would have killed as many of those fucking camel-fuckers as possible.

But today's Navy -

No worries - Trump willl rebuild it, just like Reagan rebuilt the military after Carter fucked it up.
blame it on everyone else ,, except the ones responsible.

Forum List

Back