No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

Dems want to surrender - but they gave up on that demand

AQ will kill millions if Dems get their way, and team up with Iran. That will make things even worse on the Middle East and for the US

Libs are giddy over the casualties - it provides them with more anti war talking points

On Memorial Day. Edwards wanted libs to protest the war instead of remembering the day is for the troops

blah blah blah....more bullshit talking points and one liners.

Democrats do not want to surrender, nor did they. They wanted to set deadlines for troop withdrawal - AND 57% OF AMERICANS AGREE WITH THEM!!!! (a fact you continue to ignore!)

You idiotic suggestion that AQ will "team up with Iran" is just more proof of your stubborn ignorance about the middle east. You have become a parody of yourself.

blah blah blah....more bullshit talking points and one liners.

Democrats do not want to surrender, nor did they. They wanted to set deadlines for troop withdrawal - AND 57% OF AMERICANS AGREE WITH THEM!!!! (a fact you continue to ignore!)

You idiotic suggestion that AQ will "team up with Iran" is just more proof of your stubborn ignorance about the middle east. You have become a parody of yourself.

and that is why their approval number is 29% - they have so much support of the voters?????

and that is why their approval number is 29% - they have so much support of the voters?????

Again.... I disagree that the 29% refers to democrats. I think it refers to congress in general, and much of that negativity has been brought on by the republicans NOT supporting the popular democratic troop funding bill

the 57% refers to VOTERS who agree with the democratic funding plan for the war..... I don't care, for purposes of this discussion, what else they like or don't like about your party's legislative plan or my party's legislative plan. When asked if they supported a troop funding plan that included withdrawal deadlines, 57% of Americans said YES. How do you explain that?

Again.... I disagree that the 29% refers to democrats. I think it refers to congress in general, and much of that negativity has been brought on by the republicans NOT supporting the popular democratic troop funding bill

the 57% refers to VOTERS who agree with the democratic funding plan for the war..... I don't care, for purposes of this discussion, what else they like or don't like about your party's legislative plan or my party's legislative plan. When asked if they supported a troop funding plan that included withdrawal deadlines, 57% of Americans said YES. How do you explain that?

Now that the Dems are shwoing their true colors the numbers will continue to go down

The surrender bill is dead for now - and I hope the Dems continue to fight for defeat in Iraq

Now that the Dems are shwoing their true colors the numbers will continue to go down

The surrender bill is dead for now - and I hope the Dems continue to fight for defeat in Iraq
but once again, you don't answer my question. I asked you a question.... you have asked me many questions in the past and I have answered many of them. your turn. start answering my questions. please. I have no desire to sit here while you talk past me all the time.... talk to me. ask questions... answer questions...make points...let me refute your points in my own words....I'll make points...you refute my points with your own words...that is what a debate is really all about. that is what a conversation is really all about. Let's try it, you and me. OK?

but once again, you don't answer my question. I asked you a question.... you have asked me many questions in the past and I have answered many of them. your turn. start answering my questions. please. I have no desire to sit here while you talk past me all the time.... talk to me. ask questions... answer questions...make points...let me refute your points in my own words....I'll make points...you refute my points with your own words...that is what a debate is really all about. that is what a conversation is really all about. Let's try it, you and me. OK?

Dems voted for surrender and defeat in Irag

They want to hike taxes

They want to attack corprorations because they deem their profts to high

They want government run health care

and then you can't understand why their approval numbers are going down?

Dems voted for surrender and defeat in Irag

They want to hike taxes

They want to attack corprorations because they deem their profts to high

They want government run health care

and then you can't understand why their approval numbers are going down?

and.... on yet another thread, maineman grows weary of the futility of attempting to engage him in any sort of intelligent conversation or two-way dialog, extricates himself from the tarbaby.... shakes his head... and walks away.

and minutes later, on an empty stage, the tarbaby raises his stick arms and declares "victory"!

and so it goes....

and.... on yet another thread, maineman grows weary of the futility of attempting to engage him in any sort of intelligent conversation or two-way dialog, extricates himself from the tarbaby.... shakes his head... and walks away.

and minutes later, on an empty stage, the tarbaby raises his stick arms and declares "victory"!

and so it goes....

and in the face of facts - MM walks away

rsr:
Facts on the ground in Iraq says that 123 americans died last month. That's an increase of about 20% over the month before... How does that constitute the surge is working in your mind?

More americans dying doesn't sound like it's working to me but then I have the troops best interests in heart... I want them home with their families and out of that hell hole... you want them there in harms' way...

why do you hate our troops?

rsr:
Facts on the ground in Iraq says that 123 americans died last month. That's an increase of about 20% over the month before... How does that constitute the surge is working in your mind?

More americans dying doesn't sound like it's working to me but then I have the troops best interests in heart... I want them home with their families and out of that hell hole... you want them there in harms' way...

why do you hate our troops?

Here is one good thing going on in Iraq

BAGHDAD, May 31 -- Sunni residents of a west Baghdad neighborhood used assault rifles and a roadside bomb to battle the Sunni insurgent group al-Qaeda in Iraq this week, leaving at least 28 people dead and six injured, residents said Thursday.

The mayor of the Amiriyah neighborhood, Mohammed Abdul Khaliq, said in a telephone interview that residents were rising up to try to expel al-Qaeda in Iraq, which has alienated other Sunnis with its indiscriminate violence and attacks on members of its own sect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...53100455.html?hpid=moreheadlines?hpid=topnews

I know this goes against libs like you who already believe the war is lost and there nothing good happening in Iraq

Here is one good thing going on in Iraq

BAGHDAD, May 31 -- Sunni residents of a west Baghdad neighborhood used assault rifles and a roadside bomb to battle the Sunni insurgent group al-Qaeda in Iraq this week, leaving at least 28 people dead and six injured, residents said Thursday.

The mayor of the Amiriyah neighborhood, Mohammed Abdul Khaliq, said in a telephone interview that residents were rising up to try to expel al-Qaeda in Iraq, which has alienated other Sunnis with its indiscriminate violence and attacks on members of its own sect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...53100455.html?hpid=moreheadlines?hpid=topnews

I applaud this effort. Now tell me how Iran and Sadr fit into that issue?

tell me how the surge is successful if more Americans are dying?

I understand that indigenous Iraqi sunnis are fighting al qaeda sunnis.... and that is a good thing. how do the shiites fit into that? how does that make the issues between the two rival sects of Islam disappear?

Why would anyone expect the sunnis and shiites sitting on the cusp of Arabia and Persia who have NEVER gotten along, start getting along inside an artificial country whose boundaries were drawn by Europeans who didn't even understand that there were such things as sunnis and shiites?

I know this goes against libs like you who already believe the war is lost and there nothing good happening in Iraq

I understand that indigenous Iraqi sunnis are fighting al qaeda sunnis.... and that is a good thing. how do the shiites fit into that? how does that make the issues between the two rival sects of Islam disappear?

Why would anyone expect the sunnis and shiites sitting on the cusp of Arabia and Persia who have NEVER gotten along, start getting along inside an artificial country whose boundaries were drawn by Europeans who didn't even understand that there were such things as sunnis and shiites?

The terrorists are very upset

The Dems caved on surrender and the terrorists lost their best allies in DC

White Flag Harry and San Fran Nan

can you answer these questions?

I have on three different threads

your answer is that the relatively small force of AQ fighters in Iraq will defeat the indigenous sunni population and then, either accept a few "crumbs from the table" from the invading persians or die..and if they do accept the crumbs, they will jointly rule over the Iraqi people against their will. Is that your final answer?

your answer is that the relatively small force of AQ fighters in Iraq will defeat the indigenous sunni population and then, either accept a few "crumbs from the table" from the invading persians or die..and if they do accept the crumbs, they will jointly rule over the Iraqi people against their will. Is that your final answer?

It is not my fault you can't accept the truth

Like MM, I've long wondered what RSR read or heard that made him post that 60% number, perhaps it was earlier related to the information found in this article? Dealing with a particular province:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18881803/site/newsweek/

The Pentagon is praying that its new allies will reconfigure the war. The success of the Ramadi experiment has given rise to hopes that the model can be applied elsewhere in Iraq. A year ago insurgents were launching nearly 30 attacks a day in the city; now the daily average is less than one. Anbar province as a whole is showing similar improvements. Brig. Gen. John R. Allen, deputy commanding general of the Second Marine Expeditionary Force in Anbar and a tribal-affairs expert, describes the province as "a laboratory for counterinsurgency." From roughly 500 attacks a week, the rate has sunk to barely a third of that figure. Weapons-cache discoveries, based largely on tips from sympathetic Iraqis in Ramadi, have skyrocketed nearly 190 percent. The fledgling local police force could muster only 20 recruits a year ago; today, with local sheiks encouraging tribe members to sign up, it has 8,000.

But even as the Americans rejoice in Ramadi's transformation, they worry that it may not last. Some townspeople are already losing patience as they seek Baghdad's help in rebuilding their community. At the same time, the Shia-dominated central government in Baghdad is in no hurry to do favors for Anbar's overwhelmingly Sunni population. Col. John Charlton, commander of the nearly 6,000 U.S. troops in central Anbar, warns of political trouble ahead if reconstruction falters. "Now that the shooting's stopped, people's expectations have risen wildly," Charlton says. "They want electricity back. They want things fixed now. The question is, can the government step up and deliver the goods?" The danger is that the government will allow Ramadi to languish while America's newfound allies drift back into the jihadists' orbit.

Like MM, I've long wondered what RSR read or heard that made him post that 60% number, perhaps it was earlier related to the information found in this article? Dealing with a particular province:

Here are 2 sources I used

US troop deaths down by 60% after month-long security operation in Baghdad

March 18, 2007, 11:07 AM (GMT+02:00)

The Multi-National Force-Iraq Combined Press Center states that from Feb. 14 to March 13, 17 US military personnel were killed, compared with 42 in the previous month-period although larger numbers were deployed in the capital. District outposts now function in formerly hazardous neighborhoods such as the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City, Azamiyah and Doura. The US army in Iraq earlier reported an 80% drop in sectarian clashes and violence in Baghdad since the operation was launched. These statistics exclude other Iraqi governates such as the al Qaeda stronghold of Anbar, Diyala and Salahiddin.
http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=3933'

MIL-IRAQ-US SOLDIERS
Baghdad security crackdown seriously curbs killings of US soldiers

BAGHDAD, March 14 (KUNA) -- The rate of killings of US troops in Iraq has been on the decline, down by 60 percent, since the launch of the new security measures in Baghdad, according to statistics revealed by the Multi-National Force -Iraq Combined Press Information Centre.

Only 17 members of the US military in Iraq have been killed since February 14 till March 13, compared to 42 from January 13 to February 13; the rate was on the decline during the first month of the security crackdown, compared to a month before.

Two of the 17 soldiers died at US Baghdad camps of non-combat causes.

The remarkable decrease in killings among the US troops came at a time when more of these troops were deployed in the Iraqi capital, especially in districts previously regarded as extremely hazardous for them such as Al-Sadr City, Al-Azamiyah, and Al-Doura.

Meanwhile, US attacks on insurgent strongholds north of Baghdad curbed attacks against helicopters. Before the new security plan, many such craft were downed leaving 20 soldiers dead.

The US army in Iraq had earlier said that sectarian fighting and violence in Baghdad had dropped sharply, by about 80 percent, since the launch of the plan.

The statistics excluded US troops killed in other governorates such as Al-Anbar, Diyala, and Salahiddin.

As to the latest human losses, the US army announced Wednesday that two American soldiers had been killed, one in southern Baghdad and the other northeast of the capital.(end) ahh.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/Home/print.as...en&DSNO=961365

and regardless of where he got his 60% figure, he cannot make it fit with any REAL casualty figures as posted by the DoD. He will continue to hang his hat on one press release from the coalition forced press centre and ignore the real numbers which tell the real story of our increasing carnage.

Forum List

Back