No Charges Filed Against Mom in Cincinnati Zoo Gorilla Incident

It is the zoos responsibility to ensure a kid can't get into the Gorilla enclosure. They failed miserably

View attachment 77249

How is a 3 foot fence and some bushes supposed to keep a kid out of the moat?

I do apologize but I feel the Parent is responsible for their child no matter what...

The parent take their child to a zoo knowing that there is a possible danger and should have complete control of their child, and I understand from time to time a child will do something that could cause massive harm to them, the parent or to the site they are visiting and nothing could have been done to prevent it, but in the end the parent is responsible for their child and not the zoo...

Can the zoo do more to ensure the safety of their exhibits?

Of course, but that still does not change the fact the parent is responsible for their wonderful darling...

Legally, it is the zoos responsibility to protect its guests and its animals. The enclosure pictured does not keep people out of the moat if they want to get in. It also does not prevent the gorilla from entering the moat....an accident waiting to happen

Parents should watch their kids, but in this case it would take seconds for a child to climb that fence and slip through the bushes

I remember reading that the youngster told his mom he wanted to meet the gorilla face to face. Under those circumstances, it is easy to wonder if maybe the mother wasn't being attentive enough at the gorilla exhibit. I'd be holding the kid's hand. Just saying.

As a mother, I was struck by that mother's reaction. "Oh, I can't watch." What????
If that had been my child, I would have been in that enclosure 1 second after.

I remember reading that the youngster told his mom he wanted to meet the gorilla face to face. Under those circumstances, it is easy to wonder if maybe the mother wasn't being attentive enough at the gorilla exhibit. I'd be holding the kid's hand. Just saying.
She not only had other children she was trying to take a picture and like I posted before I'm sure the zoo making it so easy for a child to get into the enclosure obviously never crossed her mind.

As a mother, I was struck by that mother's reaction. "Oh, I can't watch." What????
You and the child would have been seriously harmed or killed. That would be about the dumbest thing you could do.

And you would have broken your leg from the 15 foot drop then promptly been mauled to death as a threat.

dc79e3ff1d7a025d3f3b463f28a719e8.jpg

And you would have broken your leg from the 15 foot drop then promptly been mauled to death as a threat.

Like the kid was? Oh wait
The kid weighs significantly less than you and the bones are not as hard.

Dumb....but it's you so expected.

You and the child would have been seriously harmed or killed. That would be about the dumbest thing you could do.

I would have been. My child would not have been. I would have made sure of it, or died trying. I wouldn't have said, "I can't watch".

Young healthy child =/= old frail parent

LOL Keep grasping

Says the person that claims they would jump their fat ass 15 ft down into a gorilla enclosure and thinks a meme will help her survive. :laugh:

I would have been. My child would not have been. I would have made sure of it, or died trying. I wouldn't have said, "I can't watch".

Exactly, any good parent would

She not only had other children she was trying to take a picture and like I posted before I'm sure the zoo making it so easy for a child to get into the enclosure obviously never crossed her mind.
Under the circumstances, it should have crossed her mind.

Says the person that claims they would jump their fat ass 15 ft down into a gorilla enclosure and thinks a meme will help her survive. :laugh:

I'm not getting into one of your idiotic pissing matches, boy. Keep moving

He is right though & on top of that a small child posses no threat whereas a full grown adult could easily be see as a threat.

What would have stopped the gorilla from killing or harming the child after they made short work of you?

I'm not getting into one of your idiotic pissing matches, boy. Keep moving
Dont piss yourself next time trying to butt into a conversation then pink nipples.

Forum List

Back