no tax return, no place on ballot

Is it in the Constitution as a requirement to be president?

No, it's in the state filing system. But those laws are created for organizational purposes, not because one candidate doesn't want to do a particular thing. Like I said, it's no different than when Ears didn't want anybody to see his college transcripts or original birth certificate. If my state made a requirement of either, it would have been created for one individual and is basically blackmail.

Again, while I do suspect the courts will stop it, I do not think it is as black and white as all the Trumpians think it is.

Also, it addresses all candidates equally,

No, it only addresses one candidate in particular. It’s adding a new requirement to the requirements already in the Constitution.

Every candidate will have to follow the rule, not just one.

You keep saying that but you have not shown how it is fundamentally different than the ballot access rules already in place

I've shown it repeatedly, but one more time.

Ballot access rules are paperwork and planning. That's all. It's to make sure all their ducks are in a row before the election. It;s for organizational purposes only. It is not a personal requirement to run for President.

Ballot rules have to do with running for President, tax returns do not. Tax returns are pure politics, not a requirement to run for the position.

I understand you are a Trump hater and leftist, but even you have to admit this stupid soon to be shot down law was created out of spite and revenge, nothing more. It has no place in our election system. It would be like if Biden was going to be running against Trump, and my state said in order to run, every candidate must show all their dealings with China and the Ukraine.
That's why I think those who want this should get a taste of their own medicine.

Think of all the ballot restrictions you can imagine that will completely rid congress of Democrats, and start pushing for them.

It will be comedy gold to watch the bullshit excuses.

:laugh:

Maybe because there's no good reason for you to see them.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?

Like "nobody making less than 250K a year will see a tax increase of any kind; no new taxes?"

Show me a politician that hasn't lied, and I'll show you a waitress that refuses to accept tips.

I've noted this before......yes, just like that. Obama lied constantly and I will never make excuses for his lies. I will argue that it was Obama's lies that directly led to Trump getting elected.

I noted before, I do not know a lie Sanders has told. When I said this before I was presented with fringe websites that simply disagreed with him.
who pays for all of his freebies then? If someone is paying, then they're not free and that is all a lie.

Yes, the idea that they are "free" is a lie. Bernie has a program to pay for everything he proposed.
so you lied, he lies everyday promoting his free shit daily.

Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.

Then say that. Don't continue to promise you will. Should a persons word not be worth something?

Like "nobody making less than 250K a year will see a tax increase of any kind; no new taxes?"

Show me a politician that hasn't lied, and I'll show you a waitress that refuses to accept tips.

I've noted this before......yes, just like that. Obama lied constantly and I will never make excuses for his lies. I will argue that it was Obama's lies that directly led to Trump getting elected.

I noted before, I do not know a lie Sanders has told. When I said this before I was presented with fringe websites that simply disagreed with him.

For one, Sander's said Trump is a racist. That's a lie right there.

The dummies who want this apparently believe that Trump's tax returns will show some sort of criminal behavior.
:laughing0301:

Y'all know that the Dems in congress have likely seen Trump's tax returns, don't you?

They just can't use them as political fodder and show them to the public, and it is pissing them off to no end.

:laughing0301:

Democrats are born criminals. If they had Trump's returns, they would have leaked them to the media long ago.
I believe they have the authority to review them, at least the weighs and means committee.

What they can't do is disclose them. They can't get their own copies. Otherwise they would have leaked them long ago, but I believe that they are allowed to review them.

who pays for all of his freebies then? If someone is paying, then they're not free and that is all a lie.

Yes, the idea that they are "free" is a lie. Bernie has a program to pay for everything he proposed.

No, as I noted, he has a program to pay for every one of his programs. You can continue to ignore that but that doesn't make Sanders the liar.

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

That's why they do financial statements.

Trump is a known liar. I want to see what he sent to the IRS.

As an aside, I also wanted to know what was in Hillary's speeches to Wall Street.

So did Trump. That's why he said he'd release his tax returns if she provided a transcript of what she yelped about at those speeches. Hillary declined the offer BTW.
Oh come now! You know Trump was NEVER going to release his taxes willingly. Never. That was just another of his many many lies.

And?

Well that's probably why it only applies to the primary. But it'll still be fun to deny Trump the primary win, if nothing else. I still don't understand what he is trying so hard to hide in his taxes. He said he would release them. Another lie.

For one, Sander's said Trump is a racist. That's a lie right there.

That's an opinion many agree with.

No, as I noted, he has a program to pay for every one of his programs. You can continue to ignore that but that doesn't make Sanders the liar.
name one program! where is it funded? free college, who actually pays, it isn't free? that's like free shipping from Amazon, but you have to give them 100 bucks a year to get free shipping. That means it isn't free. fk dude, free public high schools are paid with property taxes in most states, that's my money paying for kids that aren't mine. that isn't free sucka

name one program! where is it funded? free college, who actually pays, it isn't free? that's like free shipping from Amazon, but you have to give them 100 bucks a year to get free shipping. That means it isn't free. fk dude, free public high schools are paid with property taxes in most states, that's my money paying for kids that aren't mine. that isn't free sucka

You are the one yelling "Free Free Free" but when I tell you that is your argument, you want me to prove your argument. I can not.

Sanders pays for his Education program.

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.

Let's apply that same standard to all Demcraps. Starting with you and all the Democraps on this forum. l Post your tax returns for the last 5 years on this forum, and then I'll take your positions that everyone else should be required to post their tax returns seriously.

Until then, I declare you and all those like you, just disgusting hypocrites, demanding others do what you yourselves do not.

I'm not a Democrat but if you would like to start over with a post written like an adult as opposed to a 7th grader, I'd be happy to discuss whatever your complaint is.

Your post implies I care what you think. I don't.

If you want to respond, then respond. If you don't because of whatever reasoning you wish, I don't care. You must be very self-important if you think it matters to me if you reply to my complaint.

Do whatever you want man. It's an open forum.

And do you know what that plan is? Tax the wealthy at 70%. How many people would earn that kind of money if they were going to give most of it to the government? HIs plan would put us in a recession we could never get out of until the Democrats were out of leadership and the Republicans took over.

If the tax rate were 0%, the federal government would collect 0 dollars. If the tax rate were 100%, the federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.

Let's apply that same standard to all Demcraps. Starting with you and all the Democraps on this forum. l Post your tax returns for the last 5 years on this forum, and then I'll take your positions that everyone else should be required to post their tax returns seriously.

Until then, I declare you and all those like you, just disgusting hypocrites, demanding others do what you yourselves do not.

I'm not a Democrat but if you would like to start over with a post written like an adult as opposed to a 7th grader, I'd be happy to discuss whatever your complaint is.

Your post implies I care what you think. I don't.

I'm sure you don't.

And do you know what that plan is? Tax the wealthy at 70%.

I posted his education plan and no, that is not what it does. Educating yourself on these things are not important to you is it?

Teddy Kennedy never released his tax returns when he challenged Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Dem primary.

How about a different standard? If you destroy evidence that's under a Congressional subpoena, you don't get to be on the ballot. Hillary would have been ineligible under this rule.
Did Ted Kennedy promise he would then lie?
Did Ted Kennedy get the nomination?
Did Ted Kennedy get elected?

Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

Yet the Constitution grants states the authority to determine how their electors are chosen, and California is well within its constitutional right to include this requirement. California already requires candidates to make disclosures about themselves to better inform voters so they can make intelligent choices. How can adding a requirement that all candidates disclose their tax forms be illegally?

Because it puts another requirement above and beyond those listed in the Constitution. 35 years or older, Natural Born Citizen,

That's it.
A primary is a state election, not a federal election. There is no constitution violation. States can put whatever requirements they choose on candidates as long it applies to all candidates.

Do you have any precedent for that?

Most restrictions are based on making sure the ballots are not 500 pages long, with signature requirements.

None have ever been based on disclosure of information beyond the federal requirements.

You would lose in court.
The state of California is not altering requirements for the presidency. They are altering the requirements to appear on the ballot of a state primary. Political parties can nominate whoever they choose for president by whatever method they choose.

"The Supreme Court has said that states have broad latitude over who is going to be on the ballot so long as they aren’t discriminating based on wealth and ideology."

Since the law requires tax returns be filled by the end of the year and there will be multiple cases filled in federal court, it seems unlikely that this will be resolved in the courts before the end of the year. Some federal judge will issue an injunction against the state which will effectively save the royal ass of the president once again.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

Yet the Constitution grants states the authority to determine how their electors are chosen, and California is well within its constitutional right to include this requirement. California already requires candidates to make disclosures about themselves to better inform voters so they can make intelligent choices. How can adding a requirement that all candidates disclose their tax forms be illegally?

Because it puts another requirement above and beyond those listed in the Constitution. 35 years or older, Natural Born Citizen,

That's it.
A primary is a state election, not a federal election. There is no constitution violation. States can put whatever requirements they choose on candidates as long it applies to all candidates.

Do you have any precedent for that?

Most restrictions are based on making sure the ballots are not 500 pages long, with signature requirements.

None have ever been based on disclosure of information beyond the federal requirements.

You would lose in court.
The state of California is not altering requirements for the presidency. They are altering the requirements to appear on the ballot of a state primary. Political parties can nominate whoever they choose for president by whatever method they choose.

"The Supreme Court has said that states have broad latitude over who is going to be on the ballot so long as they aren’t discriminating based on wealth and ideology."

Since the law requires tax returns be filled by the end of the year and there will be multiple cases filled in federal court, it seems unlikely that this will be resolved in the courts before the end of the year. Some federal judge will issue an injunction against the state which will effectively save the royal ass of the president once again.

I think Trump will win this argument. I obviously do not say this as someone who supports Trump.

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns
Lol
His taxes are his own business... not yours.
You sound Like a spineless motherfucker

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

That's why they do financial statements.

Trump is a known liar. I want to see what he sent to the IRS.

Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up the fastest. Federal law says tax returns are confidential and release without the taxpayers consent is a felony. Neither you or CA has the authority to force a taxpayer to release their returns.

California is not forcing Trump to release his tax return. It's his choice.

You are the one yelling "Free Free Free" but when I tell you that is your argument, you want me to prove your argument. I can not.

Sanders pays for his Education program.

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file
Fully Paid for by Imposing a Robin Hood Tax on Wall Street. This legislation is offset by imposing a Wall Street speculation fee on investment houses, hedge funds, and other speculators of 0.5% on stock trades (50 cents for every $100 worth of stock), a 0.1% fee on bonds, and a 0.005% fee on derivatives. It has been estimated that this provision could raise hundreds of billions a year which could be used not only to make tuition free at public colleges and universities in this country, it could also be used to create millions of jobs and rebuild the middle class of this country

The pipe dream, he's always looking to fk the middle class. that's all that will do.

Forum List

Back