No Charges Filed Against Mom in Cincinnati Zoo Gorilla Incident

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
I agree with Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters decision to not prosecute the family of the little boy that accidently fell into Harambe's lair but-----but I have to question why Deters referenced smoking (wtf?) crack with this tragic accident?

Melissa Chan

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters: “Had she been in the bathroom smoking crack and letting her kids run around the zoo, that’d be a different story,” he added. “She was being attentive to her children, by all witness accounts.”

I think the bigger question that has to be answered is why doesn't the zoo enclose the exhibit enough to make sure this doesn't happen?

Of course, if it were up to me we wouldn't have zoos in the first place.

I agree with Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters decision to not prosecute the family of the little boy that accidently fell into Harambe's lair but-----but I have to question why Deters referenced smoking (wtf?) crack with this tragic accident?

Melissa Chan

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters: “Had she been in the bathroom smoking crack and letting her kids run around the zoo, that’d be a different story,” he added. “She was being attentive to her children, by all witness accounts.”

In my opinion the crack comment was trying to express had she been neglectful while doing something else like drugs then yeah charges would have been brought, but by all accounts it seem she was not as neglectful to bring charges that would have brought any form of conviction...

Melissa Chan

In my opinion the crack comment was trying to express had she been neglectful while doing something else like drugs then yeah charges would have been brought, but by all accounts it seem she was not as neglectful to bring charges that would have brought any form of conviction...

Meaning nothing that would fill another slot in our for profit prison system. Now, if we as a society had had another shot at bondage for profit off another nonviolent drug offender at $40-50K per year? Yeah, we'd take that deal.

Melissa Chan

I understand what he was getting at but not a wise choice of words. Crack is known to be the drug of choice among Black people even though whites use it equally if not more. if he had said meth instead then maybe that would have been a better since that is the known drug of choice among whites.

It wouldn't have mattered, Obama would have intervened on her behalf, excusing her negligence anyway.

It is the zoos responsibility to ensure a kid can't get into the Gorilla enclosure. They failed miserably

Capture.PNG

How is a 3 foot fence and some bushes supposed to keep a kid out of the moat?

I think the bigger question that has to be answered is why doesn't the zoo enclose the exhibit enough to make sure this doesn't happen?

Of course, if it were up to me we wouldn't have zoos in the first place.
Or they wouldn't be concrete zoo's that are obviously prisons. I hear there are some zoo's that are really nice and the animals live a nice life. America's 10 Best Zoos

Not the Detroit Zoo. The place should be condemned then they could start over and do it right.

It is the zoos responsibility to ensure a kid can't get into the Gorilla enclosure. They failed miserably

View attachment 77249

I do apologize but I feel the Parent is responsible for their child no matter what...

The parent take their child to a zoo knowing that there is a possible danger and should have complete control of their child, and I understand from time to time a child will do something that could cause massive harm to them, the parent or to the site they are visiting and nothing could have been done to prevent it, but in the end the parent is responsible for their child and not the zoo...

Can the zoo do more to ensure the safety of their exhibits?

Of course, but that still does not change the fact the parent is responsible for their wonderful darling...

View attachment 77249

I do apologize but I feel the Parent is responsible for their child no matter what...

The parent take their child to a zoo knowing that there is a possible danger and should have complete control of their child, and I understand from time to time a child will do something that could cause massive harm to them, the parent or to the site they are visiting and nothing could have been done to prevent it, but in the end the parent is responsible for their child and not the zoo...

Can the zoo do more to ensure the safety of their exhibits?

Of course, but that still does not change the fact the parent is responsible for their wonderful darling...
I think the key phrase is "possible danger". I wouldnt think of taking my child to a dangerous place. I guarantee you that no one goes to the zoo thinking of the possibility that their child could fall into a gorilla enclosure. The assumption is that you cannot get in.

Of course this lady wasnt ever going to be changed. Everybody is always looking to spread blame around to anyone anywhere.

It wouldn't have mattered, Obama would have intervened on her behalf, excusing her negligence anyway.

Does the fucking whining from your mouth ever cease?
He is suffering from what someone called "Black fatigue". I guess thats what you get when a Black man holds the most powerful leadership position on earth for 2 or more years and your heart is breaking over it.

Melissa Chan

Yo, he said that probably because the D.C. Justice Department, ordered by Obama, told him how to do his job, and don`t Prosecute the Black Woman!!!
So that was his way of getting back at Washington!!!

"GTP"
Miss Puppet to Mr. Master? I carried out your orders sir!
13870516.jpg

Forum List

Back