No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

Yet you don't want us to do anything about it.

War on Al Qaeda... sure no problem... as they were the group that attacked us on 9/11, remember RGS? you DO remember that it was Al Qaeda that attacked us, right? And do you also recall that bush claimed he was going to hunt down Osama Been Forgotten and bring him to justice? It's been almost 6 years since he made that claim... how come he hasn't caught him yet? Is it because he uses bin laden to scare the american sheeple along this path or that?

It sure works on rsr... does it work on you too?

Last I checked the ONLY place we ARE fighting AQ is IN IRAQ. But hey nice try.

AQ is IN Iraq only because we are... and they have a hell of a lot fewer than 150K fighters occupying the time and energy of our forces.

Do you honestly think that AQ does not LOVE the fact that we have 150K troops tied up in Iraq, have already suffered nearly 30K dead and wounded and have flushed a trillion dollars down the shitter? And all this at the hands of "a handful of deadenders in their final throes"?????

you need to start taking your ginko RGS... OR up your dosage... have you forgotten all about Afghanistan?

AQ has no presence , or virtually none , in Afghanistan. We are fighting the Taliban there. They don't even like AQ, they only helped him for his money. Maybe you should get some of those herbs?

AQ has no presence , or virtually none , in Afghanistan. We are fighting the Taliban there. They don't even like AQ, they only helped him for his money. Maybe you should get some of those herbs?

Is this a joke... we are not in Afghanistan to fight Alqaeda?

Is this a joke... we are not in Afghanistan to fight Alqaeda?

We went to punish the Taliban for protecting him and to try and capture him. Once the Taliban were no longer in power Afghanistan ceased to have a purpose for AQ.

I suggest you google up some reports from Afghanistan and show me where in the last 3 years or so anyone has been fighting AQ there. We have blown up a few safehouses in Pakistan that killed a few leaders of AQ, but no one in AQ is fighting the NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Hey RGS (you are becoming so much like RSR, it seems logical to reduce your screen name similarly) did you MISS this one?

AQ is IN Iraq only because we are... and they have a hell of a lot fewer than 150K fighters occupying the time and energy of our forces.

Do you honestly think that AQ does not LOVE the fact that we have 150K troops tied up in Iraq, have already suffered nearly 30K dead and wounded and have flushed a trillion dollars down the shitter? And all this at the hands of "a handful of deadenders in their final throes"?????

We went to punish the Taliban for protecting him and to try and capture him. Once the Taliban were no longer in power Afghanistan ceased to have a purpose for AQ.

I suggest you google up some reports from Afghanistan and show me where in the last 3 years or so anyone has been fighting AQ there. We have blown up a few safehouses in Pakistan that killed a few leaders of AQ, but no one in AQ is fighting the NATO forces in Afghanistan.

then why in God's name would we keep forces in afghanistan and allow our soldiers to get killed for just fighting taliban and NOT alqaeda?

what the hell are we still there for? another 5 killed today i think?

then why in God's name would we keep forces in afghanistan and allow our soldiers to get killed for just fighting taliban and NOT alqaeda?

what the hell are we still there for? another 5 killed today i think?

Gotta' love it. We're at war with the Taliban. Have been since we invaded Afghanistan. Where've ya' been the past 6+ years?

Gotta' love it. We're at war with the Taliban. Have been since we invaded Afghanistan. Where've ya' been the past 6+ years?

don't be silly... of course we were fighting the taliban, on the premiss that the taliban was harboring alqaeda/bin laden...

but if we are in afghanistan fighting the taliban WITH NO ALQAEDA BEING HARBORED or no alqaeda there in afghanistan as RGS STATED, then please tell me why in heaven's name are we still there?

i contend that alqaeda still has major involvement there on the afghan / pakistani border....?

Actually we aren't in charge of Afghanistan, NATO is. And your right AQ is still in the border region, BUT they are not bombing or fighting in Afghanistan. The Taliban doesn't like them, trust them or want them around. AQ used afghanistan as a training area, a safe haven. Osama Bin Laden paid for that to happen. And in fact the Taliban restricted his movements and kept a close watch on him before we invaded.

Actually we aren't in charge of Afghanistan, NATO is. And your right AQ is still in the border region, BUT they are not bombing or fighting in Afghanistan. The Taliban doesn't like them, trust them or want them around. AQ used afghanistan as a training area, a safe haven. Osama Bin Laden paid for that to happen. And in fact the Taliban restricted his movements and kept a close watch on him before we invaded.

My Father was USAF, he worked for NATO on a USAF Air Station in Italy for a 3 year tour...

NATO is still primarily united states ruled and run/directed.

So if we surrender in Iraq (like the Dems want to do) will AQ leave Iraq?

Wil they stop attacking US targets?

I know the anti war left loves the casualities - it makes great political talking points

interesting. the polls reflect how the public views the actions of the democrats? Like when the democrats passed a funding bill that included deadlines for troop withdrawals and 57% of America supported them? IS that what you are talking about?

Dems have accomplished a few things MM.......

At one level, the Democrats' central problem is one of over-promising and under-delivering. For example, of the 27 measures signed into law as of earlier this week, about half are bills naming federal buildings or roads. The other half already had passed last year under a Republican Congress or are smaller non-controversial measures enacted without any opposition.
Many of the items in the House "Six for '06" agenda also seem like a bit of an overreach given the Democrats' narrow majority. The slogan produced more interesting January press releases than substantive change on issues like lower prescription-drug prices, college-tuition relief, stem-cell research and implementation of the September 11 Commission recommendations. The minimum wage hike only passed because the package included bipartisan tax relief for smallbusinesses spearheaded by Republicans.
Democrats also came up short fulfilling campaign promises with respect to procedural reforms. Instead of loosening up the process in the House and allowing Republicans to offer alternative policies, Democrats routinely shut down Republicans' ability to offer alternative policies through House floor amendments. Now Democrats threaten to further clamp down on Republicans' ability to offer motions to recommit legislation, one of the few arrows in the minority's parliamentary quiver. A move sure to generate howls of Republican protest and one that will further erode slumping congressional approval.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070530-094047-6531r.htm

My Father was USAF, he worked for NATO on a USAF Air Station in Italy for a 3 year tour...

NATO is still primarily united states ruled and run/directed.

I really am amazed at some peoples lack of education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

The meetings of the North Atlantic Council are chaired by the Secretary General of NATO and, when decisions have to be made, action is agreed upon on the basis of unanimity and common accord. There is no voting or decision by majority. Each nation represented at the Council table or on any of its subordinate committees retains complete sovereignty and responsibility for its own decisions.

Care, you truly need to stop yanking stuff like this out of thin air. It is difficult to take you seriously when you do.

So if we surrender in Iraq (like the Dems want to do) will AQ leave Iraq?

Wil they stop attacking US targets?

I know the anti war left loves the casualities - it makes great political talking points

no one wants to surrender to anyone in Iraq. Democrats want to leave the fighting to the Iraqis where it belongs.

AQ will not stop attacking US targets, but what they will hopefully find is that we are taking the battle to them instead of them picking us off in a shooting gallery where sunnis insurgents, shiite insurgents, and the handful of deadenders in their final throes known as AQ in Iraq are all shooting at us.

I of course we don't love american casualties. We hate how folks like you want to downplay them and claim they are decreasing and that things are getting much better when those are all lies.

no one wants to surrender to anyone in Iraq. Democrats want to leave the fighting to the Iraqis where it belongs.

AQ will not stop attacking US targets, but what they will hopefully find is that we are taking the battle to them instead of them picking us off in a shooting gallery where sunnis insurgents, shiite insurgents, and the handful of deadenders in their final throes known as AQ in Iraq are all shooting at us.

I of course we don't love american casualties. We hate how folks like you want to downplay them and claim they are decreasing and that things are getting much better when those are all lies.

Dems want to surrender - but they gave up on that demand

AQ will kill millions if Dems get their way, and team up with Iran. That will make things even worse on the Middle East and for the US

Libs are giddy over the casualties - it provides them with more anti war talking points

On Memorial Day. Edwards wanted libs to protest the war instead of remembering the day is for the troops

Forum List

Back