no tax return, no place on ballot

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns

LMAO, I don't even see the 9th circus upholding that shit, a State can't augment the constitutional requirements to serve as president. Also the State doesn't run primaries, the parties do.

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.
The only requirements are outlined in the constitution you stupid fuck
This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns

LMAO, I don't even see the 9th circus upholding that shit, a State can't augment the constitutional requirements to serve as president. Also the State doesn't run primaries, the parties do.

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.

States agreed to the Constitution, they can't unilaterally change it, it takes 3/4ths of the States to agree. See Article 5. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

Lol oh my god. Your hypocrisy blows my mind. States have always had their own election rules you idiot. Should all those rules be over turned now that the narrative isn’t in your favor?

What if states stated that only people who own homes are allowed to vote? There are limitations and the courts should decide what they are IMO

...on the ballot.

States agreed to the Constitution, they can't unilaterally change it, it takes 3/4ths of the States to agree. See Article 5. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

Lol oh my god. Your hypocrisy blows my mind. States have always had their own election rules you idiot. Should all those rules be over turned now that the narrative isn’t in your favor?

If they conflict with the Constitution, you bet your commie ass.

...on the ballot.

Lol you are just hysterical. Actually, the constitution states that a state can make their own election rules for qualifying candidates.

Lol you are just hysterical. Actually, the constitution states that a state can make their own election rules for qualifying candidates.

Actually you're a liar, the Constitution lays out the qualifications for reps to the federal government, to include the president. Using your logic a State could say only black trangenders can be on the ballot for president. I guess you think that would be just peachy? You commies are funny, pathetic, but funny.

Actually you're a liar, the Constitution lays out the qualifications for reps to the federal government, to include the president. Using your logic a State could say only black trangenders can be on the ballot for president. I guess you think that would be just peachy? You commies are funny, pathetic, but funny.

Uh the constitution lays out the qualifications for president but that isn’t what Cali is doing. They aren’t arguing that a candidate shouldn’t be president, they are just specifying that the candidate follow a rule to be on their ballot. It’s what states have always done. Christ, if Texas was trying to make a rule that candidates couldn’t be on a ballot unless they provided tax returns and this was a Democrat candidate withholding instead, your dumbass would defend that shit tooth and nail.

Teddy Kennedy never released his tax returns when he challenged Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Dem primary.

How about a different standard? If you destroy evidence that's under a Congressional subpoena, you don't get to be on the ballot. Hillary would have been ineligible under this rule.
Actually that was her security guy who forgot to delete them months before.

Uh the constitution lays out the qualifications for president but that isn’t what Cali is doing. They aren’t arguing that a candidate shouldn’t be president, they are just specifying that the candidate follow a rule to be on their ballot. It’s what states have always done. Christ, if Texas was trying to make a rule that candidates couldn’t be on a ballot unless they provided tax returns and this was a Democrat candidate withholding instead, your dumbass would defend that shit tooth and nail.

Yep, because the parties run their own primaries and they do their own nominations for the general election. Commiefornification can't change that. Or what the minimum requirements for a candidate can be to be on a ballot for federal office.

Federal court won't allow it because states cannot alter requirements for presidential candidates but practically speaking Trump would get far more write-in votes than anyone who runs as a Repub in Cali.
In the end it would be a PR bonanza for Trump.

McMullin was denied being on many state ballots because he did not meet their requirements. Every state has requirements for presidential candidates to be on their ballots.

It's because he missed their deadlines, not because of the states trying to alter the US Constitution of requirements to be President. In this case, CA is saying they are adding a new requirement to run for President outside of the US Constitution which is unconstitutional.

You can't just go to a state and say "Hey, I decided to run for President.." They don't have time to print the ballots for that. They need the proper paperwork, support of the people, and enough time to make those ballots available to every voter.

Wrong. They are adding a requirement to run for President. If the founders wanted states to make their own requirements, they would have stated so in the Constitution. The state of Commie Fornia decided to change the requirements which is unconstitutional, and they know it.

No, the person can still run for president, they are not stopping them. You are just making things up.

No, what they are saying is HE CAN'T run for President in their state. Again, totally unconstitutional.

That's like my state saying before the Romney election, all contenders must provide their college transcripts and original birth certificate. Do you think my state would have been able to do that for DumBama's reelection?
The Constitution does not mandate a popular election for electors who will select the president. The 14th Amendment does mention the choosing of Electors, but is relevant only when Electors are elected by popular vote. There is similar mention in the 24th Amendment. In other words, Electors could be appointed by a state's legislature, or the legislature could empower the governor to choose electors. If a state decides on a public election as method selecting electors which all states do, then state law determines the requirements for electors and how the election is run.

In accordance with the constitution California is free as to how it selects electors which can be in any manor it chooses as long as it does not violate state or federal law. And requiring all candidates to submit tax returns violates neither. If Trump does not submit his tax returns, he will loose a huge of number of voters in the popular vote but still could become president. If this would spread to other states in which Trump is looking to win, then this could be a huge problem for the president. If could well force him to release his tax returns. If this would happen it would bring to light a big problem in the constitution.

The big problem is not the Constitution. The big problem are Democrats.

Waa, we lost so you got to get rid of punch card ballots.
Waa, we lost so you got to get rid of Diebold machines.
Waa, we lost so we need to get rid of the electoral college.
Waa, we lost so we need to get rid of gerrymandering.
Waa, we lost so we need to stop Voter-ID.
Waa, we lost so we need exit polls to tell us who won.
Waa, we lost so we need to lower the voting age to 16.

It just never stops with Democrats. Not once have I ever heard a Democrat say we lost, and it's our fault we lost. We need to change what we are doing.
Essentially the same thing occurs with republicans. Politicians rarely admit to mistakes regardless of party because it's generally bad politics. Republicans are no better than Democrats. I was a republican for 25 years and worked in two campaigns. The fact is many politicians chose a party based on what they perceive as the likelihood of winning elections. That is exactly what Trump did. Ideology is not the determining factor. If you think republicans are any better than democrats, you've lost the ability to think objectively. Political parties build stereotypes of the opposition which are no more accurate than racial, ethnic, or social stereotype. Party faithfuls repeat those stereotypes so often they actually believe them.

Last edited:

You are debating procedure vs requirements. They are not the same thing. States can have certain procedures to run for President, but they cannot alter the US Constitution on requirements.

Creating a law that all candidates must reveal their tax return is not procedure, they are making it a requirement.

Wrong. They are adding a requirement to run for President. If the founders wanted states to make their own requirements, they would have stated so in the Constitution. The state of Commie Fornia decided to change the requirements which is unconstitutional, and they know it.

No, the person can still run for president, they are not stopping them. You are just making things up.

No, what they are saying is HE CAN'T run for President in their state. Again, totally unconstitutional.

That's like my state saying before the Romney election, all contenders must provide their college transcripts and original birth certificate. Do you think my state would have been able to do that for DumBama's reelection?
The Constitution does not mandate a popular election for electors who will select the president. The 14th Amendment does mention the choosing of Electors, but is relevant only when Electors are elected by popular vote. There is similar mention in the 24th Amendment. In other words, Electors could be appointed by a state's legislature, or the legislature could empower the governor to choose electors. If a state decides on a public election as method selecting electors which all states do, then state law determines the requirements for electors and how the election is run.

In accordance with the constitution California is free as to how it selects electors which can be in any manor it chooses as long as it does not violate state or federal law. And requiring all candidates to submit tax returns violates neither. If Trump does not submit his tax returns, he will loose a huge of number of voters in the popular vote but still could become president. If this would spread to other states in which Trump is looking to win, then this could be a huge problem for the president. If could well force him to release his tax returns. If this would happen it would bring to light a big problem in the constitution.

The big problem is not the Constitution. The big problem are Democrats.

Waa, we lost so you got to get rid of punch card ballots.
Waa, we lost so you got to get rid of Diebold machines.
Waa, we lost so we need to get rid of the electoral college.
Waa, we lost so we need to get rid of gerrymandering.
Waa, we lost so we need to stop Voter-ID.
Waa, we lost so we need exit polls to tell us who won.
Waa, we lost so we need to lower the voting age to 16.

It just never stops with Democrats. Not once have I ever heard a Democrat say we lost, and it's our fault we lost. We need to change what we are doing.
Essentially the same thing occurs with republicans. Politicians rarely admit mistakes regardless of party because it's generally bad politics. Republicans are no better than Democrats. I was a republican for 25 years and worked in two campaigns. The fact is many politicians chose a party based what they perceive as the likelihood of winning elections. That is exactly what Trump did. Ideology is not the determining factor.

Yet nearly all of Trump's accomplishments and attempted accomplishments are more conservative than Reagan.

...on the ballot.

The only requirements are outlined in the constitution you stupid fuck
This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.
Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

...on the ballot.

Lol
His taxes are his own business... not yours.
You sound Like a spineless motherfucker

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

Forum List

Back