There's more political value in it for the D's to have it blocked.

Unfortunately for the R's, they talked themselves into taking a position that's going to cost them support and haunt them for long time to come.

Too fkng obvious!

The D's can have their own commission now for as long as it pleases them to keep it up, keep it up.

This has got to be an outstanding example of American stupidity on the part of the R's.

Morning Joe Scarborough predicts the same and he’s politically pretty damn astute.

D’s gave them everything they wanted. Happens every damn time of late. No reason to bargain with them on infrastructure either.

Same deal will happen again. These are not honest brokers.
The D's couldn't lose on this thing, but the outcome gave them a bigger win than the opposite result.

And too, this gives the D's added energy on their ambitions of dumping the filibuster, by putting egg all over Manchin's face.

I think Joe has about had it with this bunch. He may be about ready to give up his bipartisan schtick and nuke the filibuster.

Why, so he can kiss his seat goodbye?

Well Billy, what is IS. You can either grow a fucking backbone, or kill your party that was.
Standing up to the Communist Democrats will grow the Republican party.

well even though the republicans have not fully been infiltrated by terrorists as the dems have,there are still too many bad apples in the GOP party in bed with them and biden like Bush,Romney,Murkowski,and Graham and many others that are global,ist GOPS and sense the GOP has a bad name attached to it because of corrupt people like them in the GOP over decades,the GOP party needs to be abolished as well and we need a new party the libertarian party started and the people representing it held accountable for their actions,something presidents have NEVER been.

Oh those that voted against this will be documented in history as total imbeciles. Party over democracy. Once you divorce yourself from that orange tub of goo you will see clearly that your political career is over.

I still want to know who killed JFK.

It was Sirhan Sirhan! :smoke:
On the grassy knoll, while Osama bin Laden was taking pilot training from Amelia Erhart!

Idiot-gram ^^^; Varity typical of Odd Dude: he's not a Democrat, he's not a Republican, he's not a Libertarian, or Green. He has proved to be a No Nothing curmudgeon with a desperate need for attention. In short, one very sick puppy.
^^
Too much of a fucking dullard to recognize that he and his loonytoons crew are being mocked into the ground, as you should be.
The sad fact is, I didn't mock you, what I posted is factual.
Read for comprehension much?...You really are a dumbfuck, aren't you?
Another personal attack lacking any substance, that being no evidence to prove your claim. The use of "dumbfuck" isn't a rebuttal, it's from the gutter, not from someone with a high education or a mature person.
You were the first person to use insults in this discussion. Quit whining, hypocrite.

The event is being investigated by the Justice Dept. and there`s not a thing that the GQP can do to stop it. Enjoy your high-fives and spiking the ball while you can.
Yet not a single person of the dozens hauled in has been charged with more than a petty misdemeanor.
But you know they will be don't you hon!

The person you replied to lied.

Many of the people arrested thus far face felony charges.
No, almost everyone is getting misdemeanor charges.

Time to nuke the 60 vote BS. Bastards :mad:

The longest Filibuster on record in the US Congress, is when the Democrats Filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The individual record ... On August the 28th, 1957, Democrat Senator Strom Thurmond, from South Carolina
Filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1957 for more than 24 hours straight.

Oh those that voted against this will be documented in history as total imbeciles. Party over democracy. Once you divorce yourself from that orange tub of goo you will see clearly that your political career is over.
You wish. No one will ever remember that this even happened in a week, but i will do my best to remind you of this democrat failure. :laugh:

Last edited:
The republicans filibustered the bill. So there wasn't 60 votes to advance the legislation.

The republicans succeeded in killing the legislation just like they do with all good legislation our nation needs so badly.

Most Americans know why the republicans don't want an investigation into their attack on our capitol last January.

This won't stop the investigations. All it does is prevent a bipartisan investigation.

Now, the democrats can and probably will set up their own investigations without republicans stopping it.

Bad choice. At least with the commission it was bipartisan. Now, republicans will have little if any say in the investigations.

Why is a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Riot "good legislation that our nation needs so badly"? Have the pertinent law enforcement agencies STOPPED investigating it or something? If not, why do the Congress Critters need to waste their time & OUR MONEY investigating it? Don't they have better things to do?

Let law enforcement do its job and refrain from politicizing this mess, we don't need another "Congressional Commission" aka GRANDSTANDING EXERCISE.
First of saying you don't want to politicize an instance where the former US president didn't want to accept election results to the point that he asked his supporters to stop the certification of that election is kind of disingenuous. This is NOT just a law enforcement issue. This is an inherently political issue too.

The political question is way more important IMO. How do you have a representative Democracy when one party of a binary election can simply say, "I lost legally so I feel within my rights to use extralegal means to remain in power?"

Even if it wouldn't be something that is strictly illegal, investigating the question and be forced to reckon with the answer is probably one of the most important things you can do.

The whole problem is I suspect, that having to reckon with that answer is something the GOP doesn't want to do because it would force them to take a position instead of straddling the fence in order to keep their caucus together.
Why is it “inherently a political issue” ? What Donny is accused of doing on Jan.6 (inciting a riot/insurrection) is a CRIME right?

We’ve already dealt with the political side of the equation in the manner mandated by the U.S.Constitution for a sitting President (impeachment) if there are further actions necessary they fall SOLELY in the realm of LAW ENFORCEMENT (principally the Justice Department).

What the Democrats are attempting to do is insert themselves into the realm of Law Enforcement, which from my perspective is likely because:
1. They want to use that heinous incident as a GRANDSTANDING exercise
2. They want to perform a de facto extension of the IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

The more this gets politicized the more likely the hands of LAW ENFORCEMENT will get restrained from seeing Justice Served.

The FBI is FAR more capable of investigating this than Congress Critters ever have been or ever will be, that is as long as politicians leave them alone and let them do their job.

Nice spin. In short, however, you might as well make a claim that trump is innocent and the event on January 6th last was just any other day. Let's see how this plays out during the next 19 months.

You can fool ....
To be perfectly honest, from what I saw from the publicly available video evidence, I think Donny is GUILTY, however I know of one sure way to make sure that he’s NEVER held accountable for it and that is to let the party before country Congress Critters to politicize this even more than it already has been by enpaneling yet another “Congressional Commission”, they just make it harder for LAW ENFORCEMENT to investigate and prosecute the case.

Despite all of the partisan attacks on the FBI, it still has WAY more credibility than Congress Critters with the majority of Americans.

Did you learn nothing from the way the Hillary Clinton “illegal server” investigation unfolded after our Boys & Girls in Congress got a hold of it? How did that work out with respect to the way the FBI was backed into a corner with respect to handling the case?
All that's needed to keep Trump out of office is to keep Democrats to win control of Congress in the 2024 election.
.. yeah and Democrat partisans are doing everything they possibly can to ensure that Republicans win back control of Congress in 2024, did you folks learn nothing from 2010? Apparently not because from what I can see Crime Family-D is making all the same mistakes.

The Definition of Insanity: Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results”Albert Einstein
With so many on the right feeling utter hopelessness over our election process, I'm not too concerned about that.
Just like many of your fellow partisans were in 2010, 2014 and 2016, after the last time the Repubicrats we’re feeling “utter hopelessness” because the Democrats won power.

It’s that sort of smug attitude that keeps coming to bite the Democrats in the rear again and again.Also note that even though Biden won the Presidency convincely in 2020, the Congressional races were pretty close and the Republicans are in a better position with respect to Congressional Seats than they were in 2010.

You want to keep handing the Republicans gifts in our still CENTER RIGHT country, I’m sure they’ll happily accept them.

All that's needed to keep Trump out of office is to keep Democrats to win control of Congress in the 2024 election.
From a Canadian's POV, I see it as a situation in which Trump must be prevented from regaining the presidency. This will be a mutually agreed position of all of America's security agencies. It's just too unthinkable to contemplate the damage he could do if he regains power.

For that reason, all options are on the table to stop him!

This has called for Biden to begin to compromise on his planned agenda in order to maintain popularity of his D party. Biden will be following directions from responsible Americans who fully understand America's precarious position. He must know that America's future is on very shaky ground with the fascist threat, even if it's not with Trump leading it.

If necessary, government will deal with Trump even if it calls for the Kennedy solution!

The China threat to America's superiority can't be ignored for much longer, just for the sake of domestic division in America. America must find it's way back to sanity and start to pull together.
This certainly calls for the elimination of the Trump problem.
We have the 14th Amendment to keep him out, but will need Democrats in control of Congress on 1.6.25 to enforce it.

truth withstands all questions...why so afraid of the truth?
The Democrats will invent lies.
Yep, just like their last commission did. They tried send the President to prison based on lies.
that is all the proof in the world the donald is not corrupt and part of the the corrupt two party system we have same as JFK wasnt.If he was another Bush or Obama or Biden,the house and senate would not be trying to impeach a former president and be doing everything they can to try and put a president behind bars for the first time in mankind history.

the last thing the lamestream media would be doing is demonizing him if he was part of the corrupt two party system. They are doing the same thing to Trump they have done to carter the last four decades,demonize him because same as carter,they were both non warmongers. He is easily the most anti war president sense carter and the government and media hate him and want to destroy him for that same as they have attacked carter unfairly all these decades unfarily calling him the worst president ever which sadly, so many brainwashed sheep in America have fallen for hook,line and sinker.

Nine Republican senators and two Democrats didn't vote on the January 6 commission.
These are the 11 senators who didn't vote on the bill:

• Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
  • Republican Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri
  • Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana
  • Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina
  • Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma
  • Democratic Sen. Patty Murray of Washington
  • Republican Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota
  • Republican Sen. James Risch of Idaho
  • Republican Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama
  • Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona
  • Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

How convenient...
Are you gonna burn their house down?

well even though the republicans have not fully been infiltrated by terrorists as the dems have,there are still too many bad apples in the GOP party in bed with them and biden like Bush,Romney,Murkowski,and Graham and many others that are global,ist GOPS and sense the GOP has a bad name attached to it because of corrupt people like them in the GOP over decades,the GOP party needs to be abolished as well and we need a new party the libertarian party started and the people representing it held accountable for their actions,something presidents have NEVER been.

The point is, you stupid wanker, you run everything into one long sentence and that destroys any meaning you were trying to get across. You can do better and you need to start to try. Trust me, nobody can understand your gibberish the way you write it.

The event is being investigated by the Justice Dept. and there`s not a thing that the GQP can do to stop it. Enjoy your high-fives and spiking the ball while you can.
Yet not a single person of the dozens hauled in has been charged with more than a petty misdemeanor.
But you know they will be don't you hon!

The person you replied to lied.

Many of the people arrested thus far face felony charges.

Name them.

I held off on my next donation to the REPUBS until I saw what was going to come of this 1/6 Dimm proposed debacle.
I'll be gladly signing a check to them this weekend!!

Nine Republican senators and two Democrats didn't vote on the January 6 commission.
These are the 11 senators who didn't vote on the bill:

• Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
  • Republican Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri
  • Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana
  • Republican Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina
  • Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma
  • Democratic Sen. Patty Murray of Washington
  • Republican Sen. Mike Rounds of South Dakota
  • Republican Sen. James Risch of Idaho
  • Republican Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama
  • Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona
  • Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania

How convenient...
Are you gonna burn their house down?

Nah, I’m too cool to do that. ;)

The republicans filibustered the bill. So there wasn't 60 votes to advance the legislation.

The republicans succeeded in killing the legislation just like they do with all good legislation our nation needs so badly.

Most Americans know why the republicans don't want an investigation into their attack on our capitol last January.

This won't stop the investigations. All it does is prevent a bipartisan investigation.

Now, the democrats can and probably will set up their own investigations without republicans stopping it.

Bad choice. At least with the commission it was bipartisan. Now, republicans will have little if any say in the investigations.

Why is a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Riot "good legislation that our nation needs so badly"? Have the pertinent law enforcement agencies STOPPED investigating it or something? If not, why do the Congress Critters need to waste their time & OUR MONEY investigating it? Don't they have better things to do?

Let law enforcement do its job and refrain from politicizing this mess, we don't need another "Congressional Commission" aka GRANDSTANDING EXERCISE.
First of saying you don't want to politicize an instance where the former US president didn't want to accept election results to the point that he asked his supporters to stop the certification of that election is kind of disingenuous. This is NOT just a law enforcement issue. This is an inherently political issue too.

The political question is way more important IMO. How do you have a representative Democracy when one party of a binary election can simply say, "I lost legally so I feel within my rights to use extralegal means to remain in power?"

Even if it wouldn't be something that is strictly illegal, investigating the question and be forced to reckon with the answer is probably one of the most important things you can do.

The whole problem is I suspect, that having to reckon with that answer is something the GOP doesn't want to do because it would force them to take a position instead of straddling the fence in order to keep their caucus together.
Why is it “inherently a political issue” ? What Donny is accused of doing on Jan.6 (inciting a riot/insurrection) is a CRIME right?

We’ve already dealt with the political side of the equation in the manner mandated by the U.S.Constitution for a sitting President (impeachment) if there are further actions necessary they fall SOLELY in the realm of LAW ENFORCEMENT (principally the Justice Department).

What the Democrats are attempting to do is insert themselves into the realm of Law Enforcement, which from my perspective is likely because:
1. They want to use that heinous incident as a GRANDSTANDING exercise
2. They want to perform a de facto extension of the IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

The more this gets politicized the more likely the hands of LAW ENFORCEMENT will get restrained from seeing Justice Served.

The FBI is FAR more capable of investigating this than Congress Critters ever have been or ever will be, that is as long as politicians leave them alone and let them do their job.

Nice spin. In short, however, you might as well make a claim that trump is innocent and the event on January 6th last was just any other day. Let's see how this plays out during the next 19 months.

You can fool ....
To be perfectly honest, from what I saw from the publicly available video evidence, I think Donny is GUILTY, however I know of one sure way to make sure that he’s NEVER held accountable for it and that is to let the party before country Congress Critters to politicize this even more than it already has been by enpaneling yet another “Congressional Commission”, they just make it harder for LAW ENFORCEMENT to investigate and prosecute the case.

Despite all of the partisan attacks on the FBI, it still has WAY more credibility than Congress Critters with the majority of Americans.

Did you learn nothing from the way the Hillary Clinton “illegal server” investigation unfolded after our Boys & Girls in Congress got a hold of it? How did that work out with respect to the way the FBI was backed into a corner with respect to handling the case?
.. yeah and Democrat partisans are doing everything they possibly can to ensure that Republicans win back control of Congress in 2024, did you folks learn nothing from 2010? Apparently not because from what I can see Crime Family-D is making all the same mistakes.

The Definition of Insanity: Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results”Albert Einstein
With so many on the right feeling utter hopelessness over our election process, I'm not too concerned about that.
Just like many of your fellow partisans were in 2010, 2014 and 2016, after the last time the Repubicrats we’re feeling “utter hopelessness” because the Democrats won power.

It’s that sort of smug attitude that keeps coming to bite the Democrats in the rear again and again.Also note that even though Biden won the Presidency convincely in 2020, the Congressional races were pretty close and the Republicans are in a better position with respect to Congressional Seats than they were in 2010.

You want to keep handing the Republicans gifts in our still CENTER RIGHT country, I’m sure they’ll happily accept them.
Uh, no, nothing like that. None of those elections rendered the left with an utter sense of hopelessness over our election process.

That feeling is what cost Republicans the Senate this year. I don't see it abating any time soon.

From a Canadian's POV, I see it as a situation in which Trump must be prevented from regaining the presidency. This will be a mutually agreed position of all of America's security agencies. It's just too unthinkable to contemplate the damage he could do if he regains power.

This has called for Biden to begin to compromise on his planned agenda in order to maintain popularity of his D party. Biden will be following directions from responsible Americans who fully understand America's precarious position. He must know that America's future is on very shaky ground with the fascist threat, even if it's not with Trump leading it.

If necessary, government will deal with Trump even if it calls for the Kennedy solution!

The China threat to America's superiority can't be ignored for much longer, just for the sake of domestic division in America. America must find it's way back to sanity and start to pull together.
We have the 14th Amendment to keep him out, but will need Democrats in control of Congress on 1.6.25 to enforce it.
Ummm… yeah.

OH WAIT, remind me, what are the members of SCOTUS names again and who appointed them? I seem to recall something about a strict constructionist bent on the court or some such.

I will admit, you’re a GAMBLER.

Know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run, you NEVER COUNT YOUR WINNINGS WHEN YOU’RE SITTING AT THE TABLE” — Kenny Rogers

Time to nuke the 60 vote BS. Bastards :mad:
Why on earth would you need a commission for this anyway? Hell, your last democrat commission lied and fabricated evidence to make people think our president worked for Putin.
What Democrat commission was that??
<crickets>

Ummm… yeah.

OH WAIT, remind me, what are the members of SCOTUS names again and who appointed them? I seem to recall something about a strict constructionist bent on the court or some such.

I will admit, you’re a GAMBLER.

Know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run, you NEVER COUNT YOUR WINNINGS WHEN YOU’RE SITTING AT THE TABLE” — Kenny Rogers
SCOTUS doesn't certify elections -- Congress does.

Forum List

Back