no tax return, no place on ballot

LMAO, I don't even see the 9th circus upholding that shit, a State can't augment the constitutional requirements to serve as president. Also the State doesn't run primaries, the parties do.

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.

States agreed to the Constitution, they can't unilaterally change it, it takes 3/4ths of the States to agree. See Article 5. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

Lol oh my god. Your hypocrisy blows my mind. States have always had their own election rules you idiot. Should all those rules be over turned now that the narrative isn’t in your favor?

If they conflict with the Constitution, you bet your commie ass.

Lol you are just hysterical. Actually, the constitution states that a state can make their own election rules for qualifying candidates.

I doubt the courts would allow a law that was an attempt to single out one person.

Just like with Roberts tossing the citizenship question out because the administration lied, I doubt that this could honestly be defended in court

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns

LMAO, I don't even see the 9th circus upholding that shit, a State can't augment the constitutional requirements to serve as president. Also the State doesn't run primaries, the parties do.

Lol I love how you only support states’ rights when it fits your agenda. Typical republican.
The only requirements are outlined in the constitution you stupid fuck
This isn’t about disqualify him for office. That has nothing to do with the language of the bill. It’s stated in the constitution that states can make their own rules on their own ballots. It’s simply a rule of appearing on the ballot.
Remember this is not the general election, it's the republican primary. Assuming Trump is the republican candidate, he will still appear on the ballot in general elections. This is nothing but a political move aimed at getting Trump to release his tax forms.

That's exactly why the courts will bitch slap them. It's pure politics, not a proper State interest.

...on the ballot.

Ah, I love this. I can’t wait to see how this would turn out for Trump. Fuck him. I hope he cowers from the challenge.

California becomes first state to bar Trump from 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns
Lol
His taxes are his own business... not yours.
You sound Like a spineless motherfucker

I think a country has a right to know about any conflicts of interests.

I think a candidate should simply be open and honest here though.

That's why they do financial statements.

States agreed to the Constitution, they can't unilaterally change it, it takes 3/4ths of the States to agree. See Article 5. You commies just crack me up. LMAO

Lol oh my god. Your hypocrisy blows my mind. States have always had their own election rules you idiot. Should all those rules be over turned now that the narrative isn’t in your favor?

Lol you are just hysterical. Actually, the constitution states that a state can make their own election rules for qualifying candidates.

I doubt the courts would allow a law that was an attempt to single out one person.

Just like with Roberts tossing the citizenship question out because the administration lied, I doubt that this could honestly be defended in court
It’s not singling out one person. It’s for anyone who doesn’t release their tax returns.

It’s not singling out one person. It’s for anyone who doesn’t release their tax returns.

I doubt the court buys that.

I doubt the court buys that.
Trump’s name isn’t singled out in the language of the law therefore those filing the suit couldn’t possibly make that argument.

Tax returns are confidential so it's illegal to pass a law forcing candidates to release them to the public.

Those are filing requirements, not qualification requirements. It's more about fees and deadlines if anything. But I just want you to remember this:

View attachment 271990

This is what I'll be posting to your reply back on this topic after the court shoots it down.

They are requirements to be on the ballot.

I suspect the courts will, but I do not think it is as black and white as your little mind makes is.

I also do not agree with it, but that is irrelevant.

Filing requirements are pure paperwork is all. This is blackmail. Sorry you can't see the difference, but the court will.

collecting 10,000 signatures is more than just paperwork

That's only if you don't run with a supporting party. It applies to Independents and write-ins.

Is it in the Constitution as a requirement to be president?

Actually you're a liar, the Constitution lays out the qualifications for reps to the federal government, to include the president. Using your logic a State could say only black trangenders can be on the ballot for president. I guess you think that would be just peachy? You commies are funny, pathetic, but funny.

Uh the constitution lays out the qualifications for president but that isn’t what Cali is doing. They aren’t arguing that a candidate shouldn’t be president, they are just specifying that the candidate follow a rule to be on their ballot. It’s what states have always done. Christ, if Texas was trying to make a rule that candidates couldn’t be on a ballot unless they provided tax returns and this was a Democrat candidate withholding instead, your dumbass would defend that shit tooth and nail.

Yep, because the parties run their own primaries and they do their own nominations for the general election. Commiefornification can't change that. Or what the minimum requirements for a candidate can be to be on a ballot for federal office.

Yet every state has a minimum number of signatures you must collect to be on their ballot

Those are filing requirements, not qualification requirements. It's more about fees and deadlines if anything. But I just want you to remember this:

View attachment 271990

This is what I'll be posting to your reply back on this topic after the court shoots it down.

I suspect the courts will, but I do not think it is as black and white as your little mind makes is.

Filing requirements are pure paperwork is all. This is blackmail. Sorry you can't see the difference, but the court will.

That's only if you don't run with a supporting party. It applies to Independents and write-ins.

No, it's in the state filing system. But those laws are created for organizational purposes, not because one candidate doesn't want to do a particular thing. Like I said, it's no different than when Ears didn't want anybody to see his college transcripts or original birth certificate. If my state made a requirement of either, it would have been created for one individual and is basically blackmail.

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.
/—-/ And if Red States ban pro abortion candidates from the ballot you’ll be cool with that, right?
Oh red states don't need to do that. Their elections are already rigged through voter suppression.
/—-/ Red State voter suppression translated = only US citizens, registered and alive are allowed to vote ONCE.

No, it's in the state filing system. But those laws are created for organizational purposes, not because one candidate doesn't want to do a particular thing. Like I said, it's no different than when Ears didn't want anybody to see his college transcripts or original birth certificate. If my state made a requirement of either, it would have been created for one individual and is basically blackmail.

Again, while I do suspect the courts will stop it, I do not think it is as black and white as all the Trumpians think it is.

Also, it addresses all candidates equally,

Again, while I do suspect the courts will stop it, I do not think it is as black and white as all the Trumpians think it is.

No, it only addresses one candidate in particular. It’s adding a new requirement to the requirements already in the Constitution.

No, it only addresses one candidate in particular. It’s adding a new requirement to the requirements already in the Constitution.

Every candidate will have to follow the rule, not just one.

You keep saying that but you have not shown how it is fundamentally different than the ballot access rules already in place

One thing we should note that we have not. Trump did promise to release them.

Another lie it would seem.

"If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."

Feb 25 2015

"Tax experts throughout the media agree that no sane person would give their tax returns during an audit," he said. "After the audit, no problem!"

Feb 2016

No, he is not still being audited.

"I don't mind releasing. I'm under a routine audit, and it will be released. As soon as the audit's finished, it will be released,"

Oct 2016

Trump even got Pence to lie for him.

"going to release his tax returns when the audit is over."

Jan 2017

All the things Donald Trump has said about releasing his tax returns

It's hard to imagine what kind of mental deficiency would make a person so obsessed with seeing another persons tax return. So now we are going to allow these mouth foamers to rewrite election law? What next, bring back the poll tax or have an intelligence test to determine eligibility? Democrats are too crazy to rule.

It's hard to imagine what kind of mental deficiency would make a person so obsessed with seeing another persons tax return. So now we are going to allow these mouth foamers to rewrite election law? What next, bring back the poll tax or have an intelligence test to determine eligibility? Democrats are too crazy to rule.

I care less. I do want a president that isn't so detached from the truth though.

If you don't want to release it, just say so. Once you say you will, you need to live up to your word.

Good go ahead and do it. It's a federal election, if they don't put Trump on the ballot. Then California's votes are null and void.

Forum List

Back