No Evidence

Of course...but then, it isn't spontaneous energy movement..is it.

Of course not. So how does the photon know if is was created spontaneously or as a result of work?

Photons don't "know" jack...they simply obey the laws of physics...and the second law of thermodynamics says that energy doesn't move spontaneously from cool to warm...
Photons don't "know" jack...they simply obey the laws of physics.

Exactly.
So how does a photon know whether it was created due to work, and is allowed to hit warmer matter, or whether it was created spontaneously and is not allowed to hit warmer matter?
I repeat....do you think rocks that are tossed up "know" that work has been done so that they may go upward in defiance of the laws of physics?....or are they maybe just obeying the laws because they really have no "choice"

So.....no answer to the photon question? LOL!
Well he did. Why do you act ignorant so often?

After he answered, he asked you if a rock knows if it’s thrown? You avoided answering! Seems you have the problem

He is the king of asking another question rather than answering the one he was asked.....the hypocrisy literally drips...doesn't it?

Exactly.
So how does a photon know whether it was created due to work, and is allowed to hit warmer matter, or whether it was created spontaneously and is not allowed to hit warmer matter?
I repeat....do you think rocks that are tossed up "know" that work has been done so that they may go upward in defiance of the laws of physics?....or are they maybe just obeying the laws because they really have no "choice"

The answer is that they obey the laws of physics...

I am laughing at your hypocrisy...you are the king of answering a question with a question rather than simply providing an answer...

According to your laws of physics, a CO2 molecule at -20C isn't allowed to emit toward the ground at 15C, is that correct?

Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Which part of the statement in bold do you not understand? And it isn't according to me...it's according to the second law of f'ing thermodynamics...the statement says what it says...I am not arguing with it...Why are you?

So that's a yes, a CO2 molecule at -20C isn't allowed to emit toward the ground at 15C.

You can say it...….

Of course...but then, it isn't spontaneous energy movement..is it.

Of course not. So how does the photon know if is was created spontaneously or as a result of work?

Photons don't "know" jack...they simply obey the laws of physics...and the second law of thermodynamics says that energy doesn't move spontaneously from cool to warm...

Exactly.

After he answered, he asked you if a rock knows if it’s thrown? You avoided answering! Seems you have the problem

Well he did.

His photon "answer" had the word rock, not the word photon. Weird.

I am laughing at your hypocrisy...you are the king of answering a question with a question rather than simply providing an answer...

According to your laws of physics, a CO2 molecule at -20C isn't allowed to emit toward the ground at 15C, is that correct?

Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Which part of the statement in bold do you not understand? And it isn't according to me...it's according to the second law of f'ing thermodynamics...the statement says what it says...I am not arguing with it...Why are you?

So that's a yes, a CO2 molecule at -20C isn't allowed to emit toward the ground at 15C.

You can say it...….
What is the physical law? Are rocks allowed to go up?

Exactly.

Well he did.

No, his answer had physical law. Just because you didn’t like his answer doesn’t mean he didn’t answer. But it’s you, figures

You can say it...….

What does the second law of thermodynamics say about energy moving from low temperatures to high temperatures?

Exactly.

Well he did.

Only because you think photons must be intelligent in order to obey the laws of physics.

You can say it...….

What does the second law of thermodynamics say about energy moving from low temperatures to high temperatures?

Something about work. You can say it.

Exactly.

Well he did.

Only because you think photons must be intelligent in order to obey the laws of physics.

Nah, dumb photons squirt around in random directions.
You have them measuring temperatures billions of light years away.

Well he did.

Nah, dumb photons squirt around in random directions.
You have them measuring temperatures billions of light years away.
Naw rocks are smarter

You can say it...….

Something about work. You can say it.
Spontaneous is the word, the word is spontaneous. Ignorant is your word

If it isn't observed, and measured, but still claimed...it is opinion.
It's been observed countless times.

No..you only gave me examples that were good enough to fool you...none were spontaneous energy movement...clearly nothing will convince you...even the fact that the second law still says that energy will not move spontaneously from cool to warm...only idiots believe they have found exceptions. Ask the US patent office about energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm.
Nope. Look up the physics definition of spontaneous emission. Look up luminescence. You will find many examples of photons moving anywhere.

You are an absolute idiot if you believe that...let me guess..you do.

Nope. Look up the physics definition of spontaneous emission. Look up luminescence. You will find many examples of photons moving anywhere.

Already did...which is why I can say with perfect confidence that none of your nut job examples was spontaneous...

Do let me know when they change the 2nd law of thermodynamics to reflect what you believe...f'ing idiot...

Already did...which is why I can say with perfect confidence that none of your nut job examples was spontaneous...

Do let me know when they change the 2nd law of thermodynamics to reflect what you believe...f'ing idiot...
You are getting ill-tempered again. Nope, you didn't look up the definition of luminescence. Here it is.
Luminescence | physics
Luminescence, emission of light by certain materials when they are relatively cool. It is in contrast to light emitted from incandescent bodies, such as burning wood or coal, molten iron, and wire heated by an electric current.

You are getting ill-tempered again. Nope, you didn't look up the definition of luminescence. Here it is.
Luminescence | physics
Luminescence, emission of light by certain materials when they are relatively cool. It is in contrast to light emitted from incandescent bodies, such as burning wood or coal, molten iron, and wire heated by an electric current.

I know what luminescence is....Tell me...do you think the IR emitted by your body is spontaneous? Or perhaps, do you think work has to be done in order for your body to emit said IR?

Luminescence | physics

I know what luminescence is....Tell me...do you think the IR emitted by your body is spontaneous? Or perhaps, do you think work has to be done in order for your body to emit said IR?

Tell me...do you think the IR emitted by your body is spontaneous? Or perhaps, do you think work has to be done in order for your body to emit said IR?

Or the IR emitted by the walls of my house?
That must be why the walls are "allowed" to emit toward my warmer body.

My body emits spontaneous black body radiation all the time... summer or winter. That is not luminance.

However chemical work is continually being done in my body. But I really think there is a lack of it being done in your brain.

Last edited:

My body emits spontaneous black body radiation all the time... summer or winter. That is not luminance.

However chemical work is continually being done in my body. But I really think there is a lack of it being done in your brain.

Since you are such a dodge....I guess I have to put a fine point on my question...and then you will still dodge if you feel like the answer is in conflict with your beliefs.

"does the IR your body emits that is due to a temperature above the ambient temperature happen spontaneously, meaning..will it continue after you die, or does the warmth you emit result from work being done?

Forum List

Back