🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

no big deal just get your voters ID ... RIGHT ??? it won't cost ya

US Customs and Border Protection denied my US military ID at the Canadian border. Fortunately, I had my passport with me, and they accepted that.

The reason the customs agent gave me for denying my US military ID was that we have a lot of foreigners serving in the US military, which is true.

But if you are in the US military, then you are allowed into the US!

When I made that point, the customs agent started to get very pissy with me.

its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.
And many of them will not take a U.S. Military I.D. They hate military veterans.
Really????

If you're in the military, you have an ID and a pay voucher (not to mention a bank account, since your pay is DIRECT DEPOSIT)...

Looks like those documents are accepted by everybody!!!
Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws
According to your own link, only 15 states accept Military ID to vote. That's a far cry from "everybody". Bodecea was correct when saying, "And many of them will not take U.S. Military I.D."
Gee, isn't a Military ID an official US Government ID???

Those listings count too (unless you think a Military ID is issued by the Girl Scouts, Dumbass).....

US Customs and Border Protection denied my US military ID at the Canadian border. Fortunately, I had my passport with me, and they accepted that.
Really???

Maybe you should take that up with Obungles, since he's calling the shots with that Department (as evidenced by his order to the Border Patrol to HELP illegals stay here)...

Or are you such an ornery old cuss that your own POS President doesn't want you, and wants to replace you with "Pedro"????

its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.

I call bullshit.

I notice the Voter ID rubes are afraid to answer the question about the REAL purpose of Voter ID, since it has been made blazingly clear on this forum over the past five years that Voter ID has not stopped, and could not stop, a single case of voter fraud provided as evidence by the rubes we need Voter ID.

They are stuck in some bizarro mental rut where having their evidence shredded every single time makes not the slightest impact on their limited cognition.

To make sure only citizens vote and vote only once an election.
Voter ID has not stopped the types of fraud which occur. This has been proven over and over and over and over again on this forum. Every single time you idiots provide an example of fraud as evidence we need Voter ID, it has been shown to you tards that the fraud could not be stopped by Voter ID.

Every single case of a voter voting more than once was achieved by absentee ballot or by a crooked poll worker. Go ahead and explain how Voter ID will stop that while we all have a good laugh at your stupidity.

And the certification of citizenship is done during registration, retard. Not on Election Day at the voting booth. If non-citizens are slipping through, then you need to fix the REGISTRATION process, not add another layer which is completely useless and can also be screwed up.

You dumbshits are asking for MOAR government involvement in the exercising of your rights for a government program which is a total waste of taxpayer dollars.

You know what I call such people? Liberals.

So you want a magic cure-all, awesome. Go hunt unicorns. Meanwhile, we can take a common sense approach to keeping the ballot itself legitimate. Interesting liberals want to increase the length of absentee balloting time allowance. According to you that increases fraud...

That's pure bullshit. You can get a driver's license with a birth certificate and a utility bill in almost every state I've ever been in. To get a birth certificate all you have to do is call up the hospital where you were born. They will send it to you. It doesn't require travel of any kind.

You don't even have to get a driver's license, if you don't want to drive or take the driving test. Every state in the Union issues state ID cards for people who don't drive.

And yeah, I've had to get replacement birth certificates a couple of times, but I was born in Monroe County, Indiana, and my family moved out west when I was a baby. I've never been near the place myself. These days, it's easier than falling off a log to simply order a copy of the birth certificate on the county government's website, but even when I was a teenager, it simply involved calling them and having them send a form to fill out and return.

You also forgot to mention it unfairly affects felons,, illegal aliens, imaginary people, those who want to vote more than once, and dead people other demographics that tend to vote Democrat.

Yes the far left drones put up two old white people and calls it diversity!

Trump n kasich?

Cause the dems have a Jew and woman running . That'd be100% diversity ticket.

And not everyone lives in the city they were born in.

I've never lived in the city I was born in, retard, yet somehow I've managed to vote in every election I've ever been eligible for, AND get successfully carded in bars and stores, AND cash checks, AND just about every other thing one ever needs ID for. It's almost like living in a different city than your birth city is no impediment to life at all for the average responsible adult, and you're just making bullshit excuses.

That's pure bullshit. You can get a driver's license with a birth certificate and a utility bill in almost every state I've ever been in. To get a birth certificate all you have to do is call up the hospital where you were born. They will send it to you. It doesn't require travel of any kind.

You don't even have to get a driver's license, if you don't want to drive or take the driving test. Every state in the Union issues state ID cards for people who don't drive.

And yeah, I've had to get replacement birth certificates a couple of times, but I was born in Monroe County, Indiana, and my family moved out west when I was a baby. I've never been near the place myself. These days, it's easier than falling off a log to simply order a copy of the birth certificate on the county government's website, but even when I was a teenager, it simply involved calling them and having them send a form to fill out and return.

I don't even recall filling out a form. They asked me some questions over the phone and took my billing information over the phone. I retrieved the BC in a couple of days by FEDEX.

Then why can't u vote wh those same identifiers ?

Same reason you can't buy alcohol at the gas station with them.

This is all Republicans have left, stop American democracy from functioning. Democracy does not work for them any more, so they want to end democracy rather than make a few adjustments to their political views.

These are the very people that wail about 'the Constitution' but at every chance they do their best to get rid of the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution.

I don't even recall filling out a form. They asked me some questions over the phone and took my billing information over the phone. I retrieved the BC in a couple of days by FEDEX.

I suspect I'm somewhat older than you are, and I requested my first duplicate BC when I was 15, back in the mid-80s somewhere. Monroe County required a form. :)

This is all Republicans have left, stop American democracy from functioning. Democracy does not work for them any more, so they want to end democracy rather than make a few adjustments to their political views.

These are the very people that wail about 'the Constitution' but at every chance they do their best to get rid of the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution.

Yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is what democracy is all about.

You're a joke. You know that, don't you?

I suspect I'm somewhat older than you are, and I requested my first duplicate BC when I was 15, back in the mid-80s somewhere. Monroe County required a form. :)

I had to do it about 15 years ago. I was born in Boston, but we moved when I as 6 months old. I haven't lived there since.

Yeah, because allowing illegal aliens and dead people to vote is what democracy is all about.

You're a joke. You know that, don't you?

Post a list of the voter fraud cases for the last ten years and a list of 'dead' people that have voted.

Tickety tick tock. The twit ran up the clock.

Why would anyone apply in person without calling first? You're asking us to believe these people are so incompetent they can't perform the simplest tasks. Furthermore, to validate that you are indeed the correct person, they just ask you a few questions, like what was your mother's maiden name.
What is the REAL purpose of Voter ID? Hmmmm?

To prevent voter fraud.
It doesn't. As has been demonstrated countless times.

So what is its REAL purpose, other than to waste a lot of taxpayer time and money?

Nothing of the sort has ever been demonstrated.

Of course not. Like I always say... who the hell doesn't have an ID? You cannot function in life without one.

True. I don't get asked for my ID often, since I don't need it for proof of age, but I still get asked for proof of identity about once every two weeks or so.

Here's a link to voter caging, which republicans use to keep Black people from voting. Sure, it's a left wing site, but still.... Then another link to the discrepancy between exit polls vs the final result which allowed the winner, Kerry, to lose in Ohio, and therefore, the election for President. Read it and weep or cheer, depending on your party affiliation. Republicans aren't too happy about Black people voting. Seems that Blacks usually favor the democrat candidate. These are real results vs. the complaint that the undocumented and ex cons vote in sizable numbers, of which there is no proof.

Greg Palast | Investigative Reporter

http://www.electionmathematics.org/em-exitpolls/OH/2004Election/Ohio-Exit-Polls-2004.pdf

Last edited:

Its rather interesting that right wingers bitch about the ACA mandate to purchase insurance, but are fine with the mandate that one has to get a government issued license to exercise the basic right to vote.

It's rather interesting that leftists think $12 for a state ID is comparable to $300+ a month for insurance. It's also interesting that leftists can't tell the difference between "You can have an ID and vote, or choose not to vote" and "You MUST buy health insurance! You have no choice!"

Apparently now any time there are rules for anything, leftist imbeciles are going to try to draw a parallel to mandates.

Forum List

Back