Nobody doubts the M4 is an assault weapon. Are there any material differences between an M4 and an AR15?

Typical of gun grabbers to make an outrageous comment (AR-15's are easily converted to full automatic) and then move on without comment as if it is fact. The fact is that it's not easy and some AR's could blow up and the biggest thing is that no gunsmith would touch one because it could get you substantial time in the slammer. To my knowledge there is no account of a "converted" AR used in a crime.

Not only are converted ARs not used in crime but neither are legal Class III machine guns. If I remember correctly only one Class III has ever been used in a crime and that is when an off duty policeman found his wife in bed with another guy and grabbed his privately owned M-16 and shot the SOB. A crime of passion.

ARs and what these stupid Moon Bats call "assault weapons" are not the weapon of choice for criminals. Not by a long shot. The weapons of choice are cheap handguns that can be easily concealed.

Only about 400 long guns are used for crime in a year and ARs are only a subset of that category. There are more shotguns used in crime than ARs. Didn't Joe Dufus tell us to arm ourselves with shotguns?
Yes, he did, and he told us to shoot blindly through the door. Really brainy stuff there, Quid Pro.

The M4 is the main rifle used by the US military, and no one could question that it is an assault rifle. The M4 is capable of full automatic fire, and 3 round burst, and the AR15 is not. Of course, it would be illegal, but the AR15 can easily be converted to allow those types of fire. Other than that difference, what makes an M4 an assault weapon, and an AR15 not?
another liar 4.jpg

Which part do you think is impossible for the average tinkerer?
Now you have moved the goal posts. Most people are not tinkerers when it comes to making metal components.
You gotta bolt a small vice on the slide to hold the metal block
You don't think you could put a piece of 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" inch metal in the vice, adjust the height, and make a few cuts on a simple jig like this? Come on now.
View attachment 496402
And yet no one converts an Ar into a fully automatic weapon.

So please stop trying to tell us that they do
I've proven that it's not hard to do. We both know lots of crooks would love to have one. Why do you think so few do it? Could that be because crooks do care about at least one gun law? I thought crooks don't care about laws.
I know no such thing.

Criminals like handguns you can't carry a rifle slung over your shoulder and not draw attention to yourself so your fear that all these criminals are going to start converting ARs into full auto rifles is irrational
What makes you think I fear that? I never said I expected that to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure most won't even consider it. The penalty for an illegal fully auto rifle is just too high. Looks like some gun laws aren't ignored.
You fear it because you have spent 45 pages telling people how easy it is and trying to convince people that it's only a matter of time until we have gangs roaming the streets with fully auto AR 15 rifles but in reality no one does it.
I'm always amazed at how much shit you make up, and then convince yourself it is real. I never gave any reason to believe I expect gangs roaming the streets with fully auto weapons. I just said the conversion wasn't so hard.

Now you have moved the goal posts. Most people are not tinkerers when it comes to making metal components.
You don't think you could put a piece of 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" inch metal in the vice, adjust the height, and make a few cuts on a simple jig like this? Come on now.
View attachment 496402

I've proven that it's not hard to do. We both know lots of crooks would love to have one. Why do you think so few do it? Could that be because crooks do care about at least one gun law? I thought crooks don't care about laws.
I know no such thing.

Criminals like handguns you can't carry a rifle slung over your shoulder and not draw attention to yourself so your fear that all these criminals are going to start converting ARs into full auto rifles is irrational
What makes you think I fear that? I never said I expected that to happen. In fact, I'm pretty sure most won't even consider it. The penalty for an illegal fully auto rifle is just too high. Looks like some gun laws aren't ignored.
You fear it because you have spent 45 pages telling people how easy it is and trying to convince people that it's only a matter of time until we have gangs roaming the streets with fully auto AR 15 rifles but in reality no one does it.
I'm always amazed at how much shit you make up, and then convince yourself it is real. I never gave any reason to believe I expect gangs roaming the streets with fully auto weapons. I just said the conversion wasn't so hard.

And that you just KNOW that ALL criminals want fully auto AR 15s

Don't forget that part

The M4 is the main rifle used by the US military, and no one could question that it is an assault rifle. The M4 is capable of full automatic fire, and 3 round burst, and the AR15 is not. Of course, it would be illegal, but the AR15 can easily be converted to allow those types of fire. Other than that difference, what makes an M4 an assault weapon, and an AR15 not?
View attachment 496457
Neat trick mikey. I never considered using overlays like that.

View attachment 496402

I know no such thing.

Don't forget that part
Probably not all.

View attachment 496402

I know no such thing.

Don't forget that part
Probably not all.
Probably hardly any

View attachment 496457
It's called changing the layer opacity.

View attachment 496457
I know what it's called. I just never thought to use it here.

I just showed you how to make one.

It's not that hard to pour kerosene in a glass bottle and stick a rag in the top.
Of course that doesn't necessarily make it legal, won't keep you out of trouble and is still dangerous.

I said it was illegal in the OP, and repeated the same thing several times throughout the thread. The point was that it's not a hard thing to do.
And the response is "Who cares? And for what rational reason?

View attachment 496402
I'm not saying that it can't be done or even that it is difficult to do for someone that has the tools and experience using them. Most people don't.
That has been my point from the start. It's not hard to do. You are the first to admit that reality.
It's not hard for people skilled in machining or metal working.. which is not most people.

View attachment 496402
I'm not saying that it can't be done or even that it is difficult to do for someone that has the tools and experience using them. Most people don't.
That has been my point from the start. It's not hard to do. You are the first to admit that reality.
It's not hard for people skilled in machining or metal working.. which is not most people.

Not true.....I took some paperclips, a stapler and a toaster and just built a fully automatic AR-15 rifle from scratch......now try to tell us that criminals all over the country don't want to do that too....

View attachment 496402
not much skill needed with that little jig. You can measure, can't you?

View attachment 496457
I know what it's called. I just never thought to use it here.
I use Elements 2020, what do you use?

Well, no, it cannot be "easily" converted-the receiver is different.
Most people could make an auto sear in their garage with a grinder and a vice. It wouldn't be legal, but it could be done pretty easily. However, the question was other than full auto, what are the material differences between the two rifles.

No, most people can't make that easily in their garage with a grinder and a vice.

Which part do you think is impossible for the average tinkerer? Of course a simple slide table would make it much easier. The width and the location of the drilled hole are the only 2 critical measurements on it. The rest can be a few thousandths off without a problem.
View attachment 496365

Make one. Show us all how handy you are.

I just showed you how to make one.

Make it. Show us your work.

View attachment 496402
not much skill needed with that little jig. You can measure, can't you?

So make it. Show us your skills.

Why are you telling him to commit a Federal felony?

He says it's easy. All he has to do is make a larger version of it and it’s completely legal. So long as it doesn't fit into a weapon it is merely a widget.

I want to see the quality of his work.

Also, large objects are easy to make. Small are hard. So if he can't do a big one, he certainly won't be able to do a small one.

Forum List

Back