No more Paul LePage's! why we need rank choice voting & runoffs in all 50 states, my friends!

Debate swirls around bill to base Maine’s choice for president on popular vote

if you have a race with 2 Republicans and one Democrat, and the majority of voters want a Republican to win, rank choice voting ensures that a Republican wins.
I don't see what the problem is. We used it for our primaries, the governor's race and state and federal senate and house races, and it worked fine. In a state like ours with half the voters being Independents, there is almost always a third strong candidate besides the traditional red and blue, which means there is often not a simple majority win. For those times, rcv is the fairest way.

I am still amazed that the State of Maine could elect a tyrant like LePqge

I am still amazed that the State of Maine could elect a tyrant like LePqge
If you only make it as far in as Portland, it would seem Maine is Democrat country. Then you head further in and realize Maine is full of blazing conservatism. To the point of almost anarchy. Strong Republican country. District 2 (everything but Portland and south) voted for Trump, too.

Voting is the backbone of our democracy. Every eligible voter should get to participate, period. Let's make Election Day a federal holiday so you don't have to take time off work to exercise your rights

"16 year olds shouldn't vote. They don't know shit. They have no skin in the game. Stupid idea." - Wacky Joe Walsh

Forum List

Back