NO "Popular Vote" if states choose to have the Legislature Vote for Federal Offices

Do you support state legislatures taking Federal elections instead of popular vote?

• Yes, Federal elections would be honest, fair and transparent.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No, the popular vote is better, I'll explain why.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
We will keep the popular vote on presidential elections also, and be represented by the electoral votes representing that vote in the states, at the electoral college.
You should immigrate, as you will not get your way here.
We have the popular vote now, and the results are ALWAYS disputed.

If a state decides to decide their EC votes by the legislature, that would be a calming decision. I support it.

State LEGISLATURES decide how their state elections are held.

Popular voting is unpopular, no matter who wins. The other side always cheated.

So how about a formal voice vote by state legislators to decide Federal Elections?

There would be no cheating because the votes would be public voice votes.

The vote counting would be simple, beyond reproach, and immediate.

I like the idea. No commercials. No phone calls.

No big money "Zuckerbucks" buying elections, just our elected state officials doing their jobs.
Nope.

Nice try, but you are not going to disenfranchise 81 million voters like that.

Trump lost. Get over it.

This is a ploy to get power in fewer and fewer hands.
Yes, in the beginning it was done this way. Elections were difficult, at best, back then.
The "ploy" is for the oligarchs like Zuckerberg to buy elections. Local reps, with public votes would be impossible to buy, or they'd get lynched.

Last edited:
WTF is this all about? Is it some misdirection to keep from focusing on real political issues? The Constitution is still the law of the land and representatives are still elected by the people

State LEGISLATURES decide how their state elections are held.

Popular voting is unpopular, no matter who wins. The other side always cheated.

So how about a formal voice vote by state legislators to decide Federal Elections?

There would be no cheating because the votes would be public voice votes.

The vote counting would be simple, beyond reproach, and immediate.

I like the idea. No commercials. No phone calls.

No big money "Zuckerbucks" buying elections, just our elected state officials doing their jobs.

Applying Big Liar logic.....how do we know these state legislators were rightfully elected if no election can be trusted?

State legislatures can change their states voting laws.

They can change the rules concerning voting.

But the 17th amendment to the US Constitution says:
"The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures."

WTF is this all about? Is it some misdirection to keep from focusing on real political issues? The Constitution is still the law of the land and representatives are still elected by the people
"This" is about Hillary Clinton. I just saw her on TV saying that she fears state legislators taking control of elections.
If Hillary opposes it, I'm all for it.

"This" is about Hillary Clinton. I just saw her on TV saying that she fears state legislators taking control of elections.
If Hillary opposes it, I'm all for it.
31 state legislatures are controlled by the GOP. Yet they are less than half of the voting population.

Some of those hack partisan legislatures would not hesitate to override the voters of their state.

THAT is why Clinton is afraid of them taking control of elections.

Trump lost. Bigly.

Get over it.

Forum List

Back