Or maybe Schumer knew he didn't have the votes in the first place, and only brought it to the floor to get deranged moonbats like you to shit chickens for a few days.

Looks like its working.
There's no doubt Shumer knew he didn't have the votes! Gee he's stupid for trying!

You are so far gone that you're not able to even consider the outcome of this fuck up by the R's. And it's delightful to see you stumble along with your spamming, because you've been left with nothing else.
I'm not the one shitting myself over losing the vote, you are....And it was brought to the floor on purpose, as you already acknowledged.

We're too far away from the '22 election for this to be remembered...The intent is clear...Congrats on being such an easily manipulated tool.

Dude, you’re in for a thrill ride the likes of which you’ve never seen ..
But stay stoopid!! :)
Whatever....Only easily manipulated tools like you will remember this.

Oh those that voted against this will be documented in history as total imbeciles. Party over democracy. Once you divorce yourself from that orange tub of goo you will see clearly that your political career is over.

I hope so, the problem is the GOP promulgates BIG LIES over and over and accepts Conspiracy Stories are the truth; they're then echoed by the true believers that the election was stolen by the Democrats.

Time to nuke the 60 vote BS. Bastards :mad:
Why on earth would you need a commission for this anyway? Hell, your last democrat commission lied and fabricated evidence to make people think our president worked for Putin.
What Democrat commission was that??
<crickets>
Im not going to explain obvious shit to you. Whatever your retarded game is, im not playing it.

I held off on my next donation to the REPUBS until I saw what was going to come of this 1/6 Dimm proposed debacle.
I'll be gladly signing a check to them this weekend!!
Too soon....Too many republicans voted in favor of that fan dance.

Don't be a sap.
Indeed,while there ARE some good GOPS out there not part of the corrupt two party system such as Desantis and Noem,there are too many others out there like Bush,Graham and Romney in bed with the dems who voted for Biden so by all means,put your support behind Desantis but thats it,be careful of the other republicans out there.

I held off on my next donation to the REPUBS until I saw what was going to come of this 1/6 Dimm proposed debacle.
I'll be gladly signing a check to them this weekend!!
Too soon....Too many republicans voted in favor of that fan dance.

Don't be a sap.

Still. My money. My choice.
Choose to put on a longshot at the horse track....Your odds for a payoff with the current crop of swampers running the party will be greatly higher.....Choosing and individual would be best.

Why on earth would you need a commission for this anyway? Hell, your last democrat commission lied and fabricated evidence to make people think our president worked for Putin.
<crickets>
Im not going to explain obvious shit to you. Whatever your retarded game is, im not playing it.
:thankusmile: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Oh those that voted against this will be documented in history as total imbeciles. Party over democracy. Once you divorce yourself from that orange tub of goo you will see clearly that your political career is over.

I hope so, the problem is the GOP promulgates BIG LIES over and over and accepts Conspiracy Stories are the truth; they're then are echoed by the true believers that the election was stolen by the Democrats.

The republicans filibustered the bill. So there wasn't 60 votes to advance the legislation.

The republicans succeeded in killing the legislation just like they do with all good legislation our nation needs so badly.

Most Americans know why the republicans don't want an investigation into their attack on our capitol last January.

This won't stop the investigations. All it does is prevent a bipartisan investigation.

Now, the democrats can and probably will set up their own investigations without republicans stopping it.

Bad choice. At least with the commission it was bipartisan. Now, republicans will have little if any say in the investigations.

Why is a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Riot "good legislation that our nation needs so badly"? Have the pertinent law enforcement agencies STOPPED investigating it or something? If not, why do the Congress Critters need to waste their time & OUR MONEY investigating it? Don't they have better things to do?

Let law enforcement do its job and refrain from politicizing this mess, we don't need another "Congressional Commission" aka GRANDSTANDING EXERCISE.
First of saying you don't want to politicize an instance where the former US president didn't want to accept election results to the point that he asked his supporters to stop the certification of that election is kind of disingenuous. This is NOT just a law enforcement issue. This is an inherently political issue too.

The political question is way more important IMO. How do you have a representative Democracy when one party of a binary election can simply say, "I lost legally so I feel within my rights to use extralegal means to remain in power?"

Even if it wouldn't be something that is strictly illegal, investigating the question and be forced to reckon with the answer is probably one of the most important things you can do.

The whole problem is I suspect, that having to reckon with that answer is something the GOP doesn't want to do because it would force them to take a position instead of straddling the fence in order to keep their caucus together.
Why is it “inherently a political issue” ? What Donny is accused of doing on Jan.6 (inciting a riot/insurrection) is a CRIME right?

We’ve already dealt with the political side of the equation in the manner mandated by the U.S.Constitution for a sitting President (impeachment) if there are further actions necessary they fall SOLELY in the realm of LAW ENFORCEMENT (principally the Justice Department).

What the Democrats are attempting to do is insert themselves into the realm of Law Enforcement, which from my perspective is likely because:
1. They want to use that heinous incident as a GRANDSTANDING exercise
2. They want to perform a de facto extension of the IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

The more this gets politicized the more likely the hands of LAW ENFORCEMENT will get restrained from seeing Justice Served.

The FBI is FAR more capable of investigating this than Congress Critters ever have been or ever will be, that is as long as politicians leave them alone and let them do their job.
What "Donny" is accused of is trying to overturn the result of the election without any legal standing to do so. I'm not sure that's illegal. I am sure it goes against well over 200 years of (mostly) peaceful transition of power.

Impeachment didn't address that issue, in fact, the GOP's argument was focused on legalistic terms so they didn't have to address it poilitically. To close to Biden's inauguration was the justification to do so. Just like you are now trying to argue that there is no reason to do so because of the fact that Law Enforcement is doing so.

And again legal arguments are simply less important than political ones if we are talking about what it actually means to be a functioning Democracy.

I hope so, the problem is the GOP promulgates BIG LIES over and over and accepts Conspiracy Stories are the truth; they're then are echoed by the true believers that the election was stolen by the Democrats.

I see you are not in dress today. What is odd, besides you, is that you and PoliticalChic are never seen together.

No worries. Democrats tried to hold a bipartisan joint investigation. Now it will have to be partisan investigations held independently in each chamber.
Yes of course! But the D's had to take the step of making the offer. Now they can keep it all alive and drag it out until they're satisfied with the results.

The only thing really curious about the results is Patty Murray's no vote.

That had to be prearranged with Shumer, to send a message. It couldn't be anything else when Shumer knew he wouldn't win the vote. And there's no way that Patty is a renegade.

Patty Murray did not vote no.

Patty Murray was not in the senate to cast a vote.

There were 11 senators who didn't vote at all. Nine of those eleven were republicans. Two of them were democrats. One of those democrats who didn't vote at all was Patty Murray. She did not vote no.

<crickets>
Then you're the retard because there was no Democrat commission to make anyone think Trump worked for Putin. That's the real reason you can't elucidate.

All that's needed to keep Trump out of office is to keep Democrats to win control of Congress in the 2024 election.
From a Canadian's POV, I see it as a situation in which Trump must be prevented from regaining the presidency. This will be a mutually agreed position of all of America's security agencies. It's just too unthinkable to contemplate the damage he could do if he regains power.

For that reason, all options are on the table to stop him!

This has called for Biden to begin to compromise on his planned agenda in order to maintain popularity of his D party. Biden will be following directions from responsible Americans who fully understand America's precarious position. He must know that America's future is on very shaky ground with the fascist threat, even if it's not with Trump leading it.

If necessary, government will deal with Trump even if it calls for the Kennedy solution!

The China threat to America's superiority can't be ignored for much longer, just for the sake of domestic division in America. America must find it's way back to sanity and start to pull together.
This certainly calls for the elimination of the Trump problem.
We have the 14th Amendment to keep him out, but will need Democrats in control of Congress on 1.6.25 to enforce it.
Ummm… yeah.

OH WAIT, remind me, what are the members of SCOTUS names again and who appointed them? I seem to recall something about a strict constructionist bent on the court or some such.

I will admit, you’re a GAMBLER.

Know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run, you NEVER COUNT YOUR WINNINGS WHEN YOU’RE SITTING AT THE TABLE” — Kenny Rogers
SCOTUS doesn't certify elections -- Congress does.
Which branch has responsibility for interpreting CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS when, for example, a candidates eligibility for the Presidency is challenged based on the 14th AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION?

Come on now, you know better than this.

ec670417-3641-4821-9269-50e3b8f8887b.png

I see you are not in dress today. What is odd, besides you, is that you and PoliticalChic are never seen together.
Is that all you got, Francis?

No worries. Democrats tried to hold a bipartisan joint investigation. Now it will have to be partisan investigations held independently in each chamber.
Bipartisan? Who are you kidding? Bicommunist is more like it.
Fuck off, nut, until you learn what bipartisan means.
Fuck off troll. There should have been a bipartisan investigation of fraud and Jan. 6th never would have happened.
There was, they call it the election process. Administered by both parties, supervised by both parties, and judges nominated by both parties judging any challenges to the election. That is what BIPARTISAN means.

<crickets>
:thankusmile: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
LOL

Leave it to an idiot to applaud failure. :lmao:

No keep the filibuster. If the filibuster is removed and the republicans get control of our government again, there will be nothing to stop their irresponsible economic policies and their irresponsible, hateful and discriminatory social policy.

Look what has happened with the courts since the filibuster was removed on federal judges. The filibuster brought at least some balance and moderation to appointees. Without it, we got a Supreme Court and federal courts full of right wing crazy people.

The answer is to vote. Over come all the obstacles that the republicans put in place for voting and vote every single one of them out of office.

Then set to the big job of cleaning up the huge mess they made.

People with their economic and social policies don't belong in our government.

I get that Dana. But history is on the side of Rs in midterms.
Gotta get everything done (that the American people WANT) before then!

Then they will take over the congress and reverse everything that the democrats did.

No thank you.

All that's needed to keep Trump out of office is to keep Democrats to win control of Congress in the 2024 election.
From a Canadian's POV, I see it as a situation in which Trump must be prevented from regaining the presidency. This will be a mutually agreed position of all of America's security agencies. It's just too unthinkable to contemplate the damage he could do if he regains power.

For that reason, all options are on the table to stop him!

This has called for Biden to begin to compromise on his planned agenda in order to maintain popularity of his D party. Biden will be following directions from responsible Americans who fully understand America's precarious position. He must know that America's future is on very shaky ground with the fascist threat, even if it's not with Trump leading it.

If necessary, government will deal with Trump even if it calls for the Kennedy solution!

The China threat to America's superiority can't be ignored for much longer, just for the sake of domestic division in America. America must find it's way back to sanity and start to pull together.
This certainly calls for the elimination of the Trump problem.
We have the 14th Amendment to keep him out, but will need Democrats in control of Congress on 1.6.25 to enforce it.
Ummm… yeah.

OH WAIT, remind me, what are the members of SCOTUS names again and who appointed them? I seem to recall something about a strict constructionist bent on the court or some such.

I will admit, you’re a GAMBLER.

Know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run, you NEVER COUNT YOUR WINNINGS WHEN YOU’RE SITTING AT THE TABLE” — Kenny Rogers
SCOTUS doesn't certify elections -- Congress does.
Which branch has responsibility for interpreting CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS when, for example, a candidates eligibility for the Presidency is challenged based on the 14th AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION?

Come on now, you know better than this.
If you think the SCOTUS can overrule a Congressional certification of an election, why do you think that same SCOTUS didn't do that in 2021? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back