No 1st amendment in Tenn, pubs bully gays

Those are adults and children.

Teenage couples before either participant has reached the age of consent, or after one has but the other has not, may engage in consensual sexual conduct as part of an intimate relationship.

Romeo and Juliet Law Law & Legal Definition

No, they aren't. A large percentage of states say the age difference is not applicable (so there doesn't have to be a minimum age difference) and there is no minimum age to prosecute. These are specific to cases where both are underage.
"Minimum Age of Defendant to Prosecute This is the age below which an individual cannot be prosecuted for engaging in sexual activities with minors. .....Not Applicable

NotesIt is illegal to engage in a sexual penetration with someone who is less than 16 years of age.
Statutory Rape Summary Summary of the various statutory rape offenses for this state.

Third-degree criminal sexual conduct is sexual penetration with someone between age 13 and 16.Statutory Rape Law§ 750. 520b et seq.Statutory Rape Penalties Summary of statutory rape penalties for this state.

Up to life in prison

Up to 15 years in prison

Michigan Age of Consent - Age of Consent & Statutory Rape Laws by State

By the way, your selective quote is highly dishonest. This is the context of it:

"Teenage couples before either participant has reached the age of consent, or after one has but the other has not, may engage in consensual sexual conduct as part of an intimate relationship. In such cases, the older of the two participants is technically guilty of rape as any consent between partners, even if freely given, does not meet the standard of law as it is given by a minor. "

"May" engage in consensual sexual conduct does not imply it's legal or imply permission...it's simply stating that kids may engage in sex, which is ILLEGAL, as stated in the next sentence.

And SOME states have developed laws which take that into account and will reduce the criminality/sentencing.....but very few will remove the crime altogether. It's just a way to keep kids out of prison. It isn't an *in* for progressives to *legally* promote sex between children. IT'S STILL ILLEGAL.

From your link:

However, sexual contact with someone who is at least 13 years of age is legal under certain circumstances

"Certain" circumstances are not "all" cirmcumstances, and it very clearly states that there is no minimum age to prosecute, and no age differential necessary for prosecution.

Stop promoting illegal sex between kids...you're lying about the laws, and what you're doing here, in this thread, is illegal.

So what should be the age of consent in any relationship?

The law gets involved when its a minor and an adult. It's a parental issue when it's two minors. I think that's just fine. I wouldn't want an angry mom having my 15 year old hauled off in cuffs because she found out he's having sex with her 15 year old.

No, it's NOT. And you are being highly irresponsible to keep stating that. Angry moms CAN have your 15 year old hauled off in cuffs if they report he's having sex with their 15 year old daughter.

It depends on the state. In any state you'd get laughed out of court.

Wrong again. Kids get convicted of this stuff every single day.

"There are statutes which set forth specific age criteria for certain sexual actions. When a party is underage, sexual activity is still a chargeable offense, even if performed consensually."

And corruption is also a crime:

"Corruption of Minors (18 Pa.C.S. § 6301): by any act corrupting or tending to corrupt the morals of a minor, or aiding, abetting, enticing, or encouraging a minor in the commission of any crime. Note, this crime may apply to non-sexual conduct, but is punished more harshly when the conduct is of a sexual nature."

You might want to think twice before you prance around telling people it's legal for kids to have sex.

http://fairlielaw.net/practice-areas/sex-crimes/#commonly-charged-sex-crimes

Last edited:
No, they aren't. A large percentage of states say the age difference is not applicable (so there doesn't have to be a minimum age difference) and there is no minimum age to prosecute. These are specific to cases where both are underage.
"Minimum Age of Defendant to Prosecute This is the age below which an individual cannot be prosecuted for engaging in sexual activities with minors. .....Not Applicable

NotesIt is illegal to engage in a sexual penetration with someone who is less than 16 years of age.
Statutory Rape Summary Summary of the various statutory rape offenses for this state.

Third-degree criminal sexual conduct is sexual penetration with someone between age 13 and 16.Statutory Rape Law§ 750. 520b et seq.Statutory Rape Penalties Summary of statutory rape penalties for this state.

Up to life in prison

Up to 15 years in prison

Michigan Age of Consent - Age of Consent & Statutory Rape Laws by State

By the way, your selective quote is highly dishonest. This is the context of it:

"Teenage couples before either participant has reached the age of consent, or after one has but the other has not, may engage in consensual sexual conduct as part of an intimate relationship. In such cases, the older of the two participants is technically guilty of rape as any consent between partners, even if freely given, does not meet the standard of law as it is given by a minor. "

"May" engage in consensual sexual conduct does not imply it's legal or imply permission...it's simply stating that kids may engage in sex, which is ILLEGAL, as stated in the next sentence.

And SOME states have developed laws which take that into account and will reduce the criminality/sentencing.....but very few will remove the crime altogether. It's just a way to keep kids out of prison. It isn't an *in* for progressives to *legally* promote sex between children. IT'S STILL ILLEGAL.

From your link:

However, sexual contact with someone who is at least 13 years of age is legal under certain circumstances

"Certain" circumstances are not "all" cirmcumstances, and it very clearly states that there is no minimum age to prosecute, and no age differential necessary for prosecution.

Stop promoting illegal sex between kids...you're lying about the laws, and what you're doing here, in this thread, is illegal.

I'm not arguing for it and you know it. I'm pointing out facts, that's all.

Show me a single state that went after and prosecuted a 15 year old for having sex with another 15 year old.

Teachers' insurance will not protect them from the bad effects if such a bill is passed and a teacher has to become the gay police, and then something bad happens from the teacher doing his "duty". This is bad legislation.

True that.

I can see a lot of potential law suits resulting from legislation like this.

We have the power and growing in numbers to keep the reactionaries and social values far right from passing hateful legislation. They must be punished at every opportunity.

I'm thinking that you would not know a real threat if it bit you in the ass, Jake, let alone who the real enemies of Liberty are. That probably makes you, your own worst enemy, and further, a danger to those around you. That you would wanbt to punish someone for their witness, because you disagree with their perspective or POV, is very disappointing, seriously. What exactly do you consider Hateful Legislation? Is an honest scale hateful, Jake? Is One Person, one vote, hateful, Jake. Is Self Defense hateful? Is Self interest Hateful?

True that.

We have the power and growing in numbers to keep the reactionaries and social values far right from passing hateful legislation. They must be punished at every opportunity.

I'm thinking that you would not know a real threat if it bit you in the ass, Jake, let alone who the real enemies of Liberty are. That probably makes you, your own worst enemy, and further, a danger to those around you. That you would wanbt to punish someone for their witness, because you disagree with their perspective or POV, is very disappointing, seriously. What exactly do you consider Hateful Legislation? Is an honest scale hateful, Jake? Is One Person, one vote, hateful, Jake. Is Self Defense hateful? Is Self interest Hateful?

I know you liberts and free range reactionaries are only concerned about your own "liberties", not the general publics.

Yes, punish is a good word for what happens at the polls when a majority, exercising their electoral, constitutional right to protect themselves from the crazies like you.

"Hateful" is when you hide behind 'valueless libertarianism' with the full intent of doing unto others before they do it unto you. Don't consider your own "self interest" and "self defense" is greater than that decided for the public's good.

So what should be the age of consent in any relationship?

The law gets involved when its a minor and an adult. It's a parental issue when it's two minors. I think that's just fine. I wouldn't want an angry mom having my 15 year old hauled off in cuffs because she found out he's having sex with her 15 year old.

No, it's NOT. And you are being highly irresponsible to keep stating that. Angry moms CAN have your 15 year old hauled off in cuffs if they report he's having sex with their 15 year old daughter.

A 15 year old can be charged with a sex crime, but its not a crime for 2 minors to engage in sex. If you feel this strongly, maybe you should start a petition and make it a crime in your state.

Typical Ludd propaganda garbage designed to enflame and enrage.

The first link is from the "Huff Post Gay Voices" section. It is not news, it is commentary.

The second link, from Fox News, is simply a NEWS item.

Ludd also fails to disclose that this legislation was previously proposed by the same state lawmaker and was defeated.

So Ludd has now created a "pig pile" on the state of Tennessee, which happens to be a beautiful state with a lot of history, and is a great place to visit and live.

Funny how when I was in school, back in the 60s and early 70s, the word "gay" meant "happy", and homosexuality was never a topic of conversation.

Now homosexuality is used as some sort of "choice" or "lifestyle" that school-age children must explore and talk about and make a decision about.

What a fucked up country we have become.
It's amazing how worked up cons get over other peoples' sex lives.

They like to think about other people and how they get it on.......a lot.

Like what? :lol:

It's Tennessee, the heart of the Bible Belt, what else would you expect? :)

True that.

Read the legislation and the comments that Campfield has made.

For those supporting this bill, you all realize that is has no chance of passing, right?

It had 20 co-sponsors at one time. You sure?

Since the recall petition began for the original sponsor, the co-sponsors have been jumping ship.

Go figure.

All of them and in fact they are now labeling Campfield the KOOK that he is.
Republicans, all of them have backed off.
And why?
Because they NOW KNOW that the old, tired fraud of "BLAME THE QUEERS" does not work anymore.
Just as "It is the ******* fault, all they want is our white women" used to work, very SOON "you gonnah catch the gay if you do not condemn it" will not work.

WELL DUH

A 15 year old can be charged with a sex crime, but its not a crime for 2 minors to engage in sex. If you feel this strongly, maybe you should start a petition and make it a crime in your state.

Yes, it is a crime for 2 minors to engage in sex.

And in the state where the age difference is not applicable, it doesn't matter if they're both 15, or both 14. And wytch's own site states:

"In such cases, the older of the two participants is technically guilty of rape as any consent between partners, even if freely given, does not meet the standard of law as it is given by a minor."

Yes, it is a crime for 2 minors to engage in sex.

And in the state where the age difference is not applicable, it doesn't matter if they're both 15, or both 14. And wytch's own site states:

"In such cases, the older of the two participants is technically guilty of rape as any consent between partners, even if freely given, does not meet the standard of law as it is given by a minor."

And isn't that an absurd crime? Make it a CRIMINAL offense?
Big government at work again. NO conservative supports that.
And in Georgia it is a crime if a 15 year old has sex with a 14 year old. What is the crime?
CHILD MOLESTATION.
The right wing KOOKS have taken over and prosecutors, law enforcement and judges; MOST ALL REPUBLICANS are opposed to all of these "morality" laws.

Forum List

Back