No 1st amendment in Tenn, pubs bully gays

Actually, no. There you go with the hyperbole you hate again.

It's not a witch hunt to report children's sexual orientation to a child's parents. Parents need to be aware of any sexual activity of their children, particularly if it's activity that could result in a child being targeted or killed.

You work off the assumption that all parents of gay children are abusive monsters, and children must be protected FROM their parents. That's ridiculous, and it's not the job of school employees to do that. It IS the job of the school to make sure that parents are informed and up to speed on their child's behavior at school.

What you are missing is that NO SEXUAL ACTIVITY needs to have occurred for the teacher or counselor to turn them in to their parents.

Enough parents ARE abusive to their gay kids for it to be something for the child to disclose not a third party. They know their parents best, don't you think?

Sex on school grounds is required tone reported. Different issue entirely.

What you are missing is that the parents have a right to know of any behavior that their child exhibits that can make them a target.

If the parents are abusive, the school should be reporting them. If they aren't, and they are still withholding information, then their motives are suspect...cultivating a relationship built on *secrets* is the hallmark of abusers who are grooming their victims.

Then let's go after the people targeting them, not the people being targeted.

Should we lock up blacks to protect them from racists? Confine women to their home to protect them from rapists? I fail to see how putting a giant target on someone's head saying "I'm gay" is supposed to protect them people who hate gays?

Unfortunately, if you don't let the parents in on what's going on, there's no opportunity to do that.

Where on earth did I say we should lock up kids who are gay? I didn't. You are making the assumption that gay children need to be protected from their PARENTS...while denying parents the insight they need to protect their children.

Unfortunately, if you don't let the parents in on what's going on, there's no opportunity to do that.

Where on earth did I say we should lock up kids who are gay? I didn't. You are making the assumption that gay children need to be protected from their PARENTS...while denying parents the insight they need to protect their children.

Unless the kid is doing something illegal or against policy, and being gay isn't, the parents should find out when the kid tells them.

Unless the kid is doing something illegal or against policy, and being gay isn't, the parents should find out when the kid tells them.

If they are kissing or making out at the school, is that not inappropriate conduct?

If they are kissing or making out at the school, is that not inappropriate conduct?

Yup, and hetero and homo PDA should be reported to parents with a stiff "tell your knuckle head kids to behave".

So you admit you have no interest in what's in the child's best interests...

Shocker.

I believe Fisk is at #5 and has been as high as #2 amongst historically black universities and is in the top 100 of all universities. WE Dubois was a graduate. Also, Ivy League have always looked to Fisk for their graduate students be it affirmative action or not. Dates back 100 years.
I went to military school in TN in the 60s and received an excellent education. Relatives attended Sewanee in 60s and 70s as my father taught there before we moved to north Atlanta in the late 60s where Dad taught at Emory.

There are plenty of state universities better than Swanee. You are the one with the bias. Like I said, North Carolina has been colleges than Tennessee.

This is why I don't argue with stupid people, they can't follow a simple conversation and can't remember what they post or mean or spell. I can tell Dubya never went to a college, I doubt he made it out of high school.

So if someone hits a letter that is skipped and they miss it in editing, they can't spell! Explain how such an opinion is an intelligent opinion! You went to college in Tennessee and you think that makes you intelligent. I did take an extension course while in the service in North Carolina from a university ranked higher than those Tennessee universities that are called some of the most prestigious in the country.

The best ranking for Sewanee was the Forbes Heinz 57 and there are state universities ranked much higher than 57th. Being ranked 57th in the nation does not make it a prestigious university and consider it's Forbes making that assessment. Moreover, the ranking of the university is only being discussed because you wingnuts brought it up. When I went to college, I majored in Chemistry and the ranking of the university in my major was what I was concerned about, not the ranking of the whole university. My university was ranked 7th in the nation for a Chemistry degree and that's what counts in education, not how the whole university is ranked.

For example, the University of Chicago is ranked 4th in the country, but is the University of Chicago Law School where Obama worked as a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer for 12 years ranked 4th? I seriously doubt if it's the same and in fact it's 5th by the same U.S. News & World Report rankings that I just looked up. Every university doesn't give good degrees in everything and that can include some that are very good in certain fields. Does such logic stop right-wing hacks from claiming Obama never did anything exceptional or cause right-wingers to point out the lack of logic when someone says such things? Of course not, because the truth is never something the right-wingnuts are interested in.

It's you that keeps drifting from the point while claiming to have intelligence. The point is simply does Tennessee have some of the most prestigious universities in the country? In the South, I'd say North Carolina definitely has more prestigious universities than Tennessee. Personally, I do not consider a university ranked 57th as prestigious. 8th is and 17th is, but where would you draw the line, at a hundred? Our state university is ranked 75th and I never considered it prestigious, even when it was ranked 7th in a Chemistry degree. If I was going to Harvard, why would I want to waste my time getting a Chemistry degree there?

Shocker.

Again, I did no such thing. Telling a kids parents that the kid is gay is not in the kid's best interest.

No one should ever out another person, EVER.

Shocker.

Compelling school officials to ‘warn’ parents of their child’s ‘potential homosexuality’ is hateful, offensive, and idiotic – it has nothing to do with the child’s best interests and everything to do with the hate and ignorance conservatives, for the most part, exhibit toward gays.

Shocker.

Again, I did no such thing. Telling a kids parents that the kid is gay is not in the kid's best interest.

If the kid is acting one way at school, and another way at home, I think it's in the child's best interests that his parents be notified. Particularly if he is behaving in a manner that could result in him being targeted.

Again, it's no shocker that you are more interested in hiding information from the parents than you are in actually protecting the child.

Shocker.

Compelling school officials to ‘warn’ parents of their child’s ‘potential homosexuality’ is hateful, offensive, and idiotic – it has nothing to do with the child’s best interests and everything to do with the hate and ignorance conservatives, for the most part, exhibit toward gays.

Oh look, more hyperbole.

I've never said anything about "warning" parents...I don't believe anyone has. The point is that parents need to be informed of their children's actions at school. If teachers aren't willing to include parents and advise them of their children's actions, then the teachers themselves are suspect.

And frankly, the homosexual lobby's meme that a child's *sexuality* should be hidden from his parents is alarming and feeds into the fear that homosexuals have no place in the school room.

There are plenty of state universities better than Swanee. You are the one with the bias. Like I said, North Carolina has been colleges than Tennessee.

This is why I don't argue with stupid people, they can't follow a simple conversation and can't remember what they post or mean or spell. I can tell Dubya never went to a college, I doubt he made it out of high school.

So if someone hits a letter that is skipped and they miss it in editing, they can't spell! Explain how such an opinion is an intelligent opinion! You went to college in Tennessee and you think that makes you intelligent. I did take an extension course while in the service in North Carolina from a university ranked higher than those Tennessee universities that are called some of the most prestigious in the country.

The best ranking for Sewanee was the Forbes Heinz 57 and there are state universities ranked much higher than 57th. Being ranked 57th in the nation does not make it a prestigious university and consider it's Forbes making that assessment. Moreover, the ranking of the university is only being discussed because you wingnuts brought it up. When I went to college, I majored in Chemistry and the ranking of the university in my major was what I was concerned about, not the ranking of the whole university. My university was ranked 7th in the nation for a Chemistry degree and that's what counts in education, not how the whole university is ranked.

For example, the University of Chicago is ranked 4th in the country, but is the University of Chicago Law School where Obama worked as a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer for 12 years ranked 4th? I seriously doubt if it's the same and in fact it's 5th by the same U.S. News & World Report rankings that I just looked up. Every university doesn't give good degrees in everything and that can include some that are very good in certain fields. Does such logic stop right-wing hacks from claiming Obama never did anything exceptional or cause right-wingers to point out the lack of logic when someone says such things? Of course not, because the truth is never something the right-wingnuts are interested in.

It's you that keeps drifting from the point while claiming to have intelligence. The point is simply does Tennessee have some of the most prestigious universities in the country? In the South, I'd say North Carolina definitely has more prestigious universities than Tennessee. Personally, I do not consider a university ranked 57th as prestigious. 8th is and 17th is, but where would you draw the line, at a hundred? Our state university is ranked 75th and I never considered it prestigious, even when it was ranked 7th in a Chemistry degree. If I was going to Harvard, why would I want to waste my time getting a Chemistry degree there?

Never went to college in Tennessee, you took an extension course? To get your GED, great job there bub.

Shocker.

Not sure if I agree with you there. It seems to me parents are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.

I also why you are against people announcing they are gay, should it not be treated as normal. Of course there are those that don't like the boyfriend or girlfriend no matter what, gay or straight.

Last edited:
It's not about them being smart. It's about fostering an environment where *secrets* are kept from parents...by educators who are supposed to be working WITH parents to protect children.

Something smells fishy, when the homosexual lobby insists that children's parents must not be advised of their kids' homosexual identity, in the event the parents are unaware.

It's not about them being smart. It's about fostering an environment where *secrets* are kept from parents...by educators who are supposed to be working WITH parents to protect children.

Something smells fishy, when the homosexual lobby insists that children's parents must not be advised of their kids' homosexual identity, in the event the parents are unaware.

True, I always had open communication with my kids and it worked well for us.

The school is the not cultural or social or religious or political thought police for the parents.

Neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality are criminal offenses. Let the law pass (which it won't), and the state SCOTUS will toss it out.

Forum List

Back