No Thanks?

Yeah, I can see a huge potential for abuse. Those that don't like a person or their views can all pile on and no-thank an interesting post. That kind of hurts the post and stifles free speech. If someone is being a troll, the only thing to do is skip it, put them on ignore, or report it if you feel they are always off-topic.

I use thanks because you can appreciate a post someone made especially if they have posted something you wanted to say yourself but they said it much better.

If someone posts something I don't like I just respond in the thread to them with what I don't like or don't agree with about their post.

I don't see a reason for no thanks, the rep system covers all that kind of stuff in my opinion.

I opted out of rep so I can just discuss the issue with people and not make it a popularity contest to boost my ego or for others to use it in personal ways to be hateful privately by sending mean notes on the rep :dunno:

I'd rather get rid of the thanks button then add a no-thanks button. :cool:

Well said. The important difference, IMO, is the author of a post who receives a large number of "Thanks" gets immediate feedback for a quality post. People who regularly post 'idiotgrams' or glib single one-liners can also receive immediate feedback that their comment is viewed poorly by the community.

Negative reps are for the malicious, mendacious and mean; a No Thanks for the foolish members of the echo chamber who have nothing to offer and prove it over and over.

Yeah but we also can opt to put those people whose posts we chronically do not like to read on ignore.

I don't know the rep system is basically used for letting a person know they are popular or for shaming them, rep status let's everyone know what people think of you.

If you opt-out of rep and still aren't liked people can just place you on ignore.

Just my opinion:cool:

Yeah, I can see a huge potential for abuse. Those that don't like a person or their views can all pile on and no-thank an interesting post. That kind of hurts the post and stifles free speech. If someone is being a troll, the only thing to do is skip it, put them on ignore, or report it if you feel they are always off-topic.

Ya. It would go from rep circle jerks to "no thanks" and "thanks" circle jerks. Just what this board needs is another circle jerk.

No Thanks.

If WC doesn't care for a post, he/she/it doesn't have to Thank It or can Neg Rep it. We don't need yet another feedback mechanism.

Isn't that just like a conservative, ..."but we've never done it that way"

That isn't even remotely what I said, but NO THANKS for providing a standard rote moonbat response.

I use thanks because you can appreciate a post someone made especially if they have posted something you wanted to say yourself but they said it much better.

If someone posts something I don't like I just respond in the thread to them with what I don't like or don't agree with about their post.

I don't see a reason for no thanks, the rep system covers all that kind of stuff in my opinion.

I opted out of rep so I can just discuss the issue with people and not make it a popularity contest to boost my ego or for others to use it in personal ways to be hateful privately by sending mean notes on the rep :dunno:

I'd rather get rid of the thanks button then add a no-thanks button. :cool:

Well said. The important difference, IMO, is the author of a post who receives a large number of "Thanks" gets immediate feedback for a quality post. People who regularly post 'idiotgrams' or glib single one-liners can also receive immediate feedback that their comment is viewed poorly by the community.

Negative reps are for the malicious, mendacious and mean; a No Thanks for the foolish members of the echo chamber who have nothing to offer and prove it over and over.
Is your ego so fragile it requires validation from anonymous internet strangers?

Honestly, I don't think this idea could fly. To me, a "thank" is a soft rep.

A no-thanks would be a pimp's way out of a neg rep.

If someone is going to neg me, I'd rather get a slapdown than a pimpdown.

Negative Reps are for felonies, not simply stupid or obnoxious posts. My default is to offer a "Thanks for Sharing", a no thanks seems simpler and cleaner.

You'd rack up a huge No Thanks total then, so be careful what you wish for, bub.

He's been here four years and only has 1323 rep points.

:D

Oh, poor me. Do I care? Nah.

Morons like you receive positive feedback from other morons. The above comment in re circle jerks was spot on. You, and willow tree, Stephanie, crusaderfrank and other 'echoers' are the "simply stupid or obnoxious" ones I had in mind when I posted this thread.

I will continue to us my "Thanks for sharing" response for most of the posts by those noted above, as the "No Thanks" yang seems unpopular even as the "Thanks" Ying has popular support.

And Daveboy, "Thanks for sharing"

There is an old saying that even a blind pig will find an acorn, or a stupid farmer can grow big potatoes, or a liberal can have a good idea.

I think an option of NO THANKS, right next to the THANKS button is a good idea. Many times I just have not got the time and inclination to go and neg rep, or reply with a non-approving post, so if thanks can be expressed, so should be disapproval.

You'd rack up a huge No Thanks total then, so be careful what you wish for, bub.

He's been here four years and only has 1323 rep points.

:D

Oh, poor me. Do I care? Nah.

Morons like you receive positive feedback from other morons. The above comment in re circle jerks was spot on. You, and willow tree, Stephanie, crusaderfrank and other 'echoers' are the "simply stupid or obnoxious" ones I had in mind when I posted this thread.

I will continue to us my "Thanks for sharing" response for most of the posts by those noted above, as the "No Thanks" yang seems unpopular even as the "Thanks" Ying has popular support.

And Daveboy, "Thanks for sharing"
Have you all noticed that it's the guys with little dicks who say size doesn't matter?

:lmao:

Fly Paper, you'd have a huge pile of No Thanks. Guaranteed.

Then you'd whine about it. Guaranteed.

Forum List

Back