No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

As opposed to your "reasoned" intellectual belief in Man made Global warming?

but as I have said.... I am not a scientist, are you? I listen to reports, I watch documentaries, I read magazines, I try to understand global warming as best as I can. I understand full well that man is not the only possible cause for global warming. I also understand that, the preponderance of all I have read and heard and seen leads me to believe that man is having an adverse impact on the environment.

Your "reasoned intellectual belief" that man does not have a fucking thing to do with global warming must, I imagine, be as a result of your own exhaustive research and experimentation conducted over a long span of time. Could you be so kind as to maybe link me to the scientific journal that has published the results of your study?

Being dishonest again I see. Remind me of your answer when I asked you 2 specific questions?

answered in the appropriate thread. I am not dishonest....by the very essence of my nature.... since I accepted the honor system at my school. It is part of my character.. obviously not part of yours.

I would ask that you go to the global warming thread..and answer THIS:

Your "reasoned intellectual belief" that man does not have a fucking thing to do with global warming must, I imagine, be as a result of your own exhaustive research and experimentation conducted over a long span of time. Could you be so kind as to maybe link me to the scientific journal that has published the results of your study?

and in THIS thread, tell me again how great the fucking SURGE is working when we lost 127 Americans last month and June is already on track (with 16 dead in only 3 days) to being the bloodiest and deadliest month EVER in this war. Yeah.... in the fucking Alice in Wonderland world where Bush-lickers live and up is down and down is up... the fucking SURGE has just been a rousing success! Your uncritical support for this moron in the white house borders on treason.

Like MM, I've long wondered what RSR read or heard that made him post that 60% number, perhaps it was earlier related to the information found in this article? Dealing with a particular province:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18881803/site/newsweek/

I read your link with interest....

I don't think anyone finds anything surprising about the fact that crime goes down in a town when you dump 20K more cops on the street.

Iraq, in total, remains a bloody place where sunnis continue to hate shi'ites. Do we really think that putting 150K "policemen" in the midst of the Hatfields and the McCoys will mean that whenever we take the "policemen" away, that the Hatfields will miraculously love the McCoys and vice versa?

I read your link with interest....

I don't think anyone finds anything surprising about the fact that crime goes down in a town when you dump 20K more cops on the street.

Iraq, in total, remains a bloody place where sunnis continue to hate shi'ites. Do we really think that putting 150K "policemen" in the midst of the Hatfields and the McCoys will mean that whenever we take the "policemen" away, that the Hatfields will miraculously love the McCoys and vice versa?

I'm not going to argue that with you, seems you have a point. But I did wonder where he came up with that particular number. This might be a hint. See, while I might agree that he just spins, he does have something usually to back him up. In this case, I think he 'heard' something, but couldn't find the link.

Thinking about that, it puts RSR ahead of many on both the right and left at the boards, his links can nearly always be checked. His ad libs, well...

I'm not going to argue that with you, seems you have a point. But I did wonder where he came up with that particular number. This might be a hint. See, while I might agree that he just spins, he does have something usually to back him up. In this case, I think he 'heard' something, but couldn't find the link.

Thinking about that, it puts RSR ahead of many on both the right and left at the boards, his links can nearly always be checked. His ad libs, well...

It is interesting to consider, that this supposed 60% reduction occurs from the middle of february through the middle of march, yet America lost 80 soldiers in february and 81 in march.

It is interesting to consider, that this supposed 60% reduction occurs from the middle of february through the middle of march, yet America lost 80 soldiers in february and 81 in march.

But the link I provided was for a particular area. My guess, he heard something related to this and ran with it.

There is progress being made in Iraq. It would seem the people are fed up with the terrorists and are starting to fight back

An al-Qaida-linked suicide bomber struck a safehouse occupied by an insurgent group that has turned against the terror network. Friday's attack northeast of Baghdad killed two other militants, police said, the latest sign that an internal Sunni power struggle is spreading.
The explosion in Baqouba came as Iraqi and U.S. troops fanned out in the Sunni stronghold of Amariyah in the capital, enforcing an indefinite curfew after heavily armed residents clashed with al-Qaida in Iraq fighters, apparently fed up with the group's brutal tactics.

"Al-Qaida fighters and leaders have completely destroyed Amariyah," said Abu Ahmed, a 40-year-old Sunni father of four who said he joined in the clashes. "No one can venture out, and all the businesses are closed. They kill everyone who criticizes them and is against their acts even if they are Sunnis."

Other residents, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they feared retribution, said the clashes began after al-Qaida militants abducted and tortured Sunnis from the area. That prompted a large number of residents, including many members of the rival Islamic Army armed with guns and rocket-propelled grenades, to rise up against the terror network. U.S. forces joined them in the fighting Wednesday and Thursday.

Al Qaeda is on the retreat in Anbar, as well, as local Sunnis have joined forces with American soldiers. It's impossible to say how important this will turn out to be, but any time terrorists are being killed, it's a good thing.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PGAKE80&show_article=1&cat=0

and June is shaping up to the the single deadliest month of the war for American forces....who were supposed to be standing down so that the Iraqis could stand up. The single deadliest month of the war is not my definition of progress.

and June is shaping up to the the single deadliest month of the war for American forces....who were supposed to be standing down so that the Iraqis could stand up. The single deadliest month of the war is not my definition of progress.

and and the anti war left could not be happier. They will keep pushing for surrender and doing exactly what the terrorists want them to do

and and the anti war left could not be happier. They will keep pushing for surrender and doing exactly what the terrorists want them to do

I am a member of the "anti-war left" and I am far from happy. And trust me: Bush is and has been doing exactly what the terrorists want him to do since he invaded Iraq.

I am a member of the "anti-war left" and I am far from happy. And trust me: Bush is and has been doing exactly what the terrorists want him to do since he invaded Iraq.

How? By killing them?

Dems have opposed every method used to capture/kill them sicne day one

those 150k have been killing them and doing their job - despite all the opposition from the left

of course they have....150K have been tied down in Iraq killing a handful of deadenders in their final throes at a cost of nearly 30K dead and wounded Americans and a trillion dollars flushed down the shitter that could have been spent in nearly an infinite number of ways that would have made America safer and more effectively advanced the war against islamic extremism.

American troops are killing the bad guys. 150K americans are being used to try to kill a handful of bad guys. I think that is bad strategy.

28-MAY-2007: A young boy seeks shelter behind a soldier with the U.S. Army's 82nd Airborne division after gunshots rang out at the scene where just a few minutes earlier a suicide car bomber blew himself up in a busy commercial district in central Baghdad on Monday, May 28, 2007, killing at least 21 people and wounding 66, police and hospital officials said. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed ) [Photo copyright 2007 by AP]
http://news.usti.net/home/news/cn/email/?/news.front_page/2/wed/br/Airaq-violence.RJzk_HyS.html

If Dems get their way, and the US surrenders, who will protect the innocent cilivians from the coming slaughter?

if we leave in ten years, do you think that the sunnis and the shiites in Iraq will then love each other and forget about 1200 years of hatred and enmity and NOT want to slaughter each other the minute we finally DO leave?

if we leave in ten years, do you think that the sunnis and the shiites in Iraq will then love each other and forget about 1200 years of hatred and enmity and NOT want to slaughter each other the minute we finally DO leave?

The Iraq government says they can handle things - we leave

That has always been the standard

Forum List

Back