No Charges Filed Against Mom in Cincinnati Zoo Gorilla Incident

I'd still try....your little friend and obviously you feel you're too old and frail. Want to keep playing?
I think too smart is the keyword you're looking for.

That's nice, gramps. Now go bug someone else. Tool
Every discussion on this board does not require emotional based insults.
No one was challenging a mothers love & desire to protect. I only stated the obvious outcome for one choice.

Any good parent would try...the fact some of you wouldn't speaks volumes. I'd lay down my life for my child....while you try to figure the odds and calculations on survival.

Yes, you do have to calculate your own odds of survival. You certainly wouldn't have done your child any good had you been incapacitated or killed trying to get to said child.

This mother made an error in allowing her child to get free enough to enter the gorilla pit, she didn't err in the way she reacted after he had done so.

Still have to try...good gawd there are some cowards on this site

He is right though & on top of that a small child posses no threat whereas a full grown adult could easily be see as a threat.

I'd still try....your little friend and obviously you feel you're too old and frail. Want to keep playing?

No one was challenging a mothers love & desire to protect. I only stated the obvious outcome for one choice.

Any good parent would try...the fact some of you wouldn't speaks volumes. I'd lay down my life for my child....while you try to figure the odds and calculations on survival.
You completely missed the point i see. I never questioned a love for your child. Get it? I simply stated the obvious. This isn't about my courage or lack thereof. It is about what would most likely result in death. Quite possibly to both you & the child.

After you jump in FIFTEEN FEET how exactly would you first fight off your inevitable death then what? Use your spidey senses to climb a sheer vertical cliff to escape all while fending off a beast & holding your child?

Get a grip

Yes, you do have to calculate your own odds of survival. You certainly wouldn't have done your child any good had you been incapacitated or killed trying to get to said child.

This mother made an error in allowing her child to get free enough to enter the gorilla pit, she didn't err in the way she reacted after he had done so.

No dummy. You dont make the situation worse. The mom did exactly what was best. Try to keep herself and the child calm. Looks like it worked out just fine too.

You completely missed the point i see. I never questioned a love for your child. Get it? I simply stated the obvious. This isn't about my courage or lack thereof. It is about what would most likely result in death. Quite possibly to both you & the child.

After you jump in FIFTEEN FEET how exactly would you first fight off your inevitable death then what? Use your spidey senses to climb a sheer vertical cliff to escape all while fending off a beast & holding your child?

Get a grip

Cease thinking I take direction from you...with that said any good parent tries.....volumes it speaks volumes

Get a grip

Cease thinking I take direction from you...with that said any good parent tries.....volumes it speaks volumes
Being dumb doesnt make you a good parent. Actually the opposite is true. Taking your advice the mom would have definitely injured herself, probably been killed by the gorilla and her child likely seriously injured or killed. Any person that would risk their childs life on the off chance that the gorilla would run from them when they jumped into the enclosure is not a good parent.

Because she didn't try, both mom and son are alive and the beast is dead.

Get a grip

I've never met a good parent who tells other people what a great parent they are. Good parents don't have to do that.

Get a grip

Tries what? WHAT WOULD A "GOOD" PARENT HAVE TRIED TO DO?

Let me help you.....

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING a parent could have achieved by jumping into the pit. Nothing.
The only possible outcome would have been an ape even more agitated than he was to begin with.
You going to fend him off with a purse?

Come on, use your brain

Sassyirish thinks just because she looks big enough to pass for a she gorilla that the silverback would try to court her. She would tell him to be a good boy and give him a rain check for a date if he lets her take the child out of the enclosure.

Get a grip

Let me help you.....

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING a parent could have achieved by jumping into the pit. Nothing.
The only possible outcome would have been an ape even more agitated than he was to begin with.

Come on, use your brain

You're getting annoying....I'm also conceal carry,now pipe down

Get a grip

Let me help you.....

Come on, use your brain

Just when I thought you couldnt possibly get any more idiotic. So you think your conceal carry would help you huh? :laugh:

Get a grip

Let me help you.....

Come on, use your brain

If you carry a gun why on earth would you risk jumping in and losing the gun? Is a 20 or 30 foot shot that difficult?
And don't bother telling me to pipe down, we're all adults here so act like it.

I agree with Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters decision to not prosecute the family of the little boy that accidently fell into Harambe's lair but-----but I have to question why Deters referenced smoking (wtf?) crack with this tragic accident?

No Charges Filed Against Mom in Cincinnati Zoo Gorilla Incident
Melissa Chan

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters: “Had she been in the bathroom smoking crack and letting her kids run around the zoo, that’d be a different story,” he added. “She was being attentive to her children, by all witness accounts.”

I understand what he was getting at but not a wise choice of words. Crack is known to be the drug of choice among Black people even though whites use it equally if not more. if he had said meth instead then maybe that would have been a better since that is the known drug of choice among whites.

Holy shit assclapias, how do you see anything thru those black glasses? This has nothing to do with race. You're part of the problem, bot the solution.
of course it has something to do with race. Only a complete idiot doesnt recognize that.

Could you post a list of the fantasy code words for everyone. You know, words like Chicago, hotdog, etc. It's hard to keep up with the fauxrage of the race pimps.
No need. If you lack intellect posting code words wont help you.

Words are just words. Code words are in the delusional minds eye of the beholder. Sad that you equate your race with crack. Or is it just when someone white says crack?

It is the zoos responsibility to ensure a kid can't get into the Gorilla enclosure. They failed miserably

View attachment 77249

How is a 3 foot fence and some bushes supposed to keep a kid out of the moat?

I do apologize but I feel the Parent is responsible for their child no matter what...

The parent take their child to a zoo knowing that there is a possible danger and should have complete control of their child, and I understand from time to time a child will do something that could cause massive harm to them, the parent or to the site they are visiting and nothing could have been done to prevent it, but in the end the parent is responsible for their child and not the zoo...

Can the zoo do more to ensure the safety of their exhibits?

Of course, but that still does not change the fact the parent is responsible for their wonderful darling...
Yes, I was holding up my niece at a concert in one of those luxury boxes where they serve beer and food and I could have easily thrown her from up there to the arena floor and she would have been dead. Would the stadium be responsible for it because I was capable of doing that?

It is the zoos responsibility to ensure a kid can't get into the Gorilla enclosure. They failed miserably

View attachment 77249

I do apologize but I feel the Parent is responsible for their child no matter what...

The parent take their child to a zoo knowing that there is a possible danger and should have complete control of their child, and I understand from time to time a child will do something that could cause massive harm to them, the parent or to the site they are visiting and nothing could have been done to prevent it, but in the end the parent is responsible for their child and not the zoo...

Of course, but that still does not change the fact the parent is responsible for their wonderful darling...

Legally, it is the zoos responsibility to protect its guests and its animals. The enclosure pictured does not keep people out of the moat if they want to get in. It also does not prevent the gorilla from entering the moat....an accident waiting to happen

Parents should watch their kids, but in this case it would take seconds for a child to climb that fence and slip through the bushes

Then the parent need to leash their kid.

The Zoo met all the requirements to operate within the State and City, and at the end of all this the Parent is the one bringing their child there in the first place, so they should have control of the child at all times...

View attachment 77249

Yes, I was holding up my niece at a concert in one of those luxury boxes where they serve beer and food and I could have easily thrown her from up there to the arena floor and she would have been dead. Would the stadium be responsible for it because I was capable of doing that?

In my personal opinion that was your fault and you should have been thrown in jail for killing the kid if you had done it.

Again you bring a child into a dangerous area and you throw the kid to her death and you want to blame the stadium for your actions?

No.

Now could the stadium make it idiot proof to prevent you from doing it?

Yes, but are they require?

No.

Get a grip

Let me help you.....

Come on, use your brain

If you carry a gun why on earth would you risk jumping in and losing the gun? Is a 20 or 30 foot shot that difficult?
And don't bother telling me to pipe down, we're all adults here so act like it.

just tell sil your screen is bullet proof

As a mother, I was struck by that mother's reaction. "Oh, I can't watch." What????
If that had been my child, I would have been in that enclosure 1 second after.
And you would have broken your leg from the 15 foot drop then promptly been mauled to death as a threat.

Like the kid was? Oh wait

The gorilla would have been all over your SmellyIrishAss

Oh look, Rightdinger charges in to save the day and stumbles and bumbles. Any good parent would try....this thread speaks volumes of some's parenting skills

Yea Fae Wray......the gorilla would have claimed you as its mate and looked after you

The three year old would have had a much better chance at survival without you

Forum List

Back