"Nobody knew healthcare could be that complicated."

Appeal to authority noted, though it is not an actual argument.

You want higher profits caps for insurance companies? ummm ok, that is a paragraph long amendment to ACA.

But how the fuck is that going to bring down insurance costs for people?
As I pointed out in my original post, that's just one part. The cap on profits makes it untenable for the insurers to have two bad years in a row, and since it has been so difficult for them to project utilization with so many unhealthy people on their censuses, it's not worth it for them to take the chance.

They have to cover everything, including maternity. They have to cover everyone, knowing that healthier people would rather just risk a penalty than get coverage. On and on. They can't get premiums down in that environment. So, they're just doing what they're supposed to do: They're pulling out. The thing is collapsing as we speak, just as many of us were screaming when it was announced.

Again NOTHING of what you are talking about is some sort of complex problem to fix.

"untenable for the insurers to have two bad years in a row?" - simply let them them get a profit cap credit for the loss - it is literally a paragraph long amendment to ACA. If Republicans were serious about doing what is best for America, instead of their politico bs small stuff like this would already be fixed.

The only thing seriously collapsing the market is current state of total POLITICAL uncertainty and lack of basic will to put America ahead of politics. There is a reactionary movement that was built on little beyond Obama-sucks! and nonononono that was so divorced from constructive thought that now that they got in power they have no clue what to do.
Believe what you will.

The insurance companies have to act in their best interests, and they're getting the hell out before they lose any more money.

And your solution is?

I've given you mine and your response is "whatever man". Ok, well what is your solution?
Expand the already-operational Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage system to all, creating a strong foundation that includes diagnostic and preventive care, and allowing for a massive market for private companies to engage in competition and innovation. It would also take a huge cost responsibility off of insurers by relieving them of all the low-end costs and administration of regular health insurance plans. Get rid of the insane 7-headed beast of a delivery/payment system that we have now, and take a massive cost monkey off the back of American employers.

The system is already in place.

..but that's just another plan Republicans would hate even more than Obamacare.

You want to cut intitlements.....fuck with disability.....white people would go insane!!

As I pointed out in my original post, that's just one part. The cap on profits makes it untenable for the insurers to have two bad years in a row, and since it has been so difficult for them to project utilization with so many unhealthy people on their censuses, it's not worth it for them to take the chance.

They have to cover everything, including maternity. They have to cover everyone, knowing that healthier people would rather just risk a penalty than get coverage. On and on. They can't get premiums down in that environment. So, they're just doing what they're supposed to do: They're pulling out. The thing is collapsing as we speak, just as many of us were screaming when it was announced.

Again NOTHING of what you are talking about is some sort of complex problem to fix.

"untenable for the insurers to have two bad years in a row?" - simply let them them get a profit cap credit for the loss - it is literally a paragraph long amendment to ACA. If Republicans were serious about doing what is best for America, instead of their politico bs small stuff like this would already be fixed.

The only thing seriously collapsing the market is current state of total POLITICAL uncertainty and lack of basic will to put America ahead of politics. There is a reactionary movement that was built on little beyond Obama-sucks! and nonononono that was so divorced from constructive thought that now that they got in power they have no clue what to do.
Believe what you will.

The insurance companies have to act in their best interests, and they're getting the hell out before they lose any more money.

And your solution is?

I've given you mine and your response is "whatever man". Ok, well what is your solution?
Expand the already-operational Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage system to all, creating a strong foundation that includes diagnostic and preventive care, and allowing for a massive market for private companies to engage in competition and innovation. It would also take a huge cost responsibility off of insurers by relieving them of all the low-end costs and administration of regular health insurance plans. Get rid of the insane 7-headed beast of a delivery/payment system that we have now, and take a massive cost monkey off the back of American employers.

The system is already in place.

But that's just another plan Republicans would hate even more than Obamacare.
Of course, and back to my original point: They'd get booted out of office by their base, and they just gotta have the cushy gubmit job.

They know what they should do, but they're cowards, just like the Dems.

Trump Says “Nobody Knew Health Care Could Be So Complicated”

Orange Pres is such a goof. Heaven help us. Of course it is complicated. Twenty million are now insured who weren't.

And you, Mr. Pres, are at 38%. Pay attention. Focus.

634133704-president-donald-trump-listens-as-he-meets-with-county.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

There is no longer a mandate so who gives a shit.

Bush was a disaster, Obama a little bit better, but both were light years better than Trump.

Impeach or Amendment XXV.

Stop the nonsense of the orange disaster.

But somebody did take 60 Congressional votes to repeal ACA and somebody did make bullshit campaign promises that he "has a wonderful replacement plan".

But now they that they actually have to get something done it's "Oh no! This is tough and complicated!"

What a bunch of cranks and charlatans.

A plan that we have yet to see...What does it entail other than allowing people to buy insurance across state lines, which in and of itself doesn't even take into consideration that different states have different -- potentially incompatible -- rules about insurance. What are folks to do? Move to buy health insurance?

Oh and BTW, healthcare isn't the hard part. Doctors, nurses, etc. deliver that daily, and do a pretty fine job of it for the most part. It's health insurance that's complicated.

The Democrats screwed up health care in this country so bad with that stupid Obamacare bill that it will take awhile to figure out how to fix it.

Trump wants to do it right. Not like the filthy Democrats that passed a bill that nobody even bothered to read and then had to lie about it to get the stupid Americans to accept it.

Gruber-on-the-lies-told-to-pass-Obamacare1.jpg
Trump told us he had a replacement. TRUMP LIED AGAIN

Trump will announce his replacement soon and there will be more flooding in the commie states from the torrents of Liberals tears.

One thing thing about it. Unlike the Democrats he will get it right and he will have read it ahead of time and then he won't have to lie to the American people about what is in it.
Trump lies to the American people every single day, dumbo

President Trump on Monday said Republicans are working out a “very good” plan to repeal and replace Obamacare before the party tackles tax reform, though he appeared to be caught off-guard by the magnitude of the fight.

“It’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated,” he told governors assembled at the White House.

Donald Trump: ‘Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated’

Controlling people's lives is tricky business.
Particularly when you don't want them to know.

the Republicans don't have the balls to admit they can't replace it without doing it in a way that would piss off their base, meaning they'd lose their cushy gubmit jobs.

....Moreover, six-plus years of bitchin' and moanin' about how horrible O-care is and they don't have a plan teed up and ready to go. However complicated health insurance is, seeing as they had the ACA and the process of passing it as a starting point to inform their decisions and redesign, anyone who actually wanted to implement improvements would have figured out what to do, how to do it, and be ready to go.

Now we see that all they really had and wanted was a "lever" they could use as political talking point for riling up a based of people who were more concerned with getting rid of Democrats than they were about emplacing people who were ready and willing to bite the bullet and actually govern.

Last edited:
the Republicans don't have the balls to admit they can't replace it without doing it in a way that would piss off their base, meaning they'd lose their cushy gubmit jobs.

....Moreover, six-plus years of bitchin' and moanin' about how horrible O-care is and they don't have a plan ready teed up and ready to go. However complicated health insurance is, seeing as they had the ACA and the process of passing it as a starting point to inform their decisions and redesign, anyone who actually wanted to implement improvements would have figured out what to do, how to do it, and be ready to go.

Now we see that all they really had and wanted was a "lever" they could use as political talking point for riling up a based of people who were more concerned with getting rid of Democrats than they were about emplacing people who were ready and willing to bite the bullet and actually govern.
I realize professional politicians don't have much shame, but I'm still amazed at how they can complain about the ACA and STILL not have a clear replacement. After all this time.

That's takes a lotta nerve.

Orange Pres is such a goof. Heaven help us. Of course it is complicated. Twenty million are now insured who weren't.

634133704-president-donald-trump-listens-as-he-meets-with-county.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Now your insurance premiums will go even higher, Dumbo
I have never bought insurance on my life, and I'm not about to. I used to pay the fine/tax… No longer need to.
U.S. tax agency no longer enforcing Obamacare individual mandate -report
:dance:

I have never bought insurance on my life, and I'm not about to. I used to pay the fine/tax… No longer need to.
So, if you go into a hospital and get a $20,000 bills for just a few days, you will write a check?

So, if you go into a hospital and get a $20,000 bills for just a few days, you will write a check?
I've never bought insurance and I've never claimed anything off insurance… No need to. I pay out-of-pocket for all my expenses always have…

Anyway there's no guarantee that insurance companies have to pay your bill… They shaft people all the time

The problem Trump and the GOP has is how to:
A) 'Repeal Obamacare' while
B) Keeping everything about Obamacare that their supporters like- which includes 1) keeping adult children on their parents policies 2) Coverage for pre-existing conditions 3) Some 20 million Americans having health insurance.

Pretty much all they can agree on is that Americans should have the freedom to not have health insurance.......but not changing the requirements for hospitals to treat everyone regardless of insurance status.

"Nobody knew healthcare could be that difficult"

Just another great Trump quote.

Anyway there's no guarantee that insurance companies have to pay your bill… They shaft people all the time
Lets ask you again, einstein, if you enter a hospital and get a $20,000 or maybe a $75,000 bill are you going to pay out of pocket?

Forum List

Back