🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No, Sarah, you're not as much of a scientist as Bill Nye

He graduated from a school of engineering. That makes him more of a scientist than you.

Sarah Palin mocks Bill Nye over climate change - CNNPolitics.com

But, is he an engineer?

Good question. What kind of work did he do at Boeing? It would be interesting to pull up his work records to see if he was ever qualified to do a children's television show.

If I'm not mistaken, he got his start on a comedy variety show called; "Not Necessarily The News". He was Bill Nye the Science Guy doing comedy bits.

He graduated from a school of engineering. That makes him more of a scientist than you.

But, is he an engineer?

Good question. What kind of work did he do at Boeing? It would be interesting to pull up his work records to see if he was ever qualified to do a children's television show.

If I'm not mistaken, he got his start on a comedy variety show called; "Not Necessarily The News". He was Bill Nye the Science Guy doing comedy bits.

Interesting to pull up some dirt on this guy and see what a fraud he is. I would think some ambitious lawyer might think this is a case of fraud considering that advertisers thought they were getting a real scientist. Think of the settlement he or she would get.

Correction, I can't seem to find him on IMDB under that show. Maybe he did a brief skit or something. I used to love that show and I do remember seeing him but he isn't listed in the cast.

At any rate, he is a comedian and not a scientist. Palin has a point.

So Nye is an engineer? Does that make him a scientist? Or does wearing a white coat make him a scientist? Is he a climatologist? I thought to the GW fear monger credentials mattered. Or does mouthing the right words really all that matters?
All engineering degrees require a good dose of math, physics and chemistry before you can take your first engineering course. Then quite a bit more math and physics before you can graduate. I suspect he has a better fundamental knowledge of these disciplines than 99.9% of climate change deniers.

So Nye is an engineer? Does that make him a scientist? Or does wearing a white coat make him a scientist? Is he a climatologist? I thought to the GW fear monger credentials mattered. Or does mouthing the right words really all that matters?
All engineering degrees require a good dose of math, physics and chemistry before you can take your first engineering course. Then quite a bit more math and physics before you can graduate. I suspect he has a better fundamental knowledge of these disciplines than 99.9% of climate change deniers.

I don't think anyone ever denied he didn't have some kind of degree. He isn't a scientist in the sense that Hawking was a scientist. It isn't quite the same thing.

I actually do think a lot of engineers are pretty smart but it isn't the same thing as being a scientist in itself.

Has the Bill Nye fella ever claimed to be a scientIst himself? When looking up the word "scientist" the definition seems to be somewhat broad. There is nothing in those definitions from various dictionaries that declare a scientist must have specific educational credentials.

Nye has been given at least four Honorary Doctorate of Science Degrees from four prestigious Universities. Not just Honorary Degrees, but specifically, Doctorate of Science Degrees. That means at least four Universities have recognized Nye as an expert in science, overwhelmingly meeting the definition of a scientist as an "expert" in science. They conferred the name scientist on him, not he himself. He seems satisfied with being called just "the science guy".

So, what makes Palin or the posters in this thread qualified to change the technical and accepted definition of what a scientist is? How are they qualified to dispute the dictionary definition and four major Universities?

He was the star of a show called "Bill Nye the science guy" and he did profit quite a lot from this deception. Did he actually get his 'honorary degrees' before his show? You are saying his honorary degrees make him qualified to call himself a scientist but did he get those honorary degrees before or after his show? I think he should admit his deception and say he was not a real scientist.
OK, but what difference does it make when he got the honorary doctorate degrees. It was before Palin made her comments. And how do you dispute the fact that he fits the definition of a scientist according to the formal dictionary definition?

What dictionary are you studying? He did his show claiming he was a scientist when he wasn't. He didn't even have his honorary degrees by then.
I used the first four dictionaries listed on google when I typed in "scientist definition". I still have not seen the evidence that he called himself a scientist. However, from the definitions it appears he could have even before he got the honorary degrees. His work at Boeing and his NASA sundial would qualify him as a scientist and that was before any of his TV stuff.

Has the Bill Nye fella ever claimed to be a scientIst himself? When looking up the word "scientist" the definition seems to be somewhat broad. There is nothing in those definitions from various dictionaries that declare a scientist must have specific educational credentials.

Nye has been given at least four Honorary Doctorate of Science Degrees from four prestigious Universities. Not just Honorary Degrees, but specifically, Doctorate of Science Degrees. That means at least four Universities have recognized Nye as an expert in science, overwhelmingly meeting the definition of a scientist as an "expert" in science. They conferred the name scientist on him, not he himself. He seems satisfied with being called just "the science guy".

So, what makes Palin or the posters in this thread qualified to change the technical and accepted definition of what a scientist is? How are they qualified to dispute the dictionary definition and four major Universities?

He was the star of a show called "Bill Nye the science guy" and he did profit quite a lot from this deception. Did he actually get his 'honorary degrees' before his show? You are saying his honorary degrees make him qualified to call himself a scientist but did he get those honorary degrees before or after his show? I think he should admit his deception and say he was not a real scientist.
OK, but what difference does it make when he got the honorary doctorate degrees. It was before Palin made her comments. And how do you dispute the fact that he fits the definition of a scientist according to the formal dictionary definition?

What dictionary are you studying? He did his show claiming he was a scientist when he wasn't. He didn't even have his honorary degrees by then.
I used the first four dictionaries listed on google when I typed in "scientist definition". I still have not seen the evidence that he called himself a scientist. However, from the definitions it appears he could have even before he got the honorary degrees. His work at Boeing and his NASA sundial would qualify him as a scientist and that was before any of his TV stuff.

You won. Can I call Mr. Rogers a scientist now?

He's the science guy! I used to like his show. :(
Yeah the dumbass thinks that political correctness is science… LOL

Have you ever watched his show? It's very educational for kids and has nothing to do with politics. :)
The dumbass is all about politics now and political correctness… LOL

Well this is America, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just because someone doesn't think as you do, doesn't mean they are "dumb."

Have you ever watched his show? It's very educational for kids and has nothing to do with politics. :)

Well this is America, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just because someone doesn't think as you do, doesn't mean they are "dumb."
The problem is, he states his opinion as fact...

So why did he have to fake the results of his global warming experiment

So why did he have to fake the results of his global warming experiment
He faked results? When was that?

The problem is, he states his opinion as fact...

So does Ms. Palin. Lol.

Forum List

Back