no tax return, no place on ballot

This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.
Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

Yet the Constitution grants states the authority to determine how their electors are chosen, and California is well within its constitutional right to include this requirement. California already requires candidates to make disclosures about themselves to better inform voters so they can make intelligent choices. How can adding a requirement that all candidates disclose their tax forms be illegally?

Because it puts another requirement above and beyond those listed in the Constitution. 35 years or older, Natural Born Citizen,

That's it.
A primary is a state election, not a federal election. There is no constitutional violation. States can put whatever requirements they choose on candidates as long it applies to all candidates.

It's still blackmail. If CA has another slug around, they can get him or her to challenge Trump in a primary even if they know they're going to lose. If a court didn't shoot this stupidity down (and I'm sure they will) then that would disqualify Trump from running in CA.

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

That's why they do financial statements.

Trump is a known liar. I want to see what he sent to the IRS.

As an aside, I also wanted to know what was in Hillary's speeches to Wall Street.

So did Trump. That's why he said he'd release his tax returns if she provided a transcript of what she yelped about at those speeches. Hillary declined the offer BTW.

He said he would release them as soon as the audit was over. There was no audit and it most certainly would be over by now even if there had been.

Does it never grow tiring trying to defend a habitual liar?
how do you know there was/is no audit?

As an aside, I also wanted to know what was in Hillary's speeches to Wall Street.

So did Trump. That's why he said he'd release his tax returns if she provided a transcript of what she yelped about at those speeches. Hillary declined the offer BTW.

He said he would release them as soon as the audit was over. There was no audit and it most certainly would be over by now even if there had been.

His lawyer stated he knew of no such audit.

Good go ahead and do it. It's a federal election, if they don't put Trump on the ballot. Then California's votes are null and void.
All he has to do is follow the rules. His choice to be, or not be on the ballot.

Like Immigration rules?
giphy.gif

There you go!!!! Those are actually laws and not just rules.

Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.
Maybe because there's no good reason for you to see them.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?

Like "nobody making less than 250K a year will see a tax increase of any kind; no new taxes?"

Show me a politician that hasn't lied, and I'll show you a waitress that refuses to accept tips.

His lawyer stated he knew of no such audit.
which lawyer is that? jay Sekulow? That's his lawyer.

Where's the IRS at to say he isn't?

Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up the fastest. Federal law says tax returns are confidential and release without the taxpayers consent is a felony. Neither you or CA has the authority to force a taxpayer to release their returns.

I don't for sure. I tried already. I'll let the the folks in the state government handle it from here on out.
again;

Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up the fastest. Federal law says tax returns are confidential and release without the taxpayers consent is a felony. Neither you or CA has the authority to force a taxpayer to release their returns.
AGAIN -

You are yapping at the wrong person. I've already conceded my inability to force Trump to do anything.

I don't for sure. I tried already. I'll let the the folks in the state government handle it from here on out.
again;

AGAIN -

You are yapping at the wrong person. I've already conceded my inability to force Trump to do anything.
you're the one that said you let the state handle it, I merely pointed out that it's the same for them.

Lol
His taxes are his own business... not yours.
You sound Like a spineless motherfucker

Oh come now! You know Trump was NEVER going to release his taxes willingly. Never. That was just another of his many many lies.

Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?

Like "nobody making less than 250K a year will see a tax increase of any kind; no new taxes?"

Show me a politician that hasn't lied, and I'll show you a waitress that refuses to accept tips.

I've noted this before......yes, just like that. Obama lied constantly and I will never make excuses for his lies. I will argue that it was Obama's lies that directly led to Trump getting elected.

I noted before, I do not know a lie Sanders has told. When I said this before I was presented with fringe websites that simply disagreed with him.

Oh come now! You know Trump was NEVER going to release his taxes willingly. Never. That was just another of his many many lies.
is the audit over? it seems you believe you know something for which you have no possible knowledge of.

I've noted this before......yes, just like that. Obama lied constantly and I will never make excuses for his lies. I will argue that it was Obama's lies that directly led to Trump getting elected.

I noted before, I do not know a lie Sanders has told. When I said this before I was presented with fringe websites that simply disagreed with him.
who pays for all of his freebies then? If someone is paying, then they're not free and that is all a lie.

stupid people like you believe anything I see.

That's only if you don't run with a supporting party. It applies to Independents and write-ins.

Is it in the Constitution as a requirement to be president?

No, it's in the state filing system. But those laws are created for organizational purposes, not because one candidate doesn't want to do a particular thing. Like I said, it's no different than when Ears didn't want anybody to see his college transcripts or original birth certificate. If my state made a requirement of either, it would have been created for one individual and is basically blackmail.

Again, while I do suspect the courts will stop it, I do not think it is as black and white as all the Trumpians think it is.

Also, it addresses all candidates equally,

No, it only addresses one candidate in particular. It’s adding a new requirement to the requirements already in the Constitution.

Every candidate will have to follow the rule, not just one.

You keep saying that but you have not shown how it is fundamentally different than the ballot access rules already in place

I've shown it repeatedly, but one more time.

Ballot access rules are paperwork and planning. That's all. It's to make sure all their ducks are in a row before the election. It;s for organizational purposes only. It is not a personal requirement to run for President.

Ballot rules have to do with running for President, tax returns do not. Tax returns are pure politics, not a requirement to run for the position.

I understand you are a Trump hater and leftist, but even you have to admit this stupid soon to be shot down law was created out of spite and revenge, nothing more. It has no place in our election system. It would be like if Biden was going to be running against Trump, and my state said in order to run, every candidate must show all their dealings with China and the Ukraine.

who pays for all of his freebies then? If someone is paying, then they're not free and that is all a lie.

Yes, the idea that they are "free" is a lie. Bernie has a program to pay for everything he proposed.

The dummies who want this apparently believe that Trump's tax returns will show some sort of criminal behavior.
:laughing0301:

Y'all know that the Dems in congress have likely seen Trump's tax returns, don't you?

They just can't use them as political fodder and show them to the public, and it is pissing them off to no end.

The dummies who want this apparently believe that Trump's tax returns will show some sort of criminal behavior.

Y'all know that the Dems in congress have likely seen Trump's tax returns, don't you?

They just can't use them as political fodder and show them to the public, and it is pissing them off to no end.

Democrats are born criminals. If they had Trump's returns, they would have leaked them to the media long ago.

Forum List

Back