Nobody doubts the M4 is an assault weapon. Are there any material differences between an M4 and an AR15?

So it seems most finally agree that full auto is really the only material difference between the two rifles, and the only question now, to find what I was looking for in the OP, is whether the conversion is fairly easy. Buying the needed parts, other than the DIAS, seems easy enough since they are for sale at damn near every gun store, and none of them require any special permit or approval for anyone to buy. A couple hundred bucks should cover the bolt carrier group, a M16 hammer and any other non regulated trigger parts needed. It comes down to whether the DIAS is pretty easy to build. Is that a fair assessment?
Semiautomatic rifles have been available to the public for over 100 years.

Get over it already

So it seems most finally agree that full auto is really the only material difference between the two rifles, and the only question now, to find what I was looking for in the OP, is whether the conversion is fairly easy. Buying the needed parts, other than the DIAS, seems easy enough since they are for sale at damn near every gun store, and none of them require any special permit or approval for anyone to buy. A couple hundred bucks should cover the bolt carrier group, a M16 hammer and any other non regulated trigger parts needed. It comes down to whether the DIAS is pretty easy to build. Is that a fair assessment?

Get over it already
Of course they have. I'm not sure why you would think I didn't know that. It doesn't have much to do with this discussion though. I assume you read my last post. Does that cover the discussion thus far? If not, what pertinent info did I leave out?

This GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.
It's an honest question. All I want is an honest answer.
Lots of people doubt its an assault rifle so the entire thread is pointless.
There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
Like you who thinks that it's soooooo easy to modify an AR 15 into a fully automatic weapon even though no one ever seems to use modified AR 15s to commit crimes
Perhaps it would be beyond your ability to fabricate one small part, and purchase the rest. That wouldn't be a big hurdle for many.
Then tell me why we don't see people using modified Ar 15s to commit crimes.

You say all this shit but you have no proof that people are actually modifying their ARs
I never said they do, even though I believe some do. I just said it was possible, and not that hard to do.

Like I said if it was as easy as you say that we would see criminals , especially gangs, use them and it just doesn't happen.

Lots of things are possible but aren't probable
BUT ALL YOU NEED IS A FILE AND A PIECE OF STEEL CMON MAN ITS SO EASY
I never said just a file and piece of steel, but I get your point. I never explicitly said it would also require some sort of easily built jig and some sort of easily built bracket to hold the grinder steady. I regularly use those types of things, and don't see them as anything other than just normal use of the tool. I still stand by my claim that it is possible to cut a few non-complex notches out of a 1/2 by 3/4 by 1 1/4 inch piece of steel with nothing more than a grinder, a vice, and perhaps a file to smooth up the rough cuts, and a cheap set of Harbor Freight calipers to check your work. Oh look, I added a file and a way of measuring. I didn't mention a pencil to mark where to cut either. Does that mean my claim that a DIAS is easily built is a lie?
Did you bother to read the facts on this claim? The fact is the generic lower assembly for the ar15 is not built for auto fire and if you add a sear you will blow the weapon up. The fact is that the bolt assembly group of the generic ar15 is not designed for auto fire and will not allow auto fire at all sear or no sear.
I just reread your post, and looked at the drawings again. A Drop In Auto Sear can be made to fit Any Ar15 without modifying the lower. All the dimensions might not be exactly the same as a factory built DIAS, but the areas that matter, where the sear contacts the hammer, and where it interacts with the bolt and the selector will be the same. All I'm asking right now is if you agree the ease of fabricating a DIAS is the only question still to be answered. I can show a way to produce a dependable, working DIAS that is not hard to build.

This GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.
There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
Like you who thinks that it's soooooo easy to modify an AR 15 into a fully automatic weapon even though no one ever seems to use modified AR 15s to commit crimes
Perhaps it would be beyond your ability to fabricate one small part, and purchase the rest. That wouldn't be a big hurdle for many.

You say all this shit but you have no proof that people are actually modifying their ARs
I never said they do, even though I believe some do. I just said it was possible, and not that hard to do.

Like I said if it was as easy as you say that we would see criminals , especially gangs, use them and it just doesn't happen.

I never said just a file and piece of steel, but I get your point. I never explicitly said it would also require some sort of easily built jig and some sort of easily built bracket to hold the grinder steady. I regularly use those types of things, and don't see them as anything other than just normal use of the tool. I still stand by my claim that it is possible to cut a few non-complex notches out of a 1/2 by 3/4 by 1 1/4 inch piece of steel with nothing more than a grinder, a vice, and perhaps a file to smooth up the rough cuts, and a cheap set of Harbor Freight calipers to check your work. Oh look, I added a file and a way of measuring. I didn't mention a pencil to mark where to cut either. Does that mean my claim that a DIAS is easily built is a lie?
Make one. Show us how easy it is.

Hop to it.

So what do you think the government should do about it?

You keep running away from this question.

What the government should do has nothing to do with this thread. It has no bearing on whether those rifles are essentially the same other than the auto fire capability,(I think we are agreed that is true) or if the AR can be easily converted. As far as the conversion, I think we are agreed that all the parts required can be easily sourced, except for the DIAS.
Even though it has nothing to do with this thread, I'm sure many already know I believe we need common sense gun laws.

Hop to it.
Making one would put me in prison. I said I could show how to make one. but I want to make sure the other questions about the ease of conversion are answered first.

Get over it already
Of course they have. I'm not sure why you would think I didn't know that. It doesn't have much to do with this discussion though. I assume you read my last post. Does that cover the discussion thus far? If not, what pertinent info did I leave out?
All an AR is is just another semiauto.

Get over it already
All an AR is is just another semiauto.
Ok. You can leave it at that, or I can show you how an AR15 can "EASILY" become a machine gun. I just don't want to bother doing that and then you come up with a million "but whatabouts" I believe the only real hurdle is coming up with working a DIAS. Do you agree?

What the government should do has nothing to do with this thread. It has no bearing on whether those rifles are essentially the same other than the auto fire capability,(I think we are agreed that is true) or if the AR can be easily converted. As far as the conversion, I think we are agreed that all the parts required can be easily sourced, except for the DIAS.
Even though it has nothing to do with this thread, I'm sure many already know I believe we need common sense gun laws.
AND THERE IT IS, just as I've said all along.

You want to ban AR-15s.

Hint: No. Cry some more about it.

Hop to it.
Making one would put me in prison. I said I could show how to make one. but I want to make sure the other questions about the ease of conversion are answered first.
So you've been posting instructions on how to commit an illegal act.

Question: Should I notify the FBI or the ATF?

You want to ban AR-15s.

You are nuts, aren't you. I oppose banning the AR15. Nothing I have written says any different. Common sense regulation and banning the AR15 are not the same thing dumb ass.

Hop to it.

Call anyone you like. Hell, you can call the president, or Santa Clause to tell him I've been a bad boy. I never gave instructions to anyone about committing an illegal act. I just said I could show how it could easily be done. Perhaps you don't see the difference in those two statements, but it is there.

You want to ban AR-15s.

You are nuts, aren't you. I oppose banning the AR15. Nothing I have written says any different. Common sense regulation and banning the AR15 are not the same thing dumb ass.
Democrats don't want reasonable restrictions and for the slow and stupid laws mean nothing to criminals.

Hop to it.

Call anyone you like. Hell, you can call the president, or Santa Clause to tell him I've been a bad boy. I never gave instructions to anyone about committing an illegal act. I just said I could show how it could easily be done. Perhaps you don't see the difference in those two statements, but it is there.
I don't believe even showing how is a crime just actually making it is.

Hop to it.

I don't believe even showing how is a crime just actually making it is.
But I have and will do neither. I only said I would show how it could easily be done.

You want to ban AR-15s.

Democrats don't want reasonable restrictions and for the slow and stupid laws mean nothing to criminals.
Are you very sure about that?

You want to ban AR-15s.

Yes I am very sure the problems of shootings are mostly restricted to cities and gang shootings or career criminals that dem judges refuse to lock up no matter how many times they break the law.

You want to ban AR-15s.

Yes I am very sure the problems of shootings are mostly restricted to cities and gang shootings or career criminals that dem judges refuse to lock up no matter how many times they break the law.
So, as several have already asked here, why don't crooks convert their AR15s to full automatic? It's not hard, and even if it was, there are plenty of small shops who wouldn't mind taking hundreds of dollars to make a little piece about the size of a watch fob. You think there aren't any machinists who are crooks? What stops them from doing that?

You want to ban AR-15s.

So, as several have already asked here, why don't crooks convert their AR15s to full automatic? It's not hard, and even if it was, there are plenty of small shops who wouldn't mind taking hundreds of dollars to make a little piece about the size of a watch fob. You think there aren't any machinists who are crooks? What stops them from doing that?
it isn't easy and most crooks prefer pistols and gangs prefer small submachine guns easily hidden.

Forum List

Back