Nobody doubts the M4 is an assault weapon. Are there any material differences between an M4 and an AR15?

Which part do you think is impossible for the average tinkerer?
Now you have moved the goal posts. Most people are not tinkerers when it comes to making metal components.
You gotta bolt a small vice on the slide to hold the metal block
You don't think you could put a piece of 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" inch metal in the vice, adjust the height, and make a few cuts on a simple jig like this? Come on now.
1622618350266.png

Well, no, it cannot be "easily" converted-the receiver is different.
Most people could make an auto sear in their garage with a grinder and a vice. It wouldn't be legal, but it could be done pretty easily. However, the question was other than full auto, what are the material differences between the two rifles.

No, most people can't make that easily in their garage with a grinder and a vice.

Which part do you think is impossible for the average tinkerer? Of course a simple slide table would make it much easier. The width and the location of the drilled hole are the only 2 critical measurements on it. The rest can be a few thousandths off without a problem.
View attachment 496365

Make one. Show us all how handy you are.

Well, no, it cannot be "easily" converted-the receiver is different.
Most people could make an auto sear in their garage with a grinder and a vice. It wouldn't be legal, but it could be done pretty easily. However, the question was other than full auto, what are the material differences between the two rifles.

No, most people can't make that easily in their garage with a grinder and a vice.

Which part do you think is impossible for the average tinkerer? Of course a simple slide table would make it much easier. The width and the location of the drilled hole are the only 2 critical measurements on it. The rest can be a few thousandths off without a problem.
View attachment 496365

Make one. Show us all how handy you are.

I just showed you how to make one.

Now you have moved the goal posts. Most people are not tinkerers when it comes to making metal components.
You don't think you could put a piece of 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" inch metal in the vice, adjust the height, and make a few cuts on a simple jig like this? Come on now.
View attachment 496402
I'm not saying that it can't be done or even that it is difficult to do for someone that has the tools and experience using them. Most people don't.

It's not that hard to pour kerosene in a glass bottle and stick a rag in the top.
Of course that doesn't necessarily make it legal, won't keep you out of trouble and is still dangerous.

Last edited:
View attachment 496402
I'm not saying that it can't be done or even that it is difficult to do for someone that has the tools and experience using them. Most people don't.
That has been my point from the start. It's not hard to do. You are the first to admit that reality.

It's not that hard to pour kerosene in a glass bottle and stick a rag in the top.
Of course that doesn't necessarily make it legal, won't keep you out of trouble and is still dangerous.

I said it was illegal in the OP, and repeated the same thing several times throughout the thread. The point was that it's not a hard thing to do.

View attachment 496402
And yet no one converts an Ar into a fully automatic weapon.

So please stop trying to tell us that they do

I said it was illegal in the OP, and repeated the same thing several times throughout the thread. The point was that it's not a hard thing to do.

I know ... I had been watching folks arguing the same thing around and around.

I tend to try to throw in something, related but different, from time to time to demonstrate the simplicity of the actual argument.
I mean, I am not always good at it, but I try to shake things up to allow someone to get out of the trenches.

View attachment 496402

I've proven that it's not hard to do. We both know lots of crooks would love to have one. Why do you think so few do it? Could that be because crooks do care about at least one gun law? I thought crooks don't care about laws.

I know ... I had been watching folks arguing the same thing around and around.

I tend to try to throw in something, related but different, from time to time to demonstrate the simplicity of the actual argument.
I mean, I am not always good at it, but I try to shake things up to allow someone to get out of the trenches.

You done good.

A large majority of Americans want universal background checks,

Yeah, and?

The ATF is currently approving upwards of 3 million Background Checks for new firearms purchases a month ...
And has been for quite some time ... They know what we have.

There are more firearms than people in the United States at this point.
It seems as though a lot of armed American Citizens also want to exercise their Constitutionally Protected Rights.

Yes, lots of new guns are being sold. Lots of used guns being sold too. No obligation for a used seller to even care if the purchaser is a felon, or otherwise not legal to even be near a gun. You got the money, you get the gun. Don't tell me bad guys only steal guns or have a straw buyer. No need to steal or have a straw buyer, when they can buy them themselves.
Everything you say is nothing but fear-mongering.

The problem is you're trying to make afraid people who think rationally and know you're full of shit.

You may be cementing the fear-based views of your fellow irrational gun-haters, but you're not going to convince normal people of anything.
Would you point out which part of that post you think is untrue?
The part where you imply criminals will start obeying the law if we pass JUST ONE MORE.

Hint: They won't.
So other than the law, what is stopping more people from having fully automatic weapons?
They're expensive, you retard.
You can convert an AR for about $100.

So?

"assault weapon" isn't a valid description of anything. M4 isn't an "assault weapon" either.

Any weapon can be used in an assault. So I guess they are all "assault weapons" from a bb gun to a machine gun.
Whether assault rifles exist is a really dumb discussion. Our military has a definition of Assault Rifle, and the M4 certainly meets that definition. I'm asking how the M4 differs from an ar15, other than being full auto capable. I've already shown that the AR15 can be easily converted to full auto in #5.
So how many people have been killed by a fully auto AR15? ZERO. If you had a AR15 shooting in "fully auto mode" it's barrel would melt.
How many people have been killed doesn't effect the ability to convert to fully auto capability. More substantial barrels are easily available.

And?

"assault weapon" isn't a valid description of anything. M4 isn't an "assault weapon" either.

Any weapon can be used in an assault. So I guess they are all "assault weapons" from a bb gun to a machine gun.
Whether assault rifles exist is a really dumb discussion. Our military has a definition of Assault Rifle, and the M4 certainly meets that definition. I'm asking how the M4 differs from an ar15, other than being full auto capable. I've already shown that the AR15 can be easily converted to full auto in #5.
So how many people have been killed by a fully auto AR15? ZERO. If you had a AR15 shooting in "fully auto mode" it's barrel would melt.
How many people have been killed doesn't effect the ability to convert to fully auto capability. More substantial barrels are easily available.

I know....what we can do since you seemed obsessed with this tiny aspect of gun ownership?

We can make it against the law to commit a crime or murder with any rifle converted to full automatic mode.

There....

End of Thread.

View attachment 496402

I've proven that it's not hard to do. We both know lots of crooks would love to have one. Why do you think so few do it? Could that be because crooks do care about at least one gun law? I thought crooks don't care about laws.
I know no such thing.

Criminals like handguns you can't carry a rifle slung over your shoulder and not draw attention to yourself so your fear that all these criminals are going to start converting ARs into full auto rifles is irrational

View attachment 496402

We both know lots of crooks would love to have one.

Actually, you haven't proven that.

You have been shown that American criminals prefer handguns since they are easy to carry, whether by the criminal or in the baby momma's purse, easy to hide, and easy to throw away.

Why do you think so few do it? Could that be because crooks do care about at least one gun law? I thought crooks don't care about laws.

The criminals in Europe want fully automatic military rifles and so they get them...

You have also been shown that criminals in Europe don't have to convert AR-15s since their weapon of choice is the already fully automatic military rifle and they also use grenades......I am pretty sure hand grenades are illegal in Europe too.....

So.......what is your point?

View attachment 496402

I know no such thing.

Criminals like handguns you can't carry a rifle slung over your shoulder and not draw attention to yourself so your fear that all these criminals are going to start converting ARs into full auto rifles is irrational
What makes you think I fear that? I never said I expected that to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure most won't even consider it. The penalty for an illegal fully auto rifle is just too high. Looks like some gun laws aren't ignored.

View attachment 496402

I know no such thing.

What makes you think I fear that? I never said I expected that to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure most won't even consider it. The penalty for an illegal fully auto rifle is just too high. Looks like some gun laws aren't ignored.
You fear it because you have spent 45 pages telling people how easy it is and trying to convince people that it's only a matter of time until we have gangs roaming the streets with fully auto AR 15 rifles but in reality no one does it.

View attachment 496402

I know no such thing.

Higher than murder?

Are you really this dumb.......

Forum List

Back