Noow heear this!! DeBlasio bureaucrats to fine businesses that fail to use 'correct' gender pronouns

If you cannot serve Jennifer you are free to go out of business. The same if you cannot obey the fire code.

What if de Blowhard passed a law imposing a $250,000 fine for criticizing Democrats. Would you also be OK with that?
No.

I also would not approve of law requiring all people to sing God Save The Queen each day. Is that likely?

Why not? What's your objection? Are you a child?
It is unrelated to human rights.

Since that is what these regulations address that is what is under discussion. Not free speech or Nazis.

There is no human right not to be offended, Nazi. De Blowhard's regulation has no relation to human rights either. The rule is a direct violation of the First Amendment. Freedom of speech includes the right to offend people. In fact, offensive speech is exactly the kind the Amendment was intended to protect.
concucting-research-with-children-amsrs-presentation-2-728.jpg

The issue is, don't be an asshole and you won't be facing a fine.

If Bob says please call me Jennifer, just do it. It won't harm you or lead to the end of civilization as we know it.
Just do it.

It would be easier to not say a word to Bob, who thinks he's Jennifer. Bob..I mean Jennifer has issues and I wouldn't leave myself open to a lawsuit.
If you cannot serve Jennifer you are free to go out of business. The same if you cannot obey the fire code.
Never said I wouldn't serve Bob.

Why would you want someone to be put out of business?
A business that won't obey the laws is a business we don't need.

You don't get to determine which businesses we don't need, asshole.
Businesses that refuse to obey the law have determined that for themselves.

The issue is, don't be an asshole and you won't be facing a fine.

If Bob says please call me Jennifer, just do it. It won't harm you or lead to the end of civilization as we know it.
Just do it.

It would be easier to not say a word to Bob, who thinks he's Jennifer. Bob..I mean Jennifer has issues and I wouldn't leave myself open to a lawsuit.

So you want people to be put out of business?
When they won't obey the law? Absolutely.

Just do it.

You don't get to determine which businesses we don't need, asshole.
Businesses that refuse to obey the law have determined that for themselves.

Right. The law played no part in it. Your record for idiocy is almost a perfect 100%

It's one thing to follow guidelines for making your business successful. It's another to turn them into legal requirements. The later is Stalinism.

Yeah, so was it Stalinism when they told businesses they couldn't refuse to serve blacks or Jews?

Yes, actually.
Still fighting the good fight, from 60 years ago I see?

News update, your side lost.

News update, that doesn't make it right.

The why should the pronoun used be any different?

Because it's discrimination to CONSISTENTLY do it. and we aren't even talking about a customer in a business, really. We are talking about employers and landlords, who would probably be subject to this rule, not so much shopkeepers.

Nope, that's not discrimination. It's perfectly legal to call a patron who comes in the N-word. That's offensive, but it's not discrimination. It's free speech.

Because it's discrimination to CONSISTENTLY do it. and we aren't even talking about a customer in a business, really. We are talking about employers and landlords, who would probably be subject to this rule, not so much shopkeepers.
Don't you think that business owners can handle this issue without the force of law and a threat of financial ruin?

This isn't 1950.

Don't you think that business owners can handle this issue without the force of law and a threat of financial ruin?

This isn't 1950.
Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

This isn't 1950.

I wouldn't trust business owners to handle much of anything. That's why we have sanitation and safety and wage and anti-discrimination laws.

Because given an opportunity, there are businesses who will cheat their customers and employees at the drop of a hat.

Typically, a sales clerk will call you "sir" if you are a man, "miss" if you are a young woman, and "ma'am" if you are a middle-aged woman or older.

This new law is designed to strike terror in the hearts of sales clerks and business owners so that they will not know what to call their customers.

The purpose of this new law is to sow chaos, fear, division and hate, and to throw gasoline on the fire that is already burning in this country regarding LGBT issues.

Mayor deBlasio knows exactly what he is doing. He is acting like a Stalinist and he will enjoy all the businesses he will destroy with this new law.

This isn't 1950.

I wouldn't trust business owners to handle much of anything. That's why we have sanitation and safety and wage and anti-discrimination laws.

Because given an opportunity, there are businesses who will cheat their customers and employees at the drop of a hat.
I'm sure you are correct, but this particular situation could have probably been dealt with without the force of law.

Typically, a sales clerk will call you "sir" if you are a man, "miss" if you are a young woman, and "ma'am" if you are a middle-aged woman or older.

This new law is designed to strike terror in the hearts of sales clerks and business owners so that they will not know what to call their customers.

The purpose of this new law is to sow chaos, fear, division and hate, and to throw gasoline on the fire that is already burning in this country regarding LGBT issues.

Mayor deBlasio knows exactly what he is doing. He is acting like a Stalinist and he will enjoy all the businesses he will destroy with this new law.

or maybe you guys are going into hysterics about what the Right Wing Noise machine tells you this laws says and what it actually says...

Forum List

Back