no tax return, no place on ballot

Good go ahead and do it. It's a federal election, if they don't put Trump on the ballot. Then California's votes are null and void.
All he has to do is follow the rules. His choice to be, or not be on the ballot.
It's not federal law to show your tax returns. If California doesn't put Trump on the ballot than the state' electoral college vote wouldn't count on the federal level. Therefore won't mean shit on the presidential election. So I would be happy for them to do it. Give Trump the win!

Good go ahead and do it. It's a federal election, if they don't put Trump on the ballot. Then California's votes are null and void.
All he has to do is follow the rules. His choice to be, or not be on the ballot.
It's not federal law to show your tax returns. If California doesn't put Trump on the ballot than the state' electoral college vote wouldn't count on the federal level. Therefore won't mean shit on the presidential election. So I would be happy for them to do it. Give Trump the win!
Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.

LMAO, I don't even see the 9th circus upholding that shit, a State can't augment the constitutional requirements to serve as president. Also the State doesn't run primaries, the parties do.

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.
The only requirements are outlined in the constitution you stupid fuck
This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.
Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

Yet the Constitution grants states the authority to determine how their electors are chosen, and California is well within its constitutional right to include this requirement. California already requires candidates to make disclosures about themselves to better inform voters so they can make intelligent choices. How can adding a requirement that all candidates disclose their tax forms be illegally?

Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.
Maybe because there's no good reason for you to see them.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.
This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.
Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

Yet the Constitution grants states the authority to determine how their electors are chosen, and California is well within its constitutional right to include this requirement. California already requires candidates to make disclosures about themselves to better inform voters so they can make intelligent choices. How can adding a requirement that all candidates disclose their tax forms be illegally?

Because it puts another requirement above and beyond those listed in the Constitution. 35 years or older, Natural Born Citizen,

That's it.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?
Ever change your mind on something?

Ever change your mind on something?

No. If I promised over and over I would do something, I feel obligated to do so. We wonder why other countries won't negotiate with Trump?

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.

No, the state cannot pass such a law. The requirements to be a President of the United States are outlined in the US Constitution. No state can change that by adding on to it without a constitutional amendment.

Democrats still plugging up our courts with childish bullshit that will never work.

pretend Trump isnt suing congress to cover his fat ass -
didn't trump just a win a suit against him? thrown out by a judge, for guess what, a suit from the Demolosers that they just had thrown out.

Because it puts another requirement above and beyond those listed in the Constitution. 35 years or older, Natural Born Citizen,

That's it.
A primary is a state election, not a federal election. There is no constitutional violation. States can put whatever requirements they choose on candidates as long it applies to all candidates.

First a State has no authority under the Constitution to add a requirement to qualify for any federal office, second they have no authority to force disclosure of documents that are confidential under federal law. It's not really complicated.

That's it.
A primary is a state election, not a federal election. There is no constitution violation. States can put whatever requirements they choose on candidates as long it applies to all candidates.

Do you have any precedent for that?

Most restrictions are based on making sure the ballots are not 500 pages long, with signature requirements.

None have ever been based on disclosure of information beyond the federal requirements.

You would lose in court.

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns
Lol
His taxes are his own business... not yours.
You sound Like a spineless motherfucker

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

That's why they do financial statements.

Trump is a known liar. I want to see what he sent to the IRS.

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.

No, the state cannot pass such a law. The requirements to be a President of the United States are outlined in the US Constitution. No state can change that by adding on to it without a constitutional amendment.

Democrats still plugging up our courts with childish bullshit that will never work.

pretend Trump isnt suing congress to cover his fat ass -
didn't trump just a win a suit against him? thrown out by a judge, for guess what, a suit from the Demolosers that they just had thrown out.

link

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns
Lol

As an aside, I also wanted to know what was in Hillary's speeches to Wall Street.

...on the ballot.

Lol

As an aside, I also wanted to know what was in Hillary's speeches to Wall Street.
So did I.

Forum List

Back