No Cake for You

You're making a lot of assumptions. I don't know the religious beliefs of the people in the stores that I frequent every day. Is that something that you keep track of?

My point exactly. And I'm speaking from the owner's perspective, not the customers.

The fact that you think it's a "war" says a lot more about you than it does about "the gays".

The fact you resorted to a genetic argument says more about you that it does your argument. Oops.

The "previous response" is nonsense.

That's it? Surely you can do better than "nonsense."

There's nothing more amusing to me than people who try to claim that they're being persecuted because they can't discriminate against gay people anymore.

There's nothing more amusing to me than people who think that a law can be used to protect only one class of people while being used to punish the other. We call that elitism and/or a double standard.

The fact that you think not discriminating on the basis of orientation is a "punishment" is kinda my whole point.

The fact that you think it is okay to use a law to subvert religious belief is my whole point also. So, it seems we've reached an impasse.

:lol:

Laws "subvert religious beliefs" all the time.

Let's use Islam as an example. Do you support legalizing honor killings in the US?

How about some Old Testament Justice. Should I be allowed to murder my neighbor for wearing a cotton/polyester blend?

How dare those laws get in the way of my religious beliefs!!!

Denying queers Christian-baked wedding cakes is not "discrimination".

Though forcing Christians to bake wedding cakes for queers might be a civil rights violation. Possibly a human rights violation....depending on how severely one opts to "punish" the Christians who refuse to be enslaved to the queers.

Case in point. KG comes through with the "persecution" meme.

I know, it sucks to have your queer persecution meme squished all to hell by reality.

It's funny that you think that's what happened.

Though forcing Christians to bake wedding cakes for queers might be a civil rights violation. Possibly a human rights violation....depending on how severely one opts to "punish" the Christians who refuse to be enslaved to the queers.
Christian baked. Lol, no. Are they operating like a Christian bakery? Why no, they are not.

Actually they were. Go read the news once in a while.

You're making a lot of assumptions. I don't know the religious beliefs of the people in the stores that I frequent every day. Is that something that you keep track of?

My point exactly. And I'm speaking from the owner's perspective, not the customers.

The fact that you think it's a "war" says a lot more about you than it does about "the gays".

The fact you resorted to a genetic argument says more about you that it does your argument. Oops.

There's nothing more amusing to me than people who try to claim that they're being persecuted because they can't discriminate against gay people anymore.

There's nothing more amusing to me than people who think that a law can be used to protect only one class of people while being used to punish the other. We call that elitism and/or a double standard.

The fact that you think not discriminating on the basis of orientation is a "punishment" is kinda my whole point.

The fact that you think it is okay to use a law to subvert religious belief is my whole point also. So, it seems we've reached an impasse.

Let's use Islam as an example. Do you support legalizing honor killings in the US?

How about some Old Testament Justice. Should I be allowed to murder my neighbor for wearing a cotton/polyester blend?

Sure, if you want to believe in stereotypes.

With all due respect, Doc, isn't what you're doing trolling?

Nope.

Care to expound on that, sir? You hurled a genetic argument at me, and then referred to one of my points as 'nonsense' without putting any effort into rebutting it. That came off as trolling to me. Fine, whatever.

I explained exactly why your point was "nonsense" - a baker is not "obligated" to do whatever the customer asks as long as they have money.

That doesn't make any sense. Will you agree that religious beliefs don't trump the law?

Christian baked. Lol, no. Are they operating like a Christian bakery? Why no, they are not.

Actually they were. Go read the news once in a while.
No. The did not advertise as Christian bakers like thoselittle Christian bookstores do. They simply used Christianity to portray themselves as victims.

How about taking down the twin towers in the name of Allah?

I know, it sucks to have your queer persecution meme squished all to hell by reality.

Yes, I'm partial to reality.

Yes, I'm partial to reality.

That doesn't make any sense. Will you agree that religious beliefs don't trump the law?

Then why do you support the far left religion?

I think it's really funny to compare this thread with the hysterical "sharia law" threads.

Isn't that what you just did?

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Because it's funny.

But is isn't an argument. Come on man. If you want comedy go watch the last episodes of Jon Stewart or something. I thought I'd get one serious response from you....

It IS an argument.

It's completely relevant to what we're talking about - that in this country, the law trumps religious beliefs.

I think it's really funny to compare this thread with the hysterical "sharia law" threads.

But is isn't an argument. Come on man. If you want comedy go watch the last episodes of Jon Stewart or something. I thought I'd get one serious response from you....

It IS an argument.

It's completely relevant to what we're talking about - that in this country, the law trumps religious beliefs.

So acting the clown is an argument now. Okay then. So why is there a law or laws protecting religious beliefs then? The RFRA for one, the First Amendment for two.

It IS an argument.

So acting the clown is an argument now. Okay then. So why is there a law or laws protecting religious beliefs then? The RFRA for one, the First Amendment for two.

Let me try to explain this as simply as possible.

Religious beliefs and practices are protected, as long as they don't violate the law.

The law comes first.

Forum List

Back