🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

no big deal just get your voters ID ... RIGHT ??? it won't cost ya

its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.
Billy...

I have a serious question for you...

Why is it that the Democrats pull this ID shit every election (when we all know everybody needs one for housing, public assistance, medical care, or getting a job), then turn right around after the election and forget about it???

Do you really have the attitude of "Thanks for your vote, now you can just go die under a bridge for all we care!!!"????

I'm starting to think so, since the Democrats don't seem to give a rat's ass about those people having an ID unless there are votes involved....
its the only way a republican can win and election .... make it harder for a person to vote .... hell its easy to get and ID whats the problem ...

It took Ethelene Douglas two out-of-state trips, four excursions to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the purchase of government documents for $86, over the span of two years, in order to obtain the right identification to vote this week.

In the 85-year-old’s home state of North Carolina, there are about 218,000 registered voters who don’t have a government-issued photo ID that is now required to vote. Not all of them will have Ms. Douglas’ patience – or access to the necessary resources, and as primary voters head to the polls Tuesday, at least 864 voters across the state have already been curtailed by the newly enforced voter ID law during the previous week of early voting.

Opponents of voter-ID laws argue that the requirements unfairly affect minorities, students, and low-income residents – demographics that are much more likely to vote Democrat than Republican.
Here's a news flash: The Dems can't win without the illegals voting. An ID should be necessary restricted act. Voting in a Federal Election is restricted to US Citizens over 18 yrs of age.

Where's a link to all these thousands of illegals who were caught voting?

Billy...

Why is it that the Democrats pull this ID shit every election (when we all know everybody needs one for housing, public assistance, medical care, or getting a job), then turn right around after the election and forget about it???

Do you really have the attitude of "Thanks for your vote, now you can just go die under a bridge for all we care!!!"????

I'm starting to think so, since the Democrats don't seem to give a rat's ass about those people having an ID unless there are votes involved....

Here's a news flash: The Dems can't win without the illegals voting. An ID should be necessary restricted act. Voting in a Federal Election is restricted to US Citizens over 18 yrs of age.

You can't catch them without an ID. How would you know who they really are if they don't have to present ID?

Billy...

they won't find one its just in their heads ... they will show you a web site with maybe 6 people they have caught and thats it ...

Last edited:

Billy...

You can't catch them without an ID. How would you know who they really are if they don't have to present ID?
bripat again thats not what the article is about ... I've said clearly OK we will accept your voters ID plan ... I've said this more the 8 times that I can fine ... what Ive asked and you failed more then once in this question ... why do states who have republican governors shut down Voter ID office ever election in know democrats counties every time claiming its do to budget restrains but they seem to have them open in all republican counties... so far all of you went off on a tangent why they must have a voters ID cards which I agreed to they do ... then you made stupid statements just like you have here more the once and yet none of you have answered the question ....

If you live in one of "those" states, expect those fees to keep climbing. Also expect the excuses to take away drivers licences to increase.

It has always been exclusively about suppressing the poor vote, because that is how fascism operates.

Dear God, another "I have no clue how the real world works, but that doesn't stop me from 'brilliant' conspiracy theories about it!" post.

Dumbass, taking away drivers' licenses does NOTHING to suppress votes, because as any adult with two brain cells to rub together - not you, in other words - knows, every state in the country provides state ID cards for those who cannot or do not drive. They are not allowed to leave their legal citizens without recourse for legal identification, moron.

Now say "duhhhh" like a good fool and toddle off to put your tinfoil hat away.
heres a duh moment for you ...where do you get this notion that you gan get a state Id card anytime you want ... this shows us your stupidity ... many stats have closed down these offices where you get a state ID ... you have to travel long distances to get to and office that is open ... and mister DUHHH, why are these offices shut down in a election year MR. duh ... why are these offices shut down in a Democrat counties and they are open in a republican counties Mr. Duh, can you explain that one... MR. DUH!!!
Not sure about other states but alabama has mobile units that go around during election cycles to make sure people have ID's.
thats sounds good to me ... no other states that I know of does this .... I'm still curious here ... I believe it was Alabama who has shut down offices in know demcrats counties I'll check but I kind of remember that ... the governor said it was due to having money to pay for those offices to be open .... my question to you is this all over the state or just in certain counties ???

P.S.
heres what I discoverd on the Alabama web site about the mobile voters ID

Mobile ID Locations
March 19, 2016
BARBOUR COUNTY
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Clio Voter Drive, City Hall, 3311 Elamville Street, Clio, AL 36017

March 21, 2016
BIBB COUNTY
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - League of Women Voters Event, Mt. Sinai A.M.E. Church, 64 Chestnut Street, Centreville, AL 35042

it says they can only get it in these two areas ... and the first area is only open 2 hours ....the second area is only open 5 hours ... so I was wonder here, were you saying this to say they have easy access to get a ID all over the state, or were you not informed on how many places you can get a Voters ID ... In my opinion this is unacceptable ... if you are going to demand a Voters Id thats fine, I haven't any problem with that ... what I'm saying if this is required to have when you vote then ever city should have a office in that state thats open from 8 to 5 monday through friday in a election years only ... then I would say its fair to make people to have voters id, as I understand it through the research that Ive done about Alabama, Alabama is one of the biggest offenders of shutting down voter id offices in know democrat counties ... so you only proved to me is that you don't really understand whats going on in your state
The DMV in my home town was shut down as well. The voter demographic for the county is 68% Republican to 23% Democrat. So ....
do you have a source for this statement ??? because I found just the opposite my source to come later

heres is what I found ....
Last year, Alabama began enforcing a controversial voter ID law that disenfranchised hundreds of otherwise eligible voters who lacked the proper documents. This month, the state plans to close 31 driver’s license offices — most of them in rural, impoverished, majority-black counties — making it even harder for residents to get the most common form of ID used to vote.

During Tuesday’s event, Sewell noted that her own district is losing nearly half of its DMVs, especially in counties with the largest registered African American voting population. Meanwhile, across the state, an estimated 250,000 eligible voters lack the proper ID, according to Alabama officials, and fewer than 7,000 of them have obtained a free state ID since the law went into effect.

again why don't they open all offices in a voting year then shut it down after the election ...once they all get their free Id all 250,000 of them then I would say fine do what you need

Last edited:

Billy...

heres a thought can you comprehend is the real question ... I've said I haven't any problem with people have a voters Id ... never said anything about illegals... I said clearly why do they make it so hard for legal, that league, not illegal but legal voters, for those of you who can't comprehend why do they make it so hard to get one ... now pay attention to what I asked cutter

That's pure bullshit. You can get a driver's license with a birth certificate and a utility bill in almost every state I've ever been in. To get a birth certificate all you have to do is call up the hospital where you were born. They will send it to you. It doesn't require travel of any kind.

Actually ^^THAT^^ is bullshit.

In order to get a DL you have to produce your SS number.
In many states, if you are transferring your license you must also produce your previous license.

That would be easy enough, in and of itself, except in cases where it was lost or stolen and you did not replace due to an upcoming move out of state. Or if it was lost in the process if a move out of state.

In lieu of the license, you may have to produce a certified copy of your driving record.
If your previous state has incorrect records that complicate your ability to get your new license, you may have to travel back to the state to seek redress. This might not be a simple day trip.

I had to actually go through this nightmare scenario several years ago when I moved back to my home state from across the country. My out-of-state license, along with the rest of my general ID documents, was buried deep among a great many things that went into storage. This was an accident, but initially I could not figure out what had happened to it. Fortunately I was able to knock on my parents' door and use their copy of my BC. When I went to get my license I was shut down because I did not have anything verifying my SS number. This, despite the fact that I had been in the state's system already for 15 years and had never needed any such special documentation before.

A return trip, after obtaining a new SS card, resulted in the new predicament of being told that I had to first replace my old out-of-state license before I could obtain an in-state license. After much protesting I was informed that I could simply request a copy of my driving record, and that they would even contact the DMV right here and now for me to request one. Great, except that the old DMV would not send a copy of my driving record from an over the phone request. Privacy concerns, they said. I had to appear in person. From 2000 miles out of state.

Of course, any cop can run my license any time, from the front seat of his fucking police cruiser.

After several calls to multiple DMV locations in the old state I call the main office for the DMV in the new state. They finally inform me that the local branch is mistaken about needing the paper copy and that they can indeed look it up themselves. Oh gee, look at that. A government agency that is showing it's ass with incompetence. I never would have expected that to happen.

So I return to the new DMV once again, and after being given the same routine I call the main office again, and on speaker phone I am told once again that the local office can look up the information. I tell the main office to that I'm here in front of so-and-so at the such-and-such location who is hearing her on speaker but doesn't appear to be willing to cooperate, so please have your supervisors call her supervisors.....

Suddenly they can look it up. I think the finish line is in sight. It would appear that the finish line is in sight.

Then I find out that the old state has suspended my license. Allegedly for an unpaid traffic ticket. A ticket which I had taken to court and was found not guilty, thus was not required to pay. Here we go again.

I contact the old DMV again. They inform me that I have to get paperwork from the court showing that the case was disposed of. I then call the court. There is absolutely zero option to speak with someone via telephone. The line answers with a recorded message that tells that all matters require appearance. From 2000 miles away.

I write a letter to the court. No response after 6 months. Call the old DMV, nothing has changed.

I call the main office of the new DMV to explain the situation. They say there is nothing they can do, these are the requirements.

I go into the local office, and manage to get my first stroke of luck in the whole thing. The local office can't help me, but they give me the phone number to a particular department that handles incoming information from other states. I call, and explain the situation. She agrees to call the court herself while I hold. After 15 minutes she comes back and tells me that since she cannot make contact with anyone whatsoever who can even confirm, much less deny, that the ticket is still open and unpaid, she's going to administratively clear the bar on my license. Finally, I am able to obtain my new ID.

All time spent, nearly two and one half years of administrative fuckery.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
the real terrifying words in the english language is I from the republican party and I'm here to fix that regulation in that government program .... which is design to causes government program to fail ...
Fix over regulations is more like it.
Under Obama, 11,327 Pages of Federal Regulations Added
those were in a 3 a year period ...so that would be 1 regulation ever day so what your point ??? you don't like regulations ??? you know, like the ones they put back on so they can't break the banking system again ... those regulation ??? or the regulations they put back for water, air, and soil... you don't care about those regulations ??? or building houses and corporations ... where they now are supposed to ignore building codes ... do we ignore all of those regulations ... what regulations are you mad about ??? or are you just seeing this shiny objects the republican dangle in voters faces telling Dems or or even worse obamas passed them, which by they way Obama can't pass a regulation only the congress can ... don't forget the republican have majority in the congress, so I would tell you those 11,327 regulations that your not fond of were passed by republicans not obama they passed ... again they don't say what they are do they ... they just want you to be angry that these laws that the republicans passed were obamas legislation right ...so now you're angry at obama cause thats what they told you to do ... priceless they seem to get stupider ever day

That's pure bullshit. You can get a driver's license with a birth certificate and a utility bill in almost every state I've ever been in. To get a birth certificate all you have to do is call up the hospital where you were born. They will send it to you. It doesn't require travel of any kind.

Actually ^^THAT^^ is bullshit.

In order to get a DL you have to produce your SS number.
In many states, if you are transferring your license you must also produce your previous license.

That would be easy enough, in and of itself, except in cases where it was lost or stolen and you did not replace due to an upcoming move out of state. Or if it was lost in the process if a move out of state.

In lieu of the license, you may have to produce a certified copy of your driving record.
If your previous state has incorrect records that complicate your ability to get your new license, you may have to travel back to the state to seek redress. This might not be a simple day trip.

I had to actually go through this nightmare scenario several years ago when I moved back to my home state from across the country. My out-of-state license, along with the rest of my general ID documents, was buried deep among a great many things that went into storage. This was an accident, but initially I could not figure out what had happened to it. Fortunately I was able to knock on my parents' door and use their copy of my BC. When I went to get my license I was shut down because I did not have anything verifying my SS number. This, despite the fact that I had been in the state's system already for 15 years and had never needed any such special documentation before.

A return trip, after obtaining a new SS card, resulted in the new predicament of being told that I had to first replace my old out-of-state license before I could obtain an in-state license. After much protesting I was informed that I could simply request a copy of my driving record, and that they would even contact the DMV right here and now for me to request one. Great, except that the old DMV would not send a copy of my driving record from an over the phone request. Privacy concerns, they said. I had to appear in person. From 2000 miles out of state.

Of course, any cop can run my license any time, from the front seat of his fucking police cruiser.

After several calls to multiple DMV locations in the old state I call the main office for the DMV in the new state. They finally inform me that the local branch is mistaken about needing the paper copy and that they can indeed look it up themselves. Oh gee, look at that. A government agency that is showing it's ass with incompetence. I never would have expected that to happen.

So I return to the new DMV once again, and after being given the same routine I call the main office again, and on speaker phone I am told once again that the local office can look up the information. I tell the main office to that I'm here in front of so-and-so at the such-and-such location who is hearing her on speaker but doesn't appear to be willing to cooperate, so please have your supervisors call her supervisors.....

Suddenly they can look it up. I think the finish line is in sight. It would appear that the finish line is in sight.

Then I find out that the old state has suspended my license. Allegedly for an unpaid traffic ticket. A ticket which I had taken to court and was found not guilty, thus was not required to pay. Here we go again.

I contact the old DMV again. They inform me that I have to get paperwork from the court showing that the case was disposed of. I then call the court. There is absolutely zero option to speak with someone via telephone. The line answers with a recorded message that tells that all matters require appearance. From 2000 miles away.

I write a letter to the court. No response after 6 months. Call the old DMV, nothing has changed.

I call the main office of the new DMV to explain the situation. They say there is nothing they can do, these are the requirements.

I go into the local office, and manage to get my first stroke of luck in the whole thing. The local office can't help me, but they give me the phone number to a particular department that handles incoming information from other states. I call, and explain the situation. She agrees to call the court herself while I hold. After 15 minutes she comes back and tells me that since she cannot make contact with anyone whatsoever who can even confirm, much less deny, that the ticket is still open and unpaid, she's going to administratively clear the bar on my license. Finally, I am able to obtain my new ID.

All time spent, nearly two and one half years of administrative fuckery.
So get a state ID in the meantime and use that for voting....

That has nothing at all to do with you driving around on a suspended license.....

So get a state ID in the meantime and use that for voting....

That has nothing at all to do with you driving around on a suspended license.....

They would not issue a state ID until about a year after the whole thing began.

Forum List

Back