"Nobody knew healthcare could be that complicated."

Well, that's bullshit. I distinctly remember hearing at the time about how complicated they made this pig. It was essentially metastasized from the very beginning.

The Democrats dropped a massive mess on us, and the Republicans don't have the balls to admit they can't replace it without doing it in a way that would piss off their base, meaning they'd lose their cushy gubmit jobs.

Our "leaders" have failed us again.

Bullshit, if it was just a mess of Democrat making then simply repealing ACA would be an option. But it isn't exactly because ACA did solve some problems that simple repeal will again bring back.

Healthcare IS complex and that is exactly why ACA was complex and why what we need is improving on it instead of throwing everything out the window in the name of Obama-sucks! and ending up in the same shitty square one.
A system that puts a cap on annual health insurance company profits while also forcing them to cover everything for everyone is simply not going to work. That's the very heart of the law, and we're seeing the predictable result: Insurance companies saying "no thanks", and you can't blame them.

That is not the system, not even close, it's not even a tenth of it.
Great, next time I do my annual training on health insurance administration and Medicare I'll tell my instructor you said that.

What an idiot. Trump thought healthcare was easy. If all the other stupid things he has said and done would have never happened, this one thing alone would be enough to show he is too stupid to be president.

Meh. He shouldn't have acted like he knew.. that's just the politician coming out.
We cant expect people to know everything. That's not possible. That's also why they have like a 4K person staff :D

Well, that's bullshit. I distinctly remember hearing at the time about how complicated they made this pig. It was essentially metastasized from the very beginning.

The Democrats dropped a massive mess on us, and the Republicans don't have the balls to admit they can't replace it without doing it in a way that would piss off their base, meaning they'd lose their cushy gubmit jobs.

Bullshit, if it was just a mess of Democrat making then simply repealing ACA would be an option. But it isn't exactly because ACA did solve some problems that simple repeal will again bring back.

Healthcare IS complex and that is exactly why ACA was complex and why what we need is improving on it instead of throwing everything out the window in the name of Obama-sucks! and ending up in the same shitty square one.
A system that puts a cap on annual health insurance company profits while also forcing them to cover everything for everyone is simply not going to work. That's the very heart of the law, and we're seeing the predictable result: Insurance companies saying "no thanks", and you can't blame them.

Great, next time I do my annual training on health insurance administration and Medicare I'll tell my instructor you said that.

Appeal to authority noted, though that's not a real argument.

You want higher profits cap for insurance companies? ummm ok, that is a paragraph long amendment to ACA.

But how the fuck is that going to bring down insurance costs for people?

Obamacare Failed Because It Made More Sense to Remain Uninsured

UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), the nation's largest health insurer, announced that it would be reducing its individual ACA plan offerings from 34 states in 2016 to just three this year. Humana (NYSE: HUM) and Aetna (NYSE: AET) followed with county-based coverage cuts of nearly 90% and 70%, respectively, after federal regulators moved to block their merger. And Anthem (NYSE: ANTM), which has been viewed as a major beneficiary of Obamacare, says that it could reduce its coverage in 2018 (assuming Obamacare were to survive till then) if its margins didn't improve. With unsustainable losses, three big insurers have already pulled back on their coverage, and in doing so, they reduced the number of plan options many consumers had to choose from.

Further hurting consumer choice was the failure of the risk corridor, a type of risk-pooling fund that was designed to be capitalized by overly profitable insurers, and would distribute funds to ACA insurers that were losing excessive amounts of money because they priced their premiums too low. Nearly $2.9 billion was requested by money-losing insurers, but only $362 million wound up being paid out. As a result, three-quarters of Obamacare's approved healthcare cooperatives had to shut their doors in 2016.

Appeal to authority noted, though it is not an actual argument.

You want higher profits caps for insurance companies? ummm ok, that is a paragraph long amendment to ACA.

But how the fuck is that going to bring down insurance costs for people?
As I pointed out in my original post, that's just one part. The cap on profits makes it untenable for the insurers to have two bad years in a row, and since it has been so difficult for them to project utilization with so many unhealthy people on their censuses, it's not worth it for them to take the chance.

They have to cover everything, including maternity. They have to cover everyone, knowing that healthier people would rather just risk a penalty than get coverage. On and on. They can't get premiums down in that environment. So, they're just doing what they're supposed to do: They're pulling out. The thing is collapsing as we speak, just as many of us were screaming when it was announced.

Meh. He shouldn't have acted like he knew.. that's just the politician coming out.
We cant expect people to know everything. That's not possible. That's also why they have like a 4K person staff :D

He said he knew. He said he had already studied the problem, and he knew how to fix it. That's not being a politician, that's being a liar, but we already knew that.

What an idiot. Trump thought healthcare was easy. If all the other stupid things he has said and done would have never happened, this one thing alone would be enough to show he is too stupid to be president.
Health care is easy. You go to the doctor, and they help you stay healthy.

Trump has a fucking big mouth, which you can't ignore. Like the asshole he is, we were told he had a plan to end the ACA. Now he admits he is nothing but a 2 bit liar

Trump has a fucking big mouth, which you can't ignore. Like the asshole he is, we were told he had a plan to end the ACA. Now he admits he is nothing but a 2 bit liar
Funny, I didn't hear Trump say anything such thing. This must be another one of your "facts".

Damn, that's almost as smart as that stupid orange president's remarks.

Its
Funny, I didn't hear Trump say anything such thing. This must be another one of your "facts".
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump aims to replace Obamacare with a plan that would envisage “insurance for everybody,” he said in an interview with the Washington Post published on Sunday night.

Trump did not give the newspaper specifics about his proposals to replace Democratic President Barack Obama’s signature health insurance law, but said the plan was nearly finished and he was ready to unveil it alongside the leaders of the Republican-controlled Congress. The Republican president-elect takes office on Friday.

Is the angry left really going to defend Obama-care when almost everyone on both sides of the isle calls it a resounding failure? What good does it do to insure 20 million more people if the freaking deductible costs as much as a new car? The middle class is hurting, congressional politicians exempted themselves and nobody including the then speaker of the house even read the thing. All the crazies on the left care about is phony polls while President Trump is running circles around them. You almost gotta laugh when the deliberately disrespectful photo of the President is bigger than the argument that lefties promote and the angry left seems more interested in stupid inane cartoons than facts.

Is the angry left really going to defend Obama-care when almost everyone on both sides of the isle call it a resounding failure? What good does it do to insure 20 million more people if the freaking deductible costs as much as a new car? The middle class is hurting, congressional politicians exempted themselves and nobody including the then speaker of the house even read the thing. All the crazies on the left care about is phony polls while President Trump is running circles around them.
Why would 20 million people keep their health insurance if the deductibles were that high?
Congressional politicians DID NOT exempt themselves.

The Democrats screwed up health care in this country so bad with that stupid Obamacare bill that it will take awhile to figure out how to fix it.

Trump wants to do it right. Not like the filthy Democrats that passed a bill that nobody even bothered to read and then had to lie about it to get the stupid Americans to accept it.

Gruber-on-the-lies-told-to-pass-Obamacare1.jpg

The Democrats screwed up health care in this country so bad with that stupid Obamacare bill that it will take awhile to figure out how to fix it.

Trump wants to do it right. Not like the filthy Democrats that passed a bill that nobody even bothered to read and then had to lie about it to get the stupid Americans to accept it.

Gruber-on-the-lies-told-to-pass-Obamacare1.jpg
Trump told us he had a replacement. TRUMP LIED AGAIN

The boy clown is now conceding that repealing ACA is a complex undertaking......never mind the fact for the last 8 years his mindless minons on the right has done everything humanly possible to repeal the shit without one ounce of effort to replace it with something better, like what effin planet had this moron, ie Trump been on???

What he plan to do is get rid of ACA and use the money to fund the DOD and you heard it here first....and of course CNN (smile).

Forum List

Back