None Dare Call It What It Is...

Hide and seek? Don't be silly.
But that is exactly what God does. He could reveal himself, no faith required, but does not. He has allowed a world with a wide array of visions of God/gods to confuse those who do seek. Many religious texts claim miracles and supernatural events yet we don't see anything supernatural in our daily lives. He built a universe that appears to be very old and very big and to work on laws that don't require the continued presence of a deity.

Much of what is good in life was born as a result of much suffering and pain. The more you understand the less painful suffering is.
What was the good that came from smallpox? Did we screw up God's plans now that we've eradicated it?

Oh I see, you are full of compassion for all those people who die from terrible things and believes that a God who would allow nature to run its course has to be evil..as if everyone doesn't end up dead.

You would rather everyone lived happily ever after on a planet with finite resources that could never support the existence of all the people who ever lived on it at the same time...

Thats what you would do if you were God?

May I bring you some tea, your majesty?
If I were God this would be a very different place. Would you build a world with miscarriages, birth defects, disease, and natural disasters if it were up to you? I certainly wouldn't want anything sacrificed to me and why would I care to be worshiped by mere mortals I'd created.

Much of what is good in life was born as a result of much suffering and pain. The more you understand the less painful suffering is.
What was the good that came from smallpox? Did we screw up God's plans now that we've eradicated it?
Funny how you attribute sickness and disease to God. Was Jesus going against God when He healed the sick?
Did God not create bacteria and viruses even before he created man?

Why did Jesus stop healing the sick and how come he never made it to China?

Funny how you attribute sickness and disease to God. Was Jesus going against God when He healed the sick?
Did God not create bacteria and viruses even before he created man?

Why did Jesus stop healing the sick and how come he never made it to China?
It's a fallen world, that's why there is sickness. Jesus didn't go to China because the food wasn't kosher.

It's a fallen world, that's why there is sickness.
Eve ate an apple so I get the flu? Is there any rationale for that or is it one of those 'god only knows' things?
Yes, there is rationale for that. Adam allowed her to eat it and he ate it. Disobedience. They were told they could eat from any tree except from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Do you believe there is such a thing as sin?

Yes, there is rationale for that. Adam allowed her to eat it and he ate it. Disobedience. They were told they could eat from any tree except from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Do you think it is anything but evil to punish someone for the deeds of someone else?

Do you believe there is such a thing as sin?
Sin or evil, two sides of the same coin and both are relative to the culture. Neither are absolute, even in the Bible.

2. "In enlightened political conversation, the word 'evil' had been disreputable for a long time-..... The wordevil,” in many minds, |smacks of an atavistic, superstitious, and even medieval simplism, of a fundamentalist mindset that might be inclined to in witches or to reject the teachings of evoluiton in the public schools.

Didn't spell evolution correctly, which tells me that plagiarism is easier than cut-n-paste
Of course instead of debating the issue, be a grammatical Nazi.. Don't expect any real intelligence from the left other than diverting the issue to the OP.
In all fairness, the OP would take great delight in pointing out grammatical and spelling errors in order to further her premise that she's smarter than everyone else. If she can't back up her claims, she always goes to personal insults. That's why it's pointless to debate PC. She's an intellectually dishonest hack.

Yes, there is rationale for that. Adam allowed her to eat it and he ate it. Disobedience. They were told they could eat from any tree except from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Do you think it is anything but evil to punish someone for the deeds of someone else?

Do you believe there is such a thing as sin?
Sin or evil, two sides of the same coin and both are relative to the culture. Neither are absolute, even in the Bible.
God provided a way out of the punishment. Your choice, don't blame God. Blame yourself. Do you believe sin is real, yes or no.

2. "In enlightened political conversation, the word 'evil' had been disreputable for a long time-..... The wordevil,” in many minds, |smacks of an atavistic, superstitious, and even medieval simplism, of a fundamentalist mindset that might be inclined to in witches or to reject the teachings of evoluiton in the public schools.

Didn't spell evolution correctly, which tells me that plagiarism is easier than cut-n-paste
Of course instead of debating the issue, be a grammatical Nazi.. Don't expect any real intelligence from the left other than diverting the issue to the OP.
In all fairness, the OP would take great delight in pointing out grammatical and spelling errors in order to further her premise that she's smarter than everyone else. If she can't back up her claims, she always goes to personal insults. That's why it's pointless to debate PC. She's an intellectually dishonest hack.
Says the people who voted for the guy who said "you will save $2,500" and "you didn't build that". When a liberal is telling us that someone is lying, it is the liberals who are the habitual liars and worse, they don't give a shit when they are caught lying...

Says the people who voted for the guy who said "you will save $2,500" and "you didn't build that". When a liberal is telling us that someone is lying, it is the liberals who are the habitual liars and worse, they don't give a shit when they are caught lying...
It seems in this case it is a conservative who distorts the truth for their own purposes. The "you didn't build that" quote, the mantra of the 2012 GOP convention is a phrase that is 100% true but was taken out of context. To me that is as much a lie as any other.

God provided a way out of the punishment. Your choice, don't blame God. Blame yourself. Do you believe sin is real, yes or no.
Like most people on this planet, I wasn't raised to be a Christian. Do we really have a choice? Is ignorance a cause for eternal damnation?

I thought I answered the sin question but since you obviously don't think so, you'll have to define what you mean as 'sin'.

It seems in this case it is a conservative who distorts the truth for their own purposes. The "you didn't build that" quote, the mantra of the 2012 GOP convention is a phrase that is 100% true but was taken out of context. To me that is as much a lie as any other.
It wasn't the government that brought Apple back to the U.S. bringing with it the 350 billion dollars that will now be taxed. Don't give me your bullshit, when a liberal tries to accuse the rest of US that we are wrong, it always ends up the liberals who are wrong...Don't fucking doubt me.

Like most people on this planet, I wasn't raised to be a Christian. Do we really have a choice? Is ignorance a cause for eternal damnation?

I thought I answered the sin question but since you obviously don't think so, you'll have to define what you mean as 'sin'.
Just another person when they die, will end up as worm food..I wont miss you in the after life.

Death. When Adam sinned he died. Unless sin is resolved in a person, they will be eternally seperated from God. There is eventual physical death and spiritual death, since you are a spirit being. Do you believe that?

It wasn't the government that brought Apple back to the U.S. bringing with it the 350 billion dollars that will now be taxed. Don't give me your bullshit, when a liberal tries to accuse the rest of US that we are wrong, it always ends up the liberals who are wrong...Don't fucking doubt me.
Sorry but I do fucking doubt you.

Death. When Adam sinned he died. Unless sin is resolved in a person, they will be eternally seperated from God. There is eventual physical death and spiritual death, since you are a spirit being. Do you believe that?
I believe my 'spirit' resides in my physical body. When I physically die my spirit will cease to exist. I see no reason to think that my spirit existed before I was born or will exist after I die. It would be nice to be immortal but that is, almost certainly, not possible.

I believe my 'spirit' resides in my physical body. When I physically die my spirit will cease to exist. I see no reason to think that my spirit existed before I was born or will exist after I die. It would be nice to be immortal but that is, almost certainly, not possible.
I believe God created me, spirit, soul, body. My spirit is dead (seperated from God) by sin. We are all sinners. My spirit is made alive by faith in Jesus. I believe your spirit is eternal. When your body dies you're going to live forever, either with God or seperated from God. This is what Scripture teaches.

I believe God created me, spirit, soul, body. My spirit is dead (seperated from God) by sin. We are all sinners. My spirit is made alive by faith in Jesus. I believe your spirit is eternal. When your body dies you're going to live forever, either with God or seperated from God. This is what Scripture teaches.
I certainly can't (and would not want to) disprove your beliefs. I hope you take comfort from them.

Curiously, I've never met a Christian who didn't think they were going to heaven. I have met many who are convinced most others, both Christian and non-Christian are going straight to hell. I think if I believed in hell I'd be petrified I might end up there by believing wrongly.

Forum List

Back