No need to lie about Obama's record

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
No need to lie to prove his presidency was a big disaster. But...another problem is Trump's plan to 'rebuild' the military...the truth is it needs no rebuilding. In fact, it needs to cut by at least 50% and maybe more.

STOP LYING....

That the presidency of Barack Hussein Obama was an “obomination” there is no question. During his presidency I wrote of his radical associations, his life spent in the service of racial preference, his aberrant Christianity, his cultural Marxism, his dictatorial ambitions, his warmongering and militarism, his “signature health care law,” and his desire to further redistribute Americans’ wealth.

It would be hard for Obama’s record to be any worse than it is. Yet, some people still feel the need to lie about Obama’s record. Obama’s actions were so bad and so bad so often that it is incredible that anyone would have to resort to lies about Obama in order to impugn him.

Especially when the liars are conservative Christians.

I get a lot of e-mails from conservative organizations, many of them Christian ones. In a recent e-mail I received mention was made about welcome changes that President Trump has made, including “an order to rebuild the U.S. military, which has been devastated by eight years of the Obama administration.”

If the author had said that the military was devastated by Obama because of women in combat, the observance of LGBT Pride Month, homosexuals allowed to serve openly, or the military paying for gender-confused soldiers to take hormones, then I would agree with him. But the author has swallowed hook, line, and sinker the lie—peddled by the Heritage Foundation and other conservative lovers of the military—that the military must be rebuilt because Obama has gutted it.

This is something that must be addressed because it is an opinion shared by many conservative Christian lovers of, defenders of, and apologists for, the U.S. military.

Back in 2009, I pointed out that Obama’s first defense budget (for fiscal year 2010, which began on Oct. 1, 2009) was $20 billion higher than Bush’s last defense budget. Obama’s first defense budget was said by then-Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to provide “the balance necessary to institutionalize and finance our capabilities to fight the wars we are in today and the scenarios we are most likely to face in the years ahead, while at the same time providing a hedge against other risks and contingencies.”

From the Historical Tables of the official Budget of the United States, here are the outlays for defense for the eight budgets of George W. Bush and the eight budgets of Barack Obama:

Fiscal year Defense Spending in millions

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981
The DOD is currently spending over $600 billion a year. I wish I were that devastated!

If Obama has devastated the military in any way it is because he continued and escalated the senseless wars began by George W. Bush.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/laurence-m-vance/stop-lying-conservative-christians/

No need to lie to prove his presidency was a big disaster. But...another problem is Trump's plan to 'rebuild' the military...the truth is it needs no rebuilding. In fact, it needs to cut by at least 50% and maybe more.

STOP LYING....

That the presidency of Barack Hussein Obama was an “obomination” there is no question. During his presidency I wrote of his radical associations, his life spent in the service of racial preference, his aberrant Christianity, his cultural Marxism, his dictatorial ambitions, his warmongering and militarism, his “signature health care law,” and his desire to further redistribute Americans’ wealth.

It would be hard for Obama’s record to be any worse than it is. Yet, some people still feel the need to lie about Obama’s record. Obama’s actions were so bad and so bad so often that it is incredible that anyone would have to resort to lies about Obama in order to impugn him.

I get a lot of e-mails from conservative organizations, many of them Christian ones. In a recent e-mail I received mention was made about welcome changes that President Trump has made, including “an order to rebuild the U.S. military, which has been devastated by eight years of the Obama administration.”

If the author had said that the military was devastated by Obama because of women in combat, the observance of LGBT Pride Month, homosexuals allowed to serve openly, or the military paying for gender-confused soldiers to take hormones, then I would agree with him. But the author has swallowed hook, line, and sinker the lie—peddled by the Heritage Foundation and other conservative lovers of the military—that the military must be rebuilt because Obama has gutted it.

This is something that must be addressed because it is an opinion shared by many conservative Christian lovers of, defenders of, and apologists for, the U.S. military.

Back in 2009, I pointed out that Obama’s first defense budget (for fiscal year 2010, which began on Oct. 1, 2009) was $20 billion higher than Bush’s last defense budget. Obama’s first defense budget was said by then-Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to provide “the balance necessary to institutionalize and finance our capabilities to fight the wars we are in today and the scenarios we are most likely to face in the years ahead, while at the same time providing a hedge against other risks and contingencies.”

From the Historical Tables of the official Budget of the United States, here are the outlays for defense for the eight budgets of George W. Bush and the eight budgets of Barack Obama:

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981
The DOD is currently spending over $600 billion a year. I wish I were that devastated!

If Obama has devastated the military in any way it is because he continued and escalated the senseless wars began by George W. Bush.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/laurence-m-vance/stop-lying-conservative-christians/
When you break it, you own it. I think Obama did about the best that could be done in the Middle East with what he was handed.

Two things about Obama Republicans can never overcome.

He was born here.

He took down Bin Laden after the Republicans not only led Bin Laden go, but stopped looking for him so he could continue to plot against the United States. The GOP's lame attempt to take credit for taking down Bin Laden was the most pathetic thing I ever saw them do in decades.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

When you break it, you own it. I think Obama did about the best that could be done in the Middle East with what he was handed.
Yeah...starting multiple wars and murdering vast numbers of people, is the best he could do.

Damn...that is some kind of special STUPID.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

You're a fucking idiot. What you spend the money on doesn't seem to matter to you. Just how much.
Throwing money at the military doesn't improve readiness.
Obama gutted the military in more ways than one. He removed their best leaders, he shoved much of the experience out the door.
He didn't replace old equipment with better equipment.

He did give each soldier their own Air-conditioned apartment, but because of that he removed the chain of command from the inspection process.
Obama shoved new regulations down their throats to make them more diverse but not better and much more expensive.

I agree with "gipper". The trouble with our military budget has been caused by 15+ years of war when it was decided to use the money to nation-build Islamic Republics.

Problem is, gipper, is how much control he had over how they spent it.

An example-

rtaImage

The Department of Defense (DOD) has identified climate change as an “urgent and growing threat to our national security, contributing to increased natural disasters, refugee flows, and conflicts over basic resources.” To help prepare for the growing threat of climate change, the DOD adopted a “climate change adaptation and resilience” directive earlier this year...

...In addition to climate planning, the DOD has been leading clean energy research and deployment, in order to reduce the need to go to war for fossil fuels, to save lives lost while transporting fuel for battlefield operations, and to help prevent climate chaos.

Take Action -- Save the Military's Climate Change and Clean Energy Programs!

This is a problem, in my opinion.

And then their horrific mistakes in acquisition, paying for mistakes made by contractors (I still am trying to figure out who profited off the littoral class junk ships we acquired)

And then you have this-

Other expenses slammed by the report include $12.3 million for defective spare aviation parts, $150 million for shipbuilders to fix defects that were their own mistakes, $352 million on graduate degrees for people with no further obligation to the Pentagon and $48 million on satellite communications that the report says could be purchased for cheaper if the Pentagon planned better.

Finally, the report slams the Pentagon for spending $1.3 million to study the mating habits of African giant pouched rats, which some research has indicated may be good at detecting mines.
McCain slams $13B in Pentagon spending in latest waste report

There needs to be oversight as to how money is actually spent. But not by anyone with an agenda.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

damn you cant even admit to reality, about being lied to for years about obama "gutting the military" without 3 paragraphs of insane babbling nonsense conspiracy theories attached too it

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

Two things about Obama Republicans can never overcome.

He was born here.

He took down Bin Laden after the Republicans not only led Bin Laden go, but stopped looking for him so he could continue to plot against the United States. The GOP's lame attempt to take credit for taking down Bin Laden was the most pathetic thing I ever saw them do in decades.
Obama broke Syria, Iraq and Libya and owns the "refugee crisis"

Now, if you believe we should just leave the Middle East with no repercussions to our long term security, I have a bridge to sell ya, right smack in the middle of Syria.

I don't think just looking at troop numbers and budget tells you the status of our forces. Look at the Navy and how much our technology is outdated, and how new systems are just absurdly expensive.

Just because they're getting money doesn't mean it's being spent wisely or appropriately.

How many useless administrative appointees did Obama jam in there?

Yea but if you aren't lying about Obama's record...it looks quite decent, can't have that.

Last edited:

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

damn you cant even admit to reality, about being lied to for years about obama "gutting the military" without 3 paragraphs of insane babbling nonsense conspiracy theories attached too it
Get a clue...I did not write those paragraphs silly. However, I do believe the author is correct.

You not believing them, proves what a dupe you are.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

You're a fucking idiot. What you spend the money on doesn't seem to matter to you. Just how much.
Obama gutted the military in more ways than one. He removed their best leaders, he shoved much of the experience out the door.

He did give each soldier their own Air-conditioned apartment, but because of that he removed the chain of command from the inspection process.
Obama shoved new regulations down their throats to make them more diverse but not better and much more expensive.

An example-

rtaImage

The Department of Defense (DOD) has identified climate change as an “urgent and growing threat to our national security, contributing to increased natural disasters, refugee flows, and conflicts over basic resources.” To help prepare for the growing threat of climate change, the DOD adopted a “climate change adaptation and resilience” directive earlier this year...

...In addition to climate planning, the DOD has been leading clean energy research and deployment, in order to reduce the need to go to war for fossil fuels, to save lives lost while transporting fuel for battlefield operations, and to help prevent climate chaos.

And then their horrific mistakes in acquisition, paying for mistakes made by contractors (I still am trying to figure out who profited off the littoral class junk ships we acquired)

And then you have this-

Other expenses slammed by the report include $12.3 million for defective spare aviation parts, $150 million for shipbuilders to fix defects that were their own mistakes, $352 million on graduate degrees for people with no further obligation to the Pentagon and $48 million on satellite communications that the report says could be purchased for cheaper if the Pentagon planned better.

Finally, the report slams the Pentagon for spending $1.3 million to study the mating habits of African giant pouched rats, which some research has indicated may be good at detecting mines.

There needs to be oversight as to how money is actually spent. But not by anyone with an agenda.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

Just because they're getting money doesn't mean it's being spent wisely or appropriately.

Does this mean anything?
7-UZRj5cLCuUtkBsfU-thETuYluAqGlXzngSWWNMoD7jFjbNvcQP-Yl_O2fGvl_Puf-3tI1FhoTF0sVAW1FMzkXRwK4r9NUVGzKLEfVWfENy8MqmSQ51vIVdei0kSbki8B1wGX_3

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

Get a clue...I did not write those paragraphs silly. However, I do believe the author is correct.

of course not you post way more insane shit then that. It was just weird to see you admit to reality

I mean its something that everyone outside the right wing news bubble knows is true and easily googled with little effort. But it goes against your training, to say anything good about a democrat or bad about a republican. so what made you post it?

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

E

Yep... Waste and fraud should be aggressively search and destroyed......And judging how fast Boeing and Lockheed agreed to cuts every contract ought to be reviewed

Well, unless you want those other countries to take the lead in world affairs....
Whether you like it or not, even with the chaos the world is in, it would be much worse without US influence. This past administration s habit of stepping back in some areas and secretly involving themselves in others, helped create much of the recent chaos and threats we all now see.

Should we have better oversight? Yes, but not by partisan hacks.
Could we possibly reduce our spending? Yes, but they need to quit currying favors, and have much tighter controls, and better negotiating skills.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

An example-

rtaImage

And then you have this-

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

Does this mean anything?
7-UZRj5cLCuUtkBsfU-thETuYluAqGlXzngSWWNMoD7jFjbNvcQP-Yl_O2fGvl_Puf-3tI1FhoTF0sVAW1FMzkXRwK4r9NUVGzKLEfVWfENy8MqmSQ51vIVdei0kSbki8B1wGX_3

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

of course not you post way more insane shit then that. It was just weird to see you admit to reality

I mean its something that everyone outside the right wing news bubble knows is true and easily googled with little effort. But it goes against your training, to say anything good about a democrat or bad about a republican. so what made you post it?
Silly.

Obama is easily one of the worse POTUS' we have ever had...why you can't see that, is amazing.

BO and W were essentially the same, both sucked big time...you hate W, but love BO. That is fucking CRAZY!!!

They've learned we are their cash cows. They just had to say the word, and we signed off.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

E

Yep... Waste and fraud should be aggressively search and destroyed......And judging how fast Boeing and Lockheed agreed to cuts every contract ought to be reviewed

Well, unless you want those other countries to take the lead in world affairs....
Whether you like it or not, even with the chaos the world is in, it would be much worse without US influence. This past administration s habit of stepping back in some areas and secretly involving themselves in others, helped create much of the recent chaos and threats we all now see.

Should we have better oversight? Yes, but not by partisan hacks.
Could we possibly reduce our spending? Yes, but they need to quit currying favors, and have much tighter controls, and better negotiating skills.

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

An example-

rtaImage

And then you have this-

STOP LYING....

• 2002 $348,456
  • 2003 $404,733
  • 2004 $455,813
  • 2005 $495,294
  • 2006 $521,820
  • 2007 $551,258
  • 2008 $616,066
  • 2009 $661,012
  • 2010 $693,485
  • 2011 $705,554
  • 2012 $677,852
  • 2013 $633,446
  • 2014 $603,457
  • 2015 $589,564
  • 2016 $604,452
  • 2017 $616,981

Does this mean anything?
I can't agree.

I am not an isolationist. I am for a very strong military, but one designed only to defend the USA and not for empire building and continuing a policy of non-stop interventions and wars around the world.

War is the health of the state. This is why the state loves war. War also causes harm at home...we lose our liberty and freedom thanks to non-stop war.

Forum List

Back