No 'pause' in global warming confirmed

I'm sorry Frank, but if you can't do any better than that, maybe you shouldn't be trying at all.

I'm sorry Frank, but if you can't do any better than that, maybe you shouldn't be trying at all.
Crick, it's obvious. Data Altered, then Obama claimed it was the warmest =Obama ordered the change

One of the favorite propaganda memes of the denier cultists, the so-called 'pause' in the rate of global warming, was demolished by the scientists at NOAA a couple of years ago.....but the deniers still stupidly cling to their debunked cultic myths like grim death.

A new study has confirmed those results....

Global warming data that riled doubters is confirmed

By Jim Spencer
January 4, 2017
WASHINGTON (AP) — A new independent study shows no pause in global warming, confirming a set of temperature readings adjusted by U.S. government scientists that some who reject mainstream climate science have questioned.

ap-graph.jpg

The adjustments , made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in 2015 to take into account changes in how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures. The House Science Committee subpoenaed the agency’s scientists and then complained that NOAA wasn’t answering its requests quickly enough.

The new international study looked at satellite data, readings from buoys and other marine floats for ocean temperatures. Each measurement system independently showed the same 20 years of increase in temperatures that NOAA found: about two-tenths of a degree Fahrenheit per decade since 2000, said the study’s lead author, Zeke Hausfather of the University of California, Berkeley.

Our research confirms that NOAA scientists were right,” Hausfather said. “They were not in any way cooking the books.

NOAA adjusted past data to take into account old measurements by ships that often recorded temperatures from their engine rooms, where heat from the engines skewed the data. Buoys and satellite data don’t have such artificial warming, Hausfather said.

In 1990, about 90 percent of the ocean temperature readings were done by ships, now it is about 85 percent by the more accurate buoys, Hausfather said.

Scientists Andrew Dessler of Texas A&M University and Kevin Trenberth of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, who weren’t part the original study or the more recent one that confirmed its conclusions, called both accurate.

This paper further allays any qualms that there may have been scientific errors or any non-scientific agendas,” Trenberth said in an email.

Officials at the House Science Committee did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Hausfather’s study was published Wednesday in the journal Science Advances .
Yet despite this, where the hell has winter gone? Global warming may be a lie to some of you, the rest of us get warmer drier winters, less precipitation and some of us weren't born yesterday, we have seen the changes over 30 decades. We don't need a liberal or a conservative to tell us what the weather really IS. Nope, we see it for ourselves.

Oh looky there. In Alaska no less.
View attachment 115302
God, you are really pushing the limits for idiocy there, WM. What formation, and of what age? Note that much of Alaska is made of terranes., many of which were near the equator at one time. So your picture of that leaf means nothing at all without the information of it's origin, formation, ect., and what time period that leaf is from.

I wish it would snow in Denver since November, it's a rare thing it has only left a trace amount this late in the year. Yes, Virginia, there IS global warming. You would have to be a total idiot NOT to notice.

One of the favorite propaganda memes of the denier cultists, the so-called 'pause' in the rate of global warming, was demolished by the scientists at NOAA a couple of years ago.....but the deniers still stupidly cling to their debunked cultic myths like grim death.

A new study has confirmed those results....

Global warming data that riled doubters is confirmed

By Jim Spencer
January 4, 2017
WASHINGTON (AP) — A new independent study shows no pause in global warming, confirming a set of temperature readings adjusted by U.S. government scientists that some who reject mainstream climate science have questioned.

ap-graph.jpg

The adjustments , made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in 2015 to take into account changes in how ocean temperatures have been measured over the decades, riled a House committee and others who claimed the changes were made to show rising temperatures. The House Science Committee subpoenaed the agency’s scientists and then complained that NOAA wasn’t answering its requests quickly enough.

The new international study looked at satellite data, readings from buoys and other marine floats for ocean temperatures. Each measurement system independently showed the same 20 years of increase in temperatures that NOAA found: about two-tenths of a degree Fahrenheit per decade since 2000, said the study’s lead author, Zeke Hausfather of the University of California, Berkeley.

Our research confirms that NOAA scientists were right,” Hausfather said. “They were not in any way cooking the books.

NOAA adjusted past data to take into account old measurements by ships that often recorded temperatures from their engine rooms, where heat from the engines skewed the data. Buoys and satellite data don’t have such artificial warming, Hausfather said.

In 1990, about 90 percent of the ocean temperature readings were done by ships, now it is about 85 percent by the more accurate buoys, Hausfather said.

Scientists Andrew Dessler of Texas A&M University and Kevin Trenberth of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, who weren’t part the original study or the more recent one that confirmed its conclusions, called both accurate.

This paper further allays any qualms that there may have been scientific errors or any non-scientific agendas,” Trenberth said in an email.

Officials at the House Science Committee did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Hausfather’s study was published Wednesday in the journal Science Advances .
Yet despite this, where the hell has winter gone? Global warming may be a lie to some of you, the rest of us get warmer drier winters, less precipitation and some of us weren't born yesterday, we have seen the changes over 30 decades. We don't need a liberal or a conservative to tell us what the weather really IS. Nope, we see it for ourselves.
As someone approaching, all to rapidly, 3/4 of a century in age, I have seen how the warmup has affected the two states I have traveled in the most. My great-grandfather settled in Eastern Oregon in the 1860's, and my grandfather told me about the weather he saw as a child. The whole area has warmed considerably since that time. I started exploring around the North Cascades in the early 1970's. The glaciers and snow fields that I saw at that time have shrank a great deal. The glaciers on our volcanic peaks have done the same. Decade by decade, the snows come later, and melt off sooner in our mountains. Decade by decade, our forest fires get more intense and dangerous. In spite of all the advances in the technology of fighting them.

Yes, we are definately seeing a rapid warming.

You've posted that line before and it is still as false as it was the first time. It also reveals a grasp of the science that one would normally keep to one's self.
Yes, attack the messenger when you get cornered. The fact is that there is no data from about 100 to 150 years ago. You have circumstantial evidence and a computer generated data set that are based on speculation. I know you will never admit it, but you do not know what the climate was like way back in the past. Nobody does.
As your picture indicates, you are not someone anyone can take seriously. Yes, we can find what the climate was like in an area in the past.

1) There are mountains of evidence concerning the climate prior to the invention of the thermometer.
Indeed. Mostly all educated guess work

2) The current climate did not require 4 billion years to develop
When will you stop your deflecting? I never said it did liar.

3) What the climate did before human culture arose is actually irrelevant to the current problem.
False. What the climate did before can show what is normal for the Earth.

4) An enormous amount of evidence indicates that the rate of warming over the last 150 years is unprecedented in human history
It's only unprecedented because you have no data before that so you just ignore that fact that you don't know what your talking about.

5) An enormous amount of evidence indicates that the primary cause for that warming is human GHG emissions and deforestation
Basing that conclusion on barely 150 years of data on a planet that is 4 billion years old is the height on liberal arrogance. You lie.
God, what a dumb ass you are. Our species is only about 200,000 years old. Our current civilization only began during the present interglacial. And, except for the Younger Dryas, it has been a very stable period. And our agriculture depends on that stability. As the weather gets more dicey from a changing climate, the agriculture that over 7 billion humans depend on, will be in danger.

1) There are mountains of evidence concerning the climate prior to the invention of the thermometer.
Indeed. Mostly all educated guess work

2) The current climate did not require 4 billion years to develop
When will you stop your deflecting? I never said it did liar.

3) What the climate did before human culture arose is actually irrelevant to the current problem.
False. What the climate did before can show what is normal for the Earth.

4) An enormous amount of evidence indicates that the rate of warming over the last 150 years is unprecedented in human history
It's only unprecedented because you have no data before that so you just ignore that fact that you don't know what your talking about.

5) An enormous amount of evidence indicates that the primary cause for that warming is human GHG emissions and deforestation
Basing that conclusion on barely 150 years of data on a planet that is 4 billion years old is the height on liberal arrogance. You lie.
God, what a dumb ass you are. Our species is only about 200,000 years old. Our current civilization only began during the present interglacial. And, except for the Younger Dryas, it has been a very stable period. And our agriculture depends on that stability. As the weather gets more dicey from a changing climate, the agriculture that over 7 billion humans depend on, will be in danger.
did not respond to my statement, never will. Deflection at it's worst.

We're heading into a little ice age. Buy a good used fur coat now before they become incredibly expensive.

For thousands of years, parts of northwest Europe have enjoyed a climate about 5C warmer than many other regions on the same latitude. But new scientific analysis suggests that that could change much sooner and much faster than thought possible.

Climatologists who have looked again at the possibility of major climate change in and around the Atlantic Ocean, a persistent puzzle to researchers, now say there is an almost 50% chance that a key area of the North Atlantic could cool suddenly and rapidly, within the space of a decade, before the end of this century....

Drastic cooling in North Atlantic beyond worst fears, scientists warn

Well.....Im not sure one way or another..........are we getting warmer in the long run or colder? Not a soul in here knows either way.

What I do know with 100% certainty ( and have tens of thousands of scientists that concur with me ) is that either way, it has NOTHING to do with human behavior. Anybody who tells you its "man-made" is a fake.

Forum List

Back