No Special Master As DOJ Drops Bombshell 40 Page Ruling Obstruction By Trump Team

Unlike you I do not make excuses for anyone. Though I do have to ask did Hillary not claim that she had no classified emails? Did the FBI not find she did? Did she not have 30,000 emails removed that were under subpoena? Do you have any proof that Trump destroyed any documents?
At the time I argued that Hillary should have been prosecuted. Had she been I would be arguing that Trump should be. But since the FBI gave her a pass under the idea of equal justice they should do the same to Trump. He even held a higher office

This link is a fact, and HRC was not found to have committed ANY WRONG DOING. READ THE LINK, THE EMAILS WERE INCLUDED WITHIN THE COMMITTEE ALONG WITH BENGHAZI.

I'm not a legal expert, but I still don't understand why they would reject a Special Master to catalog what has been taken, regardless of Trumps actions.

A Special Master would be silly.

First finding one with Top Secret Clearance would be tricky. Then we aren’t talking about a Civil Case. And Attorney Client Privilege doesn’t extend to criminal actions. You can’t plan a robbery with your attorney and claim it is privileged.

So unless there is a Memo from the lawyer discussing how to hide the documents from the FBI none of it is relevant.

When a top secret set of papers is first MARKED as classified, it gets so marked and those cool file folder covers are used.

In this case, when the President declassified them, those markings and cool file folder covers didn’t magically get changed. That doesn’t determine f they were still classified, though. What does is the Presidential direction that they are now declassified.

The DOJ is blowing smoke.

When something is declassified it is released to the Public. All Trump has to do is show where he released the documents to the public right?

This link is a fact, and HRC was not found to have committed ANY WRONG DOING. READ THE LINK, THE EMAILS WERE INCLUDED WITHIN THE COMMITTEE ALONG WITH BENGHAZI.

So the FBI lied when they claimed they found classified email chains?

Maybe they should have checked Trumps office before they declared they had no classified information
The FBI found his passports in his desk drawer along with other documents. The FBI was in the right to seize them. They were returned to the fat man.

"The agency said the former president's claim the FBI agents had improperly taken three of his passports while looking for sensitive material removed from the White House at his Florida home is 'incorrect,'" reported Ewan Palmer. "The Department of Justice explained that the passports were seized by the FBI as they were held in a desk drawer in Trump's office which also included classified documents, and therefore within the scope of the search warrant and relevant to the investigation."

Among the most incriminating details in the government filing is a photograph, showing a number of files labeled “Top Secret” with bright red or yellow cover sheets, spread out over a carpet. Those files were found inside a container in Trump’s office, according to the court filing. A close examination of one of the cover sheets in the photo shows a marking for “HCS,” a government acronym for systems used to protect intelligence gathered from secret human sources.

The 36-page filing also reveals, for the first time, the text of a written assurance given to the Justice Department by Trump’s “custodian of records” on June 3. It says Trump’s team had done a thorough search for any classified material in response to a subpoena and had turned over any relevant documents.

An indicator of the consequence of revelations concerning Trump's having absconded with classified government documents for unknown reasons and his lying about having returned them all to the National Archives in the interest of national security is the marked diminution of howls of protest and vindictive threats of partisan reprisals by spineless politicians desperate to kowtow to the suspect, although the cult's death threats to government cabinet members, judges, and law enforcement officers may persist.

Strutting one's Trump Toady bona fides on ideological entertainment media is an effective means of rabble-rousing, but America is committed to being a nation of laws and not of men where no one is above the law and justice, ultimately, prevails.

If Trump's lawyers can contrive a credible defense for why he absconded with classified government documents for unknown reasons and lied about having returned them all to the National Archives in the interest of national security, they will have ample opportunity to do so.

2290k2 (1).jpg

Why would I need to prove it? You need to prove he didn’t.

No, he needs to prove he did. The only known fact right now is that he had documents that were marked as classified in his possession. It is now on him to show they were not indeed classified.

This is not unlike my fight with the IRS. The IRS said I did not file my taxes in specific years, even though one of those years they cashed my check I sent with it. Once they made this claim against my I then have to prove they are incorrect. It is bullshit, but it is the way things are.

When something is declassified it is released to the Public. All Trump has to do is show where he released the documents to the public right?
Wrong. He unilaterally can declare a classified document “declassified,” and this imposes on him no duty to release anything.

Now that's an actual argument based on the true facts. I can work with that, unlike all these baseless assumptions and made up facts.

Maybe Trump used bad judgement in exercising his constitutional powers over classification. There's a remedy since hes the presumptive 2024 GOP nominee: don't vote for him.

Meanwhile, the president continues to have sole authority over classification. That president is named Joe Biden. He can reclassify every document that Trump possessed at Mar a Lago. I'm surprised he hasn't done that.
Maybe Trump didn't actually declassify anything. As far as I'm aware, Trump has not stated to anyone in the government that he has declassified anything.

It doesn't make sense that Trump would declassify things in secret. There are consequences to actually declassifying information. That information now becomes public. How is the government supposed to let the public know that they can access information if the government does not know it's declassified? Furthermore, how is the Biden administration supposed to consider whether they should "reclassify" information without knowing what was declassified in the first place?

I do not put much weight in Trump saying on social media he declassified information without some actual substance to it, especially when this claim only exists on social media where it means basically nothing.

In the last point, as others have pointed out, whether Trump "declassified" or not isn't totally relevant. The documents did not belong in Trump's closet. He did not have the right to retain them. He obstructed the investigation to try to recover them. These are all problems for him regardless of whether they're classified or declassified.

Wrong. He unilaterally can declare a classified document “declassified,” and this imposes on him no duty to release anything.

Ok. Let’s back up. The Government Of, By, and For, the people can’t restrict information except as part of the classification system. Every Memo. Every finding. Every decision is part of the Public Record.

You can, under the Freedom of Information act get to look at everything but personnel files. Private information on personnel is still private.

But everything else is. When something is declassified it is released. See the Navy releasing information on the USS Scorpion.

Other than Ways or Means the information is released.

There is no such thing as Unclassified but still restricted from the public.

The thing is this. Trump had to tell someone it is declassified.

Forum List

Back