No one is going to take your guns

liberals make no sense. They are very inconsistent in their, well for arguments sake, lets call it logic. A person kills someone with a car, they do not want to ban cars, they want to punish the individual for misuse of the car. someone is drunk and kills someone with a car, they don't want to ban alcohol and prohibit all individuals from drinking alcohol. they want to punish the individual who violate the law. and they don't go trying to pass laws restricting all other law abiding citizens from drinking alcohol. someone kills someone with a baseball bat, they don't pass laws outlawing bats, they want to punish the individual who committed the crime. but someone kills someone with a gun, they want to ban the gun. they want to pass laws preventing everyone from having a gun. their minds seem to melt down and all logic goes out the window. irrational people like this can not be allowed to make decisions. they can not be put in positions of power where their irrational ideas can become law. Nothing good ever comes from irrational decisions .

Cars aren't designed to kill people.

Guns are.

Strange.

Despite the fact that, according to you, guns are designed to kill people and cars aren't, and despite the fact that there are more guns than cars, far more people are killed in car accidents than gun accidents. I guess that makes guns safer than cars, despite your delusional belief that guns are designed to kill.

The best argument for voting against progressives is letting progressives talk.
Indeed. But then far too many have been hoodwinked into beliving their tripe...just like Joey has. (He's ONE of them).

PinkoJoe's convinced that after the Revolution (that he hid in the basement during, whimpering and pissing his pants), he'll be handed the keys to a big plush corner office and given power over his fellow subjects.

He doesn't realize that just like every other progressive revolution in history, he'll be put up against the wall and shot with the guns he so desperately fears the very second his limited useful idiocy is no longer useful.
Hundreds of millions through history would attest to it if they could...but Joey ignores history and is Hellbent to repeat it.

There are other ways to get around Heller.

The first one would be to overturn the absurd rule that immunizes gun makers from liability.

How about we consider that after we turn over the law that immunizes government from liability?

:eek: Sacrilege! Heresy! Joey, don't listen! Just keep repeating: "Government is good and righteous and holy. Government loves me and will always take care of me."

3-011213003132.jpeg

Doesn't matter. They only care about gun deaths.

Why?

Because you can't resist progressive tyranny with knives.

And that's what they're really concerned about -- a populace that can't put up a fight against their totalitarianism.

actually, it's a horseshit comparison.

The UK had only 600 murders last year, only 48 of them with guns.

We had 16,000 murders, 11,000 with guns.

And sorry, the British aren't a "totalitarian" state. I guess by your standards they are, because they don't let the poor die of treatable diseases or let them starve.

now if you want to take a look at a horseshit comparison, lets take a look at the steaming pile you continue to throw out. Gun laws make Britain safer. well no they don't. because lets take a look at their rates before their gun laws were put into place. they were low to start with. their laws really had no impact on reducing their rates. in fact, since the USA dropped Clintons assault weapons ban, our rates have declines just as much as Britain's have with their strict laws.

Horseshit. The Second Amendment is about militias.

No it's not

District of Columbia v. Heller ? Case Brief Summary

District of Columbia v. Heller

Issue
What rights are protected by the Second Amendment?
Holding and Rule (Scalia)

You'd have an argument if the ruling was 9-0.

It was 5-4. Which means it's not settled law.
NO LAW is settled by any elitists...the PEOPLE have the final say in this Republic. YOU fail to recognize whom has the power...and it isn't those YOU worship son.

Oh, grow the fuck up, you pansy-ass bastard.

No kidding. Joey doesn't care about his own liberty. THAT is evident.

Hey, Dumbass, if I have to worry about if I send my kid to the store, and he might get shot by a George Zimmerman, that's not "liberty" or anything like it.

If I have to worry about going to the theatre and someone bursting in and spraying down the place with a 100 round magazine... guess what, that isn't "Freedom", either.

You can live with your fear of scary black men, but frankly, I'm getting a little tired of living in a firing range because of your fears and sense of inadequacy.

Does your kid plan on attacking Zimmerman? If he does, he deserves to get shot.

Indeed. But then far too many have been hoodwinked into beliving their tripe...just like Joey has. (He's ONE of them).

PinkoJoe's convinced that after the Revolution (that he hid in the basement during, whimpering and pissing his pants), he'll be handed the keys to a big plush corner office and given power over his fellow subjects.

He doesn't realize that just like every other progressive revolution in history, he'll be put up against the wall and shot with the guns he so desperately fears the very second his limited useful idiocy is no longer useful.
Hundreds of millions through history would attest to it if they could...but Joey ignores history and is Hellbent to repeat it.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

So much for the idiocy of ‘gun confiscation’ in New York.

starting april of 2014 there will be significant confiscations going on. as the safe act reads, you have until that period to dispose of or sell newly banned items out of state. after that point any listed items or unregistered weapons will be confiscated and you will be fined and arrested.

You'd have an argument if the ruling was 9-0.

It was 5-4. Which means it's not settled law.

A 5-4 SCOTUS ruling is settled law, at least until DC passes another law and a conviction under that gets to SCOTUS for review. Getting a Circuit Court to contradict a SCOTUS ruling is practically unheard of, so good luck there, Joey.

yeah, so why have you wingnuts been trying for 40 years to get someone to overturn Roe v. Wade, then?

And that was a 7-2 decision.

Here's the thing, guy, a lot of the awful decisions- Heller, Citizens United, are all going to be buried right after we bury Scalia. The courts are just waiting for that old fool to die off.

So was Dredd Scott.

So much for the idiocy of ‘gun confiscation’ in New York.

Oh, look -- Jonesy's still pretending the NYPD hasn't acknowledged their written policy to confiscate illegal weapons.

Do you really think your pathetic foot-stamping has any effect on reality, genius?
And he pretends it isn't happening anywhere else...

Getting A SCOTUS to contradict a previous ruling Is the next step. No Law is settled where a Court is concerned.

There are other ways to get around Heller.

The first one would be to overturn the absurd rule that immunizes gun makers from liability.

What is absurd about it? It is the exact same standard that is applied to very single product sold in the US.

Wait, that is the problem you don't like the fact that we live in a nation of laws, you want to give special treatment to the people who are better than you.

Gun politics in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They used mass shootings to pass gun laws.
Passed laws that made it mandatory to register your guns.
In order to own a gun ordered mandatory training to receive a license. Just like the DMV.
Anyone that is found having a weapon not registered was subject to search and seizure. Fined and possibly imprisoned............

A lot of the people of Canada refused to comply. And only in raids or routine stops they would seize the gun owners and arrest them.

The first step, as shown in the FUCKING DAILY KOS instructions is to create a National Gun Database...............In that way they can proceed to go the path to CONFISCATION AT A LATER DATE.

So essentially, responsible, law abiding Canadians with a valid need for a gun can enjoy them, and other people can't.

Sounds like a pretty reasonable comprimise to me.

As opposed to just tolerating Zimmerman and Loughner and Holmes running around with guns because the Founding Slave Owners said so.

Isn't Canada the country that will throw in jail for blasphemy?

Why? Gun makers have no control over what some gangbanger in Chicago does with a gun they've bought in an alley.
He does seem to side with criminals...and would love nothing better than to make life difficult for law-abiding citizens.

Criminals aren't the problem. snip.

About half of homicides are committed by gangbangers and drug dealers/users.

As usual, you are full of shit.

People who are intent on suicide will use what ever is close at hand. Guns are a frequent choice because they are so efficient, but people take poison, slash their wrists, hang themselves, stab themselves and jump off buildings.
In other words, they will find some inanimate object and turn it into a weapon.

If the number of guns in a society really mattered, how do you explain the suicide rates in Japan? Russia? Finland? Belgium? France? Cuba? Austria? Those mentioned all have a higher rate of suicide than the US, and for the most part, far more restrictive firearms laws.
Oh Japan? The most popular method of suicide there is getting hit by a train. Is Japan outlawing trains?

[
Of course you are Joe.................You want to have Obama to put Liberal nut bags into SCOTUS............When you get SCOTUS, you'll push the issue on gun bans and get guns banned by a KANGAROO COURT Joe.............

Why Joe................Because you can't get even Dems in Congress to agree with you Joe...........

That's not true, Dems in the Congress voted for a sensible gun ban... they just couldn't overcome a GOP filibuster.

[
Because it's a FAR LEFT'S WACKO DREAM JOE..............It's your plan JOE........You can't push it through the Constitution JOE...........So you will try to enforce your beliefs through the back door JOE...........

You don't care about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE JOE...............

Guy, polls have show OVERWEALMING majorities support background checks, licensing and other limits on gun ownership to keep them out of the hands of crazy people.

Oh, for the record, from Miller vs. US to Heller, a period of 80 years, the Courts held that the 2nd Applied to MILITIAS, not individuals, and allowed gun laws.

And even Heller isn't absolute. Scalia had to do handstands to explain why Anthrax and Howitzers are banned four individuals.

You believe in TYRANNY JOE.............

We will not register our weapons Joe.........Even if you get this passed Joe............

You will cause blood shed Joe...............And you will not be the one trying to seize our weapons Joe...........

Because you are a COWARD JOE................
Yeah, I guess I do have a fear that a madman who was able to buy a gun despite EVERYONE in his life knowing he was crazy might shoot me or someone I care about.

I just don't see any benefit of letting you have a gun when I kind of susect you are one of the crazies....

The same polls also show overwhelming opposition to new gun laws. Could it be that, unlike you, the people responding to those polls actually understands that the laws you claim you want already exist, and are ignored by people who want to take away your rights?

Getting A SCOTUS to contradict a previous ruling Is the next step. No Law is settled where a Court is concerned.
^Exactly. And that is the danger and the tyranny of a court.

Only prescription is for Congress to amend the Constitution...but wouldn't recommend that with the current crop in the House and the Senate...

Or you could sit down with the folks who think, "Hey, maybe Joker Holmes shouldn't have a gun" without screaming about "FReeeeeedom" and threatening to kill LEO doing their jobs.

That's what grownups do. They work out solutions.

Maybe you could propose an actual solution.

Wait, that would require you to be both intelligent and a grown up. You aren't either.

Remove all confidentiality of medical records for mental health. Make them public domain.

Problem solved.

Forum List

Back