🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Way Out for Putin

Probably not. They value a peaceful, civil society. Haven't you noticed? I think specifically for the Gulf States
They learned to live with the Israeli nuke, which I believe is a defensive weapon, yet when Iran started spouting off about their nuclear ambitions, suddenly SA wants them and most likely, others. I could see escalation and reaction, depending on the faction ruling in anyone of those countries.

The best way out of this is for Russians to revolt and refuse to engage in this war any longer, and if it’s necessary to take Putin out as part of that, so be it.

"Taking Out" Putin does not guarantee that the person who would replace is just as much asshole dictator as Putin is.

Russia does not a very long history as a stable democracy. Pooty is another in a long line hardline Communist Dictators. Removing him by force would not stablize the country .

Way too early to pretend thnet. over. Zelensky wouldn't still be begging for stuff if Ukraine was winning. Western powers wanted a quick ceasefire and long insurgency. Putin said, nyet.

They learned to live with the Israeli nuke, which I believe is a defensive weapon, yet when Iran started spouting off about their nuclear ambitions, suddenly SA wants them and most likely, others. I could see escalation and reaction, depending on the faction ruling in anyone of those countries.
Of course KSA wants a nuclear weapon. They have been forced into that position by Israeli threats to bomb Iran for the past 25 years. During the Yom kippur war the Israelis threatened to bomb the American oil installations in Arabia if Nixon didn't resupply them.

Of course KSA wants a nuclear weapon. They have been forced into that position by Israeli threats to bomb Iran for the past 25 years. During the Yom kippur war the Israelis threatened to bomb the American oil installations in Arabia if Nixon didn't resupply them.
Wow. You have an interesting way of defending the attacking Arabs, don’t you? You missed two key points in your desperation to support the antisemitic Muslims:

1) YOM KIPPUR WAR. Yup, your wonderful Muslims chose the holiest day of the Jewish Year for a surprise attack.

2) The Arabs were the ones responsible for the Oil Embargo. They carried through on their threat to turn off the oil supply to any country supporting Israel. Back in 1973, we didn’t have all these antisemitic, Isrsel-hating liberals, and so we supported Israel against the attacking Arabs, and paid for it at the gas pump.

I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.

UKR has fought back magnificently so the quick win is out. This is going to become Russia's Afghanistan part II.
The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy.
But
Not surprisingly, other than the oil speculators taking it in the shorts, the global economy is adjusting to life w/o Russia.

This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin.

That's where we are.

Putin's goals are shattered. Not only can he not win in UKR, his personal future is mostly likely filled with assassination or execution.

Do, How does Russia get out of Ukraine while Putin saves face?

Personally, I don't see it.
The longer the war goes, the greater the opposition in Russia and the greater the likelihood of revolt among Russian leadership.
Stop the war and withdraw and the probability of arrest, imprisonment, and execution increase.
Try to draw NATO into the war by hitting NATO countries will result in Russia's and Putin's destruction.

Ukraine will not accept Russian occupation of the "contested" areas and there is some chance that Ukraine, with sufficient weapons and support actually crosses into Russian territory.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.
Oh bullshit! You've been "studying" what the media tells you. Grow a brain.

Russia's oil exports have gone up oddly enough and i think you will find western Europe will find ways to do business with Russia.

Its a mistake to think Europe has ended Russian oil imports. They havent and most likely wont.

"So far, there are indications that some of the larger EU countries are less keen than countries in the east of the EU to pursue the fastest possible reduction in Russian oil flows. Outside of the EU, the UK’s ban on the import of Russian oil has proved less dramatic than the headlines that accompanied the initial announcement, as it does not take effect until the end of 2022. In the private sector, while several companies have given assurances they will buy no more Russian oil on the spot market, there have been very few indications given about if, when, and how they will cut the volume of Russian oil purchased through their term contracts. Meanwhile, statements from some governments and some companies do appear to have become less hawkish over the past week, with an apparent lengthening of the timespan envisaged for the process of reducing dependence.

StanChart says that Russian oil trade into Europe appears to be moving further into the shadows of term contracts and a greater reliance on third-party trading intermediaries. That does not make trading with Russia any less distasteful for European public opinion, but it does make the trade less visible and thus likely keeps oil flows from Russia higher than they would have been with more direct government targeting of those flows."
Where in the wide wide world of sports have you been?

I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.

UKR has fought back magnificently so the quick win is out. This is going to become Russia's Afghanistan part II.
The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy.
But
Not surprisingly, other than the oil speculators taking it in the shorts, the global economy is adjusting to life w/o Russia.

This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin.

That's where we are.

Putin's goals are shattered. Not only can he not win in UKR, his personal future is mostly likely filled with assassination or execution.

Do, How does Russia get out of Ukraine while Putin saves face?

Personally, I don't see it.
The longer the war goes, the greater the opposition in Russia and the greater the likelihood of revolt among Russian leadership.
Stop the war and withdraw and the probability of arrest, imprisonment, and execution increase.
Try to draw NATO into the war by hitting NATO countries will result in Russia's and Putin's destruction.

Ukraine will not accept Russian occupation of the "contested" areas and there is some chance that Ukraine, with sufficient weapons and support actually crosses into Russian territory.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.
He will launch his nukes. See ya shit for brains

How were they forced? SA wasn't threatening to exterminate them like the Iranians do, at least not since maybe the 50's or 60's.

Israel does have a right to exist.

I read the US would face 'dire consequences', and I don't think it was oil fields, more like targets all over the EU...ala the Sampson Option....if Israel was going down.

Actually it was oil fields and the arabs holding the world hostage if they supported Israel.

The countries of the then EU were siding with the arabs. So I'd say, in light of Israels continued existence, they were justified.

Last edited:
Israel
How were they forced? SA wasn't threatening to exterminate them like the Iranians do, at least not since maybe the 50's or 60's.

Israel does have a right to exist.

I read the US would face 'dire consequences', and I don't think it was oil fields, more like targets all over the EU...ala the Sampson Option....if Israel was going down.
Israel isn't going down.

Forum List

Back