No Evidence

Refer to any of the previous times your point failed...they are scattered across the forum like trash at a liberal rally...

Refer to any of the previous times your point failed...they are scattered across the forum like trash at a liberal rally...
You once said that radio activity is not spontaneous because work goes into refining the ore. That was a fun read. So I assume that is still your answer.

Feel free to refer to any of the numerous times your point has failed...feel free to make up all the lies you care to make regarding what I have said...the dozens of times I had to correct your interpretation of what was said lie scattered across the board as well...do let me know when you get some actual evidence to support your beliefs, or they change the physical laws...that would be something new...wouldn't it?

Feel free to refer to any of the numerous times your point has failed...feel free to make up all the lies you care to make regarding what I have said...the dozens of times I had to correct your interpretation of what was said lie scattered across the board as well...do let me know when you get some actual evidence to support your beliefs, or they change the physical laws...that would be something new...wouldn't it?

Not a lie. This is you disdainfully rejecting the physics of spontaneous decay.
Radium is manufactured commercially by the electrolysis of their molten salts...what exactly do you think is spontaneous about that?

I had a big laugh and you ran away and apparently forgot that you made that stupid remark. However you don't seem to believe any process is spontaneous because they all started with exterior work.
It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow.

So the conclusion of you fizziks is that since work is done in any process on earth, energy is free to flow anywhere as long as entropy increases. Shot yourself in the foot again. Eh?

Laughable...how much mental masturbation does it require to work yourself up to the point where you can actually believe that I would ever need to run and hide from the likes of you? Does it take a long time or are you quick on the trigger and get there in a flash?

Something new? Why don't you sort out the several failures you've already racked up?

Laughable...how much mental masturbation does it require to work yourself up to the point where you can actually believe that I would ever need to run and hide from the likes of you? Does it take a long time or are you quick on the trigger and get there in a flash?
The post was about spontaneous processes in physics, and the fact that you don't believe in spontaneity if any prior work was done. So that makes almost nothing spontaneous. Of course spontaneity in physics is nothing of that sort. However I apologize for bringing up the topic since it makes you think dirty.

Here is something new for you. Is heat a substance?
Not new for me. Heat is not a substance in physics. It is an extrinsic property of matter. If you found a blog that says otherwise, let me know. However in days of yore heat was thought to be phlogesten. (sp?)

Not new for me. Heat is not a substance in physics. It is an extrinsic property of matter. If you found a blog that says otherwise, let me know. However in days of yore heat was thought to be phlogesten. (sp?)

Right...heat is not a substance...heat is defined as a transfer of kinetic energy between two systems. Guess what? So called greenhouse gasses cannot possible trap a transfer of kinetic energy in the Lower Atmosphere. Can't happen....doesn't happen...never will happen.

What did this?

This was radiated by the atmosphere towards the surface at night.

Greenhouse_Spectrum.gif

What did this?

Greenhouse_Spectrum.gif

As has been pointed out to you on multiple occasions, that was made with an instrument cooled to a bit below -80 degrees...All it shows is radiation moving from a warmer atmosphere to a cooler instrument....set an identical instrument right next to it that isn't cooled and you don't get those discrete frequencies...

What did this?

Greenhouse_Spectrum.gif

As has been pointed out to you on multiple occasions, that was made with an instrument cooled to a bit below -80 degrees...All it shows is radiation moving from a warmer atmosphere to a cooler instrument....set an identical instrument right next to it that isn't cooled and you don't get those discrete frequencies...

All it shows is radiation moving from a warmer atmosphere to a cooler instrument....

Downward LWIR is the re emission of energy previously absorbed...that's why it's allowed to emit toward the warmer surface.

You just said "So called greenhouse gasses cannot possible trap a transfer of kinetic energy in the Lower Atmosphere. Can't happen....doesn't happen...never will happen." Whether that radiation was headed for the surface or a cooled instrument, it was radiation from an atmosphere energized with kinetic energy.

You just said "So called greenhouse gasses cannot possible trap a transfer of kinetic energy in the Lower Atmosphere. Can't happen....doesn't happen...never will happen." Whether that radiation was headed for the surface or a cooled instrument, it was radiation from an atmosphere energized with kinetic energy.

That spectrum came from directly in front of the cooled instrument's receptor...let me guess...you think that maybe the spectrum represents "back radiation" that travelled downwards from 10,000 feet? Really?

It is good enough to fool you...right?

And no...the atmosphere does not "trap" anything...and radiation is barely a bit player in the movement of energy from the surface to the top of the troposphere.

I think most of it came from gases within 100 meters of the instrument. That you think that is a problem simply reflects your abysmal grasp. It is radiation from the atmosphere headed back towards the surface. You reject it because of your idiotic smart photon fantasy. We - all of us and all scientists everywhere - reject THAT nonsense. So, in the real world you have not a leg to stand upon.

I think most of it came from gases within 100 meters of the instrument. That you think that is a problem simply reflects your abysmal grasp. It is radiation from the atmosphere headed back towards the surface. You reject it because of your idiotic smart photon fantasy. We - all of us and all scientists everywhere - reject THAT nonsense. So, in the real world you have not a leg to stand upon.

All of it came from within millimeters of the instrument, and it is energy that simply moved from right in front of the receptor to the cooler receptor...nothing more. But good enough to fool you.

As has been posted here on multiple occasions, the mean path of a photon is measured in the tens of meters. You need to stop lying if you plan on getting anywhere with this discussion.

If it was millimeters, your prior argument that collisions take place thousands of time more often than radiative transfer would fall apart.

Right...heat is not a substance...heat is defined as a transfer of kinetic energy between two systems. Guess what? So called greenhouse gasses cannot possible trap a transfer of kinetic energy in the Lower Atmosphere. Can't happen....doesn't happen...never will happen.

Can happen. Does happen. Always will.

IR from earth absorbed by CO2 within a few meters. CO2 does not re-radiate that energy. Nowhere for the energy to go but to heat the atmosphere. Do you have any other ideas where the energy goes?

What did this?

Greenhouse_Spectrum.gif

All it shows is radiation moving from a warmer atmosphere to a cooler instrument....

Downward LWIR is the re emission of energy previously absorbed...that's why it's allowed to emit toward the warmer surface.
And yet after years of posting, you have zero evidence. None nadda. Cooled instrumentation. Laughable

Forum List

Back