🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

no big deal just get your voters ID ... RIGHT ??? it won't cost ya

If you live in one of "those" states, expect those fees to keep climbing. Also expect the excuses to take away drivers licences to increase.

It has always been exclusively about suppressing the poor vote, because that is how fascism operates.

Dear God, another "I have no clue how the real world works, but that doesn't stop me from 'brilliant' conspiracy theories about it!" post.

Dumbass, taking away drivers' licenses does NOTHING to suppress votes, because as any adult with two brain cells to rub together - not you, in other words - knows, every state in the country provides state ID cards for those who cannot or do not drive. They are not allowed to leave their legal citizens without recourse for legal identification, moron.

Now say "duhhhh" like a good fool and toddle off to put your tinfoil hat away.

its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.

I call bullshit.
of course you would ... what else have ya got

its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.

Its rather interesting that right wingers bitch about the ACA mandate to purchase insurance, but are fine with the mandate that one has to get a government issued license to exercise the basic right to vote.

It's rather interesting that leftists think $12 for a state ID is comparable to $300+ a month for insurance. It's also interesting that leftists can't tell the difference between "You can have an ID and vote, or choose not to vote" and "You MUST buy health insurance! You have no choice!"

Apparently now any time there are rules for anything, leftist imbeciles are going to try to draw a parallel to mandates.
why don't you take your words of wisdom to the health care thread were they would be interested in your words of wisdom ...

now what the post is about ... its about legal citizens have to travel long distances to get their voters ID ... its not about illegal voting ... its not about health care ... its not about illegals coming over the boarder ... its about a legal voter having a hard time getting voters ID card... I realize you people on the right believe this is a must.... fine !!!! I agree its a must... so my question to you again, why do they make it so hard for legal voters to get a voter ID card in a state that has a republican governor ... in my state that requires a voters ID card you can go to any city in our state at any time of the day, when they are open 8 to 5 and get your voters ID ... why do states who have republican governors shut down the voter ID places where they get their ID's in the counties that are know as a democrats voting block ... why do they do that ...when we dems have conceded to the notion that we need voters ID ... why do they shut it down then claim its because they don't have the money to pay for it to be open and for some reason they have plenty of money in know republican counties, can you republicans explain that???

If you live in one of "those" states, expect those fees to keep climbing. Also expect the excuses to take away drivers licences to increase.

It has always been exclusively about suppressing the poor vote, because that is how fascism operates.

Dear God, another "I have no clue how the real world works, but that doesn't stop me from 'brilliant' conspiracy theories about it!" post.

Dumbass, taking away drivers' licenses does NOTHING to suppress votes, because as any adult with two brain cells to rub together - not you, in other words - knows, every state in the country provides state ID cards for those who cannot or do not drive. They are not allowed to leave their legal citizens without recourse for legal identification, moron.

heres a duh moment for you ...where do you get this notion that you gan get a state Id card anytime you want ... this shows us your stupidity ... many stats have closed down these offices where you get a state ID ... you have to travel long distances to get to and office that is open ... and mister DUHHH, why are these offices shut down in a election year MR. duh ... why are these offices shut down in a Democrat counties and they are open in a republican counties Mr. Duh, can you explain that one... MR. DUH!!!

This is all Republicans have left, stop American democracy from functioning. Democracy does not work for them any more, so they want to end democracy rather than make a few adjustments to their political views.

These are the very people that wail about 'the Constitution' but at every chance they do their best to get rid of the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution.

Yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is what democracy is all about.

You're a joke. You know that, don't you?
your the joke here ... the post is about why do they make it so hard to get you voters Id ... we meaning us .... dems have said ok voters id is fine ..so why are states who are run by republican governors shut down the offices in know democrats voting block .... why do they do that ... when it is the republicans who demand we have a voters ID ...so we comply to what you're asking ...why we are forced to find someone to take you where you can apply for a voters ID ... why is that ???

heres a duh moment for you ...where do you get this notion that you gan get a state Id card anytime you want ... this shows us your stupidity ... many stats have closed down these offices where you get a state ID ... you have to travel long distances to get to and office that is open ... and mister DUHHH, why are these offices shut down in a election year MR. duh ... why are these offices shut down in a Democrat counties and they are open in a republican counties Mr. Duh, can you explain that one... MR. DUH!!!
Not sure about other states but alabama has mobile units that go around during election cycles to make sure people have ID's.

Not sure about other states but alabama has mobile units that go around during election cycles to make sure people have ID's.
thats sounds good to me ... no other states that I know of does this .... I'm still curious here ... I believe it was Alabama who has shut down offices in know demcrats counties I'll check but I kind of remember that ... the governor said it was due to having money to pay for those offices to be open .... my question to you is this all over the state or just in certain counties ???

P.S.
heres what I discoverd on the Alabama web site about the mobile voters ID

Mobile ID Locations
March 19, 2016
BARBOUR COUNTY
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Clio Voter Drive, City Hall, 3311 Elamville Street, Clio, AL 36017

March 21, 2016
BIBB COUNTY
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - League of Women Voters Event, Mt. Sinai A.M.E. Church, 64 Chestnut Street, Centreville, AL 35042

it says they can only get it in these two areas ... and the first area is only open 2 hours ....the second area is only open 5 hours ... so I was wonder here, were you saying this to say they have easy access to get a ID all over the state, or were you not informed on how many places you can get a Voters ID ... In my opinion this is unacceptable ... if you are going to demand a Voters Id thats fine, I haven't any problem with that ... what I'm saying if this is required to have when you vote then ever city should have a office in that state thats open from 8 to 5 monday through friday in a election years only ... then I would say its fair to make people to have voters id, as I understand it through the research that Ive done about Alabama, Alabama is one of the biggest offenders of shutting down voter id offices in know democrat counties ... so you only proved to me is that you don't really understand whats going on in your state

Last edited:
oh yes thats only two dayse out of the whole year that its being done for a total 7 hours for the entire year ... that is not acceptable to me

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
the real terrifying words in the english language is I from the republican party and I'm here to fix that regulation in that government program .... which is design to causes government program to fail ...

thats sounds good to me ... no other states that I know of does this .... I'm still curious here ... I believe it was Alabama who has shut down offices in know demcrats counties I'll check but I kind of remember that ... the governor said it was due to having money to pay for those offices to be open .... my question to you is this all over the state or just in certain counties ???

P.S.

Mobile ID Locations
March 19, 2016
BARBOUR COUNTY
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Clio Voter Drive, City Hall, 3311 Elamville Street, Clio, AL 36017

March 21, 2016
BIBB COUNTY
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - League of Women Voters Event, Mt. Sinai A.M.E. Church, 64 Chestnut Street, Centreville, AL 35042

it says they can only get it in these two areas ... and the first area is only open 2 hours ....the second area is only open 5 hours ... so I was wonder here, were you saying this to say they have easy access to get a ID all over the state, or were you not informed on how many places you can get a Voters ID ... In my opinion this is unacceptable ... if you are going to demand a Voters Id thats fine, I haven't any problem with that ... what I'm saying if this is required to have when you vote then ever city should have a office in that state thats open from 8 to 5 monday through friday in a election years only ... then I would say its fair to make people to have voters id, as I understand it through the research that Ive done about Alabama, Alabama is one of the biggest offenders of shutting down voter id offices in know democrat counties ... so you only proved to me is that you don't really understand whats going on in your state
The DMV in my home town was shut down as well. The voter demographic for the county is 68% Republican to 23% Democrat. So ....

The Republicans here in NC have done everything to make voting more difficult, the rightwing cracker bible thumping governor and his republican cracker controlled legislature are up for election this year and it doesn't look good for them, there are still challenges in the court since what they instituted is in effect, a poll tax

Billy...

I have a serious question for you...

Why is it that the Democrats pull this ID shit every election (when we all know everybody needs one for housing, public assistance, medical care, or getting a job), then turn right around after the election and forget about it???

Do you really have the attitude of "Thanks for your vote, now you can just go die under a bridge for all we care!!!"????

I'm starting to think so, since the Democrats don't seem to give a rat's ass about those people having an ID unless there are votes involved....

Here's a news flash: The Dems can't win without the illegals voting. An ID should be necessary restricted act. Voting in a Federal Election is restricted to US Citizens over 18 yrs of age.

My, my....

Guess she lives in a cardboard box without food or medical care, since housing, Social Security, Medicare, and Food Stamps all require a photo ID....

You Democrats should really do something to help your base with that....

First, they should quit lying.
Of course he's worried about climate change. It's getting harder and harder for him to know which way the wind blowers before making any decision

I call bullshit.
of course you would ... what else have ya got

If reality isn't enough for you, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

I don't know Ethelene Douglas or what her situation is, but having gotten all the necessary ID that an adult normally has - with the exception of a passport - several times over the last 30+ years, I can tell you that it does not and never has required any physical trips out-of-state or large outlays of money. Moreover, I have also had occasion to aquire certain pieces of identification such as a birth certificate for my late father, who was born in 1928 in rural Tennessee, a place and time period not known for stellar official recordkeeping, and I am hard-pressed to envision any unusual circumstances that could be surrounding Ethelene's birth that would be as problematic as she describes. Even if I give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it's true, I still am not going to accept the idea that the same is true of large numbers of people in North Carolina. I also am extremely skeptical that there are hundreds of thousands of legal citizens in that state who do not need and have never needed official ID for anything in their lives EXCEPT voting. That would require gullibility of the level of . . . yours.

Its rather interesting that right wingers bitch about the ACA mandate to purchase insurance, but are fine with the mandate that one has to get a government issued license to exercise the basic right to vote.

It's rather interesting that leftists think $12 for a state ID is comparable to $300+ a month for insurance. It's also interesting that leftists can't tell the difference between "You can have an ID and vote, or choose not to vote" and "You MUST buy health insurance! You have no choice!"

Apparently now any time there are rules for anything, leftist imbeciles are going to try to draw a parallel to mandates.
why don't you take your words of wisdom to the health care thread were they would be interested in your words of wisdom ...

now what the post is about ... its about legal citizens have to travel long distances to get their voters ID ... its not about illegal voting ... its not about health care ... its not about illegals coming over the boarder ... its about a legal voter having a hard time getting voters ID card... I realize you people on the right believe this is a must.... fine !!!! I agree its a must... so my question to you again, why do they make it so hard for legal voters to get a voter ID card in a state that has a republican governor ... in my state that requires a voters ID card you can go to any city in our state at any time of the day, when they are open 8 to 5 and get your voters ID ... why do states who have republican governors shut down the voter ID places where they get their ID's in the counties that are know as a democrats voting block ... why do they do that ...when we dems have conceded to the notion that we need voters ID ... why do they shut it down then claim its because they don't have the money to pay for it to be open and for some reason they have plenty of money in know republican counties, can you republicans explain that???

I read this woman's story, and I again call bullshit.

First of all, what the hell were she and her niece thinking, just hopping in a car and DRIVING to South Carolina without first calling ahead and finding out what would be required? Or getting on a fucking computer and looking it up? I just did it, and within ten seconds, found the website for Dillon, South Carolina's Department of Vital Statistics, the fact that records before a certain year were kept at the state capital's Bureau of Vital Statistics, THEIR website, and the info on what would be required and a phone number if I needed further help. At no time should this quest have taken an actual, physical trip anywhere.

Second of all, you're telling me that this woman does not have a SINGLE piece of ID of any sort, and never has had in her entire life? How in the hell is she living her life? They don't even require a driver's license; they'll take a SCHOOL ID, or an employer ID. Anything.

Third, WHO told her to get her marriage certificate, and why? And how the hell did she get a marriage certificate without any sort of ID? And why did she keep physically trekking down to the DMV when she knew she didn't have what they were asking for? THEY have a website and telephone number, too.

Fourth, had they bothered to check the website for South Carolina's Bureau of Vital Statistics, they would have known that they could get the ID verification needed for her birth certificate through VitalChek without ever going anywhere. And DON'T give me "didn't have a computer" as an excuse. Every library in America has computer access to the public for EXACTLY this purpose.

So yeah, I'm calling bullshit. I could have had this bitch's ID for her in an afternoon.

I get the notion from the fact that I've gotten a state ID, and I currently have a valid driver's license. It's not fucking rocket magic, Chuckles. Three-toothed droolers from the bayou can figure out how to get driver's licenses. Teenagers manage it all the time.

Also, I know that these computers you and I are using to communicate right now? They do more than letting people search porn and post blithering nonsense on message boards. They're also connected to government agencies and their websites, at which you can access all manner of information to expedite your interactions with said government agencies. Even Ethelene "I live on a mountaintop and never interact with the modern world" Douglas doesn't claim there's no DMV near her.

You want to claim that there are 218,000 people in North Carolina who have no access to a DMV office anywhere near them? Prove it.

Dumbass.

This is all Republicans have left, stop American democracy from functioning. Democracy does not work for them any more, so they want to end democracy rather than make a few adjustments to their political views.

These are the very people that wail about 'the Constitution' but at every chance they do their best to get rid of the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution.

Yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is what democracy is all about.

You're a joke. You know that, don't you?
your the joke here ... the post is about why do they make it so hard to get you voters Id ... we meaning us .... dems have said ok voters id is fine ..so why are states who are run by republican governors shut down the offices in know democrats voting block .... why do they do that ... when it is the republicans who demand we have a voters ID ...so we comply to what you're asking ...why we are forced to find someone to take you where you can apply for a voters ID ... why is that ???

It's not hard, moron. North Carolina has the same laws and requirements that Arizona does, and we've been managing to vote and live our lives just fine for some time now. Are there people in Arizona who are disenfranchised by having to have valid ID? Yeah, they're called "illegal immigrants", and they're not supposed to be enfranchised in the first place.

I assume she's "forced" to find people to take her places because she's old and can't drive. In which case, life sucks for her a lot more than just wanting to vote, and it's not really something the government can or should try to fix.

P.S.

Mobile ID Locations
March 19, 2016
BARBOUR COUNTY

March 21, 2016
BIBB COUNTY

The DMV in my home town was shut down as well. The voter demographic for the county is 68% Republican to 23% Democrat. So ....

So you're telling me that you have no way of acquiring a driver's license, and everyone in your town simply drives illegally and never produces ID for any of the dozens of things other people use them for routinely? Bullshit.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
the real terrifying words in the english language is I from the republican party and I'm here to fix that regulation in that government program .... which is design to causes government program to fail ...

P.S.

Mobile ID Locations
March 19, 2016
BARBOUR COUNTY

March 21, 2016
BIBB COUNTY

So you're telling me that you have no way of acquiring a driver's license, and everyone in your town simply drives illegally and never produces ID for any of the dozens of things other people use them for routinely? Bullshit.
No an assumption was made that the DMV offices were closed down in areas that vote predominantly Democratic that is not the case as I have shown. I said nothing about not being able to obtain an ID.

Forum List

Back