Nobody doubts the M4 is an assault weapon. Are there any material differences between an M4 and an AR15?

No con job. Those other sources are already there. If your boat is sinking, you stop up every hole you can, even if you can't get all of them.

If you happen to live in the South, go to a large gun dealer (Bass Pro, Academy or whatever) the day a truck delivers new firearms and ammunition.
Stay for a little while and observe who is buying what, and how much of it.

I don't want to tell you what to look for, because it will twist your head up, and you will want to fight with me about bullshit.

If you don't have that opportunity, sorry, I am not going to explain it to you.
But if you do have the opportunity, don't try to fight what is evident if you pay attention.

It's not rocket science, and you are smart enough to pick up on it.

It's amusing to see how hard you are trying. No, I don't call my bathroom the Latrine or the Head, but I am aware that those are accepted terms that generally share the same definition. If someone does use those terms, I know what they are talking about. Does this have anything to do with the absurd claim that the term Assault Rifle is undefined?

You must be an idiot then, because it wasn't that hard to start with.
You are also the one saying that "we can all agree" what you want to call something is what it is, because the military calls it that.

But what we are talking about isn't an assault weapon as it is defined under current law.
I just like watching you crawfish all over the place acting like you might know what the fuck you are talking about.

You can call it whatever you want, but no one should be compelled to agree with your ass.

The M4 most certainly is an assault rifle. It was unfortunate that I used the wrong term in the title. That is a mistake that I acknowledged early in the conversation. (somewhere around #40 or #41) I should have used assault rifle, but as I noted in the acknowledgment I didn't know how to edit the title at that point.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, “assault rifles” are “short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between a submachine gun and rifle cartridges.” All assault rifles are capable of automatic fire.

You are certainly free to use your own definitions if you would like, but your definition might not be as widely accepted as the military Defense Intelligence Agency definitions. You can call a squirrel a fluffy tail tree rat if you want to. I don't care.
it doesnt matter cause that type of weapon is covered by the 2nd A,,
heres another dumbass,,

would you like me to go on??
All guns are covered by the 2nd. I gotta ask again. Are all guns considered weapons of war?

It's amusing to see how hard you are trying. No, I don't call my bathroom the Latrine or the Head, but I am aware that those are accepted terms that generally share the same definition. If someone does use those terms, I know what they are talking about. Does this have anything to do with the absurd claim that the term Assault Rifle is undefined?

You must be an idiot then, because it wasn't that hard to start with.
You are also the one saying that "we can all agree" what you want to call something is what it is, because the military calls it that.

But what we are talking about isn't an assault weapon as it is defined under current law.
I just like watching you crawfish all over the place acting like you might know what the fuck you are talking about.

You can call it whatever you want, but no one should be compelled to agree with your ass.

The M4 most certainly is an assault rifle. It was unfortunate that I used the wrong term in the title. That is a mistake that I acknowledged early in the conversation. (somewhere around #40 or #41) I should have used assault rifle, but as I noted in the acknowledgment I didn't know how to edit the title at that point.

According to the Defense Intelligence Agency, “assault rifles” are “short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between a submachine gun and rifle cartridges.” All assault rifles are capable of automatic fire.

You are certainly free to use your own definitions if you would like, but your definition might not be as widely accepted as the military Defense Intelligence Agency definitions. You can call a squirrel a fluffy tail tree rat if you want to. I don't care.
it doesnt matter cause that type of weapon is covered by the 2nd A,,
heres another dumbass,,

would you like me to go on??
All guns are covered by the 2nd. I gotta ask again. Are all guns considered weapons of war?
if you use it in a war it is,, and if a rock is all you got then that to is a weapon of war,,

Damn. You made a funny, and I laughed. All at once it looks like you turned into some sort of estrogen starved banshee. Mood swings getting you down?

Actually ... I am just about always funny in the real world.
I am talking about friends passing out laughing when we get going ... Like they cannot fucking breath.

Unfortunately USMB doesn't tend to bring out my lighter side.
It's not really mood swings, just that sometimes, y'all really suck ... :auiqs.jpg:

Really? .... I do? ..... If you'd just give it a chance, I'll show you just how enjoyable that might be.

There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
who cares?? the 2nd was meant for military grade weapons,,
heres one dumbass,,
So the only guns covered by the 2nd are military grade weapons? We both know you weren't saying the AR15 is a weapon of war.
not what I said dumbass,,
Well make up your mind Boo Boo.

There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
heres one dumbass,,
So the only guns covered by the 2nd are military grade weapons? We both know you weren't saying the AR15 is a weapon of war.
about what??

No con job. Those other sources are already there. If your boat is sinking, you stop up every hole you can, even if you can't get all of them.

If you happen to live in the South, go to a large gun dealer (Bass Pro, Academy or whatever) the day a truck delivers new firearms and ammunition.

I don't want to tell you what to look for, because it will twist your head up, and you will want to fight with me about bullshit.

But if you do have the opportunity, don't try to fight what is evident if you pay attention.

And every buyer there has a background check. Not the same thing as a individual seller, is it?

heres one dumbass,,
about what??
You are just floundering now.

heres one dumbass,,
about what??
You are just floundering now.
not at all,, what I said is very clear,,

Really? .... I do? ..... If you'd just give it a chance, I'll show you just how enjoyable that might be.

Hey now ... I said "y'all" and I didn't single you out.

And in the weapons of war ... I left out fireants ... I go to war with them quite often in the yard.
Not always devastating, but those little bastards use sneak attacks, special tactics and are mean as hell.

And every buyer there has a background check. Not the same thing as a individual seller, is it?

Oh no ... I am talking about a large licensed dealer, following the law.
Nothing you will observe will be illegal at the point of sale.

I don't want to tell you too much, I don't want to taint your ability to give it a proper chance, and you are already thinking too much about it.
Give it a honest observation, look for trends, and look at the processes in the transactions.

If I were to give you a nudge ... Look for the people that are prepared to make the purchase before they walk through the door.
I seriously think, you can figure it out, and it will make a lot of what you currently think shift more than a little ...
Just real information, not position necessarily.

You will see what is going on, and how it effects everything and all the issues.

Last edited:
QUOTE="BULLDOG, post: 27101429, member: 49372"]
The M4 is the main rifle used by the US military, and no one could question that it is an assault rifle. The M4 is capable of full automatic fire, and 3 round burst, and the AR15 is not. Of course, it would be illegal, but the AR15 can easily be converted to allow those types of fire. Other than that difference, what makes an M4 an assault weapon, and an AR15 not?

I dont dispute what you say. The weaponry should be exclusive for the military and never allowed for the public use. There is no valid reason for other than an ego builder and a power play by testosterone filled Rambos.
There are so many slaughtered by these that that itself should be prove they should be banned. But no, that 250 year old 2nd amendment says we have a right.
So let the mass murders continue. When it reaches your children or close family, get back to me.

more people are killed every single year by knives, by clubs, and by bare hands than by all rifle types let alone just the AR-15 rifle.....

More people die each year falling off ladders than are killed by mass public shooters in general and by mass public shooters with rifles...

What are you talking about?

The AR-15 is not a military weapon....do you understand that?

There is only one mass public shooting where the rifle had an advantage in the shooting, and that was Las Vegas, where the range was over 200 yards......but he was also firing into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people, at night, from a concealed and fortified position.......with his initial shooting masked by the concert.

And if the crowed wasn't trapped in that concert arena, he wouldn't have been able to kill as many since they would have run away or found cover.....since shooting at moving targets at hundreds of yards is almost impossible for all but expertly trained shooters...

At the range of every other mass public shooting a rifle has no advantage over pistols or shotguns.......

again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

Boulder....used an AR-15 with magazines that held more than 10 bullets.. 10 killed.....

Virginia Tech...2 pistols, one with 10 round magazine..... 32 killed.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 2 pistols?

Boulder...10 killed with an AR-15 rifle and regular magazines ( holding more than 10 bullets)

Luby's Cafe..... 2 pistols....24 killed.

Do you see that the 2 pistols killed more than the AR-15?

Do you know what the difference was between these attacks?

The cops immediately responded and shot at the attacker in boulder, causing him to stop shooting unarmed victims, and then he shot himself....

Virginia Tech and Luby's Cafe, the police didn't get there, and at Luby's Cafe, the one woman who could have shot and killed the attacker had to leave her gun in her car because of stupid gun free zone laws....

Boulder AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 10 bullets...you know, regular magazines..... 10 killed...

Kerch, Russia, Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, pump action shotgun...which means it had 5 shells which is 5 less than 10........20 killed 70 wounded.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 5 shot, pump action shotgun?

The difference? The Russian police station was 100 yards away from the school...and it still took them 10 minutes to get to the school...and he managed to kill 20 people with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun....10 more than the Boulder shooter with a rifle and a regular sized magazine...

So again.......in a mass public shooting the number of bullets in the gun magazine don't mean anything......the gun doesn't make the difference....

What makes the difference?

1) if the target is a gun free zone, more people get killed.

2) if someone starts shooting at the attacker, they commit suicide, or surrender, or runaway....

That is what you don't understand and don't care to understand since you simply have a mental issue when it comes to the AR-15 rifle.

That rifle had no special advantage in a mass public shooting.
I don't care about your typical gun nuts justifications. There is no reason why those weapons are needed in private ownership. The same for the other weapons of mass slaughter.

I've never seen innocent kids been killed by a pump action ladder or a fully automatic knife.

The Quran problem is and will remain so, the gun culture and the pathetic insecure mental state of those proponents is the problem. There is no need for thise weapons other than penile extensions and ego boosters by a bunch of immature cowboys posing as protectors of freedom. What rubbish.
You're as dumb as a stump.

And your opinion doesn't mean shit. Until the COTUS is repealed (after LOTS of bloodshed) your opinion doesn't affect the gun owning community at all.

If course it means nothing to an intellectual cripple like you but that doesn't mean it isn't fact. Look at your reply. Exactly the dismissals and stupidity I spoke of. Youll say and do anything to protect your ego.
Every time there is talk of gun restriction, you all go out and buy more if that will alter the conversation. Then you complain to the government you can't get ammo. Duuuuh. Talk about dumb.
You take the new weapons home, kill a deer or something then put it away with the other 6 or 9 guns. That stopped those pesky democrats.
Then the cycle is repeated again.
The slaughters continue and you believe it's collateral damage for the price of freedom.

I don't care if you've got six of those slaughter machines. My point is you have no need for them.
[/QUOTE]

How do you know? You have no idea what I need. Nor does your opinion matter.

Individuals sell their private property, and the only way to keep track would be to mandate a gun registry.......which what you actually want, because you don't care about actually stopping criminals.

You want the gun registry because you know that throughout history, past and current, gun registration is needed to keep law abiding gun owners from hiding their guns.

Individuals sell their private property, and the only way to keep track would be to mandate a gun registry.......which what you actually want, because you don't care about actually stopping criminals.

You want the gun registry because you know that throughout history, past and current, gun registration is needed to keep law abiding gun owners from hiding their guns.
Just shut your pie hole. We do background checks for new guns without a registry, and we can do the same for used guns. As much as you whine about a gun registry, I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

A large majority of Americans want universal background checks,

Yeah, and?

The ATF is currently approving upwards of 3 million Background Checks for new firearms purchases a month ...
And has been for quite some time ... They know what we have.

There are more firearms than people in the United States at this point.
It seems as though a lot of armed American Citizens also want to exercise their Constitutionally Protected Rights.

Yes, lots of new guns are being sold. Lots of used guns being sold too. No obligation for a used seller to even care if the purchaser is a felon, or otherwise not legal to even be near a gun. You got the money, you get the gun. Don't tell me bad guys only steal guns or have a straw buyer. No need to steal or have a straw buyer, when they can buy them themselves.
Everything you say is nothing but fear-mongering.

The problem is you're trying to make afraid people who think rationally and know you're full of shit.

You may be cementing the fear-based views of your fellow irrational gun-haters, but you're not going to convince normal people of anything.
Would you point out which part of that post you think is untrue?
The part where you imply criminals will start obeying the law if we pass JUST ONE MORE.

Hint: They won't.

Yeah, and?

The ATF is currently approving upwards of 3 million Background Checks for new firearms purchases a month ...

It seems as though a lot of armed American Citizens also want to exercise their Constitutionally Protected Rights.

Yes, lots of new guns are being sold. Lots of used guns being sold too. No obligation for a used seller to even care if the purchaser is a felon, or otherwise not legal to even be near a gun. You got the money, you get the gun. Don't tell me bad guys only steal guns or have a straw buyer. No need to steal or have a straw buyer, when they can buy them themselves.

The problem is you're trying to make afraid people who think rationally and know you're full of shit.

You may be cementing the fear-based views of your fellow irrational gun-haters, but you're not going to convince normal people of anything.
there is no way you can make a law that will stop private sells
It's already illegal to sell to anyone that can't legally purchase a firearm
He wants to make it DOUBLE SECRET ILLEGAL.

Yeah, and?

Bad guys use straw buyers.....they do not use private sellers because they are afraid they are ATF, or the police.....if you did some basic research you would know this.....they use friends and family with clean records to buy the guns.....prosecutors don't want to prosecute baby momma's and grandmothers, the typical gang straw buyer because juries don't like to convict these women because they often claim the gang threatens them if they don't buy the guns.....

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive.

In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Read more at: America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Convicted Murderers Admit: Gun Laws Are a Joke

To gain insight into why and how, one local news station decided to go right to the source of the problem.

To get our data, we sent surveys to every killer who used a gun to murder someone in Harris County since 2014. We wanted to know how they got their gun, what they paid, and how often, if ever, they went through a background check.

The information from the inmates tells a story most of us already know:

• 90 percent of those surveyed received their gun on the black market. They either traded goods for the firearm or a friend gave them the gun.
  • 63 percent of the guns were stolen and the majority of them were given to the perpetrator for free.
  • 90 percent of the surveyors weren’t eligible to legally buy a gun because of past criminal convictions.
  • 100 percent of the surveyors concealed carry despite failing to have a CCW permit.
[IMG]

In Texas, a felon in possession of a firearm can serve 2 to 1- years in prison.
But in Harris County, the average jail sentence for the offense is 3-and-a-half months.

It should be no surprise that criminals are buying guns on the unregulated market.

But when asked, the convicted killers abc13 interviewed were all well aware of the gun laws.

Many were previously convicted and knew they wouldn’t pass federally mandated background checks.

Others suggested they would never put a family member in a position to buy a gun for them since the penalty for that so-called ‘straw purchase’ is severe.

Despite gun control laws that focus on expanded background checks and banning “assault weapons,” the survey results prove neither one of would have prevented these murderers from committing their crime.

When asked what can be done to keep guns off the streets, each criminal had different views.

“I feel guns is not the problem. People just need to respect each other, and stop been [sic] disrespectfully [sic]. Youngster in the hood need to listen when older people tellin them something. Guns WILL always be in the streets of H-town! Sorry to say that
:(
,” said 44-year-old Cedric Jones.
I will be happy to read your entire remark as soon as you post something other than your handful of memorized bumper sticker statements and your massive store of cut and paste crap.
Chickenshit.
That's exactly what I consider the reams of the same cut and past propaganda the previous poster constantly supplies to be. Chickenshit.
He hasn't posted anything original since his 2nd day here.
Another little bitch-fit that people are allowed to disagree with you.

Too bad.

Yeah, and?

The part where you imply criminals will start obeying the law if we pass JUST ONE MORE.

Hint: They won't.
So other than the law, what is stopping more people from having fully automatic weapons?

Yeah, and?

there is no way you can make a law that will stop private sells
It's already illegal to sell to anyone that can't legally purchase a firearm
I never said I want private sales to be illegal. Quit making shit up.

This GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.
It's an honest question. All I want is an honest answer.
Lots of people doubt its an assault rifle so the entire thread is pointless.
The military definition of a weapon is irrelevant. The military did not write the 2nd amendment nor do they enforce it.

Tard
I wasn't aware that the 2nd defined assault rifle.
it covers all weapons,,
heres another dumbass,,
Make up your mind. The 2nd didn't define what an assault rifle is. I would ask you to prove otherwise, but you're already grabbing at straws trying to find something that might sound like "an ar15 is a weapon of war"
The supreme court did not rule the weapon had tto be a weapon of war just "of use" to the military

Forum List

Back